The Conservatory at North Austin - Austin, TX

• Pool

A Great Place

My mother has been at the Conservatory for about three weeks now, and it's been great. It's an expensive place, but the food is great. My mother is eating very well here. The other residents are very friendly, which gives her a lot of opportunities for socialization. The staff is generally very friendly and helpful, they know my mother already, her likes and dislikes, but there seem to be some issues with miscommunication. The management has been difficult to work with at times over rules and services that we thought they offered. I don't feel that all our expectations are met at all times. Over all though, I think it's a great place for my mother, and I'm seeing her happier than I have in a long time.

Nothing Special

I drove by The Conservatory while looking at places for my loved one. I honestly didn’t even bother to go in for a tour because it just looked like most of the other places I’d been seeing. There really wasn’t anything special about this community, and it didn’t have the comfortable look I was hoping for.

Depressing Atmosphere!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I was not very impressed with this place at all. It was a very dark living environment and everything seemed to be very outdated in the building. I almost felt sorry for the residents that they where in such a depressing atmosphere all the time. I also did not like that you had to go out of the building into another one just to get to the dinning room. It just was not a good place for seniors to be living in my opinion.

I can't seem to narrow down what it is was but something just didn't seem like this would be the right atmosphere for my mother. The place was nice and the staff was friendly and helpful The community was a little large however everything was clean and furnished nicely. They have a nice pool for residents. They seem to offer quite a few things to do and events.

My Friend Loves it Here

My friend is very satisfied with her move to this community. She is doing very well, and everything has worked out great with her move here. The comfortable, and she feels like she is at home. This is a community I would recommend, it is nice facility.

We toured this community and the staff were very nice. The community is clean and felt A beautiful enviroment which was like a high end resort Alot of great activities. The community offers wonderful activities and so many to choose from. They offer differnt meal plans. We wanted her to socialize. We would highly recommend this community for great care for a loved one. A great value for great care.

Change in staff!!

The Conservatory had a recent change in staff and we liked the new staff better than the old. The new staff was more professional and experienced. What we liked about this place during our tour was the fact that they had happy hour, Also, they had political discussions which were monitored. The architecture was older and more traditional. My mother did not like that they only served 2 meals a day and if you wanted 3 it was a big price difference. Also, the food was buffet style so it could have sat there for a while. The people who ran the place were great, but it was not what we were looking for.

It Was An Enjoyable Time For My Mom

My mom is moving out and while she was here, she enjoyed everything. She ate very good meals. They had activities available but she did not have time to participate, she had many guests and was out of the community a lot. All the staff are very nice. Her apartment had good weekly housekeeping. They did not damage or misplace anything in her apartment. I would recommend this community to my friends or family.

A wonderful Decision!!

I am thrilled with our decision to chose The Conservatory. We have partaken in happy hour every day, they have it 6 days a week. We've been having a wonderful time making new friends. The care and services are wonderful here. The food is delicious, I could not be any more pleased with our experience here. I highly recommend this place!

Good Care

We toured this community for care for my mom. The staff was nice and able to answer my questions on the care that is available here. They have a nice menu with a good variety. They do offer activities for those who want to participate. We recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

We Like This Community

We are still unpacking for our move to this community. So far we do like it here. Everything is going well and we are pleased. It is a lovely community with friendly people. The community looks great and very well maintained. They have wonderful staff here. We are pleased with all they have done for us.

A Good Community For My Mother

Everything has worked out well for my mother here, I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. She is really getting involved in the community, she has met a few new people. She also enjoys the activities. They do a good job with the cleanliness, her room and the community are very well-kept. The meals are fair. This really is a good place for her to be. I know they are providing her with good. I would highly recommend this community.

Great place for your loved ones.

One year ago on this date, my Father moved into these apartments. It was his decision to make this move & I was not forced to put him somewhere. We toured many places before we decided on The Conservatory at WB.

