Belmont Village Thousand Oaks - Thousand Oaks, CA

Beautiful Tour

The Belmont Village Thousand Oaks was a lovely tour. It is a beautiful community. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. My friend had some concerns regarding the memory care security. Not the right fit.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my father.The staff where easy to communicate with and on time to our appointment. They made sure to provide us with lots of great information and answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was nicely maintained and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Nice place!

From what I saw, this facility is quite nice. It was beautiful and clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our main concern was the location of the facility, along with the fact that they did not provide the level of care that my loved one needed, but besides this, it was very nice!

Good experience

My tour of this community was very positive. They did not offer a program for residents with Parkinson's disease and that is why we did not choose it.

A community for care

The care at this community is outstanding. The staff is always letting me know he progress. The meals are healthy and a good variety. The community is clean and maintained. The community does have alot of nice activities, she likes alot of the games and learning how to knit. She is like always active with her friends. We would highly recommend this community for the outstanding care and value for other families.

Not Enough Men Residents

When I stopped by for my tour I saw there were more people who were further along with their memory condition. I also saw a lot of woman, I didn't see a good balance of men at this community. It was not a good fit.

Excellent Senior Living

My Mother has been at Belmont for five weeks. I had to move my mother into a memory care unit from the hospital, so there was not a lot of time to prepare for this major change in our lives. I toured other facilities and choose Belmont Village. [Removed] was truly an Angel he was very supportive and helpful and was the initial reason I chose Belmont. The entire staff at Belmont Village has been amazing. They have not disappointed. They have gone out of their way to assist us in this difficult time. [Removed] the Executive Director has been there every step of the way. Their staff at every level has been wonderful and caring. They truly care about their residents. [Removed] and [Removed] are available by appointment to see the residents at the facility. I decided to utilize this service. These doctors are wonderful they listen to their patients and the families. I have gone to every appointment with Doctor [Removed], I love her she explains everything in a way a layman can understand. [Removed] has seen my mom once and he has also been great and explained everything personally. They are very accessible, which is a very different experience from other doctors we have seen recently. They charge a flat rate so there are no surprises at the end of the month. I would highly recommend Belmont.

Worth the price!

My father has been in this community for almost 2 months and they have been incredible. He has improved healthwise and the staff has been very hands on. He is still a little homesick, but they try their best to make him feel at home.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. It’s been a pleasure having your father in our community and being of service to your family. We encourage you to regularly share your thoughts and concerns with your community team so that we can continue to provide your family with a positive experience.

Not impressed with the layout!!

The staff where all very friendly and gave my loved one and I lots of great information about there establishment during our tour. The only thing I did not like was how the rooms where all set up. If my mother where to be sharing a room her bed would only be a couple feet away from her roommates leaving no privacy. It was just not the right fit for my mom.

A place to live

Wish I could give Belmont 100 stars. My dad loves it there. Every staff member is kind, caring,and goes out of their way to help me. My dad always looks clean and well cared for. Much better than the care he was getting at home. My dad sleeps less and really enjoys all the activities. (Especially happy hour) I will always be greatful to a place for mom for recommending Belmont village

So glad we choose Belmont

My Mom has been living at Belmont for 3 years.
Everyone has been beyond wonderful.
She feels safe and well cared for.
The staff is amazing. All kinds of activities, outings and special events (cook-outs, Casino nights).
Her memory is starting to get a bit off, so the PALS check on her all the time. Cindy (activities director) is amazing and encourages her to go on outings and daily activities. Tammy and Ed (Drivers), take her for rides, which she loves to do.
All the staff in the nursing station, knows her meds and keeps track of her issues. They do a fantastic job keeping me informed, as I live 1600 miles away.
The wellness staff keeps her active with physical and occupational therapy. She loves
Angel!
Dining room is exceptionally good. The wait staff knows what she likes and when she can't decide, they choose for her.
I cant say enough good things about the staff and facility.
It is on the expensive side, but the peace of mind knowing she is safe, has the help she needs, and is participating in life at 96 is worth it.

Belmont Village has my recommendation!!

My mom is still getting settled into Belmont Village Thousand Oaks. The staff are very professional and nice to the residents. I had a chance to try a meal there and the food was good they also have a variety of choices. There is a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. The upkeep of the community is tremendous.

Thoughtful, genuine, caring staff.

I toured a few other places as well, but I liked that Belmont is privately owned and run. I like the way they approach it. They have a good caregiver to patient ratio. They're quick to respond to anything. They're very thoughtful, genuine, sincere, and caring. They've really stepped up to the plate to care for my wife, they're taking good care of her. She's adjusting well and it seems to be working out. They do have a lot of activities, most she can't participate in, but they have customized some for her. She loved the food immediately. I've eaten it too and it is really good.

Toured the memory care unit and saw dementia programs and the staff. The staff seemed professional. warm and attentive. The programs seemed well thought out for dementia patients. The staff seemed patient and skilled to handle dementia issues that arose. The facility is clean and upscale. I do not have a loved one here, so I cannot personally rate it, but the tour was good.

Very Impressed

I toured quite a few places and found Belmont Village to be the most friendly and the most helpful. Everything is there, all the services are there, you don't have to go anywhere. Overall the care has been outstanding. They are constantly trying to help my loved one out even though she is still fairly independent. I am very impressed.

