Kamlu Retirement - Vancouver, WA

Kind of like a nursing home. Rooms were nice. Staff seemed awesome.

Exceeds Expectations

Our first impression and continued impression is of a community that indeed cares for its residents and has their needs first and foremost. When we first visited Kamlu we were impressed with the facility itself, but even more so with the smiles on the faces of residents and their friendliness. [Removed] was wonderful to work with. Congratulations to you all for a job well done.

We like it here

The staff have been helpful and the entire staff knew our names before we moved in. They are concerned about the residents. The servers are friendly. The food is too good and they bake the bread and dessert on site. They offer transportation and other nice amenities. We are impressed with the way the community is run. I would recommend this community.

Everything went fine!!

I had taken a tour of this community and had really liked everything I had seen. The staff where very friendly and had a lot of great information to offer me as well as answer any questions I had for them. It was just not the price for my budget but I would recommend it to anyone.

Just moved in.

We just moved in, and are quite pleased so far. The place is clean the staff friendly and the residence are friendly too. Once I finish clearing out the old place I hope to be able to participate in some of the activities.

Not the right fit.

I liked the amenities they offered and it was like being at a resort. We did not choose this community because we felt it was too large and overwhelming.

Such A Wonderful Atmosphere

The feeling is great for my mom since moving in. She is enjoying the activities and meeting new people in the community. The meals are enjoyable and her apartment is cozy and comfy. It is wonderful and I would recommend them.

We were only able to view a studio. It was tiny and not well maintained. Facility did not feel as warm and welcoming as others we visited, though the residents appeared happy.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, and thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us around your recent tour. We truly appreciate you taking the time to visit us, and reaching out after to share your thoughts and impressions about it with us. We are so happy to hear you found our residents to be a happy, friendly bunch - we like to think we have fun here, and that we have our residents to thank for it! We are sorry to hear, though, that our community did not feel as warm and welcoming as others you have visited. While it sounds like we won't get the pleasure and opportunity of serving you, we truly do appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and wish you the absolute very best in your search for senior housing. Of course, if you ever change your mind, now or down the road, please don't hesitate to reach out -- we are here, ready, and happy to serve you!

Good care here.

This community is very nice. She is under great care with this staff. The community is very clean and taken care of. They offer alot of activities for those who want to participate. I would recommend this for families needing good care.

Found the place so friendly and clean.

Mom is very pleased

The grounds are really pretty at Kamlu Retirement. It is very clean and always smells good there. Mom is very pleased. She always says that the staff wants you to be happy here. They have a lot of games there and she isn't much of a game person. They definitely keep residents busy. The staff do a nice job of making mom feel welcome. The only thing I would mention that was a little off putting is that when we went to a new resident orientation, they told us to let them know if they aren't going to be coming down to eat. That way they aren't wondering where you are. She didn't like the fact that they want to keep tabs on you. That is really the only thing that was off putting. Other than that everything has been really good here.

Upon arriving we we're warmly greeted. There were no odors only the smell of lunch cooking. My uncle and I had looked at many other facilities but Kamlu stood out to my uncle as the best fit because it wasn't too big, it is affordable, and the food was great. He is very happy at Kamlu. He. Loves the sense of family at Kamlu, all the activities, and the staff is great.

Very inviting in a quiet location

Great service with caring folks.

I helped a friend to find an assisted living residence. I contacted "A Place for Mom" via the internet and with 30 minutes I was contacted. I checked out Kamlu which is a wonderful place to LIVE and took my friend to review it. His comment to me after he had moved in was, "I also wanted to be in a place like this but never thought it would happen or that I could afford it". The folks running Kamlu here in Vancouver, WA are the greatest. John and Jan Stump are the most caring people and you feel like you have known them for years. I visit Jerry, my friend, a minimum of at least once a week and am watching his quality of life improving on a daily basis. I have recommended "A Place for Mom" to all checking to down size. Thank you.

Interesting. Good location

Interesting. Good location

Was a nice facility and liked the foo...

Was a nice facility and liked the food/cafeteria. Not much of a view from the rooms. Was a little farther away from son than would like

very nice people. very nice accomodat...

very nice people. very nice accomodations.

With warm summers, stunning fall colors and mild winters, you’ll love coming home to the rustic splendor of Kamlu Retirement Inn. Just a few minutes from downtown Vancouver, WA and easily accessible to Portland, you’ll love all the convenience and excitement that our central location has to offer. Enjoy the region’s shopping, dining opportunities, excellent health care and unique attractions from your home in the heart of it all.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind