Orchard Park at Victory Lakes - League City, TX

Loved the stages of care in memory care.

We visited this facility and had lunch there. The lunch was excellent and both the chef and maintenance manager stopped by to introduce themselves. We sat with a newer resident who was very informative. The staff was knowledgeable and respectful of the residents. They appear to have many activities and good participation. We plan to visit again and are seriously considering this facility for our mom. We took my mother back to attend the exercise class. There were about six residents in attendance along with disabled students from a nearby school. The leader and participants were very welcoming to my mother and she enjoyed the class. There was a walk around the building after that, which my mother enjoyed. A volunteer stopped us in the hall to tell us how much she loved volunteering in the memory care side of the facility.

While it's impossible to know for sure until our loved one has spent time there, we were impressed with everything we saw and heard at Orchard Park. [Removed] was very thorough and knowledgeable and all the people we came in contact with seemed to be caring people.

I like the changes in my mom

This is a very nice community and my mom has started to settle in very nicely, she likes her room, they put new carpet in and painted for her and she even likes going to the dining room with the other residents but she's not too keen on the food. There is a nice courtyard, the grounds are well kept up and mom has started to take part in the activities. The staff here are all very friendly and they care about their residents here. It's nice seeing my mom so comfortable here.

The Care For Dad

My dad is doing fine at Orchard Park at Victory Lakes.

This one is definitely a possibility; their pricing is not excessive and they seem to have a good memory care facility. The only downside is that my Dad will have to drive about a half hour each way to be with her, which may be too much for him on a daily basis.

This was our first pick... they are for all the residents, always something to , places to go if they want.

Terrible Experience

We are not having the best experience here in this community. My mother has been to the hospital four times due to her blood pressure being to high. I do have concerns regarding the high turn over rate. They seem to be under staffed often. There needs to be more onsite activities available. At this moment I would not recommend this community.

Multiple Issues

We did have to move my mother out of this community, because it was not working out well. The room she had was too small, and the lack of response when she needed some help was a problem. It was not the right fit for her, and her needs unfortunately.

Our family feels The Orchard was the best choice for our familymember

The Orchard is a really nice place. We choose it after touring seven other facilities as the best fit for our family member with dementia. It is well maintained and very clean with no bad odors. The staff is very friendly and helpful to both residents and visitors. The rates are good for our area. The care services are excellent. Within the first month the staff knew the likes and dislikes of our loved one. The activities are chosen for the cognitive abilities of the residents and the residents seem to respond well to the staff and the activities. We are very happy with The Orchard after a full two months of residency.

Care for mom and dad

We like the care at this community. The staff are caring and attentive. The community is clean and enjoyed. The menu is good, but maybe some small improtments with the salt. They do have alot of nice activities, but my parents are not activite at this time. We would recommend the nice care and value for families for care for a loved one.

Its close to her family!

My mother is doing very well since her move to Orchard Park. When she is not in pain, she has a good time interacting with the staff and residents, she loves her apartment as well. It is close by to my home and my daughters, so that makes it very convenient. It has been a good experience.

I love the place!

When my husband first moved in, he was having a hard time adjusting but the staff helped him and made him feel at home. Everyone there is very sweet, I go very often so I've gotten to know some of the residents as well. I haven't had a chance to try many meals, but I feel so far they've been pretty good. If there is ever an issue, they are quick to fix it. I am very happy with the care my husband is receiving.

A variety of activities!

My mother is adjusting fairly well since her move to the community. The staff is accommodating and the place is kept clean. My mother takes classes every day such as painting and joins activities. They have an area dedicated to memory care and that was the selling point for us.

We took a tour of this community and we did not find a lot of activities. There were not other residents that were active. The staff was nice and we did find the community to be very clean. We were looking for something more at the time for care for mom.

Orchard Pard didn't work for us

We moved. Well actually they asked us to move. I kept asking for them to keep their promises for my memory care wife. They didn't have enough staff and the food, except breakfast, is less than mediocre. We actually went months with dirty dining ware. Itis fixed now. I am afraid that they prefer more profit to the care they promise. They didn't deliver for us. I never asked for more than the promised.

I started visiting other facilities for memory care.[Removed]. What a great choice this has been. Things Orchard Pard said my wife would never do, she now does as routine. They have more staff and experience than Orchard Park. It pays off and it doesn't cost more.

A nice home with care

.We took a tour of this community. It was wonderful. The staff is nice and this seems to be a new community. The other residents seem happy here. They did have activities for those who were willing to participate. We recommend this overall care and value to other families.

A great home

This community is great in every area. Staff members are ver caring and helpful. The food is great and a nice variety. They have alot of great activities. A clean environment for residents. I would recommend this to other families for good care.

Comfortable Living !!

My loved one has felt right at home in her new living environment. All of the staff and the residents have made her feel welcomed and comfortable in her community. The meals is the only complaint my mother has, they do not have much taste to them and could use improvement.

