Independence Village of Aurora - Aurora, OH

Review of Independence Village

This is my home and would recommend to any of my family and friends! The staff are a part of my family and are always helpful and accommodating.

Review of Independence Village

This community is well maintained and clean. Everyone is very helpful and has become family like! I like the location of this community which is right next the Aurora Farms outlet shopping.

Review of Independence Village

This community is beautiful with beautiful people who work here. They offer a good variety of activities and good. Keep doing what you are doing!!

Review of Independence Village

Everyone (residents, staff and management) are always so happy here. When I'm having a bad day, they always lift my spirits, my apartment is gorgeous and I have everything I need

Review of Independence Village

I have everything to keep me busy. I love my dining experience in the large, well lit dining room. The people really love me and treat me like family.

Review of Independence Village

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. There are a lot of great amenities that are offered and several options on the menu to choose from - I have no complaints.

Review of Independence Village

My father has been a resident for 10 years. He has needed extra care recently and staff are always accommodating. He was able to stay independent with care services provided until just recently when we transferred him to assisted living - I could never have asked for a more caring and loving team for my dad! They are all like a part of my family.

Review of Independence Village

I really like living in this community. i like the big open spaces compared to other communities I visited. The staff member are always friendly and helpful.

Review of Independence Village

I enjoy the food and have no complaints. I really enjoy all the activity options offered. I love my spacious apartment. I wish there was transportation on Sundays for church services.

Review of Independence Village

This community would be just like the rest if it wasn't for the amazing staff and management that work here, Me and my friends here are so happy we have a voice and that management always follow up with us during our monthly meeting I feel very welcome here.

Review of Independence Village

I love the enclosed courtyards with the beautiful landscaping with flowers. I walk the walking path every chance I get. I enjoy the food and with the many options available I can choose what meets my dietary restrictions. The staff are very helpful and meet my needs.

Review of Independence Village

I'm not really interested in activities but usually attend all music programs. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I love living close to my family in Aurora, OH. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly.

Review of Independence Village

Because of the good care and friendliness of the staff. I have recommended this community to my friends and family.

Review of Independence Village

I am rather new to this community but the interactions and warn welcoming I received was amazing! I even received a beautiful bouquet of flowers as a welcome gift. The pricing was very comparable, but you can't put a price tag on that feeling I received when moving here...this is my home!

Review of Independence Village

The staff always takes their time to answer my questions I never feel rushed, just welcomed! The community is open, bright, and clean with plenty of activities offered to occupy our time.

Review of Independence Village

The staff always seem caring and attentive. The community is clean and a beautiful environment to call home.

Review of Independence Village

I have been here for over a year and have made lots of friends. i have recently been honored by being asked to be a resident ambassador for the community. The residents and staff are very friendly and nice to get to know and I feel blessed to be a part of this community.

Review of Independence Village

The staff is always informative and helpful. They always take their time and give me their undivided attention. I feel special to be a part of this community of loved ones.

Review of Independence Village

I always feel welcome when I have a question and they always take time for me.

Review of Independence Village

I feel safe and in good hands overall.

This is a great community with caring people

Review of Independence Village

This is the nicest communities in Aurora. Friendly staff who welcomes you and engages with us. Plenty of activities to do and the best food options. I couldn't be more happier and content in my decision to more here.

Review of Independence Village

I've lived at other communities, and I really like the care I receive at Independence Village. I have been very happy with the attentive staff and cleanliness of my apartment. The menu is very food and I like that there are activities I can participate in.

Review of Independence Village

This community has a warm and homey feel. The staff are very attentive to my dad. The food is awesome and we enjoy visiting dad for Sunday buffets. They keep the community clean and maintained. They have great participation for activities and music events.

Review of Independence Village

I love socializing with my friends during happy hours and dinner. The food is amazing. The community and grounds are very well kept. The biggest factor are the friendly and always helpful staff that work here.

Review of Independence Village

Ever since my first tour and the friendliness of the staff - I knew this was the community for me - the food and activity selections are outstanding.

