Residence at Grand Mesa - Grand Junction, CO

Not A Dry Community

My father is doing good and he likes the community. He shares a suite that has a living room and bathroom. My dad says the food is better and he gets to have a wine after dinner which he much appreciates. The activities are planned for the residents. I am connected to the community website and the staff send me emails of his appointments. Sometimes they provide transportation. It is mostly for for doctor appointments and once a week they go to Wal-Mart. Everyone is friendly and helpful. This was cheaper and better for us.

Helpful Till The End

After a month I found out that my mom likes to wander off. This community did not have the needs for her level of care. The staff did all they could do to help me until I was able to get her into a new place. The facility is clean, no big problems. My mom liked the meals they made. I would recommend to friends and family if this is what they need.

A new chapter

I have talked to many of the residents and have found none speak ill of Grand Mesa. Any problems or situations that came up were not related to the administration or crew at the home. The issues I encountered, which were few, were resident instigated having nothing to do with the way GM is run. I am sure these issues crop up at all facilities. They have been very attentive to all our needs and requests. I rest easy knowing Mom is in good hands.

Now that Mom is getting use to the idea of her incarceration, her term, she is starting to participate in life at the home. They do seem to go out of their way to get the residents involved in various activities. She has made many friends.

All in all I am very happy with Grand Mesa.

great staff

The staff at Residence at Grand Mesa was super friendly and easy to work with. They seem to really genuinely care about all the residents.

I am not too terribly fond of the new owner. He seems to be a little to freely open with information about some of the inner workings and problems that they have behind the scenes, which are things I don't necessarily need to know.

Overall it has been a very positive experience and I would recommend Residence at Grand Mesa.