Excellent Community

We are very happy with the great care here. The staff is very nice and helpful. The community is beautiful and well taken care of. The food is good and a nice variety. Alot of activities are available. We would highly recommend this community for the great care and value for others.

All the glitter, but no gold

We presently live here. Be advised there are better places. The care staff is great, but management is not honest. They toot their Montesorri prograam for alzheimer's, but it is mostly TV. They are required by law to provide three activities a day. They consider giving a cookie to a resident an activity. I spend a lot of time in there with my wife. They have admitted to not providing the services required by law and contracted for. But their philosophy is that is our fault. I complained about the food and they told me it was my fault because I have a refined palate. They have offered to pay for my move. So far, they haven't offered enough. Before coming here, give it a good look. Ask about turnover. Have an attorney check the papers they want you to sign. Resist signing their DRA. This is a dispute resolution agreement that works in their favor. You will be grateful for that advice. Then check out the better places.This jplace is on the third director in three years and their 6th dining manager. Food is youth camp or school cafeteria quality. Lots of show for your dough, but go slow.

Honest Feedback

We found there wasn't enough support. I went evenings to help my mom prepare for bed because there just wasn't enough help to spread around.

The food was not restaurant quality as we were told as we signed up. They went through 4 head cooks in the year we were there. I would compare the food to just ok school cafeteria.

Friendly employees everwhere. Director, Office staff, and Activity Director were highly caring and respected by all. Seems staff continued to change a lot. So many directors to follow in last years. Not sure what's happening with management.

Clean!! Good maintenence staff

I continue to visit friends at the Orchard. A lot of really nice residence live there.

A clean community!

The girl that took us on a tour of this community was nice and knowledgable. We did not choose this location as it was to far away. It was a nice community and we may have chosen it if it was closer.

You won't regret it

Love this place, mom loves it, everyone very helpful and friendly. They really are very good to the residents and the staff is top notch from top to bottom, no matter what the issue they are there to help.

Overall this community is pretty good!!!

We have had some issues with my mom since she moved into Orchard Park. She has a very restricted diet and we have been having an issue with them sticking to her diet. She has been to the emergency room twice since moving in. The staff are working to resolve this issue. I would recommend this community however I would suggest that if your love done has an issue like this that you need to keep a watch on it.

Wife's Mom

Placed my wife's mom in temporarily while we were out of town. When we returned she agreed to stay. She lived with us for about 2 years but had fallen several times in just a few weeks. So far, so good. Meals are good and everyone is professional and caring. I believe this was a wise decision. She will celebrate 99 years young in July.

I am Teaching A Art Class Here

I am very happy and everything is going very well for me. They are wonderful here and very accommodating when you need it. The facility is clean and neat my rooms looks great. The staff is amazing and very kind and sweet to me. I've some good friends with the lady's here. I am going be teaching a beading and art class to the residents. I am very happy and pleased with everything they have done for me.

Not all they promise.

Facilities are attractive, but attitude is mediocre. It is part of a large corporate structure and, perhaps, that affects the style and culture. The have an attractive "sales pitch," but have difficulty living up to their promises. The staff, for the most part is compassionate, but not always competent. The food is edible, but not always tasty and does not measure up to some of the better facilities of the area. It appears the staff is overworked.

Review of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes - League City, TX

This place seemed to be your typical Memory care. I didnt like pricing structure. Patients were not engaged during the tour.

Great Care, Great Facility!

My Mom & Dad moved in around Feb 10, 2016. Unfortunately, my Mom was in the last stages of cancer, and was only able to enjoy Orchard Park for about 2 weeks. She had no complaints, and nothing but great things to say about the facility and all who work there. My Dad has Alzheimer's and now lives in the memory care section. Although he gets confused about things, he has mentioned numerous times that he's happy with all the great care and feels very safe there. We have all been very pleased with the care provided to my parents.

Friendly staff

This is for the memory care section. They have this great schedule but when I pop in their not doing them. They have them watching TV, which is not an activity. It seems like their bored there. I think their understaffed and the staff is very friendly.

Very Impressed

I recently took a tour of this facility and was very impressed. It has an upscale appeal and was very clean. The residents appeared to be well taken care of and were happy. Many of the senior clients came up to us during our tour and were quite friendly. I would definitely recommend this community to family, friends and clients.

main issue is the housekeeping

I am having trouble with the housekeeping getting done at Orchard Park Victory Lakes. They are ruining all of her clothes by just putting everything on a really hot setting. Also we had to work with my mother-in-law on putting her clothes in a hamper to be cleaned. Otherwise she would hid her clothing. Well, we told the staff about this but they took the whole hamper instead of just her clothes out. So now we are having the issue again of her hiding her clothes and they are not being washed. The staff seem very willing to work with me though. There are also odors in this facility. They aren't emptying the garbage as they should. She does seem to be content there. I thought there would be a lot more activities than there are. I told the staff when we moved her in that she would make excuses as far as not participating and they acted like they would work with her, I am just not sure that is getting done. My main issue is the housekeeping. But again they seem to be willing to work with me on any issues I have had.

