The Carlisle Palm Beach - Lantana, FL

Change is good

There have been many changes lately and a lot of us didn’t know what was going to happen but I’m happy to say things seem to be for the better. The staff that remained has stepped up and the residents and I can feel it and appreciate it. The Carlisle has always been the best of the best and we are happy to call it home.

Happy Place

Awesome place, had the pleasure of spending some time their. Fabulous Staff. Can’t say enough about them
[Name removed]

Valet

This community has always been one of my favorite to visit. I am a traveling nurse and go to many so I’m able to see the good from the bad and this one happens to be one of the best. However I was always frustrated as I could never park when I visited my patients. Today that changed as I pulled up and there was valet parking. Hands down this community needed it and I’m so glad they finally got it. Now I don’t have to worry about where to park when I go see my patients. Well done Carlisle for making your community that much better!

Happy Daughter

My mother has lived as this community for almost a year now, it truly has been the best thing for her. She has met so many amazing people and is able to enjoy life every day. The staff is beyond exceptional from the housekeeper to the driver, to the management. We went to so many communities when looking for a place for her and I am happy we found The Carlisle.

Beautiful Community, Father Doing Well

Everything is working out well for my father with his move to this community. I do feel comfortable with his move here. He is safe, and in good hands. This is a beautiful community, and I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad your father is making his home here with us!

Good On-Going Care

The staff are knowledgeable at providing the care that is needed for my mom. They have been great since I was working with them from the start. I see they are very organized and thoughtful. The facility itself looks very clean from what I have seen when I visited. They do a pretty good job. We have family who are always available, there is no need to call a nurse.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

A great tour for care

I toured this community. The staff were nice and answered my question. The menu was very appealing and the list of activities would have been helpful. This is a clean community and other families might tour this community for good care

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Forever Grateful

My mother moved into The Carlisle last December. She came to you as a lost sheep, aware of her slipping memory and low on optimism. Now she has new friends and is back to her old self, using her positive attitude to help remind others how good they have it at the Carlisle and to think positive. (She told me about the big meeting a few days or weeks ago and was disappointed in residents for complaining so much).

Beginning with [removed] who was quite patient with me as I went back and forth, giving her mixed signals while I navigated two brothers who resisted agreeing to the cost for my mother's care, even though my father and she planned for this time in her life. With full power of attorney I prevailed, and I managed to kept intact our relationships, thankfully.

[removed] was so kind and patient to us as she interviewed my mother during her pre-admission meeting. And none of the nursing staff has ever made my mother feel insecure. They have always been very kind and respectful to her. Actually, everyone has.

[removed] is a ray of sunshine in a place where light can be eclipsed by the sad signs of aging. She was simply amazing as I tried to navigate the mechanics of moving my mom, staying accessible every step of the way. She truly helps the sunshine brightly for the residents who live there. (My mother wants to introduce her to my son [removed], but I reminded her he lives out of state).

I'd also like to mention how nutritious and tasty the food is. Being a gourmet cook, my mother still recognizes quality ingredients and recipes and is thrilled she has not wanted to turn on the stove. She even looks forward to her meals - so a shout out to the chef.

My brothers have both noted that we cannot get in touch with her anymore as she is always out and about, going here and there. And we no longer worry about her being alone. We're just thrilled for her.

I am sure there are many more people I left out who helped with this continued transition and my brothers and I are sincerely grateful to you and all of your employees.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so very much for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and are delighted that your mother is enjoying her new home! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and their families, and your input helps us achieve that goal!

Excited for the future

We had a wonderful visit to this facility. My wife and I toured several communities in the area. The woman who we met with was by far the icing on the cake for us. We met several sales people throughout this process and she spent the most time getting to know us and understanding our needs. In addition, we had the privilege of meeting several other staff members during our visits and even the Executive Director. Each person was better than the next. Every time we visited we could feel we were already becoming part of their family. We cannot wait to move in and look forward to adding years to our life at The Carlisle.

A wonderful place!

Th people are great here. I really like that they have so much to do with the residents. My loved one says the food is great. They always have everything nice and clean. I would recommend them to my friends.

