Terraces at Skyline at First Hill - Seattle, WA

Part of the Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest family of communities, The Terraces at Skyline is backed by a strong tradition of excellence by a proven leader in senior care.

Ideally located in the heart of Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood, here you’ll find an entire community dedicated to supporting our residents with grace and dignity. They’ll enjoy all the things they love most, surrounded by caring staff members who respect and honor individual needs and preferences.

Our full continuum of on-site health care services — including assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing and rehabilitative care— ensures that even if needs change, our residents will continue to receive quality care in a familiar environment from people they know and trust.

Good Looking Community

I had a decent tour of this community. I toured it for my father and his needs. Everything went well, and I enjoyed my tour. From what I saw everything looked nice, and well-kept. The staff was friendly. It was a good experience.

This is a nice community, but I found it more to be like a hotel then a community for my mom. The staff was very nice and caring. They had nice meals and a good variety to choose from. "i would recommend this to other familes for great care.

Felt like a big hotel!!

The person that conducted our tour was nice and knowledgable they just did not seem as engaging as the community we choose. The building was big, impersonal and felt like a big hotel.

High Price, Low Value

I have been visiting Skyline weekly for the past 6months to assist a friend who is a resident at the Terraces. I find this place to be WAY over priced for what is offered. Residents are paying for a 5 star experience and generally receive 2 star service at the most. Staff is friendly and kind, however, the place is woefully understaffed (and staff are severely underpaid). The result is missed medication times (delivery sometimes late by more than 8 hours), missed room cleaning (by more than a day), poor meal service, non-responsiveness to calls for assistance and/or service.

Also, meals consist of a disproportional amount of processed foods and very little fresh produce. Nutritional content is low and quality of food is equivalent to a chain restaurant like Denny's or Shari's.

Cultural activities are plentiful and generally good, however, exercise classes are geared to the lowest level of ability and are not at all sufficient for maintaining and building strength, balance, and flexibility.

There is little to no effort made to generate a neighborly feeling among residents. If a resident does not make an effort to socialize and make friends, they will be fairly bereft of companionship and friendship here.

I'm sure a nice profit is being made... I question their mission... is it solely about profit or is it about a high standard of service and quality of life?

With the money they bring in here, they could have a higher proportion of skilled (and well-paid) staff: Whole Food Nutritionists, Chefs, Personal Trainers who are Physical Therapists and Geriatric Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Social Planners, a large vegetable and herb garden (they have the outdoor space for this) for residents to garden and partake of, daycare on site for staff and interaction of children with residents, resident pets, the possibilities are endless.

Not on Top of Their responsibilities

Expensive, understaffed, no centralized place for family to discuss issues with staff. The staff aides are very nice, but for 'assisted living' there isn't much oversight, assistance or interaction. My mom has been there for a year now, and she begs to get her toenails clipped. Staff always responds 'not today', and apparently today never comes.

Food is pretty good, dining room staff are very good.

But make no mistake, this is a high priced warehouse. Moving mom soon as I can.

NOT suitable for memory care or dementia

No good for memory care or dementia. The staff do not engage with the residents-Just the 1-2 activity staff spend any time with them.
Poor communication within the staff.
Confusion with medications.
Poor design for confused residents- elevators required to eat or attend activities. Do not recommend.

I wouldnt put mom here

I went to visit this place because I am looking for a place for my 83 year old mother who, can't remember to take her medications. I walked in and it smelled kind of . . . I don't know, just not fresh. It took several minutes before anyone would talk to me. The staff was just not too friendly. I was not happy.

Really like the facilities ...

Really like the facilities and the neighborhood. The cost is probably not within our means.

Brand new memory care. Highrise in do...

Brand new memory care. Highrise in downtown