Our goal at The Barrington is to provide an easy living, independent lifestyle among a community of friends. In the quaint community of Largo, you’ll rediscover life's joys at The Barrington and liberate yourself from the demands of home ownership. It's time to experience Independent Senior Living at ease and leave the rest to us!
The Barrington offers a fully licensed Assisted Living Community on premises. We understand that each individual's needs are personal and unique. At The Barrington Assisted Living, we strive to work with our residents on a personal basis to ensure specific needs are addressed and appropriately met. Residents of our Assisted Living Community are afforded as much independence as preferred with the comfort of knowing that personal care and support services are available on site as needed.

Didn't Have Memory Care Unit

I didn't tour this community after speaking to the person there they had said they didn't have a memory care unit. In our case, we have a couple and they needed to stay together so we were in need of assisted living and memory care. I ended up not going on the tour since they couldn't accept both, however, the person on the phone was nice and very helpful.

This would have been our first choice

The Barrington would have been our 1st choice but it was too far from the skilled nursing care where my mother is. In fact, my father's mother was one of The Barrington's first residences when they first opened their doors so my father was very familiar with the Barrington.

Good Location

We liked this community when we toured it. The appearance inside was good it smelled good and appeared clean and maintained. The residents seemed happy and comfortable in their surroundings. The staff was extremely nice and helpful on the tour they were able to answer all of our questions. The only thing was that my parents were looking for a 2 bedroom and there was a wait list for those so that was an issue.

Don't Really Care For Our Tour

I wasn't very impressed with our tour of this community. Our tour was decent, and everyone was kind. The staff was friendly, and kind to my family, and I. The experience was an okay one, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

Look elsewhere !

I would say the place is BEAUTIFUL but would not recommend anyone living there .. they have completely incompetent staff . Never in all my years working in assisted living settings have I seen such uncaring people working there. Mostly I'm referring to maintenance and housekeeping.

Disappointed

When mom and dad first moved in, it was delightful. In 2 years, there have been 4 managers, 4 head nurses, and at least 5 chefs. Prices went up, service and food quality went down. Mom passed with out even so much as an I'm sorry for your loss. Very disgusted.

An exceptional community.

The staff have been helpful and attentive. When mom moved from independent living to assisted living the staff completed the move for her. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is kept very clean. The community speaks for itself when you take a tour. I would recommend this community.

Torn!

The Barrington was such a nice place we were torn between this placed and another community. The physical aspects of it were very nice, and the staff was all very friendly. The rooms all faced the courtyard and had their own balcony.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you so much for visiting our community and we look forward to meeting you again in the future!

We were happy with this community!

The staff at this community answered our questions and were good at communicating. Mom seemed to like the food. They keep the community well maintained. We were informed of the activities with a monthly newsletter. Unfortunately, we had to move mom as she needed a little more care for her Dementia than they could provide. I would recommend this community.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to introduce our beautiful community to you and your family. We are happy you found a community that best suits your Mom's needs. Please feel free to share our information with anyone whom you feel could benefit from learning more about us. We wish you all the best. Happy Holidays.

Terrible

The upper management is running this place into the ground.

Dear AngryinFlorida,
We hope you will give the upper management an opportunity to discuss your grievance. Please feel free contacting us at our corporate office; [removed]. Thank you.

Still Getting Adjusted, But Overall A Good Community

I'am still getting all settled into this community. So far everything is going pretty well. This is a good community with kind people. They are treating me very well. The food is good, they serve nice meals. There are nice activities offered. They have a pool, and I really enjoy swimming. It is still a transitional process, but it is a nice community I would recommend.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you (new) family member and WELCOME to The Barrington. Thank you for entrusting us to make your life at our community happy. We understand there is a small adjustment period, but keep engaging into the community, have fun, and do not hesitate letting us know if you need ANYTHING!! Sabrina, Linda, Bryan, Anita, Kyle, and all the other Directors and team members are always willing and able to help. Keep your chin up - and enjoy!!

Mom is pleased!

Our mother moved in in late August 2016. She adjusted perfectly! She loves the activities, outings and most of all the dining room. The Barrington staff have been VERY helpful. Our family made the right choice for mom!

