Brookdale Pinecrest - Largo, FL

Nice facility.Food very good. Too expensive.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was a very tall building And all the people just hung out in the front like they didn't have places to hang at. They didn't have a front desk person full time and that is important to me. Just not for mom.

My favorite I think of the 4 tours I took. But over Mom's budget for a private room. Otherwise it would have been perfect. Very homey and clean. The administrator that showed me around was awesome.

UGH - hope it gets easier

Tough moving in...suggest a walk through and still you will have issues. Get as much as you can up front. Book out your 25 hours of move in help for the $2,600 one time lose it moving in fee. Otherwise the people may not be available.
The departments seems to offer more to some people than others wonder if she is getting what she is supposed to. They told us to buy our own hand held shower head and they purchased one for someone else before the install.
Read the move in packet and get it ahead of time.
Do Not Use Price Rite for moving unless you want busted glass, scratches on furniture, sentimental pictures damaged, stuff left behind and a dirty truck from moving a house with lawn equipment the day before. Dead grass dumped out from their truck...when they arrived...found more than expected left as well as one of the movers drinking cup...

Loved it instantly!

I knew as soon as I walked in that this was the place for my mother. We were greeted enthusiastically by the staff who was extremely personable and friendly. All of the residents we saw seemed lively and there was no mopping, but instead plenty of talking and laughter. I am very happy my mother can afford a place like this. She was definitely not thrilled to be leaving her own home and was having trouble adjusting but quickly I saw her enjoying herself despite herself. Honestly, I feel as if this is a place I would have enjoyed living in during my twenties and thirties. I've also had dinner with her a couple times and the food is good as well. Most importantly though the staff has taken great care of her and is extremely attentive and takes care of her needs immediately when recognized. Very happy with our choice!

Was Able To Keep Mom and Dad Together

When we were searching for options we had to find a community that was able to accept both of my in laws. One was going to be for memory care and one would be for assisted living and this community was able to help us with that. They are both doing well on each side. The staff keeps all residents busy with activities. They have both started socializing and making friends. The staff is wonderful very friendly and they interact with the residents. The community is extremely clean and housekeeping does a wonderful job. In fact, my mother in law has allergies and since being here we have noticed a big difference in her health due to her apartment being cleaned once a week.They both seem to like the food that is served.

I was very pleased with the help I received in finding a home for my in-laws.

I have been very pleased with the care they are receiving. My mother in law has made new friends and enjoying the activities. My father in law is in Clare bridge. At first he wanted to go home but the staff did a great job handling this. Now, he is also enjoying the activities and loves the fact that he can see [Removed] every day.

Our tour

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly. This is a larger community and they seem to offer some nice activities and amenities. We just liked the memory care area at the community we chose a little better.

Lovely Community

We had no complaints or issues with this community we enjoyed our tour. The community is very nice lovely furnishings very welcoming. The staff was friendly and informative.The only thing was the layout of the community was not quite what we were looking for other than that everything met our expectations of what a community should look like.

Has So Much Too Offer

It's only been a few weeks since mom and dad have moved in so they are still in the process of adjusting and settling in. They seem to be comfortable in their 2 bedroom apartment. The community is extremely well kept the landscaping is very nice. The area where the community is located is good and is close to public transportation if needed.Due to the fact, my parents are still adjusting they haven't really had an opportunity to go to any activities or very little I think mom went the to happy hour and bingo.
They love the food, in fact, each one of them is gaining a little weight.

No Complaints, but Not the Community for Us

I toured this community for my love ones, and their needs. The tour went well, but this facility was too stuffy for us. The community looked nice, and the staff was friendly. Everyone was kind to my family, and I, and the experience went well. There were many factors that played into where to move my love ones too. Our tour went well, but this was not the community for us.

Some Updating Needed, but Overall a Nice Community

For the most part my mother seems to be enjoying her time here in this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am pretty satisfied with her move here. I haven't had much interaction with the staff, but the security gentlemen I encountered have been polite, and kind. At the moment they are working on fixing something that is causing a bad odor around the community. I would say the room could use some updating. However she is in good, safe community, and I would recommend it .

Nice community!!

I had taken a tour of this community for my self for possible future living options. The staff where very kind and professional during my visit. They took there time and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. I am keeping this place in mind for the next year or so but I just was not ready to make the move at this time.

Not the right place!

This was a nice community all in all. The place was clean and neat for the most part, but I felt that some areas were a little outdated. The staff was very helpful and very nice to us. I just did not feel that this was the place for my mom.

Gorgeous place to live!

The staff is working very well with my mom. I am overjoyed at the staff and the way that they treat my mom. The food is good sometimes. Mom has gotten into the bridge and the outings that they do. This is a gorgeous community.

