Brookdale The Heights - Houston, TX

Toured facility after Harvey and it suffered flood damage and roof damage. Besides that the facility is not cared for which leads me to wonder about how they care for their residents. I was sadly disappointed.

In general, I am very pleased with my loved one's stay at Brookdale The Heights. I do think that the office personnel could use improvement on their customer service skills and their follow up with families, but otherwise, the staff is helpful, the food always looks very good and very nutritional, the community is kept very clean, they offer a good amount of activities for the residents, and I love that the community is close to my home.

MY sister's tour for care

When we toured this community for my sister we found the staff to be caring for our needs. The community was clean and the environment was nice.We liked the list of the good meals on the menu They offer activities for the residents who are able to participate. We would recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one.

A nice place

The staff at this community have done everything they could to make sure my loved one is happy and has the care they need. The food is good and the community is well taken care of. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Took a tour yesterday. The staff were nice. Saw residents playing games. Seems they would be very accomating . But the micro & mini refrig. are on shelves; there is no counter space nor a sink/water in the area.

Brookdale The Heights poor overall

My parent pays an exorbitant amount of money to live here. A few outstanding staff members, but a few that mgmt should have passed in. Competent management is not reflected in some employees. Also, should only hire direct caregivers who speak English as first language. It is ridiculous to expect elderly folks who may have their own communication issues to have to struggle to understand staff who can barely speak English.

Food service is unacceptable for the cost-- my loved one has just stopped complaining, as they learned right away that it did zero good. I wouldn't feed this quality of food to anyone, esp. someone with documented dietary restrictions. Why can't a facility in the business of providing residential accommodations for fragile elderly get their feeding operation right, for the high cost paid by residents? This is just one of the aspects of this racket that should be better & more strictly regulated, for the wellbeing & health of clients, who this facility claims in all their forms of marketing propaganda to care so much about.

My loved one pays roughly half the equivalent of one night in a hospital, for one day of care, yet receives about 1/10 the level of attention & true, medically-competent care that they should.

No real doctor on site. Caregiver staff largely unaware medically. Nurse practitioner unresponsive. Families are urged to pay close attention & have plan in place in case of need for serious medical attention, because it is not available here.

Roaches observed in room & common areas. Understaffed, so staff from other locations brought in who don't give a flip about the residents, & it shows.
Housekeeping - doesn't seem to be done. Bathroom sink & floors always dirty.
This place is certainly better than some others in Houston, but for the money, more on the side of near-poor than "excellent".
Consumers MUST check & believe the negative reviews & use common sense when interpreting them. People give reviews because they feel something should be brought to the company's attention. This company doesn't care about dissatisfied (temporary) customers.
This whole business is a money-grabbing joke. The return in quality for (life-long, hard-earned) dollars spent is below poor.
Whoever's getting rich at the helm of this company should be ashamed.

*Many reviews of this location found online are clearly bogus, as they contain some exactly identical phrases among different reviews, that can't possibly be written by different objective parties.

Not the right fit...

My tour of Brookdale The Heights was a good experience. The staff was nice and the person who gave us the tour even came out and did an assessment on my mother. They were just more expensive.

The staff is nice and open to suggestions

My husband had a pretty good respite stay at this community. The only issue we had was that they thought they could help with his medication, however they were not always able to get him his medication when he was supposed to have it. The community seemed clean they supplied sheets and towels. There were no options when it came to the food so it was not always good. They offer activities and he did enjoy participating in some of them.

Good Experience

My mother had a pretty good experience during her stay here at this community. She is no longer living here because she improved so much, she was able to go home. She had some minor complaints, but overall I know she was in good hands. She was very pleased with the meals. Overall it is a community I would recommend.

Good Respite Stay Experience

My uncle had a good respite stay experience here at this community. I was comfortable with his stay here, everything went very well. The staff was great, they were very attentive, and concerned. They encouraged him to get involved in some of the activities they have available. The meals were nice, and well balanced. I would use this community for their respite stay service again. I was satisfied with all they did for us, and I would recommend this community.

Nice Place!!

We toured the Brookdale The Heights and decided not to go with this community. Not because there is anything wrong with the place, it all came down to distance. It was not in the best location for us. The place itself was very nice. The people there were all very nice and friendly.

Good Care

A nice community with good care. The staff is attentive. Activities are offered. I would recommend this for good care.

Helpful staff!

Mom is doing fine since the move to Brookdale The Heights. The staff have been very friendly and helpful. Karen the LPN has been very proactive with the care of mom. She is very nurturing and caring. I am satisfied with the care that they are providing so far. They offer a variety of good meal choices and have done well in helping adjust mom to the appropriate diet. The staff are proactive and address any issues that may arise.

A Nice Community For My Mother

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this community. There are some area's that needs improvements. For the most part the community is well maintained. There are some staff that are better than others. My mother is still pretty independent, so doesn't require to much care. Overall I know she in good hands and I would recommend this community.

The staff are encouraging!!

The two people we spoke with before my mom moved in were really great. They made the move as easy as possible. They are good at keeping me updated on my mom's care. The community is kept clean. The food is good most of the time. I would recommend this community for people that are independent. The staff are good at encouraging her to socialize and participate in activities.

No Complaints From Dad

This community is up kept, I didn't see any problems. The staff are welcoming and caring, no complaints too. My dad did not have any complaints about is meals so I am assuming it is good too. There are activities available and Dad did like to play domino when it was available. I would recommend this community to others.

