The Harbor at Renaissance - Stanardsville, VA

They seem to care about the residents

We liked that this was a pretty active community. They have a lot of programs including exercise and singing. The staff are great and are always busy helping someone. Dad seems to like the food. The community is clean and the grounds are nice. The community is surrounded by beautiful woods and they have a garden terrace. It is quiet and comfortable. The rehabilitation area was good. The residents receive family style treatment and I have already recommended this community.

Thank you God for the people at the harbor at Renaissance.

My wife and I visited six memory care facilities, this one seem to be exceptionally better than the other five. We had a couple of hiccups, in the first week. Our loved one has settled in here nicely, everyone here seems to be very professional , very concerned about our loved ones quality-of-life, thay are also very informative about the disease of Dementia. To sum it up, they really treated us like family. And I truly love that. thank you to everyone at the harbor at Renaissance. My wife and I consider ourselves blessed to have found this place.

I Am Happy With My Choice

In my time of a prompt placement, I toured them and picked them for my wife. The staff at the Harbor do a fantastic job and I am impressed with them overall. I have no worries about her living in the community and she is doing well from what I see when I visit her. We go out to lunch and take her to appointment if needed. The staff tell me if anything changes or gives updates, there has been no trouble. I would recommend them if one is close enough.

The Harbor at Renaissance gets my recommendation!!!

The staff at this community are well trained and friendly. They offer activities however my Mother in law does not like to participate in any. She likes the food and they keep the community clean. The Advisor from A Place for Mom did a good job in recommending this community.

What I like about this community compared to other places I've toured is that this felt homey. It had a fresh look to it, and it didn't feel dated. It's cheery! I like that they have three different buildings with escalating care, making the next move very easy. There aren't many residents in the community, and I feel the care is better. The staff is more involved. The food is okay. Not fantastic, but some meals are better than others.

Prior to my dad moving into the facility I want to visit it at different times of the day, mainly unannounced. The residents always looked good. The facility is bright and cheerful, and has no strange smells. The pictures on the walls are appropriate to the age of the residents. The meals that I have seen and eaten are very good. The staff that I've meet is exceptional. They are eager to learn about your family member and take the best care of them that they can!! Our Family Is always greeted by name when we go to visit our Father. Our dad just moved in the beginning of April. The staff has done everything they can to help with the transition to the facility. They encourage us to bring in favorite foods, drinks and snacks. Also, our dad loves to play scrabble and at 93 years of age is a very good player!

has been good

The Harbor at Renaissance has been good. The value is good. The care is good. They've been good about contacting me. When I go to visit him he seems well. I'm just very happy with them at this point.

Only spoke to personnel at The Harbor. After hearing my brother's situation, they were honest enough that he would not be a fit, which I can respect. However, the additional information that no one in Northern Virginia would accept him into their communities and to look only at psychiatric wards without a real explanation was not. The place that took my brother is not a psychiatric ward nor is it in Northern Virginia or even Southern Virginia. And he is doing very well.

Nice looking place

very pleased

We have been very pleased with everything we have seen at The Harbor at Renaissance. They look more at the individual rather a number and that says a lot. It is early but so far I have no complaints. The experience has gone really well so far.

very very helpful

They were very very helpful at The Harbor at Renaissance. We liked the facility. Mom refused to go though so we had to put her somewhere in the state she lives. We would have loved for her to be there. Liesa, the director was very kind. It looked like they offered a wide variety of activities. I just wish mom could have come here.

Disappointed..

I was happy with them until she passed. They owed me money and kept that too. My loved one was only there for 6 days. They charged me for the rest of the month. They couldn't find any of her stuff. I haven't heard anything back. I think I would of been happy with them until she died. I'm disappointed. They said they would at least contact me. It's been 2 months and haven't heard anything. Overall, I'm disappointed.

The Harbor

When I 1st visit the facilities to find a place for my mom, I was look for a clean and nice place at a reasonable cost. The harbor has a homey decor and does not look like a hospital or nursing home. The place is clean. Also the folks are nice and are willing to work with you on my mom care. They have an open communication with the family to update on the family members care. I would recommand this community to anyone need care.

Very pleased.

I placed my grandmother at The Harbor At Renaissance in mid January 2015. I have been very pleased with the care she has received so far. The staff has been extremely supportive and accomodating. It is important to me that she be treated with the respect she deserves and I believe she is. Most importanly I feel she is in a safe environment and this gives me peace of mind every day. The only very very small issue I have had is unreturned phone calls when checking on my grandmother but not big problem.

The attendants are kind as are the residents. Nobody seems to talk. They have good food. There is a definite lack of communication between staff members. Overall for the value, compared to other assisted livings in the area, it is a nice place.

Not recommeneded.

THIS IS NOT AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY, THIS IS A NURSING HOME. Unfortunately this is a for-profit facility and therefore are not picky about the residents they accept. This is a nursing home, not assisted living. A memory care is supposed to be for those in the mid to early stages of dementia and Alzheimer's. This facility is filled with those that are in the late stages and are difficult to work with. There is possibly 2-3 residents within the facility that can be considered eligible for assisted living care. The residents deserve more and deserve a facility that can better suit their needs. I would consider choosing a different option for your family member if you feel as though they are better suited for an assisted living. Also, pay special attention to their assessments that are made on your loved one, they need to be comprehensive & provide a multitude of information outside of their finances.

Wonderful experience and the perfect place for mom.

Very happy to have found the Harbor House. The Director and staff are all friendly and very experienced. They expertly guided us through the whole experience and in the end we have found the perfect home for our mom. She and we could not be happier.

They’re excellent.

They’re excellent. My loved one doesn’t do a lot of the activities, but things are always busy. It’s just a lovely activities, safe place to be if you need to be there. If eel totally confident that her needs are being met.

lifesafer

What a great place , clean and friendly . My family member has done very well here and ler outlook on life has improved . They have great activities that keep the resident involved and alert and having fun .
My only complain is that they should have more choices for meals when resident does not like the menu for that day. But our overall experience has been excellent .

very happy

The staff has been wonderful.

The Harbor at Rennaissance

This is not the fanciest place near Charlottesville but I found it to be the friendliest, the most caring, and the most reasonably priced place. I moved my sister from a very expensive place in Florida and within a week at the Harbor she looked happier and more relaxed than I had seen her in some time.

The Renaissance is located in historic Standardsville,VA, at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and offers serene walking paths and scenery.Our recently renovated campus offers an exceptional level of comfort and care in a home like setting.We provide all levels of care: Assisted Living, Memory and skilled nursing. This gives peace of mind to our residents and comfort to their families. In an industry where the national average is 18 months, our tenure of leadership amounts to over 30 years. We are proud of our dedicated staff, who have on average over 8 years experience providing exceptional care and services. We have a cutting edge Alzheimer program. Our NEW non-drug therapy system, SimpleC, uses technology mastered from research at John Hopkins, Emory and Georgia Tech universities.

It is an honor to serve the greatest generation. Please call now to schedule a tour and join us for lunch