The Village at Stonebridge - McKinney, TX

Beware

This is a poor facility. Memory care employees are poorly trained and the unit is under-staffed. Very high turnover. Common area smells of urine.

Great management and staff!

Mom has been to Village twice. First shortly after it was opened. She was in assisted due to some health issues. Then she moved to a retirement community when she got better.
She has since moved back to Village. First into Memory because of the beginnings of dementia but turned it around after medication so we moved her into assisted.

[Name removed], the Director, worked with us and encouraged us to put her into the assisted because she was doing so well. She does have some memory issues as I am sure some of the other residents do as well but the staff works well with those issues. The staff has been wonderful. Currently mom had a set back in her health and had a fractured backl. Again, we sat down with [Name removed] and discussed our concerns and we worked out a plan to help mom with her back brace which was a difficult issue to deal with. Everyone here tries to help in what ever way they can. Very much appreciated.
No place is perfect but I do recommend Village at Stonebridge very highly.

Thank you [Name removed] and staff!!

Very happy!

My mother and father in-law have lived in the village now for almost a year. We couldn’t be more happy with the community! The the staff is very caring and professional. The food is very good! They have several activities every week and special events often. We moved my father-in-law to memory care a few months back and the transition went well. My wife and I would recommend The Village highly!

Great Facility

The facility, staff and food are top notch. Mom is very comfortable and so are we knowing that she's getting the care we would expect.
It was difficult for her to leave her home in Florida, but the staff and residents have made her feel very welcomed.
She likes to participate in the numerous activities, including the on sight Sunday church service.
We are very happy we discovered this facility .

This was my favorite place as far as the ambience, the staff's interaction among themselves and with the residents. Felt like they really cared about their residents. The activities director was amazing -- very friendly and encouraging. The rooms were nice and they offered for my parents to come for a couple of nights to try out the place. The cost; however, was higher than the other properties and is a real concern for us.

So far so good

This community offers assisted living and memory care. The staff in the memory care area are nice and try to stay on top of things. Mom does not like the food. The community is clean. Things are as good as can be expected.

Good Experience, Pleasant Tour

This is a nice community, and my tour of it was pleasant one. Everything went well, and everyone was kind. The community was well-kept from what I saw. Everything looked neat, and tidy. The staff I met was friendly, and helpful. My questions were answered, and it was a good experience.

My mom lived at Stonebridge for two years. The facility is beautiful with comfortable, well equipped and quiet apartments. It is always clean and fresh. The courtyards provide a pretty view and comfortable outdoor space for residents.

I give especially high marks to the staff. The head nurse, [removed], is compassionate, thoughtful, professional and responsive. She leads a team of the most caring and helpful technicians anyone could hope to have caring for their parent.

My mom was very particular about food and found their dining room provided a great selection of meal choices. Again, the dining staff is also outstanding. Always patient, remembering resident preferences and assisting them beautifully.

The business office is always helpful and responsive as well. The hair salon is staffed with more wonderful people!!

They provided my mom with the best care imaginable throughout her residence at Stonebridge. Moving to assisted living can be a difficult move yet they made it comfortable and brought a real sense of community support to her and our family. I truly enjoy being a part of their community. I recommend them to anyone seeking an assisted living facility that offers great care, good food, a great physical environment and a truly compassionate staff at all levels.

Community to consider

The staff was friendly and answered our questions during our tour. We felt that The Village wasn't a good fit for my parents but it's definitely a good option!

Good community but the kitchen staff could use work

The first week my mother moved here they had plumbing issues. She had gas coming out of her kitchen lines for four days before they had a plumber come out and deem it unsafe. She has since been moved and the issue has been resolved. The staff is friendly for the most part.Their biggest area of opportunity is the kitchen staff. They could improve the daily meals by adding more options. One night my mother ordered fish and it was served raw three times before she gave up and ordered soup.

Very happy with The Village!

Mom is doing great since making the move to The Village at Stonebridge. We are very happy with the care and services they provide mom. She is extremely happy with the move and the friendliness of the staff. Anytime mom needs some help the staff is readily available to assist. The food is really great!

A Pretty Good Experience So Far

So far it has been a pretty good experience for my mother in law here at this community. The community is well-kept, but we have had some minor concerns about the cleanliness in her room. The staff is helpful and kind. There are activities offered and the activities director is very energetic. We know he is safe and being cared for well. This is a community that would get my recommendation.

Our Experience

Mom has been doing pretty good since living here. The community is pretty clean in and out of the facility. My mom loves the meals, she thinks it is great! We did have a problem with the monitoring device but they replaced it.

Review of The Village at Stonebridge - McKinney, TX

This a was a very nice place. They have a apt type with a kitchen people were great

Lots of activities

Beautiful facility, friendly staff, lots of activities for residents but they’d don’t offer a high enough level of care for my mom’s medical needs, so I would have to place her in a separate facility from my dad.

Beautiful place for mom!!

I toured many assisted living places nearby and further away. The Village at Stonebridge kept calling us back. The sales staff was very willing to spend time with us and let us see how things worked. The dining room is beautiful and the food superb! The rooms are clean and well organized. The staff is very friendly.

We moved mom in and the staff taking care of her have been gentle, thoughtful, careful and well trained. We are extremely pleased.

The housekeeping is very general

The food is really good at The Village at Stonebridge. One of the reasons we are there is for the safety button. Some times he presses the button and it takes a while for them to come help him. The housekeeping is very general and they don't really do a deep clean. I would like to see them be a little more thorough. Other than that things are going well and it has been an overall good experience.

Great atmosphere. New property. Loved the lay out. Price is a little higher than budget but I'm hoping we can work something out. Friendly staff. Residents seemed happy and peaceful. This will be my #2 choice as of right now due to price.

VERY nice - only 7 months old - only about 50% occupied at this time. Pricing similar to others in McK. Liked 1 bdrm. Very nice!

They've got a lot of activities. The staff was very helpful and courtesy and glad to show us around the apartments. Their property is beautiful.

I would recommend it!

I would recommend it. It's a very nice and lovely facility. The people who work there are very supportive and helpful. There is a high level of care. The actual rooms are the nicest that I've seen in the area. We have been very pleased. My overall rating of this property is 4+ stars. The Village at Stonebridge is a very nice community. I would highly recommend it if you are in the McKinney, TX area.

Friendly, helpful staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Village at Stonebridge, it is a very nice place! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend them!

At The Village at Stonebridge Assisted and Memeory Care in McKinney, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities in the community that will fulfill thier needs,interests, and goals. Residents have many opportunitesto participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul. From cocktail-hour, gatherings where you can learn about the nuances of a good Pinot Noir, to a discussion of the latest best seller in our Life-Long Learning series, to exploring new ways to stay health in a fitness calss...expect the unexpected. When what you desire most is exactly where you want it to be, celebrate!