5 star rating

I wish to thank everyone at the Carlisle for the great care they gave my mother during her stay in assisted living. I was always impressed with how everyone knew her name and would say hello as we walk through the buildings. All the aides from the wellness center were so kind to her and always looked out for her well-being. The nurses, pill distribution, PT and housekeeping staffs were always on top of everything. Her apartment was keep immaculately clean as were the hallways and common areas. This always impressed me. I also had many meals with my mother and the food was quite nice and the dining room staff was amazingly patient under sometime trying conditions. Thank you again for taking an interest in my mother and I would give you a 5 star rating.

In addition to The Carlisle being a beautiful place, the staff is on the ball and very knowledgeable.

Very nice place!

I would give The Carlisle Palm Peach high marks across the board! It's a beautiful, clean, bright facility, and the staff are top notch! I would highly recommend the place to anyone looking in the area!

Give thanks where thanks is due

My mother lived at the Carlisle in memory care since June 2015 until January 15th when she passed away.From the moment my brother Ross and I walked in looking for information until her passing, everyone we came into contact with was kind, caring and supportive at a very difficult time.I can't say enough about the care my mother received there. As my mother's dementia progressed she became increasingly physically combative and quite abstinent beyond reason.The entire staff of care givers along with Tricia [removed], Rhonda at the front desk, and especially aid Marie went above and beyond to make her comfortable as well as keeping me informed and at ease on a daily basis.

As a family we can't thank you enough. I was there numerous times a week and I never saw anything but patience and compassion given to each and every resident.

I believe in giving thanks where thanks is due, and we are so grateful.

Grass isn't always Greener

That expression, "The grass isn't always greener on the other side," is so true! I recently moved my husband from The Carlisle to move him to a brand new Assisted Living competitor which was closer to my home. After only a week, I realized I had made a big mistake. Just because they were new, their care was not as good as The Carlisle's Assisted Living. I called The Carlisle and they welcomed us back with open arms. We couldn't be any happier. The care my husband receives at The Carlisle is well worth my drive time!

quick process of getting my aunt in

It was very easy in terms of the process to get my aunt in there. She has been there about 6 weeks and it very simple and fast.

I am happy with The Carlisle,

I am happy with The Carlisle, though she isn't happy anywhere but home. There is one hall monitor that is careless and quite rude. Other than that, it's clean and orderly, and the therapists there do a wonderful job. The people that take care of her are excellent, top notch. It's just the hall monitor, and even after a complaint from more than one person, they don't do anything about her.

SLC Midwest

I am very sorry to hear this feedback regarding one of our staff. Rest assured at the Carlisle, customer service is extremely important to us. I want to thank you for pointing this out and bringing this to our attention. This type of situation will be used as a teaching and coaching tool with our staff. We really appreciate the positive feedback you have highlighted on your review. Please feel free to contact me, Chris Kochan at [removed] or [removed]

Attentive and compassionate staff

I helped to place a loved one in The Carlisle Palm Beach, and overall the experience has been a very positive one. I've had experience working in the senior care industry, and The Carlisle has really impressed me based on what I have seen during my tours and visits. The friend that I helped place here resides in their Memory Care unit, so these comments primarily pertain to that. I think the Alzheimer's and dementia care provided here is exceptional! The care staff show compassion and are always attentive to the residents needs, and everyone from the care staff to the receptionist have been nothing but friendly and professional. I've also been very impressed by their activities program. They encourage the residents to participate in the daily activities; and the visiting professional musicians provide the time for the residents to have some fun.
The Facility itself is well kept and clean, and I think the room layouts in the memory care section work very well. The shared units have separate bedrooms and a shared bathroom and kitchenette area, which allows the resident some private space while also having the price advantages of a shared room.

I really can't say enough good things about The Carlisle, it is a very nice place, and my friend has shown a lot of improvement since he moved in!

Beyond Happy

I toured this community for my mother last week. I met with Jillian Castellano who was beyond knowledgeable and made me feel so comfortable discussing my mom's current situation. Every single staff member we encountered seemed so happy to be working at such a beautiful place. All of the residents seemed just as happy to be living there. I was fortunate to also meet Tricia Tran who is in charge of the memory care program and again was so impressed with her knowledge and her passion for her job. I look forward to having my mother become a resident and recommend this community to everyone as I think I toured 10 others in the area.

I wish the apartments were bigger.

We are very pleased with the Carlisle and in the application/health assessment process for Mom and Dad. Beautiful ocean views and community opportunities.

Very nice looking place!

