Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches - West Palm Beach, FL

I did not like the way their semi private rooms were set up, but this place was spotless! All the people living here was happy and involved in doing something. I would place my love one here and know I would not have to worry about their care.

Toured here also. ED said would work with me on cost if other facilities were lower. No answer for the "dog service". Will take dog, but cost of hiring walking service is prohibitive. Not an attractive or homey facility.

It seemed nice and has many of the amenities we are looking for. Just not sure it is the right fit for Mom. They were very hospitable, giving us a homemade apple pie after the tour!

My Aunt has been living at Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches for several months. She has received exceptional care. The staff goes above and beyond. I can tell how comfortable and safe she feels in her environment. Seeing her so happy really put me at ease. Thank you for all that you do.

My grandmother is a resident here. Since moving in, I have seen such a positive change in her. She is more social than I have seen her in years. They have so many activities for their residents to participate in. I have stayed for lunch many times. The food is very good and you have many options to choose from.

I was so impressed with the care my mother received at Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches. The staff was warm and so kind. They always went above and beyond for my mother and her needs. The clinical staff was extremely attentive and helpful. I always felt like my mother was safe and well taken care of. I would recommend Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

Couldn't meet mother's care needs.

My mother was at Savannah Court for 8 days. It's a very nice place but they did not have the license or skill set to meet her care needs. It was a costly mistake but Savannah Court would be a good option for other families.

Friendly staff bad food.

Savannah court's staff are mostly all very professional, friendly and caring. I placed my parents here and they have been well cared for. My only complaint would be the food that is served is not appealing to the residents who complain quite a bit. This should be very important because there are not many pleasures at this point in one's life and this is an easy one to fix. In addition the toilets give trouble in the rooms, this is also something serious that adds or takes away from quality of life.

Stephen Liebscher

Thank you for complimenting our staff and care. We will be taking your comments to heart and are working to improve our dining experience and appreciate your comments-

Friendly staff

The place is clean, food is pretty good and they have choices. Staff is friendly, unfortunately most of them don't last very long (corporate reasons?). Usually the replacement is as nice as the previous member. I would recommend the place.

I rate Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches a three which means fair. The bathrooms and carpets were dirty. The staff was helpful and pleasant, however,
it didn't have a clean and cheerful atmosphere.

Good care and value

This is a bigger community. We did not want a community that was that big and we did not want a community that had two levels. They do offer activities.The staff was very nice and caring. The meals seemed to be appealing and the other residents seem to be happy. Activities are offered to others who want to participate. We highly recommend this community to families for good care

Mom has responded well at this community!!

The staff could not be nicer at Savannah Court. They are great and they keep an eye on the residents. Mom likes the food and they offer a good variety of choices for a smaller community. The memory care unit is not as clean as I would like. They do have carpet in the area and I think it needs to be cleaned. They have an abundant amount of activities to help keep the residents active. I would recommend this community.

Good Tour

Our tour was very nice. Everyone was very kind and helpful. The community looked great and very clean. Everyone was nice and welcoming.

A Wonderful Community

This is a wonderful community. Everyone is very kind and helpful. My sister is doing very well here, she has adjusted well to it. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. I know she is safe and good hands here. They are providing her with great care. This is a community I would highly recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Too dark!

Savannah Court of Palm Beaches is nice but it is an older community. The style of the community is like bedrooms in a house. The wall paper is very dark and the doors are a very dark brown. The community could use some updating and paint. The staff were very well rounded and able to address all of my concerns.

Feels like home!!

I was not really open to the idea of moving into a community, at this time, however I have found that it was a great decision to move into Savannah Court. While the food is not that great the chef Jacque is willing to make changes and the quality has already started to improve. The community is very clean as well as they also offer carpeted floors, table cloths and cloth napkins. The staff is very friendly, cooperative and attentive to the residents. I was able to bring in my own belongings as well as my cat to make it feel more like home. Since I am a hermit I have not yet participated in any of the activities offered but I have made a few friends and although I am one of the younger residents I still feel very comfortable. I would recommend this community.

Trial Stay to Moving In

Recently, we settled my husband in their assisted living residence. I was very worried that he would really revolt! So, we used the services A Place for Mom, to help us narrow down the hundreds of choices. We looked at about 10 or so, narrowed them down to 4 and I took my husband to visit those. He was negative and resistent. Until, we walked into Savannah Court!
The staff were naturally warm and friendly - each one we met and he dropped his guard right away. They gave us a tour of the residence -which is charming and lovely- then took us to see the "model" room. He sat on the bed and asked if he could have "that room" -yes that's right he wanted the model room. They only hesitated for a minute before they said "sure" and that was it! We moved him for a 10 day trial period and he loved it there. He's been there just about a month know and has nothing but good things to say.
He has frontal temporal lobe dementia but is highly functional - really needs help with his medications, meals, and reminders and he is not in their memory care wing-however he could be transitioned there as things progress.

