Grand Villa of Largo - Largo, FL

For over 40 years we have been setting the standard in Senior Living. Our commitment to family values such as integrity, reliability, and excellence is more than just a business philosophy- it’s a tradition. Be sure to visit our web site at www.assistedsenior.com

At Grand Villa we offer a choice of lifestyles based upon your individual needs. We provide Assisted Living, Personal Care, Alzheimer’s Care, Short-term/Respite Care and a Senior Day Program. Whatever lifestyle you choose, you are assured of our most important commitment: providing quality care with respect and compassion in a home-like atmosphere.

The Short-term/Respite Program and Senior Day Program at Grand Villa have been designed with caregivers in mind, enabling them to enjoy vacationing, shopping, handling emergencies or just rejuvenating while a loved one is cared for in a home-like environment. Our Short-term/Respite and Senior Day Programs are available 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Providing a structured, fun, active day within a home-like atmosphere is always the priority.

Our nurse, 24-hour staff and visiting physicians are here to provide you with the support you expect and the care you deserve. Our standard service package includes medication assistance, prescription ordering, bathing assistance, 3 delicious meals daily, arrangements and transportation for local medical appointments, shopping, banking and activities. We also include apartment housekeeping, daily activities and social programs, complimentary notary and fax services, and much, much more. Small pets are always welcome!

At Grand Villa we provide a wide variety of activities and social programs to stimulate the minds and bodies of our residents. Such activities include computer classes, pet therapy, trivia, entertainment, music, church services, garden club, library club, monthly birthday parties and much more. We aim to meet everyone’s needs, providing an opportunity for companionship yet all the privacy you may desire.

We are here for you when you need us, offering a full range of services. Our family values and standards of excellence prove that Grand Villa is your best choice for senior living. Why don’t you stop by today for a tour of our premier community? Our caring and experienced staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Come and see how seniors get the most out of life!

[Removed] is very nice and knowledgeable. Was doing good until we went into the secure portion of the building which is memory care. The odor hits you hard as soon as you walk through the door through out the secure area though no smell what detected tin the main part of the community. The residents rooms were very smelly and uninviting. One lady had on a very dirty shirt that seem to be ill fitting or inside out. I would think that someone should have helped her with that. She was not in the memory care part of the facility.

Good care

We have been pleased with the care from this community. The staff is caring and attentive to her needs. The menu does need some small improvements. We like that they offer her activities with the other residents. The community is clean and maintained. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one

My tour

The memory care area of this community did not seem as nice as the one at the community we chose. The people we met were friendly. The community seemed fairly clean. This community just did not feel like the right place for my loved one.

My tour

This is a larger community with nice grounds. The people we met were nice I just did not get the homey feeling we were looking for in a community. This community does offer transportation and they allow pets.

OK but not great

On the surface, this looks like a great place when you tour and talk to the managers. Once you've been with them for awhile (2 weeks or so!), things change. You don't get the services promised. Difficult to find anyone of any importance available to speak to if you want to. The weekends are horrible at this facility - no activities, no managers, bad food, inexperienced staff, poor security. During the week, things aren't too bad because you can get some help for your family member if you make enough noise - typical medical organization. Managers say that they will solve problems but then...(crickets chirping.) They don't really care if you're unhappy with the services. Very apathetic staff, no enthusiasm, they act like they're bored with you.

Clint Dockery

We are very sorry if you feel you’ve had a negative experience at Grand Villa of Largo. We strive to accommodate all our Resident’s needs. There are plenty of activities held on the weekends including Bingo, Dominoes, and Religious Services. Our food is all prepared by our line of chefs to ensure nutritional value, freshness, and flavor. I ask that you contact me directly so that we can discuss exactly what your issue was, and how we can work to better serve your family member.

Sincerely,
Tom Howard – Executive Director
Grand Villa of Largo

Community for care

We toured this community for care for my mom. It did not have the feeling that we were looking for. The staff were nice. The community layout might have been a issue for my mom. The menu was appealing and they did offer alot of activities. Families might consider this community for a loved one.

Pay attention to details

I purposely waited to write the review until some time to evaluate the facility to see how things leveled out after initially moving in. The apartment is great. Clean and fresh and comfortable. There should be some sort of orientation though as we have had to figure out the daily routines and schedules. Still after 2 weeks, we are not receiving many of the services promised in the brochure yet are included in the price point. To the tune of $600 additional monthly fees, many of the basics services are not being met let alone the plan details included in the additional fee. Mom is paying for daily assistance to bath, dress, and groom, yet she hasn't had a shower yet in over 2 weeks. Shampoo and toiletries stated to be provided have not made an appearance to date. We are still purchasing these items at the drug store. Trying to make an appointment to discuss this with them and I get absolutely no where. I am going to continue to pursue answers to many of my questions b/c if she isn't getting the care, we need to adjust the rate. The daily housekeeping is fine but they don't clean anything. I have been changing her sheets, cleaning her mirrors, etc. Mom asked them when the do clean the apartment, and they said it wasn't dirty, so she asked specifically to clean the toilet and they did. Once. So, I am waiting for an opportunity to speak with them. Hopefully soon.

