Brookdale West Palm Beach - West Palm Beach, FL

ALL ROOMS ARE ACCESSIBLE, FOOD IS VERY GOOD, AMPLE SELECTION OF ENTRIES. AMPLE ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT, NICE GROUNDS,

Very responsive staff team

I really appreciate on all the help that their staff has given me.[Removed], the health and wellness coordinator is very responsive. When I email the nursing staff, I usually receive a quick response. They always give me updates concerning my loved one’s appointments and anything going on during the day that they feel they should let me know about. In the main office, the resident coordinator and office staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. I feel like they were willing to work with us getting everything coordinated with my loved one’s personal doctor and were very helpful with the transition. The dining experience is top notch. There is a culinary institute in their kitchen so the food is fantastic. When I went to visit my loved one they were nice about me eating with him in the facility. There are lots of options on their menu that changes daily. There are at least 3-4 options for the main entrees and 3 different desserts on the menu each day. They are very good with their cleanliness too. Their main club house area is pretty nice. They provide entertainment, art and craft activities, and musicians come in and plays for the residents. One factor that really helped us decide with this location is the friendliness of the other residents. They love it there and hearing it from their perspective on the facility definitely helped.

everyone is well monitored

If you have an elderly loved one that is living with you, you are not doing them any favors keeping them in your home. God forbid that something happens to them where they would need skilled nurses and professional medical personnel, you cannot provide it. Having my relative at this facility has given me a great peace of mind knowing that she is somewhere safe, comfortable, and there is a knowledgeable medical team there if it is needed. Another thing that is great is that they keep everyone constantly monitored in case something goes wrong. In the units, there is a button that they would have a push by a certain time, if they don’t push it then they will try to call you, if you don’t pick up they will then try to find you. Moreover, they are required to wear a “life alert” type button around your neck. For the most part the care team is going a good job. However, there are times where they seemed a bit short staffed. Occasionally they will take some time to get back to you. Another thing I would say that they could improve on is the wait staff in the kitchen. Sometimes there are inconsistencies, there are times where you will receive your food right away and others there will be slow service. However, the food there is great. It’s like basically like eating at a restaurant. They serve fish three times a week and I had their crab cakes one time while I was dining there. My mother is getting a more well-rounded diet there than she did before living at home. Here she is eating more things that you should eat and at this location you get two meals a day. They do a good job at keeping the facility clean. The housekeeper comes in once a week to organize the resident’s units and if you have clean linens they will make the bed for you. There are also many activities offered here. They show movies, they have outings, and transportation to take you shopping or doctor’s appointments. The other tenants that are there are friendly too. Picture it like a high school, there are bound to be clicks a long with maybe one or two people that you wouldn’t want to hang around with.

2 week respite stay to check things out

I did a 2-week respite stay here to see if I would fit in if I moved here. I liked the staff and they treated me well, they told me about the different activities, none of which I liked and they made sure I came down for my meals with the other residents. The food was fair but it was depressing as some of the residents were friendly others just sat around doing nothing. I finally decided that I would be better off in my own home with caregivers for now.

Toured here yesterday also. Not impressed. Pricing is much higher, and based on each and every extra service. Did not show me the ALF, just the independent area which was very congested, needs a lot of "cosmetic" work done, both inside and outside. Have to go outside from your building to main building to get to dining room. Just not appealing to me.

Dad settling in at Brookdale west palm Beach on Common Dr.

Our family liked the congenial staff,
Dining director talking with us . U could
Tell he has great pride with his meal planning. Uses local ingredients.
Also the facility provides swimming
Plus wi bowling which hits
my father interest. His apartment
Is spacious with new carpet and
Freshly painted. Staff seems concerned
With the care for each resident.

Nice Community

This is a nice community very spacious. The foyer is nice as you enter. The units for an independent living seems to be ok good living space. The staff seemed to be friendly and helpful. The grounds were nice well kept and maintained.

Lots of acreage to walk around

Mom is extremely happy since she has moved here. The staff ranging from the dining room to the nurses and administration is very nice and extremely helpful.
My mom looks forward to her water exercise class and her craft classes.
I've eaten here when visiting mother and I would have to say the food is a little above average.
The community is extremely clean however the elevator is left to be desired though.
Outside there is plenty of acreages to take a nice stroll.

Care for my friend

This is a great community. The staff are caring and attentive to his needs. The community is very nice and I like knowing that he is happy in a clean community. The meals are good and he likes that variety that is offered. He is activities in the community with the activities that are offered. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

My Dad loves this place. He was skeptical at first, but now is glad he's here. Food is exceptional.

Pleased with my Move To This Community

I'am doing very well since my move to this community. I'am happy with all they have done for me, everybody is very kind. The facility is beautiful, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. I'am very pleased with the community.

A very nice place!