Sharon Estrada

YAY!! Thank you family - not only for joining us but also for trusting us to care for your loved one :)

The workers there are very helpful, I see some workers are over worked. I never see their boss to help them when they need help. The soup they have is left over soup, they have the same food most of the time. The other day I heard their boss yelling at another worker. In the dinning department they need more severs. They only do what they can. Their boss is never seen helping his severs out when they need help.

Dear Friend,
We appreciate your concerns and understand your frustration. We have a new Dining Services Director who started on September 19th and we truly feel these challenges have been corrected very quickly. Please do not hesitate coming in to discuss any future challenges with the Executive Director and/or Dining Services Director personally - they love to hear everything you have to say. We hope you can post an update on this review and let us know that everything in the dining room is going great!!

our Barrington experience.

Upon our arrival at The Barrington, I was thrilled with the amount of light that flowed through, which created a natural positive energy. The atrium is a beautiful inviting sight to see, which creates a wonderful focal point. We were invited to stay for lunch,and I was so glad we did, the food was terrific and so was the proud chef who made his way to our table with a warm friendly greeting. I was surprised that the overall feeling was not that of a facility or even just a place to live, The Barrington is a place to begin a wonderful new chapter in ones life. We chose this for our mother and feel very good about our decision, The process was an easy and smooth one made pleasurable with the help and care of Sherrie [Removed], she was both warm and friendly and made our decision an easy one. We are so grateful to have crossed paths with both Sherrie and The Barrington. Cheers to many wonderful years together. Thank you and wishing everyone all the very best in life.

Sharon Estrada

Dear Kathy and Family, We are so happy your experience was great and we are blessed to have your Mom living with us. Your Mom has been very busy around The Barrington - keeping us on our toes and joining in many different activities!! Thank you for trusting us and allowing us to join your family.

Clean up those leaves

My dad is a resident of independent living.
He does not like the food and there are not enough choices for him to have a meal. Sandwiches yes....Meals NO.
Also he has a dog that he walks outside on the grounds and said there are way to many leaves on the GROUNDS and lately with all the rain he is afraid of FALLING.

Sharon Estrada

I'm sorry!! I know the fall season seemed like it lasted forever this year and all the oak trees just kept dropping and dropping leaves - no excuse. We will do better next fall when the leaves begin to ensure the landscapers are cleaning up the leaves weekly. As far as the food choices go - I hope you have seen a difference since Jason (The Chef) joined our team a few months ago and all the wonderful additions he has made to our daily dining experiences. Thank you for the feedback, and please feel free to stop in and talk to the Executive Director or Regional Team members anytime.

Happy at The Barrington

My mother was warmly greeted by the staff and residents even before she moved in. The food is always nicely prepared and presented with quite a 'special' for each meal and lots of alternatives if you don't want the special. My mother has been there for over a month now and seems to like it very much.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you Larry! I'm so happy your Mom is happy and has joined our Barrington family. Thank you for trusting us to care for your Mom.

Transportation

The transportation that they offer here is very easy to use. They take us to the Dr or the church. I enojoy all the activities as well.

Sharon Estrada

I am so glad that you are happy and keeping busy!!

Very nice

Yeah things are going pretty well. Great. They are putting up the Christmas tree now and we are having a ceremony soon. Very nice. Thank you to a Place for Mom for finding the place for me. I am really happy with the service.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you for the feedback - we love our partnership with A Place for Mom and all of our advisors that work so closely with us!

They have done a really good job.

Definitely # 1 on our list. Alice Van Dyck has been wonderful

Sharon Estrada

Alice is GREAT!! We are so lucky to have her as our Sales Director and all our incredible leaders at The Barrington are a big part of helping Alice and the Marketing Team help prospective residents understand our GREAT community. Thank you for the kind words.

Sharon Estrada

Beautiful setting/building but in need of a major overhaul with residents in mind.

My loved one lived here 21 months. She is now deceased. She was satisfied with most everything prior to new management company taking over in fall 2013, although the food situation continues to be a major concern. There are little or no activities except Happy Hours with entertainment, & a few bus outings. No stimulation of mind, body, spirit & soul, however a certified Activity Director could be beneficial. During most of 2013-14, the pool could not be used because propane was too costly to heat it. Transportation has changed so that if Doctor appointments are not in the direction they are going that day, you are charged.
It seems the executive director representing the management company only pays lip service to the plethora of complaints voiced each week. A Resident Council could best serve all residents.

