Lantern of Chagrin Valley - Chagrin Falls, OH

Lantern of Chagrin Valley - Chagrin Falls, OH has yet not published prices.

The Lantern is very innovative and impressive. [name removed] was very nice and explained everything. The $3900 is the base price for assisted living but if dementia care is needed then there are added costs depending on stage and level of dementia and perhaps people should be aware of this up front. Also, I was surprised that at the Lantern you have to provide all your own furniture, even the bed. But then again, maybe some people would actually prefer that. Overall, though, it is a beautiful place.

Looks more like a Las Vegas hotel than a facility

I toured here when looking for a place for my mother. It was very nice but it was too far away. The building is gorgeous like a Las Vegas hotel. The rooms were outstanding and everything is brand spankin’ new. But as I was thinking about it later, I realized that it might be a little too garish. I didn’t think my mom would like that. The cleanliness was fantastic, though. The activities are kind of the same here as anywhere else: music, art, game playing, things like that. It was just a nicer facility. The person that took me on a tour was able to answer all of my questions and they were as nice as possible.

Brand new!

Lantern of Charing Valley is kind of an unfair comparison. When we toured, they had barely opened and they were not completely filled or fully staffed yet. It was a good concept and seemed like it would be a good place, but it was not what we were looking for at the time.