This has been great for him. They have lots of activities in which he partipates and a nice community which he feels like he is part of.

It has a very nice atmosphere and lots of nice amenities. I could not be happier with his decision to move here.

First & Best Experience

My mom has lived at The Conservatory at Wells Branch for 6 years and absolutely loves life there. In fact, I'm having trouble enticing her to move closer to me because no other facility measures up to the high standard set by the Conservatory in Austin. Giving up your house does NOT mean giving up your independence and my mother's lifestyle is proof positive. She has made so many friends, enjoys the trips & meeting for lunch everyday with her close friends. The food is excellent and, of course, she is eating a much healthier, balanced diet than when she was living alone. Leaving behind the worries and expense of maintaining her own home has allowed her to more fully enjoy her life and leisure time. I am happy because she is so happy!

We love the Conservatory at Wells Branch

My mother loves the Conservatory at Wells Branch. They really care about their residents and their well being.
There are so many activities for the residents to pick from that they will never be board!!
We love our choice of The Conservatory at Wells Branch.

Review of The Conservatory at Wells Branch - Austin, TX

Upscale living independent living community. Expensive but seems worth the cost.

The conservatory used to be a lovely place. When seniors moved in they were welcomed warmly, but all has changed since [name removed] started running that place and her fellow colleague [name removed]. The maintenance of the place has ggone to zero. No light bulbs on hallways, safety hazard for the seniors, the air conditioners of various apartments breaking down , seniors go for 2 days without ac. The dining room staff changes without notice ( very high turnover). [name removed] is very nosy and wants to know private details of the seniors that dont even pertain to her. She pretends to be very lovely when the family members are around, but she talks down to seniors who have memory issues. The managers need to dress appropriately and be proffesional. Many seniors complain that their suggestions dont matter at all to the management. [name removed] Bottom line they need to hire a manager who can manage and has experience . [name removed] is running the conservatory to the ground. Take alook at the census there too many empty apartments, so what do the marketing team do ??? They move anyone there , some whom don't even belong to independent living. They are just money hungry.

Vicky [last name removed] was wonderful. Any business would be fortunate to have someone like her. She was helpful in every way and held my hand throughout the process.

great place

The food at The Conservatory at Wells Branch was great when we first moved in, but it has gone a little downhill recently, so we are a little worried about that.

The staff there are all really great. The facility is very nice, clean, and lovely, from the rooms, to the dining area, to the pool and everything else - very lovely and well kept.

It is a good community. The cleanliness of the facility is good and always is. I don't have any other comments or complaints at the moment.

Very pleased.

We have been very satisfied since mom moved in a month ago. She has made the transition very well and met many interesting residents. The staff has been great!

We like The Conservatory very much, but the other option we have selected is nearer to our daughter's home in Austin.

Conservatory at Wells Branch

My dad picked this place after touring several others because of the kindness of the staff, the quality of the facility, and the variety of activities, which include more intellectually-stimulating and physical activities.

I have been really impressed with them.

I am just overwhelmed, with how good they take care of their people. The time they take to understand and know what they need,is really good. She just loves this place, she really enjoys it. They take their bags of candy in bingo very seriously. I haven't been disappointed in the staff at all, not once. For the price and the location, they are the bang for your buck. The only thing is, I wish that she could move to assisted living here when she needs it, but they don't have it. The food is pretty good, some things are better than others, and cheesecake is amazing.

It's very clean and the staff is very friendly.

It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. The food is the only thing, the food is good, and the selection is very nice, but they will sometimes run out of stuff. If you don't get down to the dining room quick enough you might miss out on some of the more popular items. When we got there, there was a maintenance issue, and it took a few days to get it fixed, and there is only one person to fix things, so it can take a while. We chose them because my mom liked the overall atmosphere, and the presentation, and the amenities, and they have a pool.

Everything overall is really good.