The Carlisle Palm Beach is a very nice looking place! We toured it while looking into senior living options for a loved one. We saw quite a few places in the area, and this one was at the top of our list. It was clean, well kept, and the staff were all very friendly. I would recommend it to other families looking in the area!

Please read this before you decide to place your loved ones in memory care at The Carlisle. I wish I had known beforehand the devastation that this would have on our 85 year old dad, a 20 year US Air Force test and fighter pilot and Korean War veteran. Dad has advanced dementia/Alzheimer’s disease and sometimes becomes agitated and combative. After our mother passed away in May 2014, I moved Dad down to South Florida to live in The Carlisle near me so I could visit him almost every day. We also hired 24/7 private aides to care for him at that facility. Perhaps being too new to memory care, The Carlisle has some untrained aides and nurses as it relates to defusing agitation/aggression. There are also some that are very good and are experienced and caring. At the end of January of 2015, unfortunately, The Carlisle felt they should call 911 as Dad became combative and the police report showed they were called about a “mentally ill person” and Baker-Acted him. I wish they had just told me to come and pick him up and never bring him back and I would have complied without hesitation. We were in the process of trying to get his meds right. A nightmare ensued of a total of 18 days in the hospital (2 ½ days in the psyche unit completely drugged) and 6 weeks later he is still in rehab trying to learn how to walk again. He lost 25 pounds, developed an infection and, mysteriously, acquired an acute fractured rib while in the 1st hospital visit. Please find out if any ALF that you are considering will handle these situations where your loved one and family might be put in the same devastating and life altering situation that our family is now in. I understand that a Florida representative is working on a new bill to present hopefully at the next session to change the laws of Baker-Acting dementia/Alzheimer’s patients.

Best choice for active seniors with hotel/resort ambiance

In searching for a place for my Mom - I looked everywhere in a 25 minute radius from Palm Beach Gardens at all price points. Her initial choice was the Allegro due to its compactness, hotel feel and newer construction. However, we were only able to get on a waiting list with no known dates. In expanding just a few minutes south, we found the Carlisle which is all that the Allegro is and more. Affordable (especially if you can make the larger up front payment), less than a block from the ocean and across the street from a small shopping center it has been renovated to have a hotel/resort ambiance. The two included meals are perfect and the food is almost too good. The staff does make an effort to introduce newcomers to potentially compatible people and encourages a broad enjoyment of activities. My Mom is almost too active - still playing tennis and walking for exercise at 83 - hoping we find more able and like minded people trying to stay young.

Staff has my mother engaged and happy

I like the physical aspects; the cleanliness, and the engagement of the staff. The staff are very engaged with the residents.

They have a good staff to patient ratio. My mother is more involved and more engaged than she was in her previous place.

It's a great location, not that close, but worth drive.

As of now, I'm really pleased.

Beautiful

It’s expensive, but all of these kinds of places are pricey. We don’t use a lot of care services as my loved one uses independent living. There a lot of activities. It’s a beautiful community. There is a little bit an issue of with the parking.

The food was good the facility is nice.

The food was good the facility is nice. It's clean and the people are friendly. If you go for independent living it's terriffic, but if you are in transition between independent and assisted it might not be the same. You can hire a service for home health, but otherwise the two areas are kept separate. They have some activities but it can be difficult to get into some games. There are a few men in the community but it is mostly women.

Nice looking place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. We really appreciated how quickly they got back to us, as when we were searching it was a bit of an emergency. They reached out to us within an hour of our request. It was a very nice community, and everyone that we spoke with was very friendly. Unfortunately it was a bit too far to be an option for us, but we were very impressed by what we saw!

Beautiful but Expensive

She lived at the Carlisle before we moved her to a more affordable place. The Carlisle is absolutely beautiful, but it's too expensive.

Beautiful looking, but some...

Beautiful looking, but something bothers me... Mean girls?

Surrounded by scenic ocean views and coastal breezes, The Carlisle’s premier location offers everything that’s special about Palm Beach. Neighboring the Ritz-Carlton and across the street from the sparkling blue Atlantic, the setting couldn't’t be more ideal. There is so much to enjoy: museums, galleries, the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, the Florida Stage, boutiques and cafes along Worth Avenue, golf courses, and cultural events to fill your calendar. Banks, hospitals and medical facilities are all nearby. And adjacent to The Carlisle, a journey of discovery awaits you at The Preserve, a six and one-half-acre maritime hammock and coastal park.