Review of Independence Village

The food is amazing with a lot of choices. The community is friendly, clean, spacious. I have met a lot of new friends and we love all the activities - especially exercises.

Review of Independence Village

My mom is doing very well and is settling in to her new surrounding. The food is very good and I like to see my mom so active.

Review of Independence Village

This is a very nice community. The staff is very attentive to our needs and suggestions. The managements communication and follow through is very good. They make us feel like we are family.

Review of Independence Village

I love the staff! They always are warm and friendly. I've made lots of new friends through all the available activities and the food is almost always amazing.

Review of Independence Village

I am very proud to live in this very clean community. The staff really take great pride in the work that they provide. Overall, I am very satisfied.

Review of Independence Village

I love living in this community and find it very lovely. The staff is very kind and helpful. The management are very informative and my questions are always answered. This community is very well kept.

Review of Independence Village

It took some time for me to adjust to community living. But the management and staff helped me adjust and I don't know what I would have done without them. I now participate in a lot of the daily activities, but wish we had better transportation.

Review of Independence Village

I love socializing with my friends during Happy Hours and dinner. The food is amazing. The community and grounds are very well kept. The biggest factor are the friendly and always helpful staff that work here.

Review of Independence Village

I've lived at other communities and I really like the care I receive at independence Village. I have been very happy with the attentive staff and cleanliness of my apartment. The menu is very good and I like that there are activities I can participate in.

Review of Independence Village

This is the nicest community in Aurora. Friendly staff who welcomes you and engages with us. Plenty of activities to do and the best food options. I couldn't be more happier and content in my decision to move here.

This is a great community with caring people

Review of Independence Village

I feel safe and in good hands overall.

Review of Independence Village

The menus are always appealing. I love all the activities, especially the outings. The community is in dire need of a new shuttle. I always feel welcome when I have a question and they always take time for me.

Review of Independence Village

I have been here for over a year and have made lots of friends. I have recently been honored by being asked to be a resident ambassador for the community. The residents and staff are very friendly and nice to get to know and I feel blessed to be a part of this community.

Review of Independence Village

The staff always takes their time to answer my questions. I never feel rushed, just welcomed! The community is open, bright and clean with plenty of activities offered to occupy our time.

Review of Independence Village

I am rather new to this community but the interactions and warm welcoming i received was amazing! I even received a beautiful bouquet of flowers as a welcome gift. The pricing was very comparable but you can't put a price tag on that feeling I received when moving here... This is my home!

Review of Independence Village

Because of the good care and friendliness of the staff, I have recommended this community to my friends and family.

Review of Independence Village

I'm not really interested in activities but usually attend all music programs. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I love living close to my family in Aurora, Ohio. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly.

Review of Independence Village

I love the enclosed court yards with the beautiful landscaping and flowers. I walk the walking path every chance I get. I enjoy the food and with the many options available I can choose what meets my dietary restrictions. The staff are very helpful and meet my needs.

Review of Independence Village

This community would be just like the rest if it wasn't for the amazing staff and management that work here. Me and my friends here are so happy we have a voice and that management always follows up with us during our monthly meetings. I feel very welcome here.

Review of Independence Village

I really like living in this community. I like the big open spaces compared to other communities I visited. The staff members are always friendly and helpful.

Review of Independence Village

My father has been a resident for 10 years. He has needed extra care recently and staff are always accommodating. He was able to stay independent with care services provided until just recently when we transferred him to Assisted Living. I could never have asked for a more caring and loving team for my dad! They are like a part of my family.

Review of Independence Village

Everyone (residents, staff and management) are always so happy here. When I'm having a bad day, they always lift my spirits. My apartment is gorgeous and I have everything I need.

Review of Independence Village

This community is beautiful with beautiful people who work here. They offer a good variety of activities and food. Keep doing what you are doing!!

Review of Independence Village

This community is well maintained and clean. Everyone is very helpful and has become family-like! I like the location of this community which is right next the Aurora Farms outlet shopping.

Review of Independence Village

This is my home and would recommend to any of my family and friends! The staff are a part of my family are always helpful and accommodating.