When we toured Brookdale, we really liked it. The staff there were all very nice and the place was fantastic. My father had already put a down payment but then he found another community that he liked more. There was nothing wrong with Brookdale, it was a very nice place.

I would recommend this community

The staff are helpful within their parameters. They do not always seem open to suggestions. The food is phenomenal. There is a lot of variety and it is restaurant quality. Dad does say some things are not like they show in the brochure. His apartment is large, bright and they clean it once a week. They keep the community clean maintenance is quick to respond to issues.

Success at Brookdale

The minute I walked into Brookdale I knew it was the right place for my mother. It was bright and full of life with residents congregating in the lobby.

Everyone that I dealt with from the person at the front desk to the director was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and experienced.

Before the tour, the director sat with me to ask me questions and to give me information while answering my questions . No question of mine was too trivial or unimportant. Every doubt or possible negative scenario that I could think of was given a resolution.[Removed] would make any accommodations that would help my mother succeed at Brookdale.

When we went on the tour I noticed the warmth and familiarity between the staff and the residents. I met several staff members including heads of departments.

A bonus at Brookdale is the food! It's good! When I met the head of dining, he told me that they could make anything that my mother requested. Wow.

The apartment she has is roomy, full off natural light and is very accessible for someone who uses a walker.

My mother has been living at Brookdale for 9 days now and we hardly speak. This is because she is busy with her new friends and participating in activities. She is hardly ever in her room when I call.

I have contacted the staff at Brookdale several times for various reasons while my mother settled in. From [Removed], and everyone in between, I cannot say enough about these wonderful, caring professionals.

Do we like Brookdale? My mother has not been this happy in a very long time.

In Laws are Well Here

Everything is great at this community. My in laws is doing very well since their move here. We know they are safe, and in a good facility. They have a very good staff here, they have good to work with. They are very pleased with the meals, the food is very good. Overall all is well so far, and I would recommend this community.

Staff very accommodating; Food and Activities are Good; Public spaces need updating

The staff arranged a trial stay for my 90 year old mother in law so that she could be sure their facility was comfortable
for her. They were so accommodating and helpful with our
move-in. They even arranged a surprise birthday cake for her!

Now that she is settled she is loving her new home. She
remarks often that the food is exceptional.

Our only negative comment is that the facility is older and
the corridors and carpet in the public spaces appear worn
and soiled. Her private unit is well maintained.

Care for family

My uncle is doing really good here. The staff are attentive and caring. the community is very clean. He likes the variety of the good food that is offered. He is offered to do activities when willing. He is happy and we would recommend this community for a great care and value to other families.

Needs a renovation!

The staff is pretty good. The community itself can use a remodel. It is very out dated and the dining room chairs are used and old. Also they do not do a good job of cleaning the community up. Only the dining room. They have activities, but none that appeal to me and my husband. We thought this was independent living and it turned out to be assisted. Just not a good fit for us.

So Far Everything is Well

Overall it has been a good experience for my mother at this community. She is doing well, and I'am satisfied with her move to this community. The staff is good, they are caring for her very well. I know she is secure and in good hands at this community. So far everything has worked out well for us here.

My Father In Law Is In Good Hands Here

My father in law is doing well here at this community. It is a good community with kind people. We know he is in good hands here and being cared for well. He really enjoys the meals. So far it has been nice experience for us here. Everything has worked out very well for us with this community. This is a community I would recommend.

Exceptional Tour

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. The community looked great, everything was very nice and clean. The staff was very kind and friendly. All my questions were answered, they were very informative. It was an exceptional experience. It would had been a place I would had felt comfortable moving my mother here.

Nice Tour, A Lovely Community

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everybody I met was kind and welcoming. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean, and well maintained. The staff was friendly and informative. My tour went well, this is a lovely community.

My Dad Is Having A Good Time

I am so happy with the care that is given at this community. Activities are always available but my dad prefers to socialize during meal times and has made friends too. The meals that are served taste very excellent, I have ate with him and agree too. The staff are very accommodating, attentive, and helpful at all times.

Review of Brookdale West Palm Beach - West Palm Beach, FL

this is TOPS on our list. We loved the tour and felt comfortable there. If we were comfortable we know mom and dad would like it too. We now must sit down and discuss finances. WE FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE and it is central for ALL siblings

Meal problems

Things are not going well at Brookdale. We are having meal problems. The meals are not warm. My Mother gets room service for breakfast and dinner and the meals are cold and not hot. We have relayed this information to the nursing and dining staff (even the Dining Director) and they can't seem to get it right. If we don't get this problem resolved, I will be pulling Mom out. Some of the staff definitely needs to go. Everyone is nice there and she likes it. It's just a problem with the meals.

We think the people are nice and the place is fine.

