Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Oakland, NJ

Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center - Oakland, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • IV Therapy
  • Short Term Rehab
  • 24 hour care
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Certified Dementia Practioner

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I was here once before with my aunt. They took very good care of her and that's why I brought my husband. He is very happy with it, and I am really happy with that! The aides were 10/10! Everyone is very helpful, from the doctor to the dietitian. One of the directors is wonderful, she really cares. It's clean. They come in and change the sheets. I don't know who does the food, but the food that comes doesn't look appetizing. One issue is that they give them actual silverware, not the disposable type.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I have been pretty happy with it. They are very caring and I trust them with him. He was not cooperating. It is great and I had a meeting Friday. The let me know what is going on with him. I have been very happy with everyone there. They are very friendly to him and me. They are always cleaning when I am there. They clean the hallways. I like the social worker and she communicates very well.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff has been very good to him, much better than the other rehabs. Everybody has been very helpful and kind. One of our doctors recommended Oakland Care and we have been happy with the staff. I have met them and have seen what they have done, so I know there is a plan. I like the nurses, especially the 3-11 nurse. They are good, but better than the other rehab we were at. His room is clean. Everything is clean. When I walk in and down the hall, everything is clean. The food is awful, but all rehab food is awful. I think they need to get a real cook or chef. Part of the problem is that food comes cold and is overcooked.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very good with what they are doing there. They are very good. We are adjusting. It is different here because we are used to having a private aide. I think he is having it and he does not remember having this. The staff and rehab are very good as far as I can see. It looks very clean to me. He has not complained and is notorious for not saying the food is great. He appreciates but does not express it.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They always call us and update us about her progress and needs. We are pretty satisfied. They are doing the therapy beyond expectations. They really take care of her. They are very good. They are all friendly. It is very clean. They do a very good job. They always call me as needed.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They provide good service. Everything is excellent. The managers are all good.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Oakland was very good and it was clean. The food is not like home, but not bad. Their communication is excellent.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom loves the nurses. The staff is very helpful. The cleanliness is great. She was at a different facility and it was horrible.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The facility is excellent. It's very pleasant and very nice.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We had some issues short term, but with their customers service it is now excellent. Her therapists have done an excellent job with my mom have taken a person interest in her. I don't feel like they are as responsive as they should be. They rarely see my mother, just to give her the medicine in the mornings. There are one or two that have taken a person interest in her. It's average. They need to communicate with their staff. So that each department is on the same page. They come in and one has some information that they tell my mother, another comes in and says something else.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab was great. The nurses are great. The staff are very friendly and is always willing to help. The people who are there do not have a total grasp of what is going on. Some of the aides are great and some are terrible. The food was served cold several times. The dietitian listened to our issues though.

I'd recommend Oakland!

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The meals are very good! One of the nurses was very good. They could improve with their overall communication.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My mom was extremely happy with the therapy. The quality of the service and cleanliness was good. There were some things not in place when she got there, but they brought them by. Like her recliner. She told me the bed was uncomfortable. But the staff and nurses were all great. The maintenance guy saw me carrying bags and he offered to help. The bathroom could have used more attention. I don't think she liked the food. It wasn't gourmet, like the voicemail says it when you call in. did not eat much while she was there. Communication was good. From admitting right down to discharge--it's a smooth operation. I chose them over another facility because the other facility messed up her admission, and Oakland jumped right in.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

My auntie's been improving. The service is very very good- they are on top of everything! She likes the rehab. She could barely stand when she arrived and now she is walking. It's an impeccable place. The outside of the facility is beautiful and it is clean. The service is very very good- they are on top of everything! She likes the rehab. She could barely stand when she arrived and now she is walking. It's an impeccable place. She not crazy about the meals - there should be more options. The food is the only aspect that isn't going as well as everything else.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The nursing service is very nice and the aides are very personable. The interaction with my mom has been positive. They will come up multiple times in a day to check with my mom. They are very thorough with evaluation. At times, when my mother needs to be changed there are times where you are waiting some time. Everybody is very nice though. We are having some issues, my mom is on a special diet--her food has to be cut up and it was not. Just the little things. It's good. We have already had a team meeting. I know all I have to do is call if I have questions.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

