The Cottage of Spring Branch - Houston, TX

Horrible assisted Living

I had a loved one there for only 2 weeks and moved her. The facility wad overpriced and had bad mattresses. They had my loved one on a bug infested mattress. The manager said she was unaware how long it had been since they bought new ones. The bed alarm don't work and unfortunately, she had a fall before I moved her. This place is not recommended.

Feels Like You Are Being Cared For By Family

Since moving to The Cottage, my loved one has done a total reverse. She participates in the activities they have there, she cleans her plate at meal times, and she seems very happy. The staff are 100 percent helpful, and the community is always clean. I always see a maintenance man or someone doing touchups or other work to keep the community looking clean. I love the personal care here and the quaintness of the building. It feels like you are being care for by family.

Not active enough for our loved one

The Cottage of Spring Branch was a nice community. They were friendly while showing us their facility. It looked well-kept and clean. Everyone there seemed older than my loved one. I mostly saw the residents sitting in chairs. The activity level would not be the right fit for my loved one.

Care for sister

My sister would of like this community. The staff was nice and they had a nice out door area she would have enjoyed. The staff offers healthy meals and a nice variety. Activities would have been offered. We would recommend this community for other families.

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where all very friendly and made sure to answer any questions my loved one and I had for them in detail.The property was nicely maintained and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall great experience just not the right place for my mom

Tender Loving Care!!

The nurse [Removed] from this community is wonderful , my father has been in and out of the hospital and she always comes to visit him which is awesome. The community itself is good, they're set up is wonderful. My favorite thing about the community has to be the personal care the staff provides. They have a lot of help so they are able to meet all of my father's needs. I would defiantly recommend this community to anyone looking.

A nice place

We did a tour of this community. The manager was nice and caring and answered the questions we had. The activities did not seem to help others stay more active. We wanted more conversation for my brother to be able to speak with others that might have been able to communicate with him on the same level. I would recommend the over all care here for other families.

I would recommend The Cottage for respite care!!

They offer exercise classes, dancing and a variety of other activities. My mom loves to stay here for respite care. They offer good healthy tasty food. The staff are very good. The community is clean.

Smaller, memory-care-only facility with a very "homey" feel. My guide greeted each resident by name and seemed personally involved with them. Shared apartments only, to support social interaction. Beautiful enclosed garden.

The place is nasty with roaches in residents rooms, clothers breathing machines, common areas and kitchen. They don't have enough diapers and wipes to supply the night. Pluming in pipes you can is continuous running, not enough staff for residents whom cant seem to stay seated in wheel chairs, trying to escape on the other side of common area, residents fight with each other and only one staff on the floor cant watch both areas at the same time. I have not seen any lift equipment that the staff are to uses to lift the hevy men and women off the floor and they pay only $8.00 an hour for the workers. So sad that the workers fet pay so little and they charge do much for the care but doesn't receive 100% care, safety and health.

Gena

All staff are great! Its sad after talking to some of the workers, they only pay these people 8.00 hr, and charging the resident 5,000 a month....and my dealings with management was terrible....Katy the property manager is fake and will sell you a smile, she's a great liar... As i help my mother eat i notice how the residents do not eat there food, and no one would help them eat.....sending your love ones here would be the worst....look some place else!

Review of The Cottage of Spring Branch Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Houston, TX

Might Work. Negative: No private rooms.

It's clean, but they could use a little brightening up.

It's clean, but they could use a little brightening up. It's a little dim and dark. I am still waiting to hear back from the nurse, normally she is pretty quick to get back, but lately I have had some trouble. They don't seem to keep up on hearing aide batteries. They seem to have quite a few activities, I think it would be helpful to have some one on one activities available. She doesn't seem to socialize. I would like to see a better beautician in there what she does just doesn't last. They don't have a place to lift their legs up and relax. They offered more care than some of the other places I looked at. I chose it because I really liked the nurse and the director. They do try to solve things right away.

Just Like Living at Home

It has completely exceeded my expectations. In terms of activities, they do a lot of art. They also have an exercise program, and my dad gets physical therapy. The people are just wonderful and they spoil him. They are so very attentive and they will bend any rules for him. The food is very good. Recently, he has been really sick. They let him sleep in and fix him a hot fresh meal when he gets up even after breakfast is over. It's just like living in someone's house.

too expensive, $5000 regard...

too expensive, $5000 regardless of room, very active/interaction between personnel and residents, have day-time and/or weekend only for a daily rate.

No different then the rest

The Cottages is a small community with a small amount of residents. The staff is accommodating when we show up to the community. You can tell the staff is trying but doesn't seem like they get paid enough just like the rest of these types of communities. Do not think there is any really good community no matter how much you pay.

Highly functional place with the need...

Highly functional place with the needs and security of the resident a priority. Clean, large semi-private rooms, showers, & bathrooms; lovely grounds. Only 30+ residents; Resident to caregiver ratio: 8 to 1, so Mom would get the personal attention she needs.

The Cottage of Spring Branch offers a secured and supportive residential environment designed specifically for persons with Alzheimers and related type dementia.

One of the cutting edge tools that we use to help provide the best possible care to our residents is the Vigil Dementia System. We are also equipped with the Waunderguard system as an added safety measure for our residents.

The Vigil Dementia System is a silent monitoring system that works through a series of motion sensors located within the residents room that will alert staff when there is an unexpected situation. Staff may then check on the resident immediately if needed. We offer long term stay,and aging in place.

Respite Care Program ~ We also offer a day and overnight ( limited space available ) respite program to benefit individuals who are providing care to a friend or family member and need time to tend to personal or family matters,there is no minimum or maximum stay requirement. Our respite program does include holidays and weekends.