NuVista Living Assisted Living - Wellington, FL

Miracle ALF

This is my moms 3 rd attempt at ALF and I believe without a doubt she has finally found the right fit. From the compassionate and attentive staff to the cleanliness and friendliness, NuVista strives to keep their clientele happy. I have relatives in the big named ,fancy ALFS who are constantly complaining about the food. Well, my picky eating malnourished ( from last ALF) is eating 3 meals a day with dignity. In her Last ALF they would rather her eat in her room then transfer her to the dining room. In 2 years at the last “fancy” ALF my mom who is wheelchair bound was not encouraged or able to access any of the myriad of activities they boasted about. It was like she was forgotten . Personal need ,hygiene ,and nourishment were neglected. In the month at NuVisat , she is now eating 3 meals a day and participating daily in acitivities. Nothing short of a miracle. Thanks NuVista

Miracle facility

I’ve had the unfortunate experience of having moved my mom three times in the last 2 years. Many of the comments above are referring to the rehab part of NuVusta NOT the ASISTED LIVING. My mom had been a frequent flyer in the rehab and they did a very good job each time(I’m a rehab therapist so I’ve been around the area for MANY years! Assisted living at NUVista is an entirely separate entity. From day one until now, over a month , the care ,compassion , and attention to my mom has been remarkable. Everyone knows her. The last asst living facility she was in did not serve food she would eat. She lost 40 pounds and no personal seemed to care.
Is he also did not and was not encouraged to socialize.
The change in her eating and participating ( even when she doesn’t want to) has been nothing short of a miracle.

A bit too fancy

This location is very nice and it is a bit newer facility. You felt like you are in a hotel in their rehab area. It was a little more luxurious and pretty expensive. I feel someone in a certain state of mind that it is a bit unneeded for the place to be that fancy. I felt like the staff wasn’t that friendly or communicative.

My experience there was okay but you definitely have to be firm and stand your ground in a lot of areas and pick your battles. 80% of the people there - the staff were very friendly and very concerned and compassionate but there are a handful that have definite attitude problems. Most of the nurses that I had we're great but there were two or three who definitely should not be working with people. They were rude and you could actually hear them talking about you in the hallway when you asked for a simple bandage to cover your incision. I actually also overheard a CNA tell a
75 year old woman who was only a week out from a hip replacement to get in bed on her own-that she needed to start doing it herself instead of calling them for every little thing. I was appalled and encouraged this woman to report her. The dining room is great and I really feel that the staff there goes out of their way to make sure everyone is happy and pleased with their meals and nutritional needs are met, however when several of us brought to the CNAs attention that some of the patients needed help opening packets of butter or fixing their coffee we we were told to let that particular persons aide know.....whatever happened to team work? I along with several other patients spent every meal assisting others who needed it. Nuvista is a beautiful place and for the most part my stay there was very positive but I feel it was because I was a younger patient and stood my ground and wouldn't let certain people bully me. I read a couple of the other reviews and folks are totally correct when stating that you could ring for an aid to come in and at times it would take an hour or more for someone to arrive. Or an aid would come in and say I'll let the nurse know you need your pain medicine.... 30 minutes would pass you would hit the buzzer again... another Aid would come in and tell you the same thing. You see they're very quick to turn that buzzer off in your room because it looks like you've been helped.... on one particular occasion it took me an hour and 40 minutes to get my pain medication and that's because my daughter finally went in search of the nurse who then said she was never told anything. The administrative staff and the physical therapy is absolutely top-notch. I feel the positive does outweigh the negative and those negatives could be corrected easily. Sincerely...[Removed]

Wanna sit in your own urine?

Sad the rating is a zero but I'm forced to pick 1 star. Should be negative 100.
This place by far is the worst place. They don't respond to calls for help nor take you to eat. They let you lay in your own urine. The response is we're to busy. But not to busy to lie. The dining room is another joke. Sad this is now they treat seniors. The administrative staff is inept and I caring and this makes me sick. The staff needs to be replaced and fired. Thank goodness I was there to help my mother otherwise heaven knows what would of happened to her.

