Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care - Emmett, ID

This is a terrible place for your memory impaired relative

I had a family member put in the memory care place because she wandered. when she was admitted she was walking by herself for short distances and sometimes with a cane or walker. After being there for two months she was so weak she couldn't get out of bed without assistance and there was no system in place for her to summon help. There was a staff member there that used a very harsh demeaning tone with the residents and other staff and she often clashed with my family member, as a result she was given an anti anxiety meds 3 times a day mostly without eating something first. . She lost 20 lbs and had fallen 3 times, the last time she broke her hip and no one knows how long she laid in her room on the floor. She was not given a shower on a regular basis and her bathroom was not cleaned regularly either. I feel it was not managed properly and the older employee set the tone for how the residents are treated. The young staff was wonderful and really tried to help. She passed way this weekend from complications from her fall.

Going fine

Things are going fine at Meadow View. The staff is nice and they seem to care. The facility is clean and cozy. So far, we have not had any major issues with the facility or the staff here. Things are going pretty well.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

I enjoy coming to Meadow View because it has so many things to do with my grandmother. Or just set in a park setting with a bird singing in the background. Or if we want we can go to her private room with plenty of room to have visitors. When a large crowd of us show up, we can move into one of the two large living room setting areas with TV, sofa, tables, fireplace ect. and stay as long as want. Thank you Meadow View for making us so comfortable.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

My grandmother stars at Meadow View Village. And I love the attivites they have and I can protisapate all I want. From Bingo, Bowling, Crafts and even pet visitation. One time a small pony visited the Village and everyone could pet the poney. What aowsome day that was. Keep up the good work Meadow View.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

My grate grandmother lives at Meadow View. And she loved to dance to Music with Dave, Music with Harry, Music with Leo Shima, Music with Alica. Grate grandmother is 77 and still know how to shake a leg. What fun it is to watch her enjoy herself. Thanks

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

I have dementia and the staff takes care of me in my bad, angry, sad time with kindness. I feel loved by the people who take care of me.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

My grandma's resident at Meadow View. I love the atmosphere that is created. A small town with post office, malt shop, pet store, hair salon, church, and park all around the shops. It's so fun visiting and watching the staff care for my grandma. Warms my heart knowing she is in great care.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

The staff is always pleasant and helpful, both to family and residents. The staff are always trying new ideas to engage the residents. The staff will meet with family as needed when concerns arise. The facility is always clean and welcoming.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

Wow! First impression was awesome. What a great "community" to live in. Clean. Refreshing. Comfortable. Love the sunlight. A wonderful place that we know when we leave, she is taken care of.

Review of Meadow View Assisted Living & Memory Care- Emmett, ID

I believe this is the best place in town for my mom after our family toured so many other places locally. You have everything she needs here and more. I love the friendly, helpful staff.

A few ways to improve

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility itself is nice enough, but I do think it could use some renovations. I also felt the staff could have been better trained, they did not seem quite up to the level of care some of their residents needed. They really only offer a medium level of care, and they charge a high price for it.