The Atrium at Anna Maria - Aurora, OH

Anna Maria

contracted for Atrium because of marketing material that mother found interesting. Moved into old building because new wasn't available. Paid for medication asst. service but usually had to do it ourselves as either they came or we wanted to take her out and they hadn't yet come. The Rx service they recommended was so bad that the Rx place actually refunded us over $100 We cancelled two personal trips over the fact that the new building wasn't ready--neither time did they tell us the move wasn't happening. They had called me that she was moving so I blocked out my appts. only to find that she wasn't , again. They broke several things of hers--they would only replace what she had a receipt for (great, 40 years ago) but refused to replace the $60 bowl we had bought her, for a gift bought when People's Pottery existed
at Beachwood Mall--I didn't have receipt because it was a gift so "too bad". Moved into new building, when available, only to find out there is no "medication assist"--what? they knew we needed it when she first signed up. Ok, so she's now on her own with meds. Suddenly they call me as she can not longer manage there; I agree, but the gal calls, me at the office, with a Dr., when I 'm in the middle of things with my clients, They are telling me they are moving mother to a unit way more expensive then where she is. I said I would think about it (as I wanted to discuss this with my husband and brother and was in the middle of my client things). [name removed] said "there is no choice and I will walk your mother down to the other unit..." She had no right to move mother without my permission.. They were not accommodating about us moving mother into another place that was offered so we moved mother someplace else. We did like the activities offered and think they did a good job on many things. Her Founder's Club Benefits? We never saw anything. We were billed for any meals we had there. They apparently contract with a eye Dr. who doesn't bother to make sure he's on the approved Medicare list--he just bills. Seems like elderly people would have option to pay full amount or use someone that is covered under their benefits. Not that this office actually answers phone calls--this is who A

Cozy and Homey

My loved one lives in The Atrium, and, I feel it is a very nice community. The staff is very kind and attentive, and I really like the way the community is set up. They have areas set up to mimic a kitchen and a home office to make the community look more cozy and homey. Overall, I feel that The Atrium is a good fit for my loved one and she seems to be warming up to the community generally well.

Great Place

My mom is doing so well here, she has a very nice room and is settling in. The staff is very friendly here and it's nice seeing my mom so active, she likes being part of the activities and going to the dining room she even says the food is good. This was a good fit for my mom.

Good care and comfort.

We are happy with the care from the staff. The community is clean and we like the environment. The menu could use some small improvements. They have a lot of good activities that are always available for the residents who want to participate. We highly recommend this community to others needing a good community for excellent care at a good value. We were happy to see that they do work with medicare for assistance.

Loved it. Hidden gem. Great combination of independence and assistance. Clean, spacious, friendly. All the residents looked happy and engaged. Food is top notch. Standard room felt cramped but deluxe was perfect. This is not a place that I would send a senior who needs great care (grooming, bathroom, eating). This is more for independent living people who need some care.

They were a very helpful and very friendly well run place.. The director went out of her way to treat each patient in a very personal way.. If I hadn't been so over joyed with Maplewood it would have been my choice. I would give it 4 stars. It is not as new as [Removed] & seems a little dark in the patient area.

I liked this community!!

The food is good at this community. They have nice rooms with a nice size bedroom, living room and kitchen. The people were nice and they keep the community clean.

Excellent choice for independent living in Northeast Ohio

Diane has been terrific throughout the decision making process and my dad's move to the Attium. Facility is beautiful inside, and the staff is most helpful. My dad really enjoys the other residents he has met, and feels very comfortable there! In addition, the location is great. Within two miles of doctors, drug stores, banks and a grocery store.