Who cares how clean when they let your mother sit in urine because she locked in a bed and there to busy. Pathetic response to basic human needs. Our seniors need and deserve better. The best thing that should happen is to close this building and they should be sited as no one does what they are suppose to do. Another example of a CEO taking money and not providing proper service for the people they are suppose to be caring for. The laws of the human decency are ignored here. If your not there to check on your loved one human decency is ignored.

worst stay ever

Sad to say, Had to leave earlier then time needed for recovery. Food was excellent and PT was great but the medical side and the aides where the worsted. The place looks beautiful but the care from the aides where the worst I ever experiened. These girls are not doing the patient a favor to take care of them. When someone needs care it shouldn't be that the patient is left unattended, and when you ring the bell for help hopefully someone can come within an hour!!!!! One night I waited almost 2 hours for assitance. I asked for a discharge in less then 2 wks for a needed stay of 6 weeks. But it was so terrible I just wanted to go home

You wont get rest here!!

I am in this facility now for recoup from bilateral knee surgery, In the 2 days that i have been here i can tell you that most of the time if u call the front desk it will ring and ring..sometimes u will get help sometimes not , sometimes Anything u ask the staff for u may get it by ur 3rd request..dont know if they just dont care or forget. Its up to u to remember what ur supposed to do medicines etc. Sometimes they remember sometimes they dont. The staff seems nice enough but when ur in a place like this and u need help u shouldnt have to constantly be reminding staff over and over...its their job to know. You will not get any rest here.

Dean Tendrich

Dear Ms. Doe. I just read your feedback about your stay at NuVista Living short-term, inpatient rehab. Our front desk is for receiving of customers and their families. I am guessing you meant to say, nurses station? We track all calls from our patients...we have the quickest reply times in the marketplace so it's surprises me to hear about your experiences. NuVista is also the most technologically, advanced post-acute settings on the planet right now. Everything we do at NuVista is coordinated and customized to the needs of the patient. All medicines are scheduled through the computer and dispensed accordingly. Your feedback in places refers to "they" so it's hard to directly reply to your concerns but be assured that NuVista is the best place you could have possibly picked to do your rehab. I invite you to call me (Dean) or Robert directly to discuss any issues. I can be reached at [removed] and Robert can be reached at the community which is [removed]. Thank you for your feedback. We take every comment seriously... we do strive for perfection and hit the mark more often than not. That said, your experience was poor and we care about that very much. If you are up to it, please call!

Stay away

STAY AWAY!!! This place may look appealing but is far from good. My mother had a hip replacement and we decided to go to Nuvista, big mistake! [removed] Horrible experience!!

Dean Tendrich

Very sorry to hear see your feedback about your experiences at NuVista Living. Unfortunately I wish you would provide a little more in the way of specifics about your experience. This is a very rare review as you can see from others and their experiences. While we try to please everyone our number one goal is to focus on getting the patient back to their life as soon as possible in a safe and expeditious way. I invite you to call NuVista and speak with Robert Campion (our CEO) or feel free to call me directly to talk about your experience, if you are so inclined. My name is Dean Tendrich and you can call me directly at [removed]. NuVista has quickly become the leader in post-acute care and we take pride in the job we do for every single patient and their families. I hope we can speak soon to address your concerns.

Awful facility with the worst doctor care I have ever seen, I would not send my worst enemy here. On the surface NuVista is a nice, newish, clean facility, the nurses are fantastic but the are in a 15/1 patient to nurse ratio, the argumentative "doctors" at NuVista are nothing more than pill pushers [removed]
If you care at all about your family do NOT send them to NuVista

Dean Tendrich

NuVista Living staff and management are very proud of the World Class care we offer. NuVista looks after each and every patient during and after their stay at NuVista. If possible we would like to learn how to serve you better....Our Nursing ratios are well below what regulations call for. It is true that during the overnight hours our ratios for Nurses to patients creeps to about 20 to 1 which is more that regulators call for. during the dayshift our ratios are 12-1....CNA's are also plentiful at NuVista as we keep dayside staffing at about 5 to 1. It's hard to address "argumentative" via this reply as the information is vague and somewhat subjective. We invite you to share your concerns, openly with our staff or you can call me directly if you wish. My name is Dean and my number is [removed]. Thank you for your feedback. NuVista continues to excel and provide the best care and outcomes in the industry.