I would highly recommend this community.

They offer any type of activity you could think of. They have happy hour with music and entertainment. I liked that when I first walked into this community it seemed like an active community. The entire staff is happy, helpful and right on top of things. There are numerous floors to this community. The food is excellent they offer a bistro and plenty of food selections. The community reminds me of a cruise ship in dock. It is really pretty with beautiful grounds. Mom's apartment is nice and it has a balcony.

Comfortable living!

Things are going well for my parents since they moved into this community. The place is clean and well organized. There is a lady that I know that goes and takes my mother on walks which she really enjoys! The only complaint I've heard them have is about the breakfast. They have a continental breakfast for the residents, and by the time my parents would make it out there, there would not be anything left. They don't have any fresh fruit. That is the only thing I wish they could improve on, but other than that, things are going well so far and my parents are definitely still adjusting to the change.

Apartments are lovely!!

My loved one really enjoyed his apartment, it was very spacious with lots of convenient amenities. I was also very satisfied with his meals and activities they had involved him in. The staff where all excellent and very open to any suggestion and changes that we needed.

Improvement needed in administration!!

The community has a great location and all of the amenities they offer are wonderful. During our tour the administration had given us a detailed list of pricing and the cost of rent. The staff was not honest with how much we would be paying and it was a completely different price when we set a move in date. I ended up not moving my loved one into this facility because of that situation.

Overall A Good Tour, Nice People Here

My tour of this community was a good one. The community was pretty well maintained. The staff I met was very friendly and helpful. They answered all my questions, it was a good experience. Their rates were a little bit expensive for my budget. It was good tour overall.

Was OK but rather small living quarters with the laundry facilities down the hall. No microwave and food was NOT GOOD!

Impressed with Pinecrest!

The community has many amenities and activities to offer the residents. It was very bright and orderly. The tour staff were very courteous and made me feel welcome. We needed more space and the units were a lot smaller than what we were looking for.

Everyone seemed to be very responsive.

Everyone seemed to be very responsive. I ate with them in the dining room and the food was good. They did complain and I have seen that the laundry area wasn't very well maintained. The grounds are lovely, and it's a nice place. The housekeeping is cursory at best and that needs to be addressed.

Every one is responsive and helpful

outstanding service

The staff will go above and beyond to assist you in every way.
I applied at several "Brookdale" homes only to be told that because he was 2 1/2 hours away that the "interview was a problem (among other issues).
Brookdale Pinecrest actually sent nurses from one of their local sister facility. Wow, what a concept! 3 others didn't think of that or was just too lazy to pursue it. Because they sent one of their own to interview, the "other issues" weren't issues at all.
You can tell when people "are the job" from those just collecting a paycheck.

Friendly, helpful staff

Our experience with Brookdale Pinecrest has been a very positive one! The sales person we worked with, Debra, was caring, informative, and just a big help throughout the whole process. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they're doing a great job looking after our loved one.

Great Place, but no scooters

The only problem I had was they did not make it clear that my mom would not be able to have her scooter there. She was very disappointed. In the future they should be more forthcoming of things. Overall it is a great place.

My picky School Teacher Mom!! In all respects!

A Place for Mom advisers were the BEST! Very understanding that i had NO CLUE where to
start looking for a place for my Mom.
My Mother was a School Teacher for 30 yrs.
Very out spoken & opinionated! I was so scared
she would not be happy... WELL, she loves the
Brookdale property A Place for Mom helped me
find.
WE are from the SOUTH.. U would think my
Mom landed in HIGH COTTON.... This place
is like walking into the RITZ! Definitely treated the
best!
When people say they are sorry my Mom is in
an Assisted living... It's funny.... My friends & i look forward to one day being treated sooo well..
Happy hours, Dancing, Drivers, Etc
My Mom LOVES it! xoxo! Punkin

This is a very nice facility. The building is always clean and beautiful and everyone from the maintenance workers to the caregivers are so friendly. The apartments are really nice with lots of amenities. The food is excellent and they provide plenty of activities for the residents.

Overall it is a great place

Overall it is a great place.

Excellent tour and facility. She loves it and it is very close to my home.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into options for a loved one. This was a really nice looking place! The apartments were attractive and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They are definitely worth a look, if you are looking into options in the area!

They're good.

They’re good. They’re just expensive. It’s a very nice place. It’s a worthwhile while. It’s just it’s on the higher end of the spectrum on price. The food is excellent. There were some concerns with the laundry. There’s always been enough parking.

My Mom transitioned into Memory Care and is the happiest she has ever been!

