Tanglewood Community - Dawsonville, GA

not a great place

my mother in law used to live her the staff was ok not great. the owner was a stuck up women who never took the time with my mother in law to say hello or any of the other residence. they where only allowed bingo twice week. we had to pay more if she wanted her hair or nails done. if we tried to talk to the owner she was always short with us, never had time or would take for ever to get back with us. my mother in law was so lonely and depressed all the time, she would call say how the would come in her room for few seconds leave. i am so glad she is no longer there.

A good tour!

When I toured Tanglewood Community, I thought it felt like a warehouse. It was all cement and did not feel homey. The people there were nice, but it was not what I was looking for.

Like how close to our house it is, but after seeing Brookdale, this facility seems very plain. Definitely would like to pass.

Not acceptable in any regard. Very patronizing owners. The Billiard room that allegedly was for residents was no more than a garage with a hodge podge of items that appeared had no where else to be stored. The activity room was also the theater room, the craft room and the exercise room and was small and cramped. There are rooms that have regular bathtubs, not handicap accessible. I can't imagine that would work for anyone that needed an assisted living facility. There are signs everywhere telling the residents all of the things that cannot do. Felt like a daycare facility and did not, in my view, allow the residents to maintain their dignity.

Nice looking place, a little pricey

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. The price here was a bit higher than some similar places we looked at, but nothing too out of line. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Nice place

They did an excellent job at Tanglewood Community! It is a very nice place, and they take great care of the residents here. I like that they do not segregate the memory care patients, and allow everyone to socialize and interact.

Things Are Good

We are happy and the facility is very nice, they take good care of my mom.

Tanglewood

Jerry Smith and Tim Green are very good at their job and responsibility.

I think they are doing a very good job.

I think they are doing a very good job. It is clean and the staff is friendly. The activities could have more variety and maybe happen more often. It would be nice to see the staff have a little more interaction with the residents. It's a nice place and in a good location for us and that is why we found them.

A good place for Mom. I too...

A good place for Mom. I took a tour 6-3-14 Jerry was very good at going over all the details

I did visit this amazing place and fo...

I did visit this amazing place and found it to be incredibly lovely. I would live there myself; it's like a hotel with social rooms, large screen tv, library with rocking chairs and a view, a patio and art and music. Beauty and barber shop. Absolutely lovely. The owners are very kind; I liked them immediately. It is a private place and so does not have the usual corporate forced standards, etc.

In speaking with Director this place ...

In speaking with Director this place sounded like a good match for Dad. Country setting, and a large farm across the street that the community residents are taken to for different activities. Not too big. Smoking, outside, is allowed. 22 Rooms total. New facility.

No mention of memory care.

No mention of memory care.

Tanglewood provides Respite and Adult Day Care services. The atmosphere at Tanglewood is rich in daily activities, with restaurant-style dining, lavishly decorated interiors with large common areas and smaller quant and intimate setting nooks. Our residents are viewed as guest likened to a guest at a hotel. We strive to provide a safe, secure, nurturing environment that enhances a person’s livelihood and sense of well being while maintaining their individuality and personal dignity and all the while providing them with the attentive care and compassion they need to make the most of every day.

Our residents' personal preferences are the guiding forces in their customized Senior Living experience. Here, the residents choose how to live each day instead of having it mandated for them. However, the activities are tailored to the individual resident, making sure it meets their needs according to their personal physical and cognitive abilities. We encourage maximum independence, emphasizing freedom of choice, promotion of individuality and protection of our resident’s rights and privacy. We accomplish this in a caring atmosphere of respect and dignity while providing a very comfortable, safe and secure environment that they can call home. Thus, they enjoy a greater quality of life than they would living alone.