Very wonderful and inclusive staff

My Mother used to live here. The facility is newer looking, but once you get past the lobby it has a certain coldness to it. The hallways are long and don’t have railings so it’s like walking down a hotel corridor. Their food isn’t that great, in fact there were lots of complaints about it. But the people that worked there were very friendly and did a good job of trying to promote community. I think that was their best feature. The building has been remodeled a couple of times so the cleanliness was really good and looked nice. Ultimately my Mother’s needs changed and that’s why we moved her, but I would recommend this place to others.

Great facility; feels very welcoming and like home. All of the residents were happy and they keep them busy with various activities. The rooms were clean, and the laundry facilities are convenient on each floor. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Doing a follow-up visit on Saturday so my husband can look at the room choices. I do wish they had an ala cart menu of additional services available instead of packages that include services that may not be necessary. Staff was awesome.

Great tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community . All of the staff where kind and helpful to me and made sure to be on time to our appointment as well as provide us with a lot of great information. They answered any questions I had for them in detail and remained professional throughout the visit. It was just not the right price for me in the end decision.

Care and Comfort

The care at this community was very accommodating to his needs. The community was very clean and we were happy with the menu of the variety of healthy meals. They offer a lot of nice activities. We would highly recommend this community for the care of love one for the care and the value that is offered.

Very warm and welcoming. Residents and employees seem very happy. Wish the one bedrooms were a bit bigger. Disappointing that there is not a laundry facility on each floor.

I really like it!!

This is a nice, clean and well maintained community. The staff are very interactive, friendly and always ask if they can help you. The wait staff are very attentive. The food is good for people over 70 as I feel it needed more spices. The portions are good sized and if you want more you just have to ask them. They offer daily activities and are even willing to try activities the residents suggest. I would recommend this community. I would also recommend A Place for Mom as they were a great help.

We had a very short limited experience with the community.

We had a very short limited experience with the community. It was clean and the people were friendly. We didn't have any major complaints. We only really got about a weeks worth of experience, and it was expensive for us, but still a nice place, and I would recommend it.

Nice Friendly Community, My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a pretty pleasant one. The tour went well, they have a nice staff here. Everybody was kind and friendly. The community was nice and clean. Our questions were answered, they were informative as well. It was a good tour, but this just wasn't the place for my mother and her needs.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for your nice comments, and should her needs change we will be happy to help you and your Mother at any time.
Thanks,
Bill Hess, General Manager

Great Care for Mom

My mom is doing great here. Staff is caring and helpful. The meals are outstanding and a good variety. She participates in alot of activities The community comes highly recommended.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for the positive comments and we will continue to work hard to provide the best possible care for all of our residents.
Thanks,
Bill Hess, General Manager

Nice Community

It was not easy to choose the right community,it was stressful. A place for mom really eased out minds and helped us find this wonderful community. They are very kind at this community and someone is always there whenever we need some help. Our room is nice and the community looks great. The staff is wonderful and very sweet. We like the food and love the activities. We recommend it.

Highly recommend, no complaints.

Van Mall has been great. My mother has no complaints. She participates in activities daily. She enjoys the food very much, it's an improvement from where she was. I highly recommend this community. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Friendly staff, looked clean but had a bad smell covered by cleaner

Nice Place

Its a nice place. Its small, so you won't get lost here. My mother in law seems to be pretty happy here, so I would say its a nice place.

very positive experience

We like Van Mall. The food is good here. They have exercise rooms that you can use. We like it here very much. It has been a very positive experience here. The staff really try to get to know everyone. Overall I am very pleased with this facility.

Great Care

They have just seen my grandmother through the rehabilitation of breaking her hip bone and then returning home and all of the staff members at Van Mall have just done a great job advocating for her care.

They are doing fantastic. They really have been just terrific.

They are doing fantastic. I really appreciate the referral from A Place for Mom. We really like Van Mall, and he really likes it. They have a lot of fun stuff to do, he just hasn't had much chance to join in yet. They really have been just terrific.

Review of Van Mall Assisted Living in Vancouver, WA

Visited here 9/27/2014. No pool. Many disabledesicents. Nice to walk to mall.

Nice, homey feeling community

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at Van Mall! It's a very nice looking, clean, well kept community. The common areas are all very spacious to allow room for residents with wheelchairs and walkers. They also do a great job with the food. The community just had a homey comfortable feel overall, not like some of the places we saw that just felt like hotels converted for seniors to live in.

Wonderful place for mom

While it's only been a couple of weeks, my mom appears to be completely enjoying her new home and lifestyle. She is becoming more active than she has been in years, which is so beneficial to her health. I can't remember the last time I saw her so happy and excited about life. The staff are all fantastic as is the food. I'm so glad I performed my due diligence when selecting Van Mall as the community where my mom will spend, hopefully, many happy years.

A wonderful Place

It’s a wonderful place. We’ve been very impressed. If our loved one needs someone to help with her cell phone or hang something in her room – someone is right there to help. She’s very happy. There has been enough parking.

Nice community

Things seem to be going well so far! My grandparents seem very happy. It's a nice looking community, the staff have all been friendly, and from what I've heard the food is very good! It's definitely worth a look if you're looking into senior living options.

Everyone was very friendly ...

Everyone was very friendly and it looked clean and inviting. However, for respite care, the minimum stay of 14 days does not work for my needs.

They're great!

They're great. They cost about the same or a little bit lower than the rest of them around town so that's good. They only thing is they have a schedule or charges after you rent the aparment. We're up to $1100 and we don't need everything in those departments so I think we're paying more than we should for that. He needed to be shown where the dining room was a couple of times and he needed his meds given to him and a bath. He doesn't need the first one anymore and he'll refuse the baths as much as he can. So we're paying $1100 for the meds and baths that aren't happening. Legally they can't force him and I wouldn't want them too. No matter where he went, that would be the same.

He doesn't take part in the activites but I see a lot of other people doing them and they seem to have a good time. They're very good people there - I like them.

Fits our needs

When it came time to find a place for my dad we were sort of crushed for time. Van Mall had all the services we needed, a convenient location, and on the whole was the best place for us and our needs. We needed a place with more care services as dad needed more assistance, and Van Mall has those services. We also really like the atmosphere there.

Lovely--concidering

Lovely--concidering

Awesome! I feel the people here are s...

Awesome! I feel the people here are so important. Everyone I met loves this place. The atmosphere is lovely also. This option is my favorite so far.

Also liked this home. Have the same ...

Also liked this home. Have the same problem with moving here also, i.e., no furniture.

We had a personalized tour arranged a...

We had a personalized tour arranged and the staff and facility were very impressive. They even arranged for a 30 day trial stay in the one open studio apartment that was available. Mom seems to be enjoying the facility, residents and staff.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Vancouver, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning a day of wine tasting, while others are grabbing coffee before they go shopping downtown Portland. Van Mall feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of premium customer service translates into an experience that feels more like you’re on a permanent vacation, and less like you’re in a retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Van Mall, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents get the most out of their retirement. Want to plan a movie night? Invite your family. How about a game of poker? Stack your chips. Dinner in the city sound fun? Hop on the shuttle. Whatever you want to do, whatever your interests are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Van Mall, a fun, adventurous retirement is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.