There was an issue with the meals but it got resolved. The place was nice! My aunt loved the therapy.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapy was good, and they took my mom twice a day. The staff care was inconsistent. Some nice and one was unpleasant. There is a lot of confusion about meds my mom be on. She would come turn off the light and say be right back and did not came back or maybe an hour later. The food was delivered cold but that was minor compared to the aides.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very nice people. It's clean and nice. There are some things I like and some I don't. I don't like that there are not enough people. You always have to wait a really long time. Like that they don't bring food and when they do, it’s something she can’t eat. The front desk, there is hardly anyone there. The staff do a good job. Always concerns me, I am there half of the day so when I leave there is no one to put her to sleep, so she is sitting in the chair after rehab. I understand this is probably not their fault, there is not enough people, especially on the weekend. Sometimes they forget to give her certain entrees, like instead of meat and vegetables she gets vegetables and vegetables.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is very good. Overall it's pretty good, not perfect, but I have seen better places. The nursing care is very good and they tell you that you are getting better.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The facility, staff, nurses, head nurse, and social worker are all great. They are VERY friendly! The head nurse does well. It's very clean and my mom eats everything.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The nursing care and staff are excellent! The facility is great. It's very clean, all of it. The only thing is my mom did not eat much of the food and did not like it.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They have been great as soon as I walk in the door. They have been amazing. The PT person, nutritionist, the administrator, and all kinds of staff have welcomed us. The place is spotless. The staff are very busy but great. The therapists have been getting him up and he walked 20 feet with minimum assistance.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

So far, the family meeting, PT, and communication with staff have been great and we are on the same page.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We had a conference call last week with everyone on the call . They were extremely thorough. We had a tough situation and everyone was great. Mom has a hatred of therapy but she has made quite a bit of progress and she has not complained like she has in the past. They are absolutely friendly. Dad mentioned a couple of times how nice the facility was. We had a conference call and spoke with the social worker yesterday and we've never had a problem getting to those folks or getting a response back.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

This is my second time being there. I wrote a long recommendation for this facility. It is very good facility. The techs and nurses are outstanding. I had a very good therapist for OT and PT. I'd give the aides 5+ stars. They do a wonderful job. I had a great nurse too. Some meals were good.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

They are very attentive, especially the nurses. It's very clean. They are on top of everything and the rooms are immaculate. I like how the nurse communicates who works nights. The doctors do not always call me back though and are not very specific.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff are all very nice. If you push the button and takes time to get to you. Other than that all is good. The nurses are good. I did have a meeting and every time I ask the nurses anything, most times they get back to me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

This has been an absolutely amazing experience for my dad and our family. It is three minutes from our home, the people are lovely, and he loves the food! My dad loves going to the therapy services! There have been minor concerns that aren't even worth mentioning. I just would maybe like a little more guidance from the facility in terms of how the payment process works.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I like my mother's aide in the morning. It is clean. She is very good with her. There was an issue with one aide who was rough with my mom. The management addressed it. Rehab seems okay and she just started it. I am not too crazy about them but they are not terrible. The staff was good with my mom. There is a language barrier sometimes.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Overall it was great. They have been great with communication. I have called many times and they have always answered my questions. The nursing supervisor has been great to our family. On the weekends, my dad had complaints about short staffing and people not coming when he called for them. It is definitely clean. On the weekend it gets dirty. He is not happy with the meals but he's on a special diet. They have been good trying to give him options.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It's very clean. The girls out front and the rehab therapists were great. The only thing was seeing the doctor. We only saw him twice but everyone else was great. The therapists worked hard and tried to work my mom hard and with any problems they reached out to me and kept me a breast of what she needed to do. The only thing that I noticed was when she needed to go to the bathroom it took them a while. But they took care of problems and do a great job in general.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapists are doing a great job. The nurses are spread a little thin but they are great. When she first got there she had her own room and now she is sharing a room. They told her she could move her to her own room and they are available and they are not doing that for her. It used to be a long wait for help. When I am there it is good and sometimes there are times when we play phone tag. It is very clean. Her room is pretty clean. The food is okay. They should have two choices for meals, not just a sandwich. Sometimes she does not get what she orders.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It's very clean and well run. The nurses are responsive. One in particular is very good and seems to know a lot of information.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The aides that cared for my mom were wonderful and the food was awful. The nursing care was good except for the head nurse. It could have been a little cleaner. The food was cold and it did not look appetizing at all and my mom did not want to eat it most of the time. Communication was fine.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Mother was very happy with the rehab and very pleased with all the people. The staff are friendly. I liked one of the nurses and he was excellent. Everybody who works there, you could never tell who was who. They should wear different colors. I felt that when the patients are in the dining room eating, the aides sit there and text on their phone and are not helping patients. I was there a lot and the food did not appeal to me at all. I'm more for whole natural foods. Not the high fructose and things like that. There's no availability to reheat things in a microwave if you take food in. Sometimes difficult to get what you ordered and the timing was difficult for it to go where you were going to be.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Her nurse goes beyond! She likes the Latin food. She needed rails, on bed, I told them when she first got there so she doesn't fall but they didn't do it until I told nurse yesterday.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Rehab is going very well. The aides are lovely. They are friendly. Communication is great and they call me all the time. Two articles of clothing were lost though and they were labeled. They are short staffed. The skill of the nurses is great, but patient-to-nurse ratio is not. The menu changed so it improved. They need better menu choices though.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Oakland Rehab has exceeded our expectations. When I brought other family members to the facility they feel the same way! My mother is so happy at the facility. One of the male nurses was a sweetheart. Many CNAs have especially helped our family. I want to call out all of them because each one is so helpful, nice and great! It was very clean actually. The family members that came to visit the facility with me - this is the first thing they noticed, just how clean the facility is! The dining staff are so accommodating. For example, the other night my mom ordered pizza and when it arrived it was not exactly something she wanted. When we mentioned this they provided her with a meal she would have preferred. The communication is excellent, too! Even the doctor has reached out to me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I would recommend Oakland Rehab to a friend!

