Tender Reflections of Weston - Weston, WI

Tender Reflections of Weston - Weston, WI has yet not published prices.

Horrible experience here

So much is going on here this place is not being ran the way it is supposed to be. [Removed] could care less about this place. They are understaffed and not trained at all. When we went on a tour there were promises made for my parents an none of this has happened. They have no call button they say they check on them every 30 min and that doesn't happen. We bathe my dad but he is charged for the staff to do that but we do it. 2 residents got into a fist fight and the staff kept yelling "I don't know what to do" so I helped these people out I put in my 30 day notice it isn't safe here. The food is OK and the daily activities may or may not happen.

Wanda Wanda

Dear concerned family member,

I am disheartened to hear about your concerns and wish to address them to the best of my ability. I am always open to receiving suggestions on how to improve our operations or staff training. Please know that our operations and staff training is governed very closely by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. We seek to provide the best level of care possible and employ care ratios that are standard, if not above standard in the industry. Like others in the industry, we deal with employee shortcomings and turnover which can challenge our best intentions. I'm concerned to hear you say "none" of the promises made to you have been honored. DHS requires us to maintain very detailed records of the care we provide to our residents, and I can assure you we follow the resident care plan very carefully. In fact, DHS regularly inspects our records to ensure we are in compliance with our care plans. Sometimes resident family expectations are greater than what is in the care plan and upon notification, we can hold a family care conference to consider adjustments to the care plan. We consider our relationship with the resident family a partnership in providing the best care for our residents. Given the nature of memory care, call buttons tend to get used for everything but their intended purpose which distracts caregivers from performing their cares. We chose to employ proactive cares, checking on our residents frequently to ensure their needs are being met and cares performed, which again, are all documented per DHS requirements. Combative behaviors sometimes do show up in memory care residents and staff does their best to redirect the resident (as restraining the resident is not allowed) and it is always challenging for staff to address the situation. We are regularly inspected by DHS and since our opening back in 2015, we have never had any citations or complaints from DHS in these areas of concern or any other for that matter. I would welcome a conversation with you to review our records regarding bathing and any other cares you feel are not being addressed. Many times the resident family isn't aware of attempted cares that are refused or the cares that are completed. We have a fulltime and part time dedicated Life Enrichment person that ensures activities are provided at least twice each day. We post an activity calendar in the community for all to see and participate in if they choose. Memory care is a little different as it relates to activities, as too much visual or audio stimulus can exacerbate behaviors. It is regrettable that you feel your parents are not safe and have elected to move on...I would love to sit with you and discuss how we can better satisfy the needs of your parents. Feel free to reach out to the Administrator to request a family care conference or to speak to me directly.

Sincerely,

Curt R Crotty
President/CEO
Sanctuary Care Group, LLC
[removed] Mobile

Gorgeous

Really nice place, it’s beautiful, and they have relatively new wings. The facility is gorgeous. However, it didn’t give me a homey feelings. There weren’t a lot of activity going on and they didn’t focus on the residents to be social with each other which are what my loved on needed. I talked to some family members who have loved ones here and asked them how they felt about it and they liked it. Only thing was the turn over for the staff team would make the transition for a memory care patient not an easy one.

Wanda Wanda

Thank you for the feedback. Sometimes our facility just isn’t a good fit for everyone. Every provider in the industry is challenged with staff turnover.

Curt R Crotty