The Commons - Grand Junction, CO

The Commons

My mother has been living at The Commons for about a month now, and so far, it has been positive experience. The facility itself is clean, the rooms are very nice, the staff is helpful and friendly, the food is good, nutritious and complete, and there are many activities there for the residents such as Bingo, movies, speakers, and exercise. They have a hairdresser as well that is always very busy. The commons has been excellent, and I would definitely recommend the community to others.

Loved this community! My first choice at the moment.

Look beyond the spit and polish

In looking for a place for my Aunt, Hilltop came to mind. In seeing their commercials and bus it excited her and made it easy to convince her to make the move.
The facility is clean and well kept, much of the floor staff is very caring and helpful. She seemed very happy with the activities and made many friends.
The Sr. staff and corporate VP of Adult services were beyond ridiculous to deal with when questions came up about some of her and her Drs. concerns.
The false allegations and unnecessary harassment to our Aunt and our family that came to her defense was beyond words. After an uphill challenge to find resolve and peace fo our family member we elicited the assistance of senior legal services. Even then they would not budge from the rude ridiculous outlandish allegations and lies.
We decided that it was no longer worth the trouble and moved her to another facility. She misses many of the staff and the friends that she made but is so much happier living her life in peace.

Look beyond the nice amenities

Yes it is a beautiful facility. Yes there are many caring and helpful staff members. The food is much better when compared to other assisted living facilities. They do have many activities per day.
The reason we gave such a low review is because of the way the management handled what would seem easy to resolve questions and concerns that my parents had.
We quickly learned that they are not open to questions about there actions or lack of them. Nor the follow up that we worked to resolve.
We quickly learned that from the top Adult services VP down is that no matter the truth they fought against it and made it very difficult and uncomfortable not only for us to try and reason with them but also our parents. We ultimately had to involve outside legal services.
Our parents are much happier with less amenities but knowing that they will not be thrown under the rug for rediculois allogations.

They were somewhat good with communications!!!

My aunt was only at this community for 5 days as she needed a little more care than they were able to provide. The staff were nice and answered our questions. The food was good, however the service was bad. They did keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Not what we expected

Staff is unaware how to deal with patients having dementia, charge you for things that say they are doing for your loved one and it's not happening. Yes she loves it there has tons of friends , but the care is not satisfactory for what we pay. It would be great if everything on there website was true!!

The Commons, a great place to live.

My parents are enjoying meeting new people, and they like their new home.

take good care of mom

They seem to take care of mom pretty well at The Commons. If she ever has a problem all she has to do is push a button and someone is right there. It's been a very good experience and I would highly recommend The Commons.

Review of The Commons Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Grand Junction, CO

We have decided to take a room for Mon there.

The Commons:I'm very impressed wi...

The Commons:

I'm very impressed with The Commons. The staff there is great, and they provide excellent care. The building is amazing. They offer lots of activities, and the food is really good. I would definitely recommend The Commons to other families.

DONT BE FOOLED

MY FAMILY IS IN THE COMMONS OVER TWO YEARS AND THE AIDES ARE HARDLY SKILLED AS THEY WONT APPLY EVEN A BAND AIDE IN AN EMERGENCY! THIS IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE FOR THE LIMITED CARE AND LIMITED ATTENTION THE RESIDENTS RECEIVE. THE HOUSE KEEPING IS TERRIBLE; ROACHES AND FECAL MATTER IN MAIN WALK WAYS ; THE HOUSEKEEPING IS NOT 24/7 ITS ONLY TWO DAYS A WEEK,

Like A Nursing Home

I looked at The Commons but it is too nursing home-ish. My mother is going in that directions but she doesn't think she is which is our biggest problem right now. It was on a weekend when I went so there was nobody to talk to. The problem is my mom is only 75. She looks very young and seeing all the white hair and walkers has just got her blown away. I think I need a place with a younger, more active feel.

Did not like the atmosphere as much a...

Did not like the atmosphere as much as The Fountains

The Commons of Hilltop is a vibrant assisted and independent living community where seniors embrace life to the fullest. Here you will find gracious living and personalized care - Where neighbors become friends and everyone knows your name.

Our dedicated staff ensure each resident receives the individual, quality care they need. We work with each resident to determine an individualized care plan designed to maintain optimal health and independence. We offer multiple levels of care so residents are only charged for the assistance and services they need.

We offer studio,one, and two bedroom apartment homes offering spacious floorplans and great views. Plus we offer an extensive list of amenities including weekly housekeeping, all utilities paid, transportation to and from medical appointments, three delicious meals per day in our restaurant-style dining room, 24-hour emergency response system, and so much more.

We also offer specialized memory care and temporary assisted living stays. Locally owned and operated by Hilltop.