We think the people are nice and the place is fine. The maintenance requires a bit though. The refrigerator and freezer hasn't worked, and gate opener doesn't work, and the fans they installed are backwards. Making an appointment with maintenance is tedious. They have dining, and that has been nice. We liked the apartment itself, and the price. It was one of the more reasonable places.

very responsive

Everything is fine at The Classic at West Palm Beach. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Any time I send an e-mail to them they are very responsive. They get back to me right away. Things have gone really well at this facility.

good independent living facilitiy for seniors

My family's experience within the first few months has been good so far.

Moving Mom In

Overall 5 stars and seems like a good place for mom.

most impressed

We were most impressed as we came down to visit as they even had a special sign made just for us to welcome us. They showed a lot of caring and thoughtfulness. We got a great depth of emotion and a just overwhelmingly warm welcome. We saw the unit, had dinner, went back to the hotel and talked and said "we've made the decision and will be moving in". We are anticipating moving in there in mid January and we are very much looking forward to it.

Nice place, not a great fit for us

We only had a very brief experience with The Classic at West Palm Beach, but it seemed like a very nice place. It unfortunately just was not a good fit for our loved one, but the facility itself was beautiful and the staff all seemed friendly. Definitely somewhere worth a look, if you're looking into options in the area.

Friendly and helpful staff

Things have gone very well at The Classic so far! It is a nice looking, clean, well kept facility. The staff have all been very friendly, and they were a big help during the whole move in process. They even helped out with some furniture for my loved ones room! The staff do a great job looking out for the residents, and they even do a pretty good job with the food!

It’s a nice place.

It’s an older building. They were pretty nice. It was close to me. It’s a nice place.

I can do pretty much everything they do. They would forget to call me to get refills. They checked on him all time. I’m sure they had nice activities. The price is probably comparable to others. Families should shop around. My loved one didn’t like the food. They also have independent living. Independent living eats first and then assisted living is served, which meant food sometimes needed to be reheated.

happy

we never would have completed this difficult task so quickly with out the help.

I aam on the west coast of Florida and my brother is on the East coast.

He is thrilled with his new location , "what is their not to like "

It's an Adjustment

My mom is in independent living. She hasn't done much, although they have trips, computer classes, and movies every night. She is kind of sticking to herself. It might take a while for her to adjust. The staff is good, but the people that live there are kind of cliquey, and she is having a hard time meeting people. It's a high percentage of Jewish people, and my mother is not Jewish. I think this may tend to happen. A lot of people have been there a long time, and they already have their friends.

Independent living provides two meals a day, and you have to go outside to get to the Clubhouse, where the meals are served. The meals and activities are both in different buildings than where the residents live, and I really like that layout. The meals are fabulous!

Placement of Violet Richardson, cousin, into facility

The unit that I secured for Ms. Richardson is very acceptable. The rehab of 9-#107 was accomplished in an acceptable manner and was prepared for her earlier- than- planned
move in. The food and service is very good. When requested, advise and assistance was provided.

The Classic of West Palm Beach

Dining in main clubhouse is different than what they serve residents in Assistant Living, very disappointing. Have addressed issues but with no resolve.
When you tour facilities they sell you on the idea that assisted living residents can dine in their building dining room from same menu as clubhouse dining room. Not true. The food is terrible in the 2 AL buildings. Very sad to see your parent be unsatisfied with their dining experience.

When You Run Out of Money You're Out

They go by The Terrace but their sign says The Classic. It's more like take your money and when you run out of money we don't have space for you and we don't have what you need. My father was there and he was appropriate but as soon as he qualified for medicaid he wasn't appropriate anymore. Their level of licensing is lower so they don't have as much knowledge of dementia.

Waste of time and money

They have a doctor that completes the diagnosis and treatment of the residents who is always too busy. We had it scheduled to receive a diagnosis and each time he showed up it was postponed, it ended up taking us three weeks to finally get our loved one diagnosed. When he finally did get our loved one diagnosed, he diagnosed our loved one as being fine and telling them to just take one aspirin in the morning. Our loved one had an episode and ended up going to emergency room, while they were there we had the hospital doctors give our loved one a diagnosis and that is when they were diagnosed with Dementia. When we told The Classic about the accurate diagnosis they started wanting to charge extra for every single service. Our loved one was not there very long and they still kept our $3,000 signup fee and our monthly rent of $2,200. They also wanted us to give them a 30 day notice of which we would have to pay rent even though the room was vacant. Because the inappropriate diagnosis by their doctor they did not provide the proper care for our loved one which had them end up in the emergency room. There is no way we would ever recommend this community to anyone.

Great community

We chose this community because it was convenient for our family. The layout of the grounds makes it easy to navigate everything is fairly centrally located. The staff is really friendly and the quality of the food is good. They have a pool as well.

We visited, met with director, and lo...

We visited, met with director, and loved it. This is #1 choice so far. . .

The Classic at West Palm Beach provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.