Unhappy Customer

Do not put your loved one here - they are not staffed to be an assisted living facility.

overall has been very good

Orchard Park Vicotry Lake overall has been very good. We are pleased with them. The only problem we have had is getting moms caption phone set up. I know the staff is working on getting this done though. Very pleased with the help we have received. Overall it's been a good experience here at this facility.

very helpful

They were very helpful when we moved in. The maintenance man was very quick to assist with anything we needed, such as help with curtain rods and getting the television installed. The apartment is clean and it is a very nice quaint quiet place. As soon as you walk in you immediately feel comfortable.

Needs more staff.

I haven't been entirely happy with Orchard Park. Their staffing wasn't up to level when we first got there. They have since, added a few more staff, so they are working on it, but I still don't think it's enough. It's all hands on deck at meal times, and sometimes they even need to borrow from the front office, and there aren't enough people to watch the doors. I don't think my loved one gets checked on often enough. It's clean and looks nice, and they do offer activities, though it's not a very active community.

Great place

They are very clean, very sweet,kind and helpful...There are many things to keep your loved one busy. The best place I have seen and I looked at 15 properties..Love Love Love the staff...

Very nice place, overall!

I think they do a great job overall at Orchard Park. Everything has gone very well so far, I'd give them top marks across the board. The staff have all been very friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I do feel they could have been a bit more in-depth with the assessment process. They assessed our loved one on a particularly good day, so I think they slightly underestimated his care needs.

Very nice facility. The staff was very helpful and friendly. New facility so they currently have room for my mother-in-law. Rooms were very nice and well organized. The dining area was extremely clean and very well laid out. Not such a huge place, so we feel she would learn her away around easily. Took her back to tour and she liked it. Looking good here.

Nice place, overall

Unfortunately our loved one's stay here was only a short one, but overall I think they do a good job at Orchard Park. The facility itself is absolutely gorgeous, clean, and well maintained. The memory care residents all seem very well cared for, and their rooms are always clean and tidy. They also did a good job with the food, from what I tried. However, I would say that they do seem a bit understaffed, and for this reason I'd say that the facility may work a bit better for those who are more functional physically.

Brand new, convenient location, no problems with care, lots of activities

Since it's brand new, it's very, very clean

They're all about the same price, so it's hard to compare them on value.

It's convenient to me because it's on the way home from work.

I haven't encountered any problems with his care.

Once a week they go to some local area store for shopping. They have bingo, dancing, and kiss bingo (with hershey kisses), exercise class, a salon, and medical staff, during the day.

Review of Orchard Park Victory Lakes Alzheimer's / Memory Care in League City, TX

Nice property. Not nearly enough staff on duty during visit.

Toured property, it is new since March 2014. The services they offer are all included. The one bedroom is very small, 445 sf, the bath is large, but bedroom and living room very small. Staff is friendly, but the space wont work for us.

So far I am pleased with the facility and the staff.

Orchard Park Memory Care fits my mothers needs for dementia. She has been there for about a week. So far I am pleased with the facility and the staff. My problem is my mother who is very negative, depressed, and stubborn .She is very difficult with the staff in spite of their attempts to help her adapt to the help they want to give her. Her personality and dementia are contributing to the adjustment.

Blessed

We have loved this place for our Mom. She chooses her activities and gets a choice for meals. Staff are friendly to us and our Mom. Her room is cleaned weekly and laundry is done. Medication is given properly and on time. It's new and beautiful inside. We are blessed to have my Mom here.

Would not recommend, numerous issues

I selected this facility for my loved one because from all outward appearances it was very upscale and high quality. However in terms of the care my loved one has been receiving it has been a big disappointment. The staff seem very disorganized. I have been paying for my loved one to get assistance using the restroom, which hasn't been happening. They let her go for days without being bathed, or changing her soiled sheets, despite the fact that people have been signing off on the chart that says her room has been cleaned.
The biggest issue we've had is that we stressed it was extremely important that she continue the physical therapy that she had been receiving at the facility we moved her from. I let them know I would pay for it myself until her insurance was set up here. She still has not started receiving the physical therapy.
We've had issues with her being given improper medication that we already sent the replacement for, and with paperwork from her doctors being stuck in her file and ignored without ever being read.
The food started out very good, but then they lost their chef and since then it has been very plain. They also no longer provide different options for residents on low sodium diets.
It seems like every time I visit there has been some problem, sometimes something minor, sometimes something major, and it really doesn't inspire confidence or give me peace of mind knowing that my loved one is here.