Abbington of Arlington - Columbus, OH

Staff is Friendly

My husband is doing very well here, he has settled into his apt and the staff has been very friendly and helpful. My husband likes going to the dining room and they have a nice menu for him to choose from there. The community is very nice, clean open and bright. There are lots of amenities for the residents to choose from should they want to as well.

A Great Place to Live

I searched for the right facility to place my loved one in and Abbington of Arlington was it. They are very friendly, accommodating, have lots of activities to keep folks busy and my loved one loves this place! I couldn't have chosen a better facility anywhere in the Columbus, Ohio are for her! I am very grateful that we found this facility!

Great Place for MOM!

The management team is very nice and professional. They certainly understand the issues that my Mom was facing and would be dealing with in the transition. Everyone there has been so helpful and understanding with my Mom and her attitude. The only thing I wish I knew how to help her with is the bonding to a new place quicker. I do not think that reflexes on the team at Abbington at all!

For the most part things are going pretty well.

For the most part things are going pretty well. There have been some communication issues, however they have been addressed. They are pretty good with activities, except on the weekends then it gets kind of boring, they could do more on the weekends. They have been pretty responsive to my emails. They do offer transportation, but it's pretty limited. Everyone has been pretty friendly there. We chose it because it was pretty small and intimate.

generally ok

Generally the place is clean and for the most part the staff is friendly. On the weekends there really isn't any leadership around. The temperature in the rooms is either 80 degrees or 65. Doesn't seem like it can be fixed. I did see one resident ask for help in getting to the bathroom and got no help. He asked my husband to help but for safety reasons we couldnt. The other residents individually asked for him to get help and then my husband did as well. The staff member ignored them and continued to clean the kitchen. The resident was almost in tears. If you bring problems to their attention they generally try to help.

Wonderful, loving place for my mom

My experience having my mom at Abbington of Arlington has been excellent. She loves it there, referring to the staff as "her girls." Because of her dementia she is frequently frustrated and angry but they are always very patient and understanding with her. They even allow me to vent sometimes!! The facility is very clean, family are invited to share meals when possible, everyone is extremely responsive. There is an effort made to give my mom the opportunity to be as independent as possible. My mom is allowed to keep her cat which is a great companion for her. The staff even brings little treats to the cat and many spend time patting and interacting with her which pleases my mom. I couldn't be happier.

personalized respite care at excellent daily rate

I was very pleased with Abbington of Arlington for respite care for my husband. There was real personal attention to his idiosyncrasies and my desires, and his room was comfortable. His only complaints concerned the food and loud hallway conversations between staff members. On the whole, he seemed happy, and I think they took good care of him. He did not participate in group activities, but they were certainly available.

Wonderful Facility & Staff

My Mom was at Abbington for 6 years, you can't find a more caring staff. They went above and beyond the call of duty. LPN's 7 days a week, and Aide 24/7. It felt like home to our family.

Older building showing some wear and ...

Older building showing some wear and tear (e.g., carpeting), aids 24 hours, nurses Tues and Thurs, other times call emergency squad. Very few common areas. Some rooms have an extra closet in the bathroom. Although the tour guide said all the right things (e.g., daily baths), I'm not sure the reality is the same. Overall, acceptable but not as nice as the other facilities. Affordable at $2895 for medium room.

Low level of care.

Low level of care.

Clean, home like. Several room sizes...

Clean, home like. Several room sizes. Liked room 113. Minus was the dinner menu.

At Abbington of Arlington, we value the independence of our residents. No one wants to feel like a burden to their family. It adds stress for everyone. At our assisted living communities, the residents don’t depend on their children for everything. Instead of worrying about eating habits, medication, and housekeeping, visits can be relaxing, happy. When residents have their family visit we want everyone to be stress free. That’s what assisted living is all about. Now life can be enjoyed.