NuVista - Wellington Green: The New Standard Bearer For Quality Assisted Living

If you are looking for the premier model of superior Senior Assisted Living, look no further than NuVista at Wellington Green. Step into this facility and the stereotypes of senior assisted living vanish. Here you find modern, lovely rooms and public areas that are more akin to a luxury cruise ship. NuVista features excellent food typically seen in a highly rated restaurant and a friendly staff actively maintaining the highest level of cleanliness. On-site medical team members/assistants are attentive, friendly, and the price for NuVista is excellent. You could certainly pay more (for less) but why? The highest praise goes to the NuVista management team. Engaged at all levels of operation, this team is sincere and attentive. They are never too busy to take/return phone calls, tour the facility, or to work with you regarding a senior's particular situation. The NuVista management team made my father's final days memorable for all the right reasons. You simply cannot do better - period.

Thomas,

Thank you so much for your feedback. NuVista is a new view to healthcare and people are starting to see the light that you have seen. Sorry for the loss of your dad...if you should need us down the road we look forward to serving your family. Regards, Dean.

Great looking place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. NuVista was a very nice looking place, and was near the top of our list out of all the places we looked at. It is clean, well kept, and definitely somewhere we considered for our loved one.

Dean Tendrich

Thank you! NuVista is relatively new construction with all the latest "Bells and Whistles"...in addition to having the latest and greatest we have the staff that makes our community the success that it has become. We are a family here and we look forward to everyday with our residents.

Very happy with Nu Vista Wellington

My mother moved into Nu Vista in April of this year. This place is very clean and the staff has been very helpful to my mother, especially with her medicines and other medical issues, I can't say enough about Tricia, the charge nurse, who has been very helpful with my mother. I have been in many ALF's and independent living facilities due to my profession and I feel one would be hard pressed to find a better place for a family member.

Dean Tendrich

Burt...thank you very much for your review of NuVista's Assisted Living Community. We adore your mom and she is a vital part of our community. We are very happy that your family is part of ours. Thank you.

NU VISTA ALF - a great home for Mom.

My mother has been a part of the NuVista ALF family for over 2 1/2 years. It is a big adjustment when one's parent comes to the point of losing their independence and requiring assistance with routine daily tasks. Nu Vista has been a godsend. The facility is lovely and has been kept up extremely well. The atmosphere is very elegant, yet there is a comfortable feeling you get when you are living there. The staff has been through some changes over the years but the people working there are dedicated, caring and very helpful. There have been some road bumps but all issues have been given proper consideration and handled in a professional manner. I live within 5 minutes of the facility so I am there a lot and I can say honestly that I am very happy that I found it and even happier knowing that when I am away my mother will be in good hands with people that truly care about her.

Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to review NuVista Living on SeniorAdvisor.com. When others read your feelings and thoughts it will help guide them to hope. Many people avoid assisted living communities for the wrong reasons...you views and thoughts can help families do the right thing if they find the right place. We should be thanking you. Your mom is wonderful and we feel honored to have her as a resident. Sometimes life throws a curve ball....it's how you deal with that curve that can help define you. I'm glad we are meeting your needs and moms..it's critical for us to know that you are indeed pleased and very happy. Happy new year...we look forward to the coming year with you and mom.

NuVista Living is a wonderful facility

My Mom moved into Nu Vista about 2 months ago. She transferred from another facility.
We are extremely happy with this facility. Dean and staff are wonderful to work with and go above and beyond to help with any situation that arises.
They truly care about the well being and happiness of their residents and continue to look for ways to improve.
The facility is very clean, attractively decorated, the food is great and there are plenty of activities to choose from.
I am very happy to have made the move for my Mom and would highly recommend this facility.

Tammy,

Your review means the world to us. Our best customer is someone who knows their options. Their are many options out there for Assisted Living...Your mom is absolutely perfect! Your mom is a wonderful addition to NuVista Living and is a model resident. She enjoys her activities as well as her privacy when she wants it...We are looking forward to the many years ahead we have together with your mom. Thank you for giving us the chance to care for her and to show her what a lifestyle can be!