Review of Independence Village

This community is wonderful! The location is terrific and works well for me and my family. I love how tentative they are to my mom, and the staff and mgt keep me informed on how she is doing. I would recommend the community to all my friends and family.

Review of Independence Village

Ever since my first tour and the friendliness of the staff - I knew this was the community for me. The food and activity selections are outstanding.

Review of Independence Village

The food is amazing with a lot of choices. The community is friendly, clean and spacious. I have met a lot of new friends, and we love all the activities. Especially exercises.

Review of Independence Village

My mom is doing very well and is settling in to her new surroundings. The food is very good and I like to see my mom so active.

Review of Independence Village

This is a very nice community. The staff is very attentive to our needs and suggestions. The managements communications and follow through is very good. They make us feel like we are family.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

My care is excellent. My problem with in-housing doctor has been solved by offering 2 choices and Dr. [name removed] groups is great.
Only the RA's is confusing. Too many changes make me nervous and only a few quick aids know my care.
I plan to stay here as long as I can. I hope more residents participate in this survey.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

My residence has been outstanding the food is outstanding.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

My husband + I have lived here for a year. My husband recently passed away + will be buried in [location removed] where we lived for many years. Everyone is very friendly at helpful at Independene Village

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

My mother has lived here for 11 years and our family has been completely happy with the care have been completely happy with the care and facilities provided. Plenty of activities, nice spacious living quarters, friendly and attentive staff, and an ever changing menu of exciting meal choices. Highly recommend!

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

My arrival to IV was [date removed]. I found my new home and environs very inviting. Having been a nurse. I understood what my new life would be like. I found my caregivers, compassionate + caring. They work hard for all of us, I honor their friendship. Lately, after some changes in losing a lot of important people, things changed. Aides come + go, we hardly get to know them. Good ones stay, much to our benefit. Better training team work is needed. Food is good; however, thanks to Faram. Changes can be made. I like living here and I love all my friends and contacts.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

my mom recently moved into the community and loves it. The staff and residents are very friendly and helpful. They attend to her needs and every request is done promptly. I have nothing to compare the facility too but they are rated "Great" in my book. Keep up the great work.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

I am very glad to be here! All the staff is caring + helpful

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

The apartments are excellent except for heating and cooline. Cleaning excellent maintenance really excellent. Laundry Service and Price Excellent. Front desk-wonderful. Bus need to be replaced with a new one. Current bus and cartron seperation. Poor. Activities have improved exceptionally better. Food antraras very poor to excellent. Some dinners served cold. Servers are very good. Desserts - great. Monthly Dinners Excellent. Desserts are great. Servers are very good. You need your own TV channel for activities church services. Picture of the staff. Only warnings, etc.

Staff is very good
Physical plant needs overhaul - most everything is original.

Staff is very good
Physical plant needs overhaul - most everything is original.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

I cannot compare Independence Village to other Senior Living places because I moved here directly from my home in Minnesota, Ohio. In July, I will have lived here six years. It is quiet and clean, This are several options on the daily menu. On this very few occasion I have expressed concerns, they have been addressed promptly by Management or Housekeeping or Maintenance.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

I love this place. I am sad that someday. I will have to move as will run out of money. I have to find a place that accepts medicaid

Chocolate festival.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

IV of Aurora is a wonderful facility staffed by caring people.

Services - very good
Food - very good
Maintenance - very good
Some things needs updating
House keeping - excellent

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

i like things the way they are

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

Charges to much, Nice place, Dinner at Fie pm, clean, entertainment, no bar.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

Rate good. Clean. Food usually good. Would like more crafts.

Likes everything here. Like entertainment

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora

It;s alright. Expensive, food great.

Very Very good. Well balanced

Food could be better

All the staff are wonderful and very attentive.
The meals are okay; dining management tries hard, but sometimes misses the mark. Many seniors so look forward to their meals.

Review of Independence Village

I like the people here, there is a lot to do. There of her residents are nice.

Review of Independence Village

No complaints, the activities are great. Bingon, bingo, library, able to be taken to go shopping. It is a great place to live.

Review of Independence Village

I like living here. nice apartment, the food is great. The staff is nice. The residents are very welcoming.

Review of Independence Village

I have lived here for 3 1/2 years. Your current upgrading in staff including reception, activities and transport, excellent! we now have more health, educational, activities than we ever had. food varies so does our diet. we now have more selections which is excellent. The grand buffets are out of this world better than restaurants. Table servers are now also great. the laundry and housekeepers are outstanding. it's a great place to retire too! it was a 4 now it's a 5!

Review of Independence Village

I am very happy here, my friends are here. The staff is very helpful and so nice I enjoy being here.

Review of Independence Village

Activities have improved. Exercise everyday lots of selection of things to do. Need to improve the move in process. manager do a fine job meeting with new residents. we need an 'in house' or 'one-person' advocate that residents can turn to for the transition period. much like the receptionists but off the desk.

Review of Independence Village

The staff is so nice and help me whenever I need them. I enjoy living here.

Review of Independence Village

Excellent place to live, very safe. Very helpful with anything you need and very good food.

Review of Independence Village

Moved here to be near family and compared to the place I came from this place is far more personable.

Loved one is Happy and so are We!

Selecting a new home for a senior loved one in any family is hard on everyone. The caring and sincere team at Independence Village - starting with the thoughtful and honest sales manager to the wonderful "director of resident happiness", made our decision easy to make and moving to the new home simple and uneventful. They have lived up to every commitment they made to us when we were looking for a new home and the helpful staff and management team are always accessible.

Not Impressed

I have been touring multiple Assisted and Independent living facilities in the Aurora area for my family. I felt the sales representative was very unorganized in his sales theory to me on the facility. The caregivers also did not seem engaged with the patients as I toured. I would NOT recommend this facility, especially for the price of the apartments.

Hello,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. After receiving your review, we were unable to find a tour that matched the timing or details of your review. Our company’s purpose is to serve seniors and their families. Because of this, we only hire the most dedicated, caring and attentive individuals. We would like an opportunity to discuss the specifics of your review further. Please call Independence Village of Aurora directly and ask to speak with our Executive Director. Thank you.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

In many ways it is outstanding to name a few - the total environment - apt. bldg but especially the gardens and walkways - outstanding - so uplifting. The entire staff is always helpful and cheerful. Activities - very numerous - Most important - trusts you as a person but does allow you to have your privacy!

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I definitely recommend it for a place to live.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Everyone here is so nice. They answer all my questions. The aides are so helpful. Don't be frightened moving here. The staff and residents help with the transition.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like the food, I am well taken care of. I have no complaints.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like the oatmeal they give me for breakfast. I like that I don't have much to worry about when it comes to my care or things being taken care of in my apartment.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

The people are nice, workers are helpful. Overall, the place is great but like any place there is always room for improvement.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

The people and workers are all very kind. We like how clean it is here as well.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

This community provides both independent and assisted living. My Mother started in I.L. and moved to A.L. Feeling at home is very important, which she does here at IV. The community always has enjoyable activities for the residents. The staff is wonderful and has been very adaptive to my Mother's needs. One final note that is very important, the food is wonderful. This was not a common thread in other communities we checked.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Can't compare to my home, but it's nice, roomy and clean.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

It's very nice. The staff are attentive to you, and if you need something they give it to you.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

It's not my home, but it's very satisfactory.

100% I like living here.

Very friendly staff.

I like it very much.

It's okay.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Good food. Like spending time with friends.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Very happy here! Loves the staff.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Everyone is friendly. Likes the activity programs.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

The food is great and we love the activities offered.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

The help here is very good. Everyone is nice. Pleased with activity and housekeeping.

Good people.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Loves all staff! Everything is AMAZING!

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like not having to do all my own housework. The food is good.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Everyone takes good care of me!

I am happy here.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like it very much. This place fits my needs, everyone is very nice. The aides and other workers are wonderful. Feels like she can talk to anyone here and food is good.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Fantastic staff, caring, intelligent helpful individuals that do a great job of making residents feel welcome.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like that I can have my dog with me. I like the food. They clean my room. I love all the activities, especially volleyball, bingo and poker.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

Fell in love with everyone that works here. They are all so helpful. They really care. It's not just a job.

Review of Independence Village Of Aurora Aurora, OH

I like it here. I like the people I have met here. The food is good. The bedroom and living area space is great.

I really like this place! The care is received is fantastic. The staff is friendly and a does a good job. Whether housekeeping, maintenance or wellness. The activity director has good programs, although it would be nice to have music or entertaining after dinner. Food is delicious!

“10 stars” Everything from the pre-move in process throughout has been exceptional! The chef does a wonderful job making everyone happy! The choices on menu is more than I thought, and am always happy with my selection. I can’t believe that everyone calls me by name, it always makes my day! My family loves visiting me here and always is made to feel welcome!

Love that everyone calls me by name. I couldn’t ask for a better place to be. My son and I can’t believe how many activities I participate in. My son doesn’t call as often because he knows I’m being taken care of.

I like the facility and the people.

Staff tried very hard to please!
Food is great. 5 stars!
Good great activities!
Very clean and neat surroundings.

I enjoy living here and the food is pretty good. The staff is very friendly.

I lived in CT. all my life. It was very traumatic moving to Aurora in 2004 at age 87. It proved to be the best decision I ever made. This place offered many activities, trips and entertainment. The staff is very caring and the residents are great! I’ve been very happy for 13 years!

Made a lot of new friends enjoy food, enjoy the activities. Make friend is the best part of living here.

Staff very friendly and professional.
Everyone knows his first name and says hello.
Lead receptionist is terrific.
Lots of activities.
Great management and maintenance aids are wonderful.
Its warm, safe and comfortable.

Everyone and everything is great!

Everyone is very friendly and I like that I can come and go as I please. The grounds are beautiful – very clean community!

Everyone is very friendly. I love neighbors here and love living close to my family.

I love some of the activities the food is Ok, considering the amount of people. Staff is very nice. Very clean community.

I enjoy making friends with new people. I have enjoyed show the place to visitors. The staff has been most helpful and pleasant. [Removed] is a pleasant face every day. [Removed] is helpful with mechanical things.

I love that I don’t have to cook anymore since living here.

Seeing the maintenance man and other staff is great. Everyone is so nice here.

Everyone is friendly and helpful. It suits me nicely. It is a quiet place to live.

I was a dietician for the Cleveland clinic, and I am very pleased with this community especially the culinary dept.

Activities are really lacking, we’d like to see more music.
Exercise is Ok.
The food is good. Housekeeping is very good. Maint is very attentive.
Lighting is an issue. Noise from Alc unit outside.

I feel at home here!

The resident assistants do a great job in helping all the residents.

The people are friendly.

I would definitely recommend people to live here. The rooms are nice, open, comfortable. They have great window light. You have a lot of privacy, housekeeping, resident assistants and food are great. Couldn’t have picked a better place to live. Lots of activities!

This community is very nice. The help is very good. The residents are very pleasant. There is nothing bad to say. I came here knowing nothing and it didn’t take long to find out how kind everyone is.

I like the community. The people are very nice. The apartment are adequate.

We have it made here. The food is great. It’s all great here.

Everyone is so nice and I love the food.

I really enjoy the food, the friends I have made and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Transportation, friendliness, activities.

My apartment is right-sized for me and I can be alone or go downstairs for company as I desire. I pay a monthly fee for rent which includes room, 2 meals a day, change of linens along with personal laundry. In short, I have my basic living needs furnished so I only have my own personal responsibilities to be concerned with. There are many fine residents here and we are all on a first name friendly basis – and that includes staff, aides, and housekeeping personnel. I enjoy the personal freedom, I can come and go as I please, to do as I please. The meals are nutritious and well presented.

Nice tour

This is a nice community and the staff here did a very nice job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and they answered all our questions. There are a lot of amenities for the residents to take part in as well. We just felt that another community we had visited would be a better fit for my mom.

IVOA

IVOA is a very friendly place. Enjoy working with the Residents.

Everything is fine except the chef!!! Puts things on menu and doesn’t have ingredients to make item!!
FIRE HIM also puts carrots in all soups!!
What has happened to the BINGO?

I enjoy the casual lifestyle, the use of first names, and the ease of living, and the lot of responsibilities that are offered here. I also enjoy the variety and nutrition that the food service offers. Also, the activities are varied and I do participate in selected, especially outings and picnics, diversions. This is a friendly place to live and I enjoy my life here.

Really nice people; good services; really love housekeeping.

[Removed] is a very good care giver. She has compassion and patience with me when I really needed it. She is excellent putting on support hose and I don’t have to pull them up again soon. I like [Removed] very much and love her smile. Bless her!!

Really enjoys how clean it is here; also how friendly everyone is.

Really good and friendly service you can always get an aide when you need it.

Good food. Great activities bingo, bridge, happy hours etc…

Great activities, beautiful court.

Enjoy how friendly staff is, coffee bar is lovely. Never seen anyone be nasty. All around good communities.

Really enjoy living here its all-around really nice; If you have any problem someone is always around to help solve your problem.

Really good trained employees. They all made me feel welcomed and I’m enjoying my stay here a lot.

Helpful and friendly staff.
Not a lot of food options for someone with dietary limitations.

Workers are wonderful, friendly and helpful.
Will find out info for you.
If you have to be someplace, it’s a nice place to be.

Takes care of all my needs; don’t need a lot but helpful.

It’s well run and staff are very good, very hard workers!
Management doesn’t ask for opinions on changes in café hours.
The new chairs in café are uncomfortable.

The care I received at this community was outstanding to the point I was able to more back home. If I ever need to move to a community again this is definitely where I choose.

Waiters are really nice, not too sure about the follow through of other departments, as I’m relatively new.

She said everything is nice.

Need more helping hands.

We feel so very lucky to find Independence Village for my parents. They enjoyed four wonderful years here in a fun, loving and nurturing place. Everyone on the staff was like family to us. I could never imagine a place more perfect than this was for my mom and dad.

Erin Kessler

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, Jan! We are so happy that your parents enjoyed their time with us at Independence Village of Aurora. It is reviews like this that make us feel so honored to have such amazing and dedicated employees. We are glad that they helped make this time special for you and your family.

I liked the community. Would like to live here.

I have been living here since the beginning of January 2017 and have enjoyed it with some room for improvement.

Erin Kessler

Thank you for your review, Joan! We are very pleased to hear that you have been enjoying your time at Independence Village of Aurora. We love when our residents are involved in helping our communities improve. If you have any feedback or suggestions on what would make your home more special, please reach out to Laurel Pitsinger, the Executive Director.

Great place to live, still miss my home.

Erin Kessler

Thank you for your review. We are happy that Independence Village of Aurora could at least suffice as a home away from home for you.

Very friendly staff.

Dining Experience - 4 stars
Temperature control - 2 stars
Manager of handling D.R - 5 stars
Front Desk - 5 stars

Everyone here seems very happy. The staff is great!!!

Great food. Great staff.

Very clean. Everyone is super!

The home is excellent. It is very clean. We have a great cook. The days are filled with activities. Plenty of exercise programs. We have new activity director with new and existing programs. Top management so close and available which is good. Good transportation to malls.

1. I am very pleased with this place.
2. I have only one thing that I feel could be better, if the had one or two regular nurses (RN) on duty all the time.
Other than that, I feel this is a very good & nice place

Very happy with the community. Great food, plenty of activities, wonderful staff

My first visit in the building was okay. Staff was friendly and the coffee was good.

Very clean staff & residents [are] nice, Love the cafe and fresh fruit. Enjoy all the activities (I am always busy). Food is very good, no complaints

I love everything about this community, I am treated wonderful.

The food is excellent, enjoy the activities with [removed] and [removed]

Chef [removed] is WONDERFUL, love to listen to him

I like the people. I like the food. I like the environment. Friendly people, everyone tries to be helpful. I keep busy with activities. I have time to contemplate my life and think about what's left. I like who I sit with at dinner

Perhaps I am not the best to evaluate the facility, not having lived in a similar situation. But the fears that I had were allayed on the 1st visit. [removed] raised my expectation & [removed] and his crew have done a wonderful job on meals. the staff is serious, competent group. The waitresses are fresh faced, young, and very welcome. We look forward to dinner

I like my room. The food is good. I like to go to bingo, ceramic class, I like to listen to the musicians

Very nice... I love it! The food is very good and the employees are all nice. When you call for help, they are all happy to assist

The dining room is very nicely appointed and the food looks fabulous

It is very nice here. Everyone is friendly and helpful. There is always something to do

Very good food, nice employees. Clean

I have been a resident for 10 years and am very satisfied with accommodations, service, and food

Enjoy the activities with caregiver. Love to play rummy cards. Loves the happy hour food and music.

Servers are great, they get me whatever I want. I love the food

Thank you to each and every one of you who helped my parents live out the last couple years of their lives the best possible.
I did not need to worry because you could be trusted and that is a big order to fill when we are talking about our beloved parents.
I will miss everyone too. Independence Village has been a part of my life for almost 2 years! Everyone there showed how very proud to be a part of such a first class organization.

Many thanks for the lovely floral arrangement in [removed]'s memory. It graced the alter in the sanctuary during her memorial service. We will always remember [removed]'s care and the comfort and kindness shown to her during her stay

The food is excellent, the room is comfy and clean. The help is very helpful. Activities are very good. They really know what they are doing here. I love [removed]; she always knows how to make me happy. To many old people, I would like to see more younger generation.

I love the food. I really like the people, they are very friendly and helpful. I like the live music & exercise

Most staff are polite, good workers, happy with them. Could use a better selection of food; meat is often too tough for us to chew. Also when we first moved in, there was a nurse available to us 24 hours a day. Now there isn't one, only one available if you live in assisted living. Toke the coffee away from the breakfast room in the afternoon, only in the morning now. Also took away fruit late in the day. Not enough wait staff to serve coffee at dinner. Could use more powerful toilet flusher. (Room) carpet too thick, causes tripping, the hall carpet is better

Maintenance- good
Nurse- good
Food- average
Workout Room- bad

After spending time at 5 rehab and assisted living facilities, Ind. Village is wonderful! The activities, care, personnel are excellent and the food here is exceptional. The residents living in the independent living apartments are friendly and a joy to know. I believe I have found my new home here at Ind. Village

We have lived here for 5 months, and have found this community a very pleasant place to live. The care and housekeeping has been great.

Wonderful community. Friendly, helpful, and watchful (people). Very close community. I would give the community a 5!
Always something for the seniors to keep busy and use their minds. Food is outstanding. Thank you for being here for families.

Very quick service from the maintenance department. The Grand Buffet (once a month) was exceptional and very special, well done! For the residents and their families, the use of private dining rooms are for small groups, patients.

Very clean, love the cleaning lady. People are very friendly, food is good, and the apartments are just the right size

Everyone is very nice and friendly.
Very clean
Take good care of my apartment.
Good food

Living at Independence Village for the past seven years has been a happy positive experience for both my husband & myself. The staff are all caring, considerate & helpful when needed. For anyone wanting a good, pleasant “home away from home” we would sincerely recommend Independence Village of Aurora.

Perfect fit for my mother!!

My mother has really made an easy transition into this community with the help of all the residents and the staff. The residents have made sure to invite her into there social events and really make her feel welcome in her new living environment. The staff have also done a great job at checking on her often to make sure she is comfortable and her needs are being met in her new living environment. The entire building including the lobby and bedrooms are very well maintained and kept clean for the residents. We could not have found a better fit for my mother and we are very pleased with our choice of this facility.

Amazing !!!!

Very good for people my age lots to do. Excellent meals. Wonderful inculding all kind of cooperator the arround community nothing is perfect So I give if 4. 3/4 star

My son and family live in this area. He brought me here. I am very happy here and enjoy it very much. I find plenty to do to keep me busy. I find the staff friendly and very accommodating.

Everybody tries to be helpful. The food is good and varied. It is kept very clean.