Everything overall is really good. The food can be hit or miss. They do some things well and some are overcooked. I would like to see some sort of on-boarding or something for new residents, for the first thirty days or so, to get them introduced to the community. We chose them because they were great value for the dollar and if my father were to pass away, I knew we would be able to move my mother into a one bedroom at a lower cost that she would be able to afford without his income.

Very nice place, great dining service!

Overall I think they've done a great job at The Conservatory at Wells Branch. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly. One thing I've been particularly impressed with is the food, my loved one has had nothing but good things to say about the meals!

Welcoming and friendly staff!

Things have gone very well at The Convervatory so far! It's a nice looking, clean community and the staff have all been very friendly. I thought they did a great job welcoming my parents to the community. The day they arrived the staff had hung a marquee over the front desk with their names on it! And even after moving in the service from the sales staff has been spectacular, we had some additional questions and one of the sales girls was happy to show up to answer some questions for us on one of her days off.

only been here a week - but I like it...

only been here a week - but I like it so far

Cindy Martin was outstandin...

Cindy Martin was outstanding! This entire experience from the moment we walked in until we left 2 hrs later was excellent.

Overall it's very good

Overall it's very good, we are very pleased with them so far. I really don't have anything I would change, or improve, nothing I would complain about.

We had a lovely tour. Papa...

We had a lovely tour. Papa is not mobile enough to negotiate the numerous walkways and locking and unlocking the inside/outside doors. However, for truly independent residents, it's wonderful. The residents were very active and the dining was quite pleasant, especially since the buffet goes on much of the day.

Active Senior Living

I visited 6 communities in Austin with my mother in March, and we were both immediately impressed by The Conservatory. After all of our tours my mother stated that she liked The Conservatory the best but wouldn't want to give up her house for at least a year. After sleeping on it for several nights, she surprised me by saying she had changed her mind and was ready to sign a lease, put her house on the market, and enjoy a new way of life. She moved in May and is very happy. I visited at the end of May and feel so happy for her. A new company now owns The Conservatory, and I hope they maintain the great standards and friendly atmosphere that is present now. I highly recommend this community for any senior who wants to be active and pampered.

Conservatory at Wells Branch saved our familys' desperate situation!

From the initial tour, my mom, my cousin and i were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and welcoming attitude of both staff and other residents at The Conservatory. Food was outstanding and the decor and cleanliness of the buildings and apartments were impeccable. My mother is extremely particular and she insisted on moving in the day she saw it. I never knew it would be this easy, I recommend The Conservatory for any one who is wanting a community and a little help with daily living in a safe and positive environment that is affordable in comparison to most elderly living facilities.

The Conservatory at Wells B...

The Conservatory at Wells Branch is a cordial, friendly, elegant Senior Living Facility. I met a few Residents and everyone made me feel so welcome. Pat answered my questions and I felt no pressure to rush into my two year plan of moving into a Senior Community. I didn't stay for lunch on my visit, Pat suggested whenever I wanted to come back for lunch she would arrange for me to sit with the three nice ladies I met. I left feeling like a Resident.

The food is okay.

I have had much experience with the care services yet. The activities are boring. Most of the people are in their eighties or older and most of them have difficult in verbalizing. That leaves about forty percent of the people who can have a conversation. That makes it more difficult. The food is okay.

It’s a very welcoming community.

It’s a very welcoming community. There haven’t been any problems with the laundry or the food. I thought all the categories were excellent.

Great

It was my first encounter with A Place for Mom. I found them extremely helpful. One call and in just a bit I had emails in my inbox with tons of information. I would highly recommend using them.