Dear Friend,
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the challenges you faced. Though it is too late now, and we are sorry for your loss, please know that we take seriously your concerns and feel that there might have been a little miscommunication. There was talk, at one time, to make minor changes to the transportation schedule but they were straightened out quickly and the pool is now heated seasonally. Our activity department, now, has two full time Directors and a very full schedule. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit with us again to see how wonderful the community is and the new appearance of the interiors. I'm sorry that you had these challenges and wish you and your family many blessings.

Review of The Barrington Assisted Living in Largo, FL

very nice. a bit too far, however.

Sharon Estrada

I'm sorry that we were too far for you but if we can be a resource in the future please let us know!

The Barrington is awesome!

The Barrington is like night to day from where my Dad was living. Clean, friendly, beautiful grounds, delicious food, and most importantly, staff that cares. They have plenty of activities, places they take them are fun, they offer transportation to church and Drs Appts! A pool, hot tub, and shuffleboard tops this community off. I am so happy we found a place my Dad is cared for and safe, and most importantly---he is happy!

Sharon Estrada

WE LOVE happy residents!! Thank you for trusting us to care for your Dad!! We hope he is happy for many years to come :)

The follow up from your foundation ha...

The follow up from your foundation has been great. I felt opinions from you all were honest and specific. I wish I could remember the women who kept in contact with me. Ultimately my Mom is happy and we were able to get her placed in 1 month. Thank you.

Sharon Estrada

Dear Friend. We are always here :) I hope your Mom is happy and doing well. Please let us know if we can be a resource in the future.

Toured 2/3 special $2000 st...

Toured 2/3 special $2000 studio $199 community fee. Must sign by Feb 28th. Pastor Durwood said care is really good. No memory care unit.

Sharon Estrada

Well...we love a good "pass it on referral" - thanks for your feedback. While we do not offer a secured Memory Care we do offer special programming for residents with cognitive impairments and also a special Parkinson's Living Program :)

Love It!

The food is delicious! I live here with my husband, and he is in assisted living but I am independent. We can stay together in the same place. The staff is wonderful, and we were really pleased! They have a lot of Christmas activities, and different and trips and things like that. For independent living, I get two meals a day included and pay for the third. When we saw The Barrington we just loved it and we're so glad we're here!

We are SO happy to have you - thank you for joining The Barrington family xo

Extremely Helpful!

She was there for 3 weeks and had to go to the hospital and now she's in a nursing home but she still has an apartment there and we're trying to get her back there. They were just exremely helpful. I can't say enough good about them!

Sharon Estrada

AWH - I'm sorry that your loved one went through that - but very glad that you were doing everything you could to get them back HOME!! We take good care of our residents, and families, and will do anything to help :)

Moms Choice

we visited half a dozen communities. With the exception of one they were all very nice affordable places that i would have felt comfortable having my mom there. The Barrington was our second stop and after touring The Barrington all my mom could say was "I like that place the best". Even as we toured all the other places, that was moms continued sentiment, "I like that other place the best" (referring to The Barrington). She said she felt most comfortable there. That was the bar we used as we looked at the other communities, and none surpassed the raised bar the The Barrington impressed on my mom.

Sharon Estrada

YAY - we love setting the BAR - rington :) Thank you for your feedback.

So Happy!

I have been a resident at The Barrington for several years and I am a widow. I am happy here, never lonely, very safe, with friends and a caring staff. The first time I walked into the Barrington I had a very warm feeling. The entire staff is very caring and helpful. I enjoy all the activities and social events that we have. I really enjoy the food; our chef does a great job. I feel that there is something for everyone to enjoy here at The Barrington. I have made some wonderful friends here with the residents and staff. The Barrington is a great place to live. I also enjoy our trips out to the beaches and parks. I am on the welcoming committee, serve at happy hour, and I go with the marketing team to do outreach. This is my home and the staff is my family.

Sharon Estrada

Thank you for trusting us ~ we are so glad you are happy :)