Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living - Sacramento, CA

Located 15 minutes south of downtown Sacramento known as the City of Trees, Greenhaven Estates Senior Living Community offers a lifestyle that meets your unique needs.

[Removed] left??

Today we just got word from my grandmother that [Removed] has left Greenhaven Estates. My grandmother is extremely disappointed just like other residents. [Removed] lightened up the room. She made the residents feel like family. Thank you [Removed] for everything You have done. We miss you already.

Care and options

I like the care here for my mom. The community is clean and has a good environment for care/ The menu is appealing and the variety is healthy meals. Activities have been offered for the residents that are able to participate. We would recommend this community for other families.

My Aunt & Uncle are settling in

We were glad that this community was approved by my Aunt & Uncle's long-term insurance. They are both still settling in and they like their 2nd story 1 bedroom apt with the view. The community is a bit dated and does need some updates in the apt like cabinetry, shelving, and drawers/shelves in the bathroom. Once settled, my aunt is looking forward to taking part in some of the activities offered. Their walk to the dining room provides exercise. The 2 dinning rooms are very welcoming with tablecloths and flowers on the tables. The menu offers 2 options for lunch and dinner to choose from also . All the staff seems to enjoy their jobs and are always smiling and friendly. Housekeeping and laundry are done on a weekly basis. Knowing that the memory care unit is just on the other side of the dinning room is a comfort, should it be needed in the future.

FRANCES = 5 star rating!!

[Removed] is the only reason for my 5 star rating!! She is always hardworking, knowledgeable, compassionate & caring. She goes above and beyond her duties of Marketing Director. She truly loves the residents and treats them as if they were her family. [Removed] is the backbone of this community and without her, this place would not function properly! Greenhaven Estates should do whatever it takes to make sure she NEVER leaves!

Mark Ting

Thanks for the great feedback! We strive to provide the absolute best care to our residents at Greenhaven Estates. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Yeah for Frances

The first time we met [Removed], we knew this was the place to be.
She has always been helpful, pleasant, caring and compassionate. For being such a young adult she is way ahead of many others. She knows all the residents names, and the family members. All of the events she plans are FIRST CLASS..She is a wonderful lady.

Wow

Today I came for a tour at Greenhaven Estates. I toured 3 other places today with my two sisters. I am planning ahead but I wanted to share what stood out to me the most. This community has a completely different atmosphere compared to the ones I went to. I automatically felt right at home. I met with [Removed] the marketing director. She was very pleasant, the nicest lady we possibly met all day. The difference from her and the other communities was this wasn't just a job. She actually loved what she does. She highlighted the entire community. When we walked past current residents she knew there name, they knew her. The residents would tell us where in good hands with her but one resident stood out the most. Her name was [Removed]y. She invited us into her apartment showed us her paintings and when we were leaving she said "stop by again your my new friend" when we were about to close the door she told [Removed] "I love you" and [Removed] gave her a hug and said it back. You can tell she meant it.

As we were leaving she answered every question I had, my sisters loved her. I forgot to ask one question so I went back inside and to her office and then I noticed something that truely sold me, she has photos of herself with her residents in her office. This lady loves what she does! When I asked her why, she said I work here and see my residents more than I see my own family. There not just residents but they are my family also.

Sold sold sold! This is the best community I have been to. I am in love with Greenhaven Estates. I'm planning my move soon and I'm excited to move to Greenhaven Estates!

Mark Ting

Thanks for the feedback, Lily. We strive to provide the absolute best care to our residents at Greenhaven Estates. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Frances is amazing

My name is [Removed], I came to Greenhaven Estates about a month ago. I had a follow up call two weeks ago and today I received a call just to see how I was doing. [Removed] is so nice and sweet she is making this decision very easy for me. I have been to other communities and there really pushy. [Removed] makes me feel comfortable with my decision. I cannot wait till I move in. I am waiting to sale my house then I will be there. Its people like her that really helps in making these life changing decisions. They need more people like her in this industry.

A good place to live.

The care at this community is outstanding. We have moved in recently and we like the atmosphere. The community is very clean and maintained. The do offer a lot of great variety of healthy meals. We like living here.
We would recommend this community to other families who might want to live at a nice community.

I love my house

My name is [Removed], I am 98. I wanted to share with everyone that love my care givers. I have the options for when I need assistance I can pull my pull cord and someone will come if there's an emergency. Yesterday I pulled it because I dropped the toilet paper roll and they came in a jiffy. its the little things like this that makes my day.

