Sunrise of Sabre Springs - San Diego, CA

Sunrise of Sabre Springs - San Diego, CA has yet not published prices.

Great experience

My grandfather [Name removed] lived in this facility before he passed away. He was resistant to move but the team was very supportive during the process. [Name removed] the Executive Director really made my family feel so at ease. It was so hard for us to come to terms with grandpa moving into an assisted living. I thank every caregiver and nurse who tended to him. Their care is like no other and I am so glad he was able to spend his last days in a place that truly cared for him. I would highly recommend this facility to any family who truly wants quality. The chef [Name removed] prepares wonderful food one of the things grandpa always said was the food was the best part of it all. Thank you Sunrise of Sabre Springs for taking care of not only my grandpa but my family during this hard transition. I will forever be grateful!

Family loves this facility!

We are so happy to have found sunrise. It had been recommended by friends and when the need arose we had a new facility near by. They have been so loving, helpfu, communicative, and kind. The food is even delicious! The activities are awesome and the staff excellent. It is clean and they are are warm to everyone. Can not say enough of the excellent care.

We work closely with this community -physician office

Amazing community feels like home staff is attentive and responsive. Residents are always cheerful and busy. Would highly recommend.

MKT primary care

Great place!!

Sunrise is a beautiful warm and cozy community. The residents look very clean and happy. The management team is tenured and helpful. They are knowledgeable and really care!

Visited the La Costa location. Smaller version of a large resort style set up. Friendly staff, prideful of their ten year status. Not much staff turnover. Pet friendly. Offered outdoor space. Took the time to get to know residents. JDPower rated #1 2018. Floors have a charge nurse station, offering the most comprehensive care plan outlined. Facility offers, on site medical care, site seeing tours of the surrounding community, and free transportation. Moderately priced. Not the least nor the most expensive. Overall, an excellent value for the money.

Impressed!

This facility has great people. I took a tour of the different rooms and they were very informative of all aspects. I felt at home, and at ease with the atmosphere.

Sunrise of Sabre Springs Has Earned Our Respect & Recommendation

Our family has first hand experience with placing 2 grandmothers in local facilities and touring more than 8.
Sunrise of Sabre Springs is by far the best. Brand new in mid 2017, the facility was designed to be state-of-the-art in terms of access, convenience, safety, and a very warm environment. The staff is competent, engaged, welcoming, friendly, and constantly striving to meet my mother's needs. My mother loves the staff and the non-obtrusive way they conduct themselves.
After having 6 months to judge the Sunrise experience, I now understand that even more importantly than the staff are the residents and the "friends" relationships that are fostered and created between the residents. Sunrise residents are not complainers. They want to be engaged in active discussions and activities, which Sunrise provides. Here are a few of the services (you never think about) I have come to rely on:
1. Monthly status calls reviewing my mother's physical, mental, and social well being.
2. Computer records of every medication she takes - date, time, who administered, etc.
3. Immediate calls to her physician if she is in need, with a follow on call to me 24x7.
4. Meals delivered to her room if she is not feeling well, or just plain tired.
5. Complete administration of every medication (she has 11 meds) from working with the doctor on a prescription to ordering refills when needed.

I could go on but I think you get the picture. Sunrise has done a great job. 5-stars!

Regarding the cost, we did find Sunrise to be 0-20% more expensive than 5 of the other facilities we toured, and 10-20% cheaper than 3 of the facilities we toured. They do have a "move in fee," but so did many of the other facilities we toured. Key word is negotiate, and you do get what you pay for especially when it comes to trained staff. Costs are a function of the size of the apartment you want, the frequency / level of services you need, and the number of medications you need to have administered. We found them to be reasonable.

Best place hands down

It seems that my cousin is doing very well at this facility and she is very happy. The place itself is very clean. She is always doing something, she has her dog there, and she walks her dog all the time. I am very happy with the staff team and with the facility. They also have a beauty shop on site and I make her appointments to when she will get her hair washed. Everything is so clean, neat, and well cared for. From all the places that I’ve seen and looked into this is the best place I can find for her hands down.

No activities director

I toured here when looking for a place for my dad. The facility is very nice and new but the price was out of our budget. It’s a beautiful building, everything is brand new and everyone has their own private rooms. It’s not full either so no one has to double up in rooms or anything like that. The cleanliness was excellent while I was there, though I haven’t seen it since. The people are very nice there as well. But there’s an initial buy-in that you have to pay and it was very pricey. If it hadn’t been so expensive we may have chosen them. The only thing I didn’t like was that they didn’t have an activities director and I think that’s an important thing to have because these residents need something to do so they aren’t just sitting there bored. I think maybe they didn’t have one, though, because their number of residents wasn’t that high.

This was a nice tour

We had a nice tour of this community everything went well for the most part. From what we saw the community looked nice and had a lot of amenities for their residents to choose from. We just felt that the pricing was not what we were looking for.