A very special wonderful place Nuvista!

Dorothy said it best in the Wizard of Oz there's no place like home and for my mom who couldn't stay in her own home Nuvista was home. The caring kind professional staff and the management team all worked together to provide my mom a wonderful safe caring environment where she had support made lovely new friends and enjoyed a sense of community . In turn this provided our family with comfort and peace knowing she was in the best assisted living community. We highly recommend Nuvista and are very grateful for their care of mom!

Laura,

On behalf of NuVista Living management and staff, thank you for your review. With your extensive experience in health care and your first knowledge of the aging process your feedback is hugely rewarding and satisfying. Thank you for allowing us to care for your mom.

We stumbled on this place by complete...

We stumbled on this place by complete accident while at Whole Foods, my sister and I were looking for a place for our parents and stopped for lunch, I remember asking my sister what is that building, is it a new hotel? Since I haven't been in the area in a while we decided to be nosy and drive over to check it out, and that's how we found NuVista Assisted Living.

We walked in without an appointment, meant Dean who manages the building who agreed to give us a tour and the rest was history. I do have to say that even though I didn't sign the contract that day I really felt like we found the perfect place from the moment I walked in the doors.

Dean was so helpful and explained everything to us so easily, there were no surprises with costs and fees, everything was laid out very easily. The best part is that mom and dad really are enjoying themselves at NuVista, I haven't seen them have this kind of social life in years.

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your feelings and review. We truly look at ourselves as team mates with the family in the care of their parents. Sometimes life happens (even without appointments) to work out for the best...Our life was made better by meeting you and your parents. Thank you for the trust you have in us. We will not let you down.

The best place for your loved one

nuvista has been a life saver in our family .. it all started in 2011, my father fell on the floor in his home where he lived alone at 88 years old. After he was found he was brought to the hospital. Now the search was on for rehab facilities, after going to about 10 of them nuvista was the place i wanted my dad to go to get the help he needed and deserved . I was met by warm loved smiling faces that truly cared about my dads well being. Dean showed me all around and explain everything in detail. So there became the journey and I knew that is was the right place for him. My dad went into the rehab side and they did wonders and got him back to him self, actually better than him self, however, myself and my siblings still wasn't convince enough that he would do well on his own again so we transferred him over to the assistant living side. The staff over there was absolutely amazing as they where in the rehab side. For a man that was so against it asking to go home like most people who are taking out of their element are for the beginning, ended up loving it there. The nurses and staff where always hands on and went above and beyond. Anytime I called no matter what time it was they would give me updates on my father. Living in new york I wasn't always able to be there as much as I wanted to but knowing these nurses and staff where there helped with the distance barrier. The food is excellent 3 meals a day, activities all day long for the residents (even though my dad didn't take part in them) any time i went the residents always looked like they where having a ball. The faculty is the cleanest place you will ever find. At 92 years old a few months ago my dad passed away it was the hardest time I have ever had if it wasn't for the nurses and staff at Nuvista and hospice ( dad was able to stay in his room) I don't know what I would have done they are amazing. Myself, my siblings and family will forever be grateful to this place for taking such great care of our father. I would highly recommend Nuvista any day to anyone who needs their parent or loved one to be cared for. They become your family as well thats how loving they are.

Nurses and staff .. Tammie T. , NKeshia B. , Renee R. , Sharon H. , Dean T and last but not least Trish I don't know how I would have handle things and kept it together with out them
thank you guys!!!!

Randi,

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our staff as they are the front line care providers. We will always be part of your family. Your family made us feel we played a part and role with your dad and for that we are forever grateful.

NuVista is a newly constructed, state-of-the-art Assisted Living Community with 52 private apartments attached to a Short-Term, Skilled, Physical Therapy Community with 120 beds.
NuVista Living offers the best of everything in an inclusive, value based pricing system.
Among other things that are included: All Meals, all utilities including long distance and local phone, cable, electric, laundry, 1 hour of daily assistance for Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and much more.
NuVista provides its residents with a life style that is second to none. Traditional Assisted living environments are outdated for todays needs. NuVista was designed and built with technology and environments of care to offer superior, world class care and lifestyle.