Everyone was very nice and the facility is lovely. I was disappointed with the findings in the ADPH report. Hopefully they will improve.

I love what I see here, but smoking isn't allowed, even outside on the grounds. [Removed] will not go for that.

TLC

We toured this community for care. We were told that it would be a certain price for the care. We did not like that the price kept increasing. The community was clean and maintained. We did like the list of activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Great care!

I am very satisfied with The Blake. My husband has been on the physical therapy program, he has regained his strength and he's not falling as much. I think their people are much better trained to deal with residents. If he forgets his walker they take him by the hand and walk him over to his walker. They are very loving and caring towards all the residents. They try to keep their residents involved in activities as well. They offer a fall prevention program.It's a wireless system and if it goes off it immediately notifies someone to help him. I am so pleased with this community and would recommend them to anyone.

Great place for mom!

My mother is adjusting well at The Blake.The staff is all caring and smiling. It's a very welcoming and positive atmosphere!

No toaster oven!

I was able to take a tour of this community. I really did like it and the people. They were very nice and helpful with me and my loved one. There is a lot of natural light in the building. The residents were out and very pleasant. The only reason why my loved one didn't pick here was because they had no toaster oven in the apartment.

Nice Community, We Had A Good Tour

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. My tour went well, this is a nice community. The community was well maintained. From what I saw everything was nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. It was a nice experience.

Burdett at The Blake was very welcoming and gave me a very thorough tour of the facilities. The offer quite a few extras (even to memory care) that surprised me. They had a plan that fit perfect with our needs and we are moving in with very short notice. They are very accommodating. I believe my mother will be at home here at The Blake.

A new chapter in our lives

The personnel and support staff have been very helpful in this new adventure! It is difficult to watch our elders need assistance while wanting to remain as independent as possible. The administrative staff at The Blake have been as much support to my husband and me as much as making the transition for our elders as smooth as possible.

We are very pleased with the care my dad receives at The Blake at Malbis.

Beware and take your time

The staff are not trained to handle real patient emergencies and the nurse managers are not professional at all.
My friend worked there for a long time and I had a family friend live at this facility and it sounds like they still cannot make better changes. When new people move in there belongings are misplaced and medicines disappear or not delivered. One time we visited our friend and couldn't find a manager or even the administrator to help us except a secretary in the office. This was during the weekday too. Staff are rude and act unhappy and the reason is poor management. Unhappy staff means unhappy family's and patients and poor care.

Momma gets sick-Blake helps her get better quick!!

My mother is a resident at the Blake. Just recently, she became very ill in the evening. We were immediately contacted by the nurse on duty regarding my sick mother. The nurse had already contacted my mother's doctor and he advised she should be sent to the hospital. We were very happy that the Blake secured the ambulance and transported her to Thomas Hospital. Because of the quick action at the Blake, my mother was treated and improved so she could return home. She left the Blake about 7pm and was back in her room about 12:30am-a very good time frame for going to the emergency room. Because of the quick action getting her fluids and medicine, she is feeling much better just 24 hours after this incident. Thanks to the wonderful caregivers at the Blake

AS 2014 SOON ENDS I WANT TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO THANK THE BLAKE STAFF FOR THE EXEMPLARY MANNER IN WHICH EACH AND EVERY MEMBER RENDERS ASSISTANCE TO THE RESIDENTS OF THE FACILITY. PATIENCE IS CLEARLY SHOWN BY STAFF MEMBERS WHEN ASSISTANCE IS REQUIRED BY A RESIDENT THAT HAS LIMITED CAPABILITY TO COMPLETE A TASK. ALL MUST BE THANKFUL THAT THE BLAKE STAFF TRANSPORTS RESIDENTS IN A TIMELY MANNER TO KEEP DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS, AS WELL AS TAKING RESIDENTS OUT TO DINE FOR NOON MEALS AT VARIOUS RESTAURANTS DURING EACH MONTH. THERE HAS BEEN A STEADY IMPROVEMENT IN THE QUALITY OF FOOD PROVIDED FOR EACH MEAL 3 TIMES EACH DAY; THE IMPROVEMENT IS PARTICULARLY REALIZED DURING WEEK ENDS. THE ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY THE PA'S IS OUTSTANDING, THEY SATISFY RAPID RESPONSES WHEN CALLED UPON AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS BEYOND REPROACH. WHEN A PERSON OR FAMILY IS IN NEED OF ASSISTANT LIVING THE BLAKE AT MALBIS IS UNQUESTIONABLY THE BEST THAT CAN BE FOUND TO SATISFY THEIR NEEDS.

Not trust worthy

Your personnel information, that the staff knows, somehow gets to the other residents and their family members. The people I know would come up to me and ask about only things the medical staff and the administration staff would only know. Also you are charged for some medicine that you do not receive and when medication was changed the medicine would not be given or the wrong dose would be given to me. When I wanted to move out because of the cost, I was told to hold on and see if things change, but they did not. They also make comments about other residents pertaining to there care. They are money hungry and try to insist they will work with you but in the end, they will not work with you.

The Blake at Malbis facility is wonde...

The Blake at Malbis facility is wonderful!. The staff is good to the resident's. The facility is clean, and the rooms are spacious. They take the residents on an outing twice a month, in fact, yesterday they took them to the State Park for a picnic. The food is really good and if you don't want their meal of the day, you can choose something else from the menu. I'm totally satisfied with their services overall.