Sunshine Health Place - Thousand Oaks, CA

Meets minimal standards; no admission packet to review and did not offer information about preadmission fees.

We were welcomed by two staffers, and we toured two of the four homes. We appreciated having this option, as one home was superior in nearly all ways. The homes were clean and sunny, but the halls were too narrow in one of the homes, which would make it difficult for Dad to maneuver in his frequent trips to the bathroom. We were pleased that Dad could be with plants outdoors at the roomier house, as he is a gardener. Because one of the homes had some drawbacks, I’m splitting the difference on my ratings. Perhaps in the future when we are closer to making a decision, we will be able to tour the remaining two homes.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff where very friendly and professional during our tour of there community. They made sure to answer all of my questions I had for them with knowledgeable answers and detail. They had a great activity program as well as an impressive dinning experience. It was just not the right location in the end for my father.

Very disappointed with the employees.

The caregivers that are from here are extremely rude, they make promises that they "forget" about and they did not show me any respect while I was there. If they decided to take a step off of their high horse for a moment then I might have been able to consider, but with their level of unprofessional behavior I would not recommend to anyone I know.

Not a good fit

I toured this community and did not feel comfortable with the manager at the time of the tour. The community seemed to be clean and well taken care of. I did see that they did have activities that were offered. I think other families might need to experience the community to see if it would be a good fit.

They were really caring and nice people

It was very welcoming. My mother in law was very comfortable right away. They were really caring and nice people. We felt like it was a home for her. The facility is nice and clean. The staff is very nice and helpful. I can't rate the activities because my mother in law wasn't able to participate in them. Not applicable. I would recommend the Sunshine Health Place. I have already recommended them to others.

My husbands grandmother ended up getting kicked out of Sunshine Health Place. We talked to them about our financial situation and they said "not a problem at all, you can have her live there and pay us whenever you get her house sold". So we said great, got her moved in, then got a call from the owner yelling at us and asking where the money was. They were very rude to us at that point. Two weeks later grandma ended up at the hospital and we got a call while she was in the hospital that she was not allowed to come back.

Nice.

Nice.

Very nice home! Clean and loving env...

Very nice home! Clean and loving environment. Laminate flooring and nicely decorated rooms. Administrators are very sweet and loving.

Sunshine Health Care, located in Thousand Oaks, California, less than one hundred miles from Los Angeles, is an assisted living facility. Only about twenty miles from Malibu and the Pacific Ocean, it's conveniently located right on Highway 101. Families can relax knowing their beloved senior, still independent but no longer able to live alone, will get the small amount of care they require in a comfortable living arrangement. We pride ourselves on the care provided by our staff. Caregivers are available twenty four hours a day, every day of the year in order to assist elderly residents with bathing, dressing, managing their medications and traveling to doctors appointments and other activities. Our facility offers private rooms and apartment-style units which residents can furnish and decorate with items from home as he or she wishes. In this way, each room has it's own personal touch. We pride ourselves on helping our elderly clients feel at home and remain independent. Sunshine has a terrific gym, a theater and a library on the premises for residents use. There is also a serene garden and beautiful yard for reflection and relaxation or to spend time with visitors. Residence can also sit on our lovely patio to enjoy looking at the gardens. We have a thoughtful daily activities program. All our activities are tailored to the residents' interests. There are accommodations for different religious services. Additionally, there often are guest speakers from different religious groups to address the residents. Residents regularly have the option to participate on outings to museums, the movies, theater, shopping trips, sports and concerts. Sunshine Health Place is the perfect assisted living facility for seniors who are still thriving but need assistance. There's no safer or more suitable place for the senior in your life to spend their later years.