Sunshine Care Assisted Living and Memory Care - Poway, CA

Sunshine Care is a beautiful 32-acre community of assisted living homes located in poway. 5-acres of organic fresh fruits and vegetables are grown for our residents. Our intergenerational program consists of churches and school children getting involved with the farming and activites with our residents.

Specifically asked for places with day care and/ or respite care.
No Day Care, Minimum Respite care too long - 30 days!

Cost A BIT too high for MOMS sustained Income

Amazing Community

Sunshine Care is the most unique community to service Memory Care. They can manage the needs of their residents on every level so they can age in place. The care staff and management is outstanding!!! Sunshine Care is privately owned so everyone knows exactly who your loved one is, and what is going on with their care. You will never have to cold call a toll free number and give 5 minutes of background to get your question answered. Everyone from the Care Manager, Nurse and even the Executive Director [removed] is directly accessible.

Once you tour and compare the market, Sunshine Care is the only answer to ensure your loved one is cared for as if they were the staff’s own family member

Excellent care!

They've been wonderful! My husband seems to be much stronger. The reason we chose Sunshine is they have a lot of staff. They are so good with everybody and they all work together as a team. I've even seen the manager help a person eat.They are so good to my husband. Everyone I've talked to says the same thing about the staff.

I couldn't ask for better!

I absolutely love and am so happy with the Sunshine Care Assisted Living and Memory Care. The staff has gone above and beyond they will call and send me pictures of my mother when I am not able to visit. When I was on vacation my mother had to be hospitalized and one of the nurses went with her and stayed with her until the family got to the hospital. They truly have the biggest hearts and I can't say enough good things about them. I highly recommend this place!

Tour for care

The staff were nice and very caring to our needs. They were able to answer my questions on the care that he would receive. They do offer a lot of activities and the community is very clean My father would have liked this community and families might want to tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Home Away From Home

First tour and I knew this was perfect for my mother. She has been there for less than a month and seems happy.
Only draw back is it is very expensive and do not know how long she can stay.

A Good Community

I was able to take a tour of this lovely community. I did like what I saw through out the place. I can imagine the residents are happy too. I had notice the residents were being transported around by mini-vehicles to such things like activities. I felt this could confuse my mom. Overall the tour went good but I did not choose this community based on the price. It did not fit my budget.

More than we hoped for.

Mom is almost 92 with dementia. We hesitated choosing a place until things became too difficult for us and there were no more options., We chose Sunshine. We loved the unique environment that's more like a large loving home with friends, than an institutional setting that sterile and cold. It's warm and inviting and Mom is so happy there, has less anxiety and her blood pressure is lower than it has been in 30 years. Mom doesn't feel like a number, or an old person without feelings. She knows she's loved by family and she continues to feel loved and cared for at Sunshine. The staff is wonderful and they truly enjoy their work. They are upbeat, kind, patient and compassionate. Their expertise is invaluable for families who acknowledge their limitations caring for a loved one with dementia. The facility is nestled among pine trees and surrounded by beautiful gardens. There are activities that Mom not only enjoys, but those that help her feel productive and proud. She feels respected and even appreciated for just being there and being herself. She is well-cared for. The in-house visiting doctor is wonderful and we know Mom is in good hands. We always feel welcome and are so thankful to have found Sunshine Care.

Great place!

Our experience with Sunshine Care has been a very good one. You can tell that the staff really get it here. They understand the sort of help that seniors need and how best to provide it. They take great care of each and every one of their residents, and know how to keep them comfortable and happy.

Very Good

I'm just going on the part my wife is in. It's very clean what I have been in. I've been in the games room and that's clean. I think the cost is fairly reasonable with what the other places I've checked out. We have a fixed amount. The only extra thing I pay for is the medication management. Other than it's about the same price as the others so overall it's not too bad.

The activities, they say they do as much as the can. My wife has dementia so it's hard to nail down which activities they're actually having without being there all the time. If they don't want to do it they don't force them to do it. I'd like to see a bit more in the exercise section. They really needed exercises every day, I think. It really depend on the people I guess but in my wife's case she could do exercises.

I like that they use a lot of their own produce in their kitchens from their vegetable garden. Where my wife is, is quite good. It's very good in fact.

I Definitely Recommend Sunshine Care!

It is different than a lot of other places I saw. My mother has her own room in a ranch-style home with 6 other women and a caregiver that lives there 24 hours a day. I like it because it's more like being in your own house than being in a facility-type place.

It's expensive but a lot of these places are expensive. The residents get breakfast, lunch, and dinner but it's not like they can go into the fridge any time they want - they can't.

There are a lot of activities but my mother doesn't take advantage them. I wish they could make it a little more personalized that way - if you're not going to take advantage of the activites then you could pay less.

It's a beautiful place on 72 acres with ranch homes and two building-like facilities there. If you want a more normal, home-like experience for your parent or relative, this is the place to be.

Michelle Andreasen

Thank you! We just discovered we can respond to these reviews. Hope all is going well.

Country Atmosphere

We chose this community for the surrounding environment. It has plenty of trees and greenery. It has a very country atmosphere to it and really makes it relaxing. The staff is really friendly and truly cares about their residents. The staff always seems happy and they are always willing to be accommodating. The price is a great value for what you get. We are very happy with Sunshine and the care they are providing.

Met with director today. Impressed b...

Met with director today. Impressed by her. Seemed very clean, grounds were nice, needed to mow the lawn in some areas, lots of plants,7 buildings,2 buildings for more dependent patients (not dad), 5 ranch style homes have 6 residents living there more independent with a "caregiver"- non nurse that lives in house, but 24/7 ER care if needed. Large kitchen/dining area with family room, community tv/internet. Can get internet in their rooms. On site: salon, MDs can see patients. Families welcomed anytime.

I think this is the best place so far...

I think this is the best place so far for my mother. Although they are oriented to memory care which isn't an issue for her. Have nice-sized rooms. The grounds are lovely, the people very friendly. Several different levels of care available, although when it steps up, there might be only divided semi private rooms available. Cost $4950.

It wasn't as warm and inviting as Sil...

It wasn't as warm and inviting as Silverado but the people seemed very attentive.