Very nice place

Overall our experience with Belmont Village has been a very positive one. The people here are great, the staff is attentive, caring, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. They really exceeded our expectations!

A great place

The facility is amazingly clean. If you have to be in a place like that, I think this is a great place to be. I think it's great. My best friend lives here and she seems comfortable. Everyone there is extremely friendly. The care services and activities are excellent. From what I have seen, they seem to be doing a good job at taking care of her. I can't rate the value because I'm not sure about it. It's not applicable.

The best

From the first phone call, our experience with Belmont Village exceeded all expectations. Staff interactions have been consistently caring and professional, indicating a uniformly high standard of hiring, training and personnel quality. The facility is gorgeous, with a real sense of warmth and fun -- dedicated to actual senior living, not just keeping seniors alive. The on-site availability of rehab and additional support services makes it do-able and convenient to accommodate our parents' physical and mental needs, with flexibility as needed for individual concerns. Our family has checked and experienced numerous other residential facilities, and this has been by far the most positive. We're delighted to have our parents at Belmont Village and that they have a sense that this is "home" even after a relatively short time.

My impressions of Belmont Village, Thousand Oaks

I have been very impressed with Belmont Village in Thousand Oaks. They really pay attention to details.
The staff is very friendly, and the food is great.

ok, but not quite what I expected

It just hasn't been quite what we expected. The morning routine seems to be extremely rushed, which does not set well with my mom. It has not been a smooth transition. It has only been a month, so we are optimistic that things will get better.

The place is very nice and clean, and the staff is friendly, however they need better orientation and care services. Any time I have voiced any concern though they have shown a willingness to listen and help out where they can.

Amy Self

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to make each new transition as smooth as possible, so we appreciate your input and will use it to be more proactive going forward. Please don't hesitate to contact your executive director with any unresolved or ongoing concerns so that he can help ensure that your mom and your family are comfortable and well-settled.

Review of Belmont Village Thousand Oaks Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Thousand Oaks, CA

Very pleasant environment. Angel was helpful and caring. Food appeared to appeal to different tastes. It smelled good not like some senior homes.

Great place

They’re a great place, with caring and compassionate staff. The parking was very limited – for residents only. They have nice outside areas with a good ambiance. The food was very good. We recommend it.

Friendly staff and inviting...

Friendly staff and inviting atmosphere

Things are going really good there, w...

Things are going really good there, were really comfortable having them there

Good Engagement of Residents

They didn't have a big room available when I was looking. My mom is spoiled - she came from a 6000 square foot house so all these rooms feel like shoe boxes to her. Money is no object for her so I tried to find the biggest room so she doesn't feel claustrophobic. They said the big room might be available by the end of the year so I'm considering a move.

I like the way they engage the residents like if my mom went back to her room after lunch and refused to come out they said they would send someone to get try and get her out to participate in the activities. If they can't then they'll sit with her. They have all these activities to occupy her and redirect her when she starts sundowning and gets upset.

We just put my dad there a little whi...

We just put my dad there a little while ago. The good things is that my parents lived in Thousand Oaks, so the Belmont Village is only 3 minutes away from their house, and they're already familiar with the town and with the weather so the Belmont Village is comfortable to them. My dad refers to all his neighbors there as his friends.

Belmont was just not able to provide ...

Belmont was just not able to provide me with the good feeling we were looking for. Just does not seem like it would be a good fit for our situation. The community is nice and well maintained. The staff was friendly but just could not provide the confidence we needed.

This is right around the co...

This is right around the corner from our home. They only have 1 bedrooms (and smaller) and the cost for the two of you for the larger size would be around $8000. While the place is new and nice and clean, it seemed overpriced to me. The kitchenette was kind of cheesy (even though you wouldn't necessarily be cooking a lot, it still looked cheap to me), good large bathrooms and walk-in closet. Have to take your laundry to facilities - that seemed like a hassle to me... lots of planned outtings.

Love the Enrichment programs like Cir...

Love the Enrichment programs like Circle of Friends, MBA and such.

Had lunch with mom she thought food w...

Had lunch with mom she thought food was very good.

Able to provide 24/7 medication and I...

Able to provide 24/7 medication and Insulin injections

Belmont Village Thousand Oaks is conveniently situated, with easy access to Los Robles Regional Medical Center and the abundant restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues along Thousand Oaks Blvd. and in Westlake Village.

Also nearby are numerous churches and two synagogues, Thousand Oaks Performing Arts and Civic Center, California Lutheran University, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, and the Goebel Senior Center, a state-of-the art recreation center for older adults in Conejo Valley.

Belmont Village Thousand Oaks offers 105 studio and one-bedroom Assisted Living residences and a separate, secured Alzheimer’s Neighborhood with 34 private apartments. Residents enjoy Belmont Village’s customary high standard of care, beautifully appointed common areas, industry-leading programs, and luxurious amenities.

The Mediterranean-style building is a split level design that compliments the surrounding hillside and features unobstructed views of the Santa Monica Mountains. The community has a variety of outdoor spaces, including a first floor courtyard, dining patio, outdoor exercise garden, and a generous covered balcony on the second floor.