Fun and Engaging

It is going well, my mom is having to adjust. It is a whole new thing for her. I don't think she participates in activities, but she did take the bus to the grocery store. I like that she is starting to use some of their services. One of the things that I like best is that the meals are always buffet style. It makes people stand up and stand in line which is always good, and she gets a choice in what she gets to eat. She has a one bedroom apartment. That is very helpful because it's her own space. They have a full kitchen in the apartments because they only serve breakfast and either lunch or dinner with brunch on Sunday. The people living there were very active and engaging. That drew us the most. The staff remembers her name and calls her by name. At happy hour they talk to each other and have a lot of fun. My mom loved the idea that this place has guest suites. My brother has come to visit and stay with her a couple times. He was also very pleased with the place.

Senior Dorm. Good location...

Senior Dorm. Good location 45 or mopas. Has swimming pool. Little crowed around elevators Sent a 2 - 3 day pass available

Very, very ritzy. Two bedr...

Very, very ritzy. Two bedrooms. Devoted to keeping people independent, but seem to have access to assisted services.

Physical space is very dark. She fel...

Physical space is very dark. She felt it was too far from central Austin. Food was great.

Beautiful facility but too far.

Beautiful facility but too far.

ahhh. pretty. balcony. 690 sq ft. poo...

ahhh. pretty. balcony. 690 sq ft. pool. chef. activities, wellness. HOWEVER. no continuous care. assisted living available.

Very nice; good lunch;reasonable rates.

Very nice; good lunch;reasonable rates.

I love this one and the director is t...

I love this one and the director is the best

Excellent quarters. Food very good, ...

Excellent quarters. Food very good, lots of activities, full ammenities for us. Fair price, staff very friendly. Some concerns about only 1 meal daily although cooking in the apartment would not be a challenge. Pool and spa need attention before they can be safely used.

Liked this one.

Liked this one.

Loved it - will take Mom.

Loved it - will take Mom.

The food was great - they have a chef...

The food was great - they have a chef from local school. Lovely decorating in common areas. Has a heated pool. Only have outside activities once a month. Apts are 1100sq ft. They do allow pets, usually just 2, but could work with having 3 small ones. I would be concerned about disruption of taking dogs through hallway to go outside. Average age is 70, hm - only saw white haired folks, maybe closer to 80.

2800/m + care incl 30 meals, full ki...

2800/m + care incl 30 meals, full kitchen. Utilities included except phone/internet. I loved this place. It felt like a luxury resort, even with the walkers and wheelchairs in evidence. People seemed content to live there or work there.

Discover an engaging retirement community where unparalleled luxury and impeccable service are always the order of the day - where scores of carefully orchestrated amenities blend seamlessly together to foster a lifestyle of active independence.

The Conservatory at Wells Branch is a distinctive Austin senior living community, boasting elegant architecture and thoughtful interior design resulting in a warm comfortable residential environment. The Conservatory offers both the timeless style and timely service that set the stage for you to enjoy a truly exceptional standard of independent senior living.

Community Features
•Delicious chef-prepared gourmet meals in the elegant
Grand Conservatory dining room
•A wide variety of thirty creative and well-balanced meals included
in the monthly fee
•Personalized fitness programs and wellness classes: Pilates® and Aqua Aerobics
•Brain Fitness Program from Posit Science®
•Full-time Social Director focused on residents' diverse interests and programs
•The Starlite Theatre: In-house 40-seat movie theater with surround sound
•State-of-the-art monitored emergency response system
•Signature Salon and Barber Services available including manicures/pedicures
•Multi-passenger bus and luxury car transportation to nearby shopping and personal appointments
•Resort-style pool and spa
•Arts and Crafts studio
•Beautifully appointed Resident Lounge
•Business Center
•Card and Game Room

Apartment Features
•Granite countertops and backsplash with tile flooring in every kitchen
•Stainless steel kitchen appliances
•Private balconies or patios in every apartment
•Access to high-speed internet and cable TV
•Spacious walk-in closets
•Gorgeous bathrooms with oversized mirrors and beautiful imported
marble vanities
•Bathrooms also include wood cabinetry and tile flooring
•Seated walk-in shower enclosure
•Washer/dryer connections
•Individually controlled heating and cooling systems