Great assisted living in the Heights

The staff at Brookdale are so friendly and helpful. The location is great too, being located in the Heights near 290 and 610. The studio apartment are a good size and my mother says she is very happy there - which is the most important endorsement of all! :-) Her only complaint is that she doesn't like the food, but I think it is just because they have too many healthy options. :-(

lack of leadership

They do not have an executive director. There is nobody at the helm, and they are overstaffed and under-worked. Everyone there has been very friendly and helpful., but when she pulls the cord in her room she is waiting half an hour for a response. She has to wait half an hour for her food as well when going down to eat. She is just not being adequately cared for. The people there are all trying given the constraints they are under. The regional nurse, the interim director, and others are aware of their challenges and are working on the problems, but it may take a while for them to be worked out and in the meantime I need to find a better solution, so I will be checking out another Brookdale closer to where I live.

Nice place overall, a few big issues

We have had somewhat of a mixed experience with Brookdale so far. The facility itself is top notch, it is clean and well kept, and they have good food! The staff has been exceedingly friendly and patient despite the difficulties we've had. The problem is my loved one was brought in at a lower care level than she probably should have had (which isn't entirely their fault, she hides some of her memory problems well), and the people currently assigned to help her just aren't quite up to the task. They are trying their best but it has been a struggle for everyone so far. I've also had difficulties with their billing department. I was quoted one price, but the invoice they sent was much higher. They told me that they knew it was incorrect and they'd send a corrected invoice, which I have not seen yet. This has left me in a difficult position with the insurance company, and I definitely think this could have been handled more smoothly. I'm hopeful things will improve once we get my loved one into memory care, and my billing issues are straightened out!

Clean and friendly place for piece of mind...

My parents have been at Brookdale The Heights for one week. The facility is clean and updated. The staff have been very friendly; however, it is important to make an effort to engage them. The value is similar to other facilities I inquired about and I cannot really comment on the Care Services or Activities at this time.

I love interacting with the residents. They all have a story to share and many need personal interaction. I have met most of the residents in my parent's building and they are all adorable.

I am planning to take a very active interest in The Heights.

Basic senior living

The building construction is shoddy. The floors creak and the walls are very thin.
The staff is friendly. The nursing staff is capable and easy to talk to. Marcus in maintenance is very responsive.
The activities are getting better but still limited.
The food is average at best.
Bob who drives the van is delightful and helpful.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. Their coordination on certain things could be a little better, as far as coordinating with outside services, and what they do and what the services need to do. The food isn't bad, the quality is good, and it's nutritious. There are some things she prefers over others but I would give the food a 4 out of 5, you can always improve on some things. I did like that once they found out that she has a preference in the for things to be a certain way, she doesn't have to ask, they just started doing it. It was a toss up between this and another Brookdale, and we chose this because we liked the location, it made it easier for people to visit.

It wasn't bad, but there were a lot of little things.

We were here for a while, it wasn't bad, but there were a lot of little things. I would come in and the beds wouldn't be made, and it just wasn't great. We were at a different Brookdale, and it was a better experience there.

only take for a minimum of ...

only take for a minimum of 30 days for respite

Sarah is not employed there...

Sarah is not employed there. Helena : $3600 private studio , $1K/mth discount for 18 mths. Too expensive

Has a promo right now, for ...

Has a promo right now, for 30 more days, but didn't get exact end date. Promo is $1,000 per month off for 18 months. An assisted living studio with highest level of care (what dad needs) is 5,600/month, so with promo is 4,600/month for 18 months. Would have to add cost of disposable products to that, as with all other places. Can get a combo room, which is 2 studios put together, which would be (I think--notes are not very good) 7,460/month plus 1,120/month for second person. Contact person Helena suggested getting the combo room and Martha could move in later if wanted. At least for visiting, she would have more space.

Nice looking place, felt a bit empty

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We were impressed by what we saw here, and were considering this as our 2nd choice if the community we selected did not work out. The only problem we saw here was that the community felt much emptier and less social than some others that we saw.

Everything is going great.

Everything is going great. I will say the sales process is a little deceiving. They are making us jump through hoops so she can give herself medicine. The people that work there are great, the food is good. If you can self medicate it might not be the place for you. They won't let you use the weekly pill boxes, you have to be able to read what it's for and what it does and when it expires so you have to have really good eyes. There is no doctor in house, so there isn't much for nursing care. If they don't give her medicine they won't take her blood pressure. Some of the people that work there are so fabulous. The cook in the kitchen did a fabulous job with her birthday party. Those people there are fabulous! There are some other issues but the people are fabulous.

Everyone is friendly

The Hampton at Pinegate was mostly chosen for its location. I was comfortable with this place, the overall look of it, it is not a high-rise. The one room and the suite size rooms are comparable to others I have seen, if not bigger. Everyone here is accommodating and very nice. I think that from what I've been told the nutritionist may need to tinker with the cooks' menus. They regularly offer high sodium entrees or side dishes, like pepperoni pizza or potato chips. Most seniors are sensitive to sodium and I hope they add lower sodium options to their menu.

Great location, safe, clean...

Great location, safe, clean, inviting, lots of activities! Had a really great energy about it. I enjoyed my visit there. Residents seemed happy, involved and at home. Offers physical therapy as well as all other services I need for T. Have option to move T to attached memory care unit should need arise.

Very nice, quality care and the abili...

Very nice, quality care and the ability to age in place.

This facility was very clean and prov...

This facility was very clean and provided all the essentials. The living quarters didn't have much space, although you could expand for a price.

The Hampton at Pinegate provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At The Hampton at Pinegate we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. The Hampton at Pinegate provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.