The Cottages at Clear Lake - League City, TX

• Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Respite care available

They have a lot of security features

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. One of the things I really liked about this facility is that the residents would sit around this large table for meals and they would pass the food around the table. The facility also had a lot of security features. All of the rooms have cameras so the staff knows when someone has fallen in the room and all of the residents have a necklace as well to alert the staff. The other thing I liked is that they had a sensor on the door to tell the staff when they’ve left their room for the day. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Review of The Cottages At Clear Lake League City, Tx

Everyone is excellent and helpful with request.

I appreciate care and concern provided by the staff for my mother.

They do an excellent job of caring for my loved one (my wife). It is more than just meeting her needs, it is done with a touch of love. They make it personal.

Wonderful facility. My husband has been here 3 months. The staff is loving, respectful, courteous and very qualified. He seems happy, content and is participating in activities. He has dementia and was very hard to find a place that I was comfortable to leave him. I am so happy we found the Cottages.

The staff and all employees do a very good job taking care of my mom. It is also a clean and tidy place.

Par excellence – for 7 years it has been my mom’s home. Staff has loved her like their own. Their dedication during Harvey and then their hospice care to death – I can find no fault in the cottages. Words cannot express my admiration gratitude and appreciation.
Exemplary end of life care!!

When we mention something it gets taken care of immediately.
Very clean place.
Staff is always friendly and helpful.
Mini snacks or meals all day.
He eats here and has not lost weight.
Activities and lots to do. Consistent schedule.

This is a great place. We love it. Everyone is very caring.

Very good all-around for dealing with special residents. Also great help with family members and extended family to learn to cope with these life changing events.

They seem to take care of pop – and really care. The families are welcomed and invited to join for meals. They follow up on issues that come up.

Home-like environment

This community has a Home-like environment and the staff did a very good job with our tour, they took their time showings us the different areas and they answered all our questions. I really like the setting but we had a set budget for mom and felt the pricing was higher than we wanted to go. It's worth the tour to come and see this community.

nice but not for us.

Very Nice Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. It was a community I would consider for my parents. The community looked very nice, everything was clean from what I saw. They have plenty of activities available. The staff was kind, and informative. The director of this community has been there for fourteen years. It was a good experience overall.

Looking Forward To Improvements

The care is going well for my loved one. He is getting good meals based on his blood sugar level I believe he is eating very good. They have activities available but he is not participating. I noticed there were many staff walking through the place. I was not happy with the care when I found him wet and dirty and when I told them they took care of it right away. The laundry was not done either. There is room for improvement,and I hope it will be better when I visit again.

Bad timing!

When I toured The Cottages at Clear Lake, I went on a Saturday so I had what I call a babysitter tour guide. The person that took me around was not very knowledgeable about the place and couldn't tell me much besides to just show me. The place was also more expensive than what I was looking for.

Care for dad

My father is happy at this community, but there are a few suggestions that we have given to this community. We have asked the community to give more attention to small injuries that might go unattentive by the staff. The staff is excellent during the day
. We found that the staff is not as attentive on the weekends. We have a hard time getting issues address on weekends. Small improvements sometimes get over looked. He is happy, but they need to make improvements. Other families should tour this community to see if this is what they are looking for.

The Cottages was our second choice!!

The staff at this community was excellent. They offer a separate area for Alzheimer and Dementia care. The rooms remind me of a hotel room.

Save yourself the heartache

Save yourself and your loved the pain. Neglect is the one word I would use to describe the level of care that this facility provides. I would go so far as to say that their neglect of the residents leads to more death here than what could ever be proved. Residents stay slumped in their seats for hours upon hours, the ones that can't use the toilet on their own don't get changed regularly. If the resident needs hospice care, the cottages seem to think that their duties cease altogether. Communication between management, nursing, and staff is ridiculous. If you want something attended to, don't leave a message with management, you are better off seeing to it yourself. After hours are the worst, you are hard pressed to find more than two employees on duty; and when you do find them, they are sitting playing on their phones. But what would you really expect from employees that get paid 9.00 an hour? Turnover of employees here is extremely high for that reason. While management takes in on avg. $5,000 - $6,000 per resident a month.. The facility may appear inviting and nice, but if your loved one isn't 100% able to care for themselves, i.e: bathe themselves, feed themselves, walk, use the restroom, etc.. You're asking for trouble. Oh, and if a loved one passes while residing here, don't expect to receive condolences, a card, flowers, or any other regard. Your loved one was merely a source of income.

It's good.

It's good. I am able to address anything that comes up with them directly.

Review of The Cottages at Clear Lake - League City, TX

I really liked this place. The environment is more conducive to promote independence. I like the outdoor area. Sylvia did a great job going through everything and answering questions.