While caring for my Mom at her home for many years it became clear to me that she needed and deserved more out of life. Our family did research and found Pinecrest Place to be a perfect fit with it's competent, compassionate and friendly staff. My Mom now calls Pinecrest Place her home and even told me the other day that "I'm the happiest I've ever been". Our family was shocked and pleasantly surprised how easy this transition was for her being that she is not a social person at all in the past and now joins in for all activities offered. As a healthcare professional for over 30 years I am very satisfied with the care she receives and the convenience of having the Medical staff from a local Doctors office visit every two weeks for any unforeseen health issues. My Mom is immaculately groomed, well fed and really enjoys all her new friends. I would highly recommend Pinecrest Place for any family looking for a safe, clean and friendly new environment for their loved one.

Pinecrest Transportation Is As Good As It Gets!

So you need a ride? Well you've come to the right place. Pinecrest Transportation service is as good as it gets! The coordinator is Sharon Walker, who is extremely competent, caring, and as accommodating as she can possibly be. Her computer skills keep the operation running smoothly.

There are four cars, a bus, and nine drivers that will take you ANYWHERE you want to go in Pinellas County. They are open for our convenience, Mon-Fri from 8:00-3:30. All you have to do is provide them with a 48-hour notice.

Emergencies - if you have not given Sharon a 48 hour notice and an emergency arises, she will do everything she can if at all possible. Saturday - if you need a ride to Temple, they will accommodate you. Sunday - they will drive you to any one of twelve churches in the area. Pinecrest has special events during the course of a calendar year; Ball Games, Dinner Shows, Restaurants, etc. If you wish to attend any of these special events, the transportation department is at your service. They also run the bus 4 times a week to Publix and other local businesses in the area such as the Library, Walmart, etc.

Last but not least, lets not forget about the nine wonderful drivers that actually deliver you to your desired destination. As a resident for 3 and a-half years, I have had the pleasure of driving with all of them at one time or another. They are careful, considerate, and caring to all our senior citizens. So, I'm always along for the ride!

Morton.........Hometown: New York City!

We are very pleased!

I think this place is very good and we are happy with our choice! I really have no complaints - I think it is just great! I chose them mainly because it was so nice! The staff are very professional and the place was extremely clean and it smells good. We tried the food and it was excellent. Overall, we are very pleased!

We were impressed with the cheerful atmosphere throughout!

When we decided to move, my husband and I visited eight different communities, including Pinecrest Place, where my father lived about 20 years ago.

We were impressed with the building and the room sizes - -but more importantly, with the cheerful atmosphere throughout the public rooms.

Thanks to the Marketing Staff, moving in was a breeze.

There is a wide range of physical, mental, and recreational activities, including parties and special celebrations, with plenty of opportunities to meet fellow residents.

The staff is attentive and never hesitate to lend a helping hand.

Irma

We realized that we had to do advance planning to avoid someone else making those final decisions for us!

We are relatively new here at Pinecrest Place starting in February 2013. After living in 12 homes during our nearly 70 years of marriage we are still adjusting to a new way of life. We had decided early that we would spend our declining years in our home. About 4 years ago, my wife had a major stroke and a year later I also had a stroke. We have both survived the strokes but felt the necessity of planning for our future. We both realized that we had to do advance planning to avoid someone else making those final decisions for us. We did not want to ever burden family making those difficult decisions.

We took our time looking for the right place to make our future home. We looked at many places in St.Petersburg and Tampa and finally concluded that Pinecrest offered all of our requirements. The staff, starting with the Executive Director, are an amazing group of people catering to the needs and desires of people.

Pinecrest epitomizes everything a retirement community should be!

Four years ago my husband and I decided to sell our home and move to Pinecrest Place. It was time, probably beyond time. I have never regretted a single day of our transition.

From the beginning we found the residents and staff to be a friendly, loving & caring community, very much like a large family, and one in which we would be happy & content to spend our remaining years. Their love and ongoing support only increased through the difficult time of my husbands illness & final days; that support continues today.

Pinecrest provides projects, entertainment, support groups, transportation, and more activities to take advantage of then hours in a day, too many to list, touching on all aspects of living from serious to just having fun. Pinecrest epitomizes everything a retirement community can and should be. I could not be happier.

Pinecrest Place is ALIVE, I invite you to become a neighbor!

You ask, "Why did you select Pinecrest Place?"

I had determined that at my age I needed more security in a physical and mental environment. I visited probably 12-15 facilities, both in this area, and in areas where I had family. At this point, one place appeared to fill my needs.

Most important; it was ALIVE! Residents were not only friendly and moving about, but were genuine. Exercise was not in a rocking chair, but under the direction of a well qualified leader.

Young people in the dining area were so helpful that I developed a new respect for the entire teenage generation. The staff treated residents as family, not just a quick "hi" or "hello."

