Rosewood Village at Hollymead Town Center - Charlottesville, VA

Not enough activity

The staff at this community did a nice job with our tour showing us around and answering our questions. The memory care did not seem to be a very active, kind of drab and I did not think my mother-in-law would have enough to do here. We were also concerned about the option of bringing in her own personal caregiver as well.
In the end, we felt that my mother-in-law would be better off in Arizona so that she could be close to us.

A Very Good Facililty

My husband is now in the dementia floor. It's a good facility, generally speaking. The assisted living is very good. The dementia unit is good and the care is sufficient from what I saw. It is clean and there is no urine smell through out the community. Compared with what I have seen around, they are a much better place.

Very Nice Tour, I like this community

This is a lovely community and my tour went very well. The tour guide was very kind and informative. I liked the layout of the community, everything was very nice and clean. They do offer nice activities and good food. Overall it was very good tour, I enjoyed it.

Caring staff, comfortable facility.

Rosewood Village at Hollymead Town Center (Charlottesville Va) is a lovely, comfortable facility. The staff have have been loving and attentive to our parents, and flexible in dealing with their different needs while allowing them to stay together. The physical therapy is especially good. I recommend this facility without hesitation for seniors who need some extra care, including memory care and personal care assistance.

Respite stay experience

We had a great experience for a respite stay. The people were great to work with an caring. It was good overall. Will consider for longer term as needed.

Respite care experience at Rosewood

We had a great respite care experience with my Dad. Great people. Made the process simple. Very helpful and caring attitude.

Nice looking place

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far everything has gone very well with Rosewood Village! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff here is very friendly and professional. I'd definitely say they're worth a look, if you're looking into options in the area.

Great service - when you are in doubt...

Carol Hull was GREAT - and was caring and attentive during the difficult process. We did select one of her recommendations and it was very good. Sadly, my father passed away this week, but he was able to spend his time well taken care of.

Also, wonderful team at this facility - truly caring and helpful.

Such a relief! Great, caring, and kind...

Mary Stone made this tough situation incredibly easy. We are unable to be near my mother-in-law, so trusting her care to someone else was anxiety inducing. Mary at A Place For Mom emailed some homes right away and we found one the next morning.
My MIL is SO happy there! It's been a long time since I've heard her this thrilled....
So, thank you Rosewood Village, Mary and A Place For Mom!!

Beautiful community, nice staff, not a good fit.

My loved one has fallen five times in about six weeks. Most of the falls have been unwitnessed. I know they can't be watching every single move of every single resident, but after the first fall, we communicated that she is a fall risk. The staff didn't seem to get the message, they are nice enough, but didn't take the necessary steps to keep my loved one from falling. It's a nice community. The food is presented well. I really like the staff and the people, they are very caring. It's one of the finest assisted living I have ever seen, but if you aren't either steady on your feet or already confined to a wheelchair, it might not be the best fit.

my mother-in-law liked it t...

my mother-in-law liked it there very much. We hated to move her but wanted to have her closer to our home.

The care services are good, the character of the company is what is in question.

They were always clean, and they had plenty of activities. The meals were good. They were able to keep up with medications, and any changes. Any time there was a new doctors appointment they were aware of it and made sure we were aware of it. Unfortunately there were items were stolen from the room. [removed]

Our favorite out of all we ...

Our favorite out of all we have seen. Physically it is very nice. Staff is friendly. People and staff interact positively. We are going to add her to the waitlist here immediately.

Great

I chose the Rosewood Village after doing online research and speaking to people in the area who recommended them. So far they've been great!

RoseWood Village Assisted Living provides a unique opportunity for the residents of our communities to experience the daily adventures of living in a small town at each of our locations. When we first created RoseWood Village our goal was to provide exceptional assisted living care in a setting that is stimulating, exciting and appealing. To do so we have created a unique environment throughout each of our communities that allows our residents to experience living in a picturesque village. Our communities feature a Main Street corridor complete with store fronts, cafés, a beauty and barber shop and a movie theater. Our locations also offer a number of other stimulating destinations, including outdoor gardens, patios, health spas and fitness centers, as well as a variety of themed gathering locations including an Out-of-Africa Lounge, French Quarter Lounge, and Key West Café. All offer comfortable gathering destinations for building relationships with friends and connecting with family.

We also understand that while the various settings within our communities add to the quality of life of our residents, our core focus remains the care of each and every one of our residents. We are proud of all the employees who devote their time and energy to make caring for our residents a top priority every day. Because at RoseWood Village we believe that our residents, after a lifetime of caring for others, deserve to be cared for with compassion, dignity and respect.

We invite you to come experience our New Visions of Assisted Living.