I am so grateful to them for working with me and I'm thrilled to peices how he's simply thriving in his new community. Prior to the move he was not getting showered or shaving, brushing his teeth -he refused almost any food except candy and sweets. He was often confused and turned around in our home and he has begun walking to the mailbox and around the block in his underwear! He claimed it was the same as his bathing suit!

Now, he is getting showered and dressed every day-going down for meals 3 X a day and participating in the various activities! I only wish I had done this 2 years ago as it would have saved lots of money (I was paying a caregiver so I could continue working) plus he would have been much happier! I believe most families wait too long and practically kill themselves trying to do a job they are simply not trained in. It takes a real professional to manage this disease and they are all wonderful professionals! Even the maintenance man who lets my husband 'supervise' him! He is going to teach a paper making class for the residents, he is completely centered in his new place.
It's a wonderful community and I'm deeply grateful. It's a real load off my shoulders and knowing he is happy makes me smile too,

Residents need more stimulation. Too much sitting and tv watching. Nurses need to be out checking on patients instead of in the office chatting.

Review of Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches - West Palm Beach, FL

this is also ALFMemory Care and Skilled Nursing. We are more interested in Independent Living

This facility has fantastic staff, but their experience with visually handicapped people is apparently limited or lacking training. There is no question but that their hearts are in the right place, but more training is needed from wait staff to housekeeping.

My mom is happy!

So far so good. My mother has only been there a few days, she fell and had to be taken to the local hospital. There was a little confusion over who she was, as the hospital did not read the paperwork sent from Savannah Court, but the ALF did their part. My mother is enjoying the place, the people, and even the food, she has gained weight and is now complaining about her weight! I have visited frequently and the staff is warm, friendly and attentive. I hope it continues.

Really Nice!

I think the staff is really nice.

Care more about money than Mom

Be careful when you initially meet with the "marketing team"! they are sales people and are only interested in getting you in quickly and filling the rooms. My mother-in-law went through their "assessment" process (10 minutes with a nurse) and they said she would be a good fit on the assisted living side. My wife stressed to them numerous times about her concerns with her mom trying to leave the facility and they said they would keep an eye on her and if she ever tried to walk out they would assist. Well the first day she tried to walk out several times so they locked her in the memory care side where she spent the entire day on a couch watching tv with late stage Alzheimer's patience. By the time I got that there that evening she was traumatized and her anxiety was through the roof. The head nurse said the only way she could stay on the assisted living side was if I hired a full time aid, otherwise I had to move her to the memory care side. I wish this nurse would have been on the initial assessment interview. I told them I could not do that to her and stated I would be bringing her home and moving her out. After only 30 hours at Savannah Courts they would not refund our money, or at least pro-rate a refund. Even after the administrator stated she didn't feel it handled properly either. They told me they needed a letter and 30 days notice to move out. Totally unprofessional and my wife and I feel we were mislead through the entire process. STAY AWAY from Savannah Courts.

just fine

My mom hasn't been at Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches very long so I cant really speak to how things are too much yet. We haven't had any issues so far. The value is fair. Everything else has been just fine.

very good

Our experience with Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches has been very good. They are very nice to my mother, and she is very happy there. There are few little tweaks that could be made which I am working with them on, but all in all they have been really good.

I do pay extra for the level of care my mother receives and while they do a great job I am not 100% certain that the extras we pay for are always there.

But overall they are really great and I would recommend them.

My mom has been at Savannah Courts for about a month and is receiving wonderful care. She is adjusting well and has made lots of friends. The nurses and all of the staff are making her feel welcome and special.

Great looking place!

After my visit with Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches I have decieded that I would not have to tour any other community. It was very nice, and we loved it there! If my parents decied to move to Flordia and into a community this is the place they will move into.

Friendly staff, but not a great atmosphere

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Everyone here seemed very nice, the staff were all friendly and helpful. However the community just didn't have a very uplifting atmosphere, it just felt drab and depressing.

Not a good place

Savannah Court is not a place for someone that needs assistance. They do not check on your parent. Your parent could lay on the floor of their room, for over an hour before anyone finds them. It is only good if you can take care of yourself and don't need any assistance unless it is to give you your medicine. I was very disappointed. Not a good place in my opinion.

Mother going back home

The staff was very nice, and the environment was lovely, but they were not able to meet the needs of my mother. The activities did not have the mental stimulation that my mother required. She is nearly 98 but felt that there was too much time spent playing childish games (She does not play games, or watch tv.). The recreation person is quite new in the job and has not had enough time to get a better program going. (My mother is very impatient, and I had no choice but to take her back home)
I had to intercede to see that she received her bathing assistance, and even then she didn't always. A consult with the visiting psychologist was never scheduled as requested. As a senior who doesn't eat meat or poultry, there wasn't always sufficient choice for her to eat beyond salads and eggs.
She has a problem with falling, and the staff was wonderful taking care of her when she had a fall.
The lock on her room door was not working, got fixed and broke again. Clearly there are some issues that need to be dealt with, but all in all I still like this facility.

Middle of the road

There is virtually no parking. The food is mediocre at best. The laundry service would be a three to a four. The best redeeming quality is that the staff is very friendly.

Very depressing environment...

Very depressing environment Didn't seem particularly clean

Not a good experience!

My mother was here for a year. If I only knew what I know now. If your loved one has dementia and is living in the "assisted living" section of this facility, don't expect much assistance. She was rarely bathed, she would be in the same clothes for days. Her clothes not washed. The staff does not know how to handle or care for people with dementia. Do yourself a huge favor and find a small facility . There are great ones with 10-14 residents and then your loved one will get the CARE they need!!!!

Bart Palumbo

Savannah Court strives to provide high quality service and support for all our residents. We wish you and your family well and would be happy to serve you again if needed.

Positive Feedback!

It is positive feedback, they seem to be very nice and they are treating my friend well. They have been very helpful throughout the whole process. Beverly Koltov, the admissions director, has been great. The nurses and the staff are all cooperative. There is a very nice feel all the through the whole place. Nothing bad to say about them!

Bart Palumbo

Thank you for your comments. Please continue to let us know how well we serve your friend.

Nice facility, rooms & outd...

Nice facility, rooms & outdoor space, longevity of staff, real food, met daughter who is very happy with father's care there. Entry $1500 + $1K refundable. AL $2800+350/650; Mem - , mdcd dvsn -

Bart Palumbo

Many thanks for your detailed comments, hoping we are able to serve you and your family soon.

20 resident within memory care unit c...

20 resident within memory care unit community, but part of larger Assisted Living community. Integrates with A.L. community. Outings once a week. Will take Medicaid diversion if eventually needed but would be in semi-private room. Nursing staff available 24/7. Drs come to community. Transportation within 10 mile radius for other doctors but requires private aid to go. Rehab staff available. Unfurnished, no refrigerator

Savannah Court assisted living and Savannah Cottage memory and Alzheimer's care residence in West Palm can accommodate just over 100 residents. The Cove skilled nursing and rehabilitation center is small and intimate allowing for optimal care with only 30 residents. The entire community offers personal services to all residents, their families and our guests. Soothing, yet striking colors, decor and style are located throughout the many common areas.

For breakfast, lunch and dinner, our chef supervised meals are served restaurant style offering a superb assortment of flavorful meal options to satisfy various preferences. The Court, Cottage and Cove have their own dining room and the service is uniquely tailored for each area. The teams of well trained associates are committed to providing the services that you deserve. We provide housekeeping, linen and laundry, maintenance, and so much more! So sit back and let us take care of the chores, while you enjoy your retirement. This is senior assisted living at its finest.

Our activities program is truly unparalleled and specifically designed for each residence within the community! From instructor lead exercise classes, to arts and crafts sessions, to in-house live performances and educational seminars, there is so much to choose from. Savannah Court also offers scheduled transportation to medical appointments. And if you are ready to spend a day on the town, there are many planned transportation opportunities available. Join other residents and enjoy local shopping, cultural events or dining at a local restaurant. Our bus stays on the road and the activities calendar is always exciting and full!

West Palm Beach, in Palm Beach County, Florida is the 20th largest community in Florida. With 108,896 residents living in 53 neighborhoods, the city is a mix of both white- and blue-collar workers, most in sales, service industries, senior management, and other professions. True West Palm Beach demographics debunk the myth that this city exclusively houses wealthy residents. It presents itself as a city of contrasting realities, rich and poor, young and old, native and transplanted from other locales.

City Info

Because of its location on the southeastern shore, it offers many waterfront activities for both ethnically diverse residents and visitors. About 23.64 percent of residents are Hispanic, and foreign-born people are 26.9 percent of the total city population. While English is the predominant language, you are also likely to hear Spanish and French Creole being spoken, as well.

- Walkability : With a walk score of 42, West Palm Beach is still a car-dependent city. The most walkable areas are downtown, Flamingo Park, and Pleasant City.

- Average Age : 39.4

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the 33401 Zip Code : There are 50 assisted living facilities within a 15-mile radius of West Palm Beach.

- Average Weather : The area reaches an annual low of only 67.8 degrees Fahrenheit, although in July and August, temperatures can reach as high as 90 degrees.

- Veterans Facilities : West Palm Beach VA Medical Center

Transportation

Brightline, a high-speed rail owned by private company All Aboard Florida, is under construction for the state of Florida. It will connect Miami to West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale and South Florida to Orlando.