Our Ed is [Removed], She's such a nice lady. We love her here.

I have lived here since 2006. I live in apartment 123. I have a 2bedroom 2bathroom. An amazing balcony. I love sitting outside to feel the fresh wind and bring back my golfing memories.

I am thankful the good lord gave me a place to stay, I get tucked in daily and every care giver I tell them " Goodnight, I love you, and don't forget to lock the door" I just love everyone there.

Chinese New Year

Today I went to the Chinese New Years event at Greenhaven Estates. We were invited from our nextdoor.com website by [Removed]. It was a pleasure meeting her and all the staff. She checked on all the guest and made sure her residents were taken care of. Also The entertainment was perfectly timed. She had lion dancers and two live singers. It went so smoothly. The food they served were buffet style and I have to say it was delicious. With as many people who showed up they ran out of seats but still made everyone comfortable. Most importantly the didn't run out of food. The chef kept it coming from the kitchen. This was a fun New Years celebration I have been to. I'm 60 and live in the neighborhood when I turn 65 I know where I'm going. Thankyou for having me and my granddaughter.

Mark Ting

Lynn, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about Greenhaven Estates. We are pleased to hear your experience with us was positive! Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

It feels like home

Today my mother and sister came for a tour at Greenhaven Estates. By the end of the tour my mother was extremely happy and excited. We will be moving in very soon once we get everything in order. The 2bedroom apartment was huge! It even had a second bathroom. Our tour was with [Removed] and she was amazing. Not only does she know every resident, they know her. As we walked past residents she hugged them, waived and I just knew my mother will be in loving hands. The housekeeper and care team also waived and said hi to us. This community was so welcoming we felt right at home.

Thankyou

I Was Not Impressed

When I went to visit this community, I noticed a bad odor. The furniture showed stains on it. We did not want to stay long. It looked more like a business. This was not the worst but not the best.

Very well kept, the staff is very knowledgable and friendly, th rooms seem to be very adequate with balconies, lots of indoor and outdoor activities. Very warm and welcoming.

I thought it was great.

I thought it was great. Really nice people, unbelievable how clean they are able to keep it. The food was great. The staff were great and attentive if I had any questions they were very helpful. I would give them five out of five. There were no issues with billing. We were very happy with them.

Grandma is happy there.

The staff is very attentive and nice and friendly. The community is well maintained and clean. My over all experience with this community is good. Grandma is happy there.x

Peace of Mind

Such a wonderful feeling to know the staff has everything under control, that mom is safe and almost as cared for as if she were living with me. She has her own space, yet is part of a community, and does not feel loneliness.

High turn over

My loved one has fallen – and they chose to send my loved one by ambulance twice – and I don’t think that was necessary – I think there should be judgment. I’ve been there when my loved one was eating and the food looks okay. The public relation person when we first went there was awesome, but there has been turn over in administration and nursing staff.

Very helpful

My loved one doesn’t really participate in the activities, but I thought the different activities were great. Everyone is very helpful and they made it a very easy transition from her previous residence to their facility. My loved one says the food is good, but it could be better.

Visited facility on Sat. Fe...

Visited facility on Sat. Feb. 1st and talked with Liz and Lola, memory care director as well as met their activity director. Liked the facility and staff were really friendly and did seem to know all the residents. It was a former nursing facility turned into memory care about 15 yrs ago. Liked that the assisted living and memory care did functions together which from my experience doesn't always occur.

I'm pretty happy overall.

They are going through a huge transition, and they are improving greatly. I think any complaints and issues are already being handled and improved. They were the best fit for our budget. I'm pretty happy overall. I'm thankful for A Place For Mom, Dale was great, this was a tough transition for us.

Minor Details

I liked it a lot. I didn't choose Greenhaven Estates partly because a lot of their activities were heavily casino or gambling games oriented which I knew was something that my mother would not be interested in. Also, my mom likes to sit out on her patio and the patio on the first floor is walled in so I thought that was not really what she would enjoy. It was really sort of minor details that made the difference.

Good Situation

My aunt is there. From what I understand it's a very nice place. Her granddaughter is very happy with it and has no complaints. Whether my aunt is happy there is another story but she's being well taken care of. It's a good situation for her and the place is good.

Older facility, clean but definitely ...

Older facility, clean but definitely showing some wear and tear. Quite, smaller total residents then Emeritus and Sunrise. Nice room layouts.

Psych nurse on the premises. Great! C...

Psych nurse on the premises. Great! Concerned and knowledgeable staff.