In my year and a half here, I am convinced that I could not have made a better decision. I invite you to become a neighbor!

A friendly, enjoyable place to live!

After my husband died in 2005, I tried to take care of our house by myself, but things started to occur that I could no longer fix. I began feeling overwhelmed and knew I had to find some other place to live. We had resided in Largo for over 50 years and I wanted to find some place local.

I looked around for several months to no avail. Then I began investigating Independent living facilities. I was not impressed by any until I walked into Pinecrest Place. The huge lobby was bright and cheerful with people strolling about or sitting around talking. There was even soft background music playing on the piano. It looked like a friendly, enjoyable place to live.

I decided to live here and moved in my new apartment in December 2012, and have made many friends. I really enjoy it here. The lobby and dining room are are appropriately decorated for every holiday and occasion, and the staff are friendly and so helpful.

Living a life of heaven on earth

As the years roll by, it becomes very hard to make changes in your life. We grow older and watch the world pass us by. It was hard to uproot and move on. Due to my wife's failing eyesight, we were forced to find help.

This is when we learned about Pinecrest Place, which has changed our outlook on life. Here, we found consolation in the care it has given to us. Mary tells me often that now she is living a life of heaven on earth. Being at Pinecrest has made her stay an enjoyable experience. I also agree!

I was in desperate need of help for my with with Alzheimer's disease

I have been very grateful for the Pinecrest Place experience. At the time of my introduction to Pinecrest, I was in desperate need of help for my wife with Alzheimer's disease.

I received great help and empathy from the staff at Pinecrest - so much so that in January 2010 I moved us both in, my wife in "Memory Care" and I in "Independent Living."

My wife has since passed away, but although I have no family in the area, I decided to stay at Pinecrest. I find the staff here to be very caring and most have become close friends. The young people who are servers are like family. They help keep me young!

With great people and a great facility, "What's not to like." It's the people, not the place, that's important to me.

I am so blessed to have these friends!

My husband and I moved into Pinecrest Place 3 years ago. We chose Pinecrest because of all the places we visited, we received the warmest welcome here. A plus factor was that everything you need is in one building and not spread out like some places are.

We quickly made lots of new friends and got involved in various activities. After we were here for 18 months, my dear husband passed away. It was a rough time for me, but the friends we made here surrounded me with comfort and became a great support system. We all care about each other, and they have made my loss so much easier to handle. I am so blessed to have these friends, and moving here has been a blessing too.

This place is tops!

Helen and I have been talking about how fortunate we are to be living here at Pinecrest for over 3 years. The first time we entered the lobby we were impressed with the spacious lovely Lobby, and also the great adjoining dining room. We have resided at two other independent places, and we can say we have found our home. Every employee is eager to please and are certainly very helpful and cheery, that includes every aspect from management to the wonderful young part timers in the dining room. The choices of food during meal time, and the quality as well as quantity is excellent. Our exuberant Diana in charge of activities always has a variety of options going, and of course there is always our heated swimming pool. If at any time you meet some a little reticent about living at Pinecrest, we can truthfully tell them that this place is tops!

We are very happy we found Pinecrest Place!

At first, my wife and I started out looking for retirement homes in Citrus County where we lived at the time. Our requirements were for all levels of care. We wanted to make sure each type of care was available and we would not have to move to another location should problems arise.

We expanded our search to other Counties, and one day saw an ad in the paper for Pinecrest Place. We checked it out on the computer and made an appointment for a visit. We made a few visits, and ultimately stayed for a complimentary 2 night stay to really check the place out. We were impressed with the quality of personnel employed there, the activities available, the facilities provided, and the quality of food. Over 2 years ago we signed a contract, moved in, and never looked back.

The employees are very courteous, patient, talented, and caring. We are very happy we found Pinecrest Place.

The head nurse who did the assessment, was really on top of her game!

The head nurse who did the assessment, was really on top of her game! She impressed me the most of the nurses I saw. I wasn't really impressed with the unit upstairs. It was kind of dark and dingey. They had a therapy dog that was kept in the directors office in a cage.

only two meals per day.

only two meals per day.

Impressed

My mom and I toured half a dozen places. Although my mom did not choose Pinecrest Place we were both very pleased with the community. Beautifully remodeled. Very friendly staff. One extra that wasn't a typical standard was the service of driving my mom to my house and picking her up at my house. What a great added benefit. While this was our second choice, it definitely isn't second rate by any means.

One of the first places I v...

One of the first places I visited. I met a resident there who absolutely loved the place. It looked very elegant, however their smallest unit was beyond our price range, so I didn't tour the apts.

Pinecrest Place provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. This delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents in need of Alzheimer’s care retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.