Morningside of Charlottesville - Charlottesville, VA

Morningside of Charlottesville.

We have been very pleased with Morningside. The nurses are friendly and they treat my Mother as if she were their own, which I really appreciate.

If you are looking for a nice facility, with nurses and staff who really care, you should visit Morningside.

Clean. Competent. Accommodating. Possible placement

An answer to prayer!

You can't get any better than Morningside! they helped us every step of the way and were always kind, considerate, thoughtful and especially compassionate! [Name removed] and the team have extensive experience both personally and professionally which enables them to truly understand all aspects of transitioning your loved one into assisted living! Morningside was truly an answer to prayer for us! They set the standard for memory care, by providing an engaging yet safe environment for all of the residents. We are grateful everyday to know that our Mom is looked after with such expertise and compassion! From the beginning you will have whatever support you need to help transition, and comfort not only the new resident but the family too.

Feature wise, it seemed to have the essentials. However, it felt more like nursing care than assisted living. The inside reminded me of a hospital rather than an apartment building. They do accommodate pets however, do not have washer/dryers in the rooms. They did offer the possibility of a three month trial stay for my mother to see if she liked it. Logistics might be difficult but, it was a novel idea.

Emphasis of dignity of residents. They have assisted living and memory care but no nursing care. Hospice will come in. Very nice PT and OT site. Nurse only during the day. Community fee waived for veterans. Monthly rent starts at $3400 for a small studio, no kitchenette. 1 bedroom deluxe is $5000 per month. Care maxs out at $1030/month which would take care of someone who is bed ridden, needs help bathing, toileting, and eating. Medication management is an additional $285 or $480 per month. VA benefit allows an 5% discount per month. 80 total residents, capacity of 115. That may be a warning flag as they have plenty of openings.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for visiting our community and for your detailed review. I am the Executive Director and wanted to be sure you are aware that we do have nursing staff available to meet the day to day needs of our resident's. If one of our residents reaches a point where they need acute medical intervention, we work closely with families to find placement within a nearby, reputable skilled nursing community to meet those needs so that our resident can then safely return home to Morningside. Also note that the licensed capacity is the maximum number of residents allowed by law and is more of an indication of the size of our apartments and common space than a true count of number of residents we would allow, which is under 100. We wish you the best as you explore senior living options and hope that you consider Morningside of Charlottesville. Please contact us if you have any further questions.

I saw several people living there that I knew from playing golf at
Lake Monticello. I was very impressed with every aspect of
Morningside

Nice tour

Morningside of Charlottesville was a nice community. They were in the process of updating the facilities at the time of our tour. Also when we toured they had mostly shared rooms available. We chose another community based on our care needs.

New changes?

Things are not going as well as we had hoped at Morningside of Charlottesville. The main reason we had moved into this community was for the rehabilitation exercise programs. As of now we still have not been able to partake in the program. The issue seems to be due to new management and changes in the personnel and staff turnover. Management stated that internet was to be included in the price but we have to pay for it then they will reimburse us for our monthly payment. As of now, we have not seen the actual bill that was to be emailed to us. Some of the staff members are not treating the residents with care and gentleness, some seem rather brusque. There was an issue with the call buttons not working which was very upsetting for the residents needing assistance to the restrooms. One positive note is the food seems to be improving from when we first arrived at this community. At this point, we are unsure of what the next step should be.

This is a nice community.

All of the staff are caring, attentive and helpful. They keep the community very clean. The only complaint I have is that the food is terrible. The management is trying to work on improving this. The service help is nice and tries, however they are short staffed. They offer a lot of activities and my loved one enjoys the music activities. This community is in a lovely area and the rooms have a nice view. This community offers excellent rehabilitation and I would recommend it.

Mom Is Well Here

My mother is doing very well here at this community. I know she is being cared for very well. They have a lovely staff here, they have been great to work with. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. There are many activities available for the residents. They have really provided me a peace of mind. I know she is in good hands here.

Mom loved her respite stay at Morningside of Charlottesville!!!!!

I cannot say enough about the great care my mom received at this community. When they picked her up from the skilled nursing community the person sat down next to her and explained everything that was going on. They were on top of things and were great advocates for her. The food was good, healthy and they offered a lot of choices. We would use this community again if additional respite care is needed.

Lovely place!

From our initial tour, I really loved Morningside, and my Mother liked it. The staff is very friendly, competent, they seem to really care about the residents. They helped expedite her move there. We have a very good feeling about the place. Doing therapy there, she is now using a walker and no longer in a wheelchair. They are renovating so it's messy right now, but they're doing their best. I'm glad we saw the community when it wasn't being renovated. It's a lovely place.

all around great place. A good value, great people, beautiful facility.

A very caring place..

It seems like a very caring place. The staff is very caring. Everybody is very friendly. The place is clean. They try to do a lot for their residents. So far we are very pleased. The value is pretty good. The care services are going good so far. Everything has been going really good. It's a nice place. I can't rate the activities because my loved one hasn't taken advantage of them yet. It is not applicable.

Lovely facility, we think she will enjoy it once we get her cooperation.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice place overall, the people seemed friendly and the facility itself was well kept and clean. It also had some very nice looking common areas for the residents to mingle in.

so far so good

My mom has been at Morningside for a couple of weeks. She seems to be doing well. She is making friends, the nursing staff if doing a great job of keeping up with her meds. So far we are happy.

Seems fine so far

He's only been there a couple of weeks but at this point the price seems fair, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it, I would like to see them lower though. The care seems to be good, they're very solicitous of him trying to get him to participate so I'm very pleased with that. There are activities, he right now has a lot of medical problems he's been trying to keep up on so they've been calling me about this and that and they've been calling me a lot keeping me in tune with what's going on.

Very nice facility. Multi story build...

Very nice facility. Multi story building with common areas on first floor and rooms on upper 2 floors. Room sizes adequate.

Lovely facility. 6 available apartme...

Lovely facility. 6 available apartments. No skilled nursing.

Morningside of Charlottesville provides personalized care in an elegant and home-like setting for residents with Assisted Living, Memory Care and Respite Care needs.