Terrible place for your love one

Terrible place for someone you love or care about, the whole staff in my opinion is inadequate, after the first month of living their my dad's clothes seemed to always be dirty and his bedding was soiled and after bring this to their attention it still took several weeks to have his bedding cleaned, hell I had to go above everyone's head and get the Director of Operations involved to get it completed. If you have a parent or relative that has Alzheimer's you know that on occasions they will have episode that will required them to go out for evaluation, One day my dad was having one of these episodes, THIS PLACE loaded my dad up in an ambulance and had him shipped to the wrong place for evaluation and they turned right around and shipped him back to the cottages, they even question the Cottages ability to care for patients, you talked about putting an Alzheimer patient in a tail spin. This was when I knew the nursing staff was inadequate and after 6 months had my dad removed and relocated to another facility.

Mandy Quinn

I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. If you can email me your name I will make sure someone is in contact with you. We always strive to provide the best possible care for your loves ones.

Very High Functioning!

Everyone here has dementia or some kind of memory loss. It's challenging but this place is very high functioning. The only complaint I have is that I have to bring my husband ear drops and various supplies several times. It would be nice if they had some type of system that tips you for gas. Other than that, This is a great place! I would highly recommend The Cottages at Clear Lake. I have had a great experience.

I would give this place a five stars. My loved one is very happy and loves it here. The food is good. The staff is absolutely wonderful and caring. The give each resident time and show that they care for them.

Five Star

They are doing a real good job.

They are doing a real good job. I looked at a lot of places, and spoke with a lot of people. They made me feel that they actually cared. He is happier there, than he has been even living with family. They asked us all about him and his life, and use those things to help redirect him when needed. They are on the high end but you get what you pay for.

They have been absolutely wonderful.

I have no concerns with them at all. We haven't gotten to spend a whole lot of time there, because we have been in and out with medical issues. However they have been absolutely wonderful with us. They have been really caring, they have called in and checked on her, just to see how she is doing, and have been following her progress. They have been great.

Review of The Cottages at Clear Lake I Alzheimer's / Memory Care in League City, TX

Best property so far. Adequate staffing. All inclusive services

Total relief for our family

We have had several family members reside at the Cottages and were very pleased each and every time. In 2006 we placed my father-in law in the Cottages care and instantly felt like one of the family. The access and communication is great. [removed] seemed relieved to be there and enjoyed his time. The activities were great and there are many events that include family as well. last year we placed my sister's father-in-law there and he is doing fine. The staff is well equipped and the turnover seems low. I would recommend them highly anytime.

Very informative, great fit

We moved our loved one here after he was living in another community, and this has been a much better fit. The staff is very informative and they always keep us posted on what is going on. They took care of his medical needs early on and found him a doctor, who also communicates with us a lot. The staff seems to really understand what they are dealing with. They are prompt, and they take care of anything we mention. Everyone is very professional. Great community!

Fantastic place!

We're so happy with the care they provide here! It's a beautiful facility, everything is clean, it's very spacious, and its just comfortable feeling in general. The decor is very nice as well, they've got marble counter tops, and lots of solid high quality furniture. It really feels like home. And the staff are just great. They are so patient and loving with all of the residents, and they really went out of their way to help my loved one get settled in and adjust to this new setting.

Communication could improve, but seems like a great place

It's nice and clean and bright, she's in the new building so of course it is very clean and everything's ncie there. The older building was nice though too, what we saw of it, they have had trouble with people getting out, it's a locked facility, but you have to constantly ring the doorbell and wait for somebody to answer it or wait to be let out. For my step daughter, sometimes she says it's frustrating trying to find somebody to let you out. Every place that I've ever been it's a little easier to get in and out than that one, but they are in total lockdown. You can't fault them for that because it is keeping someone in and you can't fault them for that. They decided to use the doctors at the cottages and they called a psychiatrist in, the doctors come and go. She has some aggression issues and when they try to stop her we think she amy have turned around and gotten mad. When my step kids call me and ask them what the scenario was they're not getting a clear picture of the whole scenario. They may be trying to be nice but they need to be a little bit more specific about what's going on.

The Cottages are state-of-the-art residences for people living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Each resident is cared for based on their own physical, mental and emotional needs in a warm, caring environment that makes it home for them. Under the supervisions of our 24-hour staff, we provide personal care assistance medicine supervisions, meals, snacks and specialized activities. Within our small community, we develop personal relationships with our residents. The unique floor plan and luxury finish out provides consistency and a home-like environment. Well-balanced meals are served family-style in each cottage. Our activity program is designed for memory impairment, and we offer personalized care for all stages of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, stroke and other dementias.

Our home-like environment is what makes us special. Our residence is designed with four individual town homes for 8 - 12 residents. Meals are provided in a smaller setting, along with individual family rooms and dining rooms for each town home. This individualized approach provides comfort and security for the resident.
Our caregivers are specially trained to provide for those with memory impairments. With our small, home-like community, we develop personal relationships with our residents.