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff was very accommodating and caring, from the nurses to the aides and the PT people. They were top notch. I plan on going back! Many staff members were great. They cleaned my room and it is very clean overall. I looked forward to the meals. They were very good about communicating with me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We have had many experiences at other facilities in our family, and Oakland has exceeded our expectations by far. From the front office, to maintenance, to kitchen, to nursing care, they have been absolutely incredible. The main difference we noticed is that at other facilities you tend to feel like a number - at Oakland, it is family! The feel of the facility is so different than what we've experienced - just a warm, friendly atmosphere that feels like home. They are always keeping me up to date and informed.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Overall I would recommend the experience at Oakland Rehab. I think that it should be mandatory for staff to wear ID badges at all times, as not all of them do.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I am very happy and they are very nice people. My mom has improved. So far I am very impressed with it. Their facility is very nice and very big. The therapists are very active and have very nice people helping. I liked one of the therapists in particular, who is very nice and attentive to my mother and helping her walk again. One of the nurses is very nice and very helpful. He gets information right away and takes care of things for us. He is a very good person. I like many of the staff. The lady at the front desk is very nice and helpful. She goes out of her way to help. The place looks good and it looks like they do a very good job. Sometimes my mom does not like the food but it looks good to me.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

After the first day it was great. The rehab was excellent and very upbeat and terrific. The staff were great. If I asked for something they helped right away. They tried their best and not every patient is the same. There was a lot of miscommunication, though.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is very good. They have worked with her and are patient with her. The speech therapy is bothering her and there have been some pain issues, but other than that we are happy with facility. She is a difficult patient but is getting better. Many staff members have been wonderful with her. Oakland is very clean, they always polish the floors. The food is pretty good. They follow her diet and she ate all of her food.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I feel they are understaffed. The therapy seemed fine with one or two sessions. We liked the charge nurse and many of the staff. The side they took me on a tour was nice but not the side my dad is on.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It was nice and I am glad I am home. I like one of the nurses.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The therapy is very good. The nursing care is very good too. I like one of the nurses. They are really shorthanded but the staff are good. I know that it is the case across the board in facilities. I have to micromanage to make sure she is taken care of. There have been some things that they need to be more conscious about for personal care.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

We are quite satisfied. We especially like the activities director and the PT guy.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The rehab is okay. My mother likes one of her aides. She is not happy there though.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff seem to be good and they were willing to help. It seemed to be pretty clean. Everybody seemed to be fine except the head nurse. The head nurse ignored him. They lost my husband's clothes, too. My husband asked for a doctor and we ended up having to contact the doctor to get him taken to the hospital. No one called me back about his clothes being lost, either. Also he was not thrilled with the meals.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything seems to be going very well and my loved one is progressing. Everyone is very friendly. We just had a care conference and everyone explained the plan to me as far as where my loved one is headed and his care needs. A good plan was set up for him along with a game plan for his care after discharge. They are being conservative with keeping him at the facility to make sure he is good to leave when that time comes. He hasn't had any complaints. The facility is spotless! Sometimes there is a slight issue with answering the call light and timing.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