Review of Grand Villa of Largo - Largo, FL

I toured this facility today and found them to offer superior memory care services on a secure floor

Helpful staff

The care here is great. The staff is very helpful and they go above and beyond to make sure the residents and their families are happy. So far, things are going well here. This is a very clean facility and nice.

Clean environment, and very attentive staff

My father in law is no longer here at Grand Villa of Largo and at this moment unsure if he will be returning but he has always had a good experience. Its a clean environment the staff is attentive to my fathers different needs. My father utilizes the assisted living and memory care which both operate great.

It's been very good for dad.

So far so good. It's been very good for dad. They have treated him and us well. Everyone is very friendly. The food is plentiful and good. They were comparably priced to other places that offered similar services in the area. We are pretty pleased with them, and would rate them very highly.

Larry Prescott Is a Great Manager

My 91 year-old Father has lived at Grand Villa for 9 months and is happy there. Larry Prescott, the Administrator, is a good guy who really cares about the residents and resolves any problems immediately. I am grateful and impressed with all of his efforts on my Father's behalf. Larry has gone out of his way to meet any request that we have made. There are a lot of beneficial activities which have kept my Father's mind sharp. He especially loves Trivia, and the musical entertainment. Thank you!

Rocky and Grand Villa

Several years ago I had a client "Rocky" in the memory care unit. I can say without reservation that he got the best of care while he was there.

We love Grand Villa of Largo!

My husband and I live in Louisville, KY and provide for senior living care for his mother. She very suddenly needed to move up in the level of her care due to the progression of her dementia. Grand Villa of Largo was one of about 10 facilities my husband and I visited. It was number one on both of our lists after seeing the other properties. With living so far away, it is extremely important to us to feel secure that she is being well taken care of. The staff has strong compassion for all the residents. They involve them in many activities and make sure nutritional needs are met. We come for visits every 5-6 weeks and always leave to fly home feeling at peace with our decision. Our mom is happy and enjoying her life at Grand Villa of Largo!

Very helpful

The staff is very helpful at the onset. My loved one enjoys the food. There is usually enough parking. They could do a little better with their activities. The staff has been very helpful and we’re happy with this community.

Home away from home

My dad Wallace Kennedy was a resident there for only 3 months unfortunately he had an accident and broke his hip and had to move to a rehab facility for recovery. There were many complications after the surgery and he's been back and forth to the hospital many times and is unfortunately not going to be able to return to Grand Villa. I was able to stay in an apartment at grand villa while I was visiting my dad in the hospital. They were so accommodating and provided me with 3 meals a day and even did my laundry for me. This facility is like Home the staff is wonderful they make you feel as part of the family. I got an opportunity to meet the residents and dine with them. They made my stay so enjoyable and convenient since was only a mile away from the hospital. The entire staff there is wonderful and I would highly recommend this facility to anyone that's wants there family member to have a place they can call home when they no longer can live by themselves.

my mom and alzheimers

my mom moved here some years ago. I came to look in on her as alhzeimers was all new to me. I didn't know places like this existed. I was so very fortunate to have found Grand Villa in Largo. My mother was treated so special and they really paid attention to the details as I explained what my mom did for a living. I came in to take her to lunch and she was doing admissions as she had done in colleges and universities. Grand Villa was so wonderful to my mom, I could't have found a better place. Their memory support is fantastic, from the nursing staff to the upkeep of the grounds. I love the fountains and walkways. You have a wonderful staff. God bless you all

New comers to Grand Villa

We moved my parents into Grand Villa 12/31/13.
We moved in their own furniture, so that it would feel like home.
The dining room is impressive; white table cloth service.
We come and have lunch with them often.
The numerous regular activities they have include BBQ cookouts, donuts and coffee after breakfast (daily), ice cream socials in the afternoon, wine and cheese in the afternoon, dancing and music, etc.
They provide transportation to my parents doctors appointments, hair dresser appointments, store visits, etc.
My parents absolutely Love it here !!
My parents are 89 and 90.
The staff is amazingly helpful.

Beautiful facility. Staff w...

Beautiful facility. Staff was very friendly. Very close to our home, however Mom was not comfortable. She said it felt like a hospital.

My brother hated it, the room was trashy...

My brother hated it, the room was trashy, the furniture that you would find on the street and put in the room, the people were nice, the rest of the place looked nice. The people were excellent. I didn't handle the payment part so value would be hard to judge. They weren't really prompt when you rang the bell, and when he had an accident and came back an hour later and they still hadn't changed the bed. They had a big TV room and you can sit outside but that is the extent of the activities that I am aware of. The food was ok.

the shared living quarters were all w...

the shared living quarters were all we could afford but there was no privacy they shared the same room