- Buses : Palm Tran. Eligible seniors can receive a half-fare pass.

- Trains : Tri Rail, a commuter managed by the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA), connects Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. Seniors can qualilfy for an EASY pass.

- Taxis : West Palm Beach Taxi Service, OnCabs, Yello Cab

- Ride Shares : City of West Palm Beach Transportation Management Initiative. Uber and Lyft are also accessible by downloading apps.

Health and Safety

Although West Palm Beach surrounds seniors with luxury choices, its overall crime rate is 114 percent higher than the national average and 95 percent higher than the rest of Florida. You have a 1 in 17 chance of being a victim of a crime here.

- Hospitals in the Area : JFK Medical Center - North Campus, St. Mary's Medical Center, Good Samaritan Medical Center, Wellington Regional Medical Center

- Crime Rate : The city has a crime rate of 5, meaning it is safer than only 5 percent of other US cities.

Sports and Leisure

With more than 160 area public, private and resort courses, including The Honda Classic's headquarters, Palm Beach County has been dubbed Florida's Golf County. The biggest challenge golf lovers will have is finding a course that is not too busy. Residents also enjoy water sports, walks and cycle rides, dancing, archery, croquet, and Mounts Botanical Garden.

- Golf Courses : PGA National Resort & Spa, Banyan Cay Resort & Golf, West Palm Beach Golf Course, Seminole Golf Course in Juno Beach (named by Golf Digest one of the best in the world), Boca Raton Resort & Club, The Breakers Palm Beach, Bear Lakes Country Club

- Tennis Courts/Clubs : Howard Park Tennis Center, Seaview Tennis Center, Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Courts, Bath & Tennis Club, South Olive Tennis, Njoy Tennis Club (Wellington)

- Gyms : The Breakers Resort, CrossFit Liger, Palm Beach Gardens, BoxFit Palm Beach, Planet Fitness, Ultima Fitness Downtown, Rock Fitness Center

Shopping and Entertainment

Shoppers in West Palm Beach will have to toss a coin to decide where to start browsing. The famous Worth Avenue area has enough high-end designer boutiques and jewelry stores to make buyers feel like they have landed on the Rodeo Drive of the South. The Gardens Mall has more high-end anchor shops with 150 smaller stores. With the Mall at Wellington Green, Palm Beach Mall, Town Center at Boca Raton, a high-end Goodwill and Consignment Corner (intersection of County Road and Sunset Avenue), the budget conscious shopper will also feel right at home.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby : Rainbow Shops, Torrid, Saks Off 5th, City Girl Consignment, Nordstrom Rack, Hermione's Couture, Maus and Hoffman, H&M Men's Clothing, JC Western Wear

- Grocery Stores : Foodtown Supermarket, La Familia Grocery, Whole Foods, Aldi, Vintage Journey Market, Publix, Agora Mediterranean Market, Jerusalem Food Market, Crossroads Market and Deli

- Restaurants : Havana Restaurant, Avocado Grill, Pistache French Bistro, Agora Mediterranean Kitchen, Ta-boo (vegetarian), Nick's 50s Diner, Howley's, Bimini Twist, The Blind Monk, Grilled Cheese Gallery, Leopard Lounge & Restaurant, The Regional Kitchen and Public House, Cafe Boulud

- Movie Theaters : AMC CityPlace 20, Regal Cinemas Royal Palm Beach 18 RPX, Muvico Parisian IMAX

- Libraries : Mandel Public Libary of West Palm Beach, Okeechobee Boulevard Branch, Palm Beach County Library Annex, Palm Beach County Law Library, The Society of the Four Arts (King Library Programs)

- Senior-friendly Salons : Kerra and Co Hair Salon, Beautyfool Hair Studio, thedavidKspace Salon and Academy, Christopher Stephens Salon, D Ladauti Master Haircolorist, 18/8 Fine Men's Salons, GoodFellas Barbershop, VIP Barber Shop

Religious Facilities

About 37.23 percent of the people in West Palm Beach affiliate with an organized religion. The majority of that group, 16.6 percent, are Catholic, and 5.52 percent practice another Christian faith. Jewish worshippers represent 2.85 percent. The remaining faiths are .88 percent Islamic, .47 percent Latter Day Saints, and .43 percent Eastern faiths.

- Faith and Worship Centers : Mary Immaculate Catholic Church, Faith Church, Family Church Downtown, Grace Fellowship Church, Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church, St. Ann's Catholic Church, Memorial Presbyterian Church, Payne Chapel AME Church, The Bridge Church, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Chabad of North Palm Beach Island, Temple Emanu-El of Palm Beach, Muslim Community of Palm Beach, Islamic Center of Palm Beach