Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Oakland, NJ

Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Oakland, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • 24 hour care
  • Speech Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Respite Care

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Oakland Rehab has exceeded our expectations. When I brought other family members to the facility they feel the same way! My mother is so happy at the facility. One of the male nurses was a sweetheart. Many CNAs have especially helped our family. I want to call out all of them because each one is so helpful, nice and great! It was very clean actually. The family members that came to visit the facility with me - this is the first thing they noticed, just how clean the facility is! The dining staff are so accommodating. For example, the other night my mom ordered pizza and when it arrived it was not exactly something she wanted. When we mentioned this they provided her with a meal she would have preferred. The communication is excellent, too! Even the doctor has reached out to me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I would recommend Oakland Rehab to a friend!

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff was very accommodating and caring, from the nurses to the aides and the PT people. They were top notch. I plan on going back! Many staff members were great. They cleaned my room and it is very clean overall. I looked forward to the meals. They were very good about communicating with me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We have had many experiences at other facilities in our family, and Oakland has exceeded our expectations by far. From the front office, to maintenance, to kitchen, to nursing care, they have been absolutely incredible. The main difference we noticed is that at other facilities you tend to feel like a number - at Oakland, it is family! The feel of the facility is so different than what we've experienced - just a warm, friendly atmosphere that feels like home. They are always keeping me up to date and informed.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Overall I would recommend the experience at Oakland Rehab. I think that it should be mandatory for staff to wear ID badges at all times, as not all of them do.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I am very happy and they are very nice people. My mom has improved. So far I am very impressed with it. Their facility is very nice and very big. The therapists are very active and have very nice people helping. I liked one of the therapists in particular, who is very nice and attentive to my mother and helping her walk again. One of the nurses is very nice and very helpful. He gets information right away and takes care of things for us. He is a very good person. I like many of the staff. The lady at the front desk is very nice and helpful. She goes out of her way to help. The place looks good and it looks like they do a very good job. Sometimes my mom does not like the food but it looks good to me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

After the first day it was great. The rehab was excellent and very upbeat and terrific. The staff were great. If I asked for something they helped right away. They tried their best and not every patient is the same. There was a lot of miscommunication, though.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is very good. They have worked with her and are patient with her. The speech therapy is bothering her and there have been some pain issues, but other than that we are happy with facility. She is a difficult patient but is getting better. Many staff members have been wonderful with her. Oakland is very clean, they always polish the floors. The food is pretty good. They follow her diet and she ate all of her food.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I feel they are understaffed. The therapy seemed fine with one or two sessions. We liked the charge nurse and many of the staff. The side they took me on a tour was nice but not the side my dad is on.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It was nice and I am glad I am home. I like one of the nurses.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapy is very good. The nursing care is very good too. I like one of the nurses. They are really shorthanded but the staff are good. I know that it is the case across the board in facilities. I have to micromanage to make sure she is taken care of. There have been some things that they need to be more conscious about for personal care.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We are quite satisfied. We especially like the activities director and the PT guy.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is okay. My mother likes one of her aides. She is not happy there though.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff seem to be good and they were willing to help. It seemed to be pretty clean. Everybody seemed to be fine except the head nurse. The head nurse ignored him. They lost my husband's clothes, too. My husband asked for a doctor and we ended up having to contact the doctor to get him taken to the hospital. No one called me back about his clothes being lost, either. Also he was not thrilled with the meals.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything seems to be going very well and my loved one is progressing. Everyone is very friendly. We just had a care conference and everyone explained the plan to me as far as where my loved one is headed and his care needs. A good plan was set up for him along with a game plan for his care after discharge. They are being conservative with keeping him at the facility to make sure he is good to leave when that time comes. He hasn't had any complaints. The facility is spotless! Sometimes there is a slight issue with answering the call light and timing.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It has been phenomenal. They far exceeded my expectations. They are very helpful. The management staff has bent over backwards for us. The place is pretty clean. The food is hot and it is on time. The communication is good too.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Oakland is very good. My mother came from a different facility, and she has seen a lot more doctors and caregivers than a month of being at the other facility. The staff are unbelievably wonderful. The cleanliness is very good. My mother seems to be complaining about the food though. I tasted the meals and they look and taste good to me. I like the lady at the front desk, she does an outstanding job. The aides are a little slow with getting help to go to the bathroom. That is the only issue.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I have nothing but good things to mention! Oakland is a great facility. The care is great, the staff is amazing. I like them up there and my kids like them as well. I love the cleanliness. The whole place is immaculate and they keep it very clean! The cleanliness is one of the things I look for going into these facilities. The cleanliness shows the dedication of this facility. The aides are all in the mood to provide for the patients! They work for the patients. Even when they have a reason to get unraveled, they remain very calm. The bottom line is the people up there are good. The admission staff really helped me get through the admissions process. They are extremely pleasant to do business with. They are always asking me daily if there is anything they can do. We looked at about 4-5 places and my son liked Oakland the best. He and I were looking for the same types of things as far as patient care. We both agreed this was the place for her to be. One of the managers seems to be very good. The food wasn't bad at all - not your typical nursing home meal. I would definitely recommend Oakland!