Very friendly, Very clean, Good activities, Excellent attention with maintenance

I live in this community and enjoy my stay here. All my activities are planned daily and food is also supplied everyday. apartment has all that is needed including TV, stove, refrigerator. Daily activities are listed in the daily chronicle.

Best live ever seen anywhere.

I have worked at Independence Village for several months and I have found the staff exceptional. The residents feel like family & the staff definitely takes the time to get to know them & their families. The residents express gratitude for the care they receive.

I love working here. I am lucky to work so closely with some great nice real people. I am also happy to be working with the senior citizen community. I am able to give something back to my people. The seniors are some times neglected and forgotten I want to change that.

Lovely, friendly people. Beautiful and very clean. Very well run and listen to every request from residents. First and only place I would choose.

The buzz around the Aurora community is that Independence Village is the premier place for seniors to call home. The staff is very focused on the overall happiness of their residents and the value they are providing them. They've set the bar very high and continue to deliver world-class care.

Nice Apartments but They Do Not Keep Promises

They were suppose to give my father an orientation but it was 3 days later and still no orientation. They did not give him a handbook as promised. They were suppose to come hook his VCR up but did not come. My Father's apartment is nice, clean and spacious. He really likes it. He doesn't do the activities so I can't rate that. My Father and I were both impressed here when we first saw it, but now 2 months later not as much. He's not very comfortable here but it may be because of the transition.

Loved it!
My sister & I would love to move there.

Very nice place

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time before she developed some issues that would beyond what they can handle, but during her stay here I thought they did an excellent job! They were incredibly accommodating, and really bent over backwards for us while we were there. I really liked that the staff knew the names of all the residents, it really added a personal touch and made it feel much more homey.

I looks like it will be a great facility, but they are not quite there yet.

I looks like it will be a great facility, but they are not quite there yet. There was a lot of water damage when we went, and seems to be a work in progress. They had an apartment with a bedroom with a study. Thinking back those turns would be a little difficult to maneuver in a wheelchair.

The patients and the staff, everyone does seem happy and content.

It would be nice to have some more stimulating activities. The food would be a five, he really likes the food. In terms of cost, they aren't totally up front when you walk in, you don't know that they are going to kind of nickle and dime you. Things are based on the level of care. You are sort of at their mercy when they bill you about a particular level of service, and how much time they spend with a person. Stephanie is a very valuable resource, we had an unexpected and unexplained charge on our first bill. She immediately got on the ball and had it taken care of. The people seemed generally happy here. The patients and the staff, everyone does seem happy and content. I liked that it was roomy.

This is a very nice, clean facility. ...

This is a very nice, clean facility. The food is good. The care response could improve. My mother also wears a Lifeline necklace because she doesn't feel they will respond quickly in the event of an emergency.

Lovely facility.

Lovely facility.

I loved this facility and t...

I loved this facility and thought it would be a perfect fit for my mother, but she refused to even visit.

Mariah was wonderful at making my mom...

Mariah was wonderful at making my mom feel welcome and comfortable, she shared a lot of information and was patient with us. The amenities appear to meet our needs. This may be my moms favorite I would like to come back and have a conversation on total costs to make sure there are no surprises. This place is on the top what we've seen.

Love it.

Love it.

I LIKED THIS PLACE- NEXT TO AURORA FA...

I LIKED THIS PLACE- NEXT TO AURORA FARM. LOCATION WAS GOOD. PEOPLE WERE NOT AS FRIENDLY AS COPLEY.

Very similar to summit point. right ...

Very similar to summit point. right by aurora shopping. No medicaid beds.

B location not so ok,atmosphere rath...

B location not so ok,atmosphere rather institutional, liked patios/balconies,did not like that indep and assist living are totally separate wings

Enjoy the comforts of home without the stress of household chores with Independence Village of Aurora. Our Independent Living and Assisted Living options provide exceptional care services and limitless amenities. Whether indulging in decadent home-cooked meals or getting involved in one of our many events or excursions, there’s never a dull moment at Independence Village.

Not sure if we’re right for you? We have furnished apartments that you are welcome to rent from one night up to three months.