It has been phenomenal. They far exceeded my expectations. They are very helpful. The management staff has bent over backwards for us. The place is pretty clean. The food is hot and it is on time. The communication is good too.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Oakland is very good. My mother came from a different facility, and she has seen a lot more doctors and caregivers than a month of being at the other facility. The staff are unbelievably wonderful. The cleanliness is very good. My mother seems to be complaining about the food though. I tasted the meals and they look and taste good to me. I like the lady at the front desk, she does an outstanding job. The aides are a little slow with getting help to go to the bathroom. That is the only issue.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

I have nothing but good things to mention! Oakland is a great facility. The care is great, the staff is amazing. I like them up there and my kids like them as well. I love the cleanliness. The whole place is immaculate and they keep it very clean! The cleanliness is one of the things I look for going into these facilities. The cleanliness shows the dedication of this facility. The aides are all in the mood to provide for the patients! They work for the patients. Even when they have a reason to get unraveled, they remain very calm. The bottom line is the people up there are good. The admission staff really helped me get through the admissions process. They are extremely pleasant to do business with. They are always asking me daily if there is anything they can do. We looked at about 4-5 places and my son liked Oakland the best. He and I were looking for the same types of things as far as patient care. We both agreed this was the place for her to be. One of the managers seems to be very good. The food wasn't bad at all - not your typical nursing home meal. I would definitely recommend Oakland!

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

When I went to see the facility I had an excellent tour and the staff followed up with a phone call. Everyone involved was extremely thorough with my mother's oxygen and they were highly competent. The admissions coordinator recognized me from last year and she followed up with a phone call after my mother passed away. She came late at night and they gave her a shrimp salad sandwich.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everybody is kind there. They seem to be meeting my loved one's needs for therapy. They are respectful. The nurse on the floor is wonderful.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

Everything is okay. The care, food and staff are all good so far. There was a male nurse from Poland who went out of his way to help and another male nurse who was also wonderful.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

All of the staff is very good. My loved one likes a few of the staff members in particular. Sometimes she had some problems, though. The food is not chopped food for her to eat.

Review of Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

The staff have been very open and caring. We are struggling with memory care and wanting to be home, but I would recommend Oakland's care. The cleanliness has been really good.

This is our third time using Oakland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center and they are very good. That's why we keep coming back.

The nurses were very attentive and are very compassionate people. A nurse called me today to see how my father is doing. He was actually bragging because the food tasted so good. They make really good meatballs, he said. They reach out often and let me know how things are going

He is pretty grumpy, but they do their best to make sure he's comfortable and they have a lot of patience. The physical therapy is helping him to use a walker

I think they do a really good job.

The quality of the food was good, but it was often cold by the time it got to her.

The place is very nice and the care was excellent. It would be nice if they offered a communal dining area where families can gather and share meals. I saw drastic changes in him after he started the rehab therapy.

The staffing was definitely adequate. The weekends were more quiet but they did have enough staff. He has seen some improvement from the therapy offered

The staff and therapists have been wonderful. The place is very clean. They let me know everything. I haven't spoken to the doctor personally, but the nurses keep me informed on what is going on.

The rehab was the only thing we are having some trouble with. They are not as available as they said they would be.

My wife is a difficult patient, but I think the nurses and staff is doing their best.

We were all very pleased with the way that everything was. The head nurse was compassionate and caring and made sure that she was truthful. The staff was very good to my mom. They are very diligent and on tasks. They kept me on top of everything

The rehab therapy off to a slow start, everyone's agenda was a little bit different. A little bit of dragging of the feet. If you don't mention something for the residents they don't get the fastest treatment. The menu selections are not very good for people of that age, my father has had hot dogs twice in a row and that is not very nutritious. They also have strange things on the menu like fish cakes. It all just does not sound very healthy. There is a meeting in the next 10 mins and it is the first meeting. We have to argue to get any information about the care and treatment plans for my father

My father was there 7 to 8 months ago before and the care was wonderful. This time around, they are lacking. They don't fold up or hang up his clothing. They just leave it all wrinkled. When he requests to go to the bathroom they don't go in time. The urinal container does not go where he eats, on the table. I have told the aides and housekeeping 2 times already and they are still doing it. In the very beginning he was complaining, now he is not complaining anymore. They made follow-up appointments, when he goes to appointments they don't tell me what happened. Dr [Removed] is wonderful. He visits my father outside of the rehab center he is very accommodating.

Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, a member of the distinguished Marquis Health Services family, is proud to introduce a whole new level of post acute care to the communities of Bergen, Passaic and Morris Counties.

A premier provider of subacute rehabilitation and skilled nursing services for more than a quarter century, Oakland is a CMS 5-star rated nursing home in Northern NJ delivering unparalleled short-term and long-term care in a newly renovated luxurious setting.