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

When I went to see the facility I had an excellent tour and the staff followed up with a phone call. Everyone involved was extremely thorough with my mother's oxygen and they were highly competent. The admissions coordinator recognized me from last year and she followed up with a phone call after my mother passed away. She came late at night and they gave her a shrimp salad sandwich.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everybody is kind there. They seem to be meeting my loved one's needs for therapy. They are respectful. The nurse on the floor is wonderful.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything is okay. The care, food and staff are all good so far. There was a male nurse from Poland who went out of his way to help and another male nurse who was also wonderful.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

All of the staff is very good. My loved one likes a few of the staff members in particular. Sometimes she had some problems, though. The food is not chopped food for her to eat.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff have been very open and caring. We are struggling with memory care and wanting to be home, but I would recommend Oakland's care. The cleanliness has been really good.

This is our third time using Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center and they are very good. That's why we keep coming back.

The nurses were very attentive and are very compassionate people. A nurse called me today to see how my father is doing. He was actually bragging because the food tasted so good. They make really good meatballs, he said. They reach out often and let me know how things are going

He is pretty grumpy, but they do their best to make sure he's comfortable and they have a lot of patience. The physical therapy is helping him to use a walker

I think they do a really good job.

The quality of the food was good, but it was often cold by the time it got to her.

The place is very nice and the care was excellent. It would be nice if they offered a communal dining area where families can gather and share meals. I saw drastic changes in him after he started the rehab therapy.

The staffing was definitely adequate. The weekends were more quiet but they did have enough staff. He has seen some improvement from the therapy offered

The staff and therapists have been wonderful. The place is very clean. They let me know everything. I haven't spoken to the doctor personally, but the nurses keep me informed on what is going on.

The rehab was the only thing we are having some trouble with. They are not as available as they said they would be.

My wife is a difficult patient, but I think the nurses and staff is doing their best.

We were all very pleased with the way that everything was. The head nurse was compassionate and caring and made sure that she was truthful. The staff was very good to my mom. They are very diligent and on tasks. They kept me on top of everything

The rehab therapy off to a slow start, everyone's agenda was a little bit different. A little bit of dragging of the feet. If you don't mention something for the residents they don't get the fastest treatment. The menu selections are not very good for people of that age, my father has had hot dogs twice in a row and that is not very nutritious. They also have strange things on the menu like fish cakes. It all just does not sound very healthy. There is a meeting in the next 10 mins and it is the first meeting. We have to argue to get any information about the care and treatment plans for my father

My father was there 7 to 8 months ago before and the care was wonderful. This time around, they are lacking. They don't fold up or hang up his clothing. They just leave it all wrinkled. When he requests to go to the bathroom they don't go in time. The urinal container does not go where he eats, on the table. I have told the aides and housekeeping 2 times already and they are still doing it. In the very beginning he was complaining, now he is not complaining anymore. They made follow-up appointments, when he goes to appointments they don't tell me what happened. Dr [Removed] is wonderful. He visits my father outside of the rehab center he is very accommodating.

Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, a member of the distinguished Marquis Health Services family, is proud to introduce a whole new level of post acute care to the communities of Bergen, Passaic and Morris Counties.

A premier provider of subacute rehabilitation and skilled nursing services for more than a quarter century, Oakland is a CMS 5-star rated nursing home in Northern NJ delivering unparalleled short-term and long-term care in a newly renovated luxurious setting.