Susan Care Home LLC - Surprise, AZ

This was an easy decision!

I wanted to find a place for my mom that was close to me and I was supposed to go on several tours, but when I first came here I loved it and never went anywhere else. The people are so nice and friendly they made it pretty easy to make a decision. The owner was very friendly and helpful. When I first walked into the house, I noticed that it’s very secure and no one can get out unless you know how to. I got trapped briefly because of how secure it is which was hilarious to me! When we moved my mom in, we didn’t have to bring any furniture either, just her personal things. Something that I liked about this place is that she’s around people that are within her same age bracket and there’s a doctor that comes by to see them about once a month. He’ll call you to let you know how they’re doing and then they get their medications delivered directly to them. I also like that it’s close to me, it isn’t in a noisy neighborhood, and across the street from them is a big open field. The staff takes great care of my mom and there are usually 3-4 people working at one time. The house is very nice and there’s plenty of room, but it’s small enough to stay well organized; it stays spotless and they do laundry twice a week. There’s plenty of food and they even have paperwork hanging up in the kitchen that shows the nutrients you’re eating. They also have books and menus of what each individual resident can eat based on their diet needs. They have sing alongs, movie nights, they can play cards and people even come over to visit and take the residents out to do things. I’m paying the same here as I was at a previous facility and have found that my mom is getting better care here. I DEFINITELY recommend them!

great place!

My mom was 95 years old and she was only there for two months. She was totally handicap and they took care of her every needs. I would give them all 10's but it only goes up to 5. They were so good to her, nice and caring. The food was excellent. I ate there with my twin brother sometimes. They made the last part of her life great!

A Place For Mom and Karen Reedy and Susan Care Home and Reme.

Mom passed away only 3 days less than a month while at Susan Care Home. During that brief time my family became close friends with the owner, Reme, his staff as well as with a few of the residents. Our experience includes exceptional consideration given to Mom's needs physically, emotionally and spiritually. The attention given to Mom by the staff was more than one could ask. Reme, owner, talked of his residents as his "family". He stated he has Christmas, Thanksgiving and holidays meals with "family". Susan Care Home is a bright, cherry and and happy home. Mom was bathed, feed and cared for in a specific manner intended only to her needs. She was never left alone and when she need to talk one of caretakers simply sat with her on her bed and they talked even though it was past 1:00am. One morning when I showed up all of he lady residents had their nails painted. They were all so proud and and had to show their new nails to me. Meals were prepared by a retired professional chef in a way intended only for residents. We rate the meals as excellent. The meals were varied and prepared in a family way. Residents ate at a dinning table family style - if they wanted to. Otherwise meals were served in the residents rooms. Caretakers ate with the residents at each meal.

I need to mention Karen Reedy from "A Place for Mom" as she is the reason we found SCH in the first place. Karen's attention and followup at each step lead us to SCH. Since we had only one day to find a place for Mom, Karen simply meet the challenge. My feeling now, since Mom is gone, is you all deserve three cheers for a job well done. We plan on recommending Karen and Reme to anyone in need for A Place for Mom.

When your loved one moves into Susan Care Home, they become part of our family. Our loving and experienced staff cares for your family member as if they were our own.

We provide TLC and one-on-one care to our residents twenty four hours a day. It is a private home, not a nursing home.

We take care of the laundry, assist with medications, assist with all activities of daily living for all levels of care and offer delicious and nutritious meals.

Available Care for: