Morningside of Gainesville - Gainesville, GA

Our outstanding home

We are really liking that care at this community for my and my husband. The staff are excellent and really care about hear your needs. We like the menu of great meals. The activities are offered for when we want to participate. We are happy here and would recommend this community.

Process of updated when I toured

When I was there the community was in the process of updating the building so I couldn't judge my opinion on the appearance due to the construction. The staff seemed friendly and helpful and considering it was in the middle of being updated the overall place was extremely clean.

Good only if your relative can care for themself. Father had stroke, uti,went to hospital and rehab. Talked to director because of his condition. Was assured they went to 4 levels of care and then hospice. Paid to hold his room. He returned over month later, at level 2 care. Numerous occasions found him in room, door closed, no lights, t.v, not even fluids beside him. Room very hot, he would try to take off clothes. Returned to hospital, : uti, dehydration. Got call from head medical, he could not return to morningside. They were not qualified to care for him. After cat scan, discovered he had another stroke morningside failed to recognize. When we moved him, several personal items were gone from his room. Director never contacted me. Some employees were great, others quite unpleasant when dealing with them. They need to know their limitations

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and was sorry to read of your impression of our community. Resident care, safety and happiness is our top priority. We carefully assess each resident's needs prior to move-in as we want residents to call Morningside home for years to come. On occasion, an individual will need a higher level of care. In that event, we partner with the family to find the best placement for their loved one. I would welcome a conversation with you where we can discuss the specifics of your father's situation.

No better place

I am so happy to write this review. Morningside has been a serious blessing to me. My mom lost my dad 2 years ago and then my sister 6 mo ago. That all being said, it is just me now taking care of my 90 year old mother. Roselyn, Bonnie, Juanita, Diane and all the others have made this transition great for my mom and myself. The food is excellent, the care is genuine and they listen. This is a must for me. Thank you guys at Morningside for being so......wonderful and caring.

The location felt run down and dowdy. Also, it would have been hard for a person with poor sight to get around the hallways.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your feedback. Morningside of Gainesville strives to deliver quality care and finest hospitality experience to our residents, we offer a variety of rooms and floor plans to accommodate various needs and budgets. All of Five Star Senior Living communities undergo regular maintenance, cleaning and periodical renovations. We would like to invite you over for another tour to showcase how beautiful and thriving our community really is, we have a dedicated staff member that would love to take you around and join you for lunch. Please visit our web site to schedule a tour and we hope to see you back: [removed]

Perfect Solution

My brother-in-law had become very debilitated after an illness and could not safely return home in his weakened state. He was in need of a facility that would support and nurture him back to strength and independence. I spoke with a case manager at the hospital who contacted 'A place for Mom' and put me in touch with Mary Bell who came to the hospital within hours to evaluate his needs. By the end of the day, arrangements had been made to have my brother-in-law transferred to Morningside Assisted Living in Gainesville, GA.
I felt particularly comfortable with this choice because they had cared for my father prior to his death some ten years ago. Stepping into Morningside, I was pleased to find many of the same faces and smiles that had helped my dad. The administrative aspect of the transfer was efficient and easy. The nursing staff was attentive to details and ready with suggestions. Setting up physical therapy and wound treatment was seamless. Everyone was kind and friendly. After two weeks, my brother-in-law was walking the halls and ready to go back home. The experience was marvelous for all of us.
The assistance of 'A Place for Mom' was invaluable and Morningside was the perfect solution. I recommend both without reservation.

good facility

Morningside Of Gaineville is a good facility. They have him on a good diet, good food. He is getting good supervision. It is a good facility. He is happy down there.

repairs being done

They're doing some repair on the building. They offered my mother in law counseling. She participates in the activities which include bingo and sing along.

Very pleased

We are very pleased with the care that our mother is getting. All personnel are extremely frinendly and caring.
Since coming to this facility, her health has stabilized and improved.
It is a comfort to know she is so well cared for and comfortable.

I certainly recommend this place.

I love this community! It is truly simple living. The pace of this community is very conducive to my moms needs.

The care team is always on point.

The activities are good. I wish they had a bus to take residents out in a group.

Director not experienced; didn't know how to handle when resident takes her own medication. That said, she was very friendly and pleasant.

all one level; help with meds and pha...

all one level; help with meds and pharmacy;makes sure meds are taken in correct dosage; will do low and no sodium and sugar free for diet; small ford van to transport residents