Sunrise of Westlake Village - Westlake Village, CA

Like Being on a Cruise Ship

Great staff, great support services, lots of variation in activities. Very impressive prep and smooth evacuation during the fires. Beautiful resort-like grounds. Very good food, which is important as I like to go have meals with my Dad when I can.

I'm very happy with the decision to move my Dad to Sunrise Westlake Village! My Place for Mom consultant hit a grand slam!

Well maintained place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with the experience we had. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very knowledgeable with the information they provided us. I was impressed with how clean everything was and how happy the residents where. They even offered us the opportunity to try a meal to see what the dinning experience was like. Overall this was a great place just not the right location for my father.

Care and concern

We toured this community in our local area. At the time the needs of our parents were few and we considered their AL area for them as a couple. The facility was beautiful, the staff friendly, the entire property appeared to be clean and very well maintained. The offerings of activities for the residents was extensive. We would highly recommend families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Not the best impression!

This community was the cheapest of the ones that I toured, however, my concern was the staff. They seemed strange. They made a point that they hire from the heart and don't take experience or certifications into consideration when hiring They look for the quality In the person but something just does not seem right. I walked out questioning their hiring process and that was not a good feeling. This community was a defiantly no for us.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where all very friendly and made sure to give me lots of great information about there facility. They also have lots of great amenities as well as as fun activity program available for the residents. It just was not the right for him.

I couldn't say enough good things about this place!!

The atmosphere on the 3rd floor, which is the memory care unit, is amazing. There are windows all over the place and the staff take the residents out on walks. It is a huge step up from the previous place she was at. On the third floor, they have outdoors porches. Around the building, they have a beautiful walkway with waterfalls and flowers. Even through the memory care is on the third floor, it has a beautiful outdoors and you can bring your own plants and flowers to plant there. As a matter a fact, I love the patio I like it so much I am duplicating it outside of my own bedroom at home, it is just so nice. My mother is so much more social and likes to participate in everything now. Such a huge difference.

Caring Community

This is a fabulous community. My father has been doing great since his move here. We are very pleased with everything this community has to offer. Everyone here is very kind and helpful to my father. He enjoys the activities they offer, like the movie nights and daily work-out classes. The food is really good, I enjoy the meals. They do their very best to take care of your loved one, and I really feel like they care about my father. I would highly recommend this community.

Memory care unit review

Excellent attention to residents in the memory care unit. Extremely friendly staff. On boarding procedure could be improved. We did not know next steps after getting our person settled in the room. After waiting for a while, we brought our loved one to the general area and they quickly made him comfortable so we could slip away without upsetting patient. It is a beautiful facility for your loved one, and the high cost relates to the value received in care and surroundings provided.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Sunrise of Westlake Village has been somewhat mixed. It's a nice looking place, but I think there are some issues with the staff. There's been a lot of turnover in the care staff. In addition, I've had a lot of difficulty working with the management, they can be hard to get in touch with, and getting them to follow through on requests has been an issue. I also think the food could use work.

more communication

Sunrise of Westlake Village is okay. I was out of state so I was always asking for more communication with them. Well, that wasn't really happening. They definitely need to improve in that area.

I have been pleased with the homey atmosphere at Sunrise. My mother feels comfortable there. It has some activities, but not too many, which for my mother is a good thing. There was frustration in the beginning, because both my parents went there and my dad's needs were an at in-between stage and we had to move him to a nursing facility and I wish they were just forthcoming about it. We were just confused on what was going to be covered. Overall I have been very pleased.

Sunrise Westlake Village is Awesome

Sunrise Westlake Village is fantastic. Positive, active caring environment . So many places I looked at seemed like a storage facility to place a parent to die. Sunrise Westlake is a place where they can live and thrive . My mom is so busy, fulfilled and happy after just a couple of weeks which is saying something as I thought she was at the end of her life right before we chose Sunrise Westlake Village.

expensive, but good

I wasn't real happy with the admission process and the pricing. It seems like they hid some of the costs until the last moment, and it ended up being a good bit more a month than we expected, and by that time it was too late to go back.

That said, the people at Sunrise of Westlake Village are very professional. Mom has dementia and they do an excellent job caring for her and keeping her busy. But it is
very expensive.

Sunrise Westlake Village works nicely for us

Elder care is a miserable necessity. But I can confidently recommend Sunrise of Westlake Village under Director Royce, because of their current caring and clever staff. My mother with Alzheimer's has resided on the 3rd floor (Memory Care) at Sunrise for over a year. I cannot speak to the value of Sunrise's services since my father pays the bills. I am comfortable knowing my mom's physical and emotional needs are met with compassion, patience and humor here. There were quite a few issues with the initial transfer of care, medications and recording of vitals at first. The staff openly meets with family and speak candidly - one on one and genuinely like caring for the elderly. It takes HUGE effort to visit often and to personally interact with this large staff (which is a must - anywhere). You get back what you put into this. Participating is an investment. Sunrise encourages family to join residents for meals, go on field trips, bring pets for visits and even sleep over! There are issues too at Sunrise. Staff changes happen and upset the systems. Policy for paperwork depends on who you ask. "No-Salt" diets are close to impossible to adhere to (my mom still gets served potato chips) Urgh! Residents clothes go missing often (my mom's new favorite fuscha sweater came from someone else's closet). I'm told my mom curls up in bed at night with her roomate! Her missing eye glasses were found in a flower pot. Dementia is craziness. Sunrise's support group and staff have helped me to learn new ways to relate to and comfort my everchange mom. Dad visits at 4:30 to have dinner with Mom downstairs at the main dinning room / restaurant. Sunrise works nicely for us.

Sunrise Of Westlake Village

Sunrise Senior Living in Westlake Village, CA provided my mother with a warm, clean, and positive environment during her final days. The Sunrise staff is extremely professional in all functions and responsive in working with us. They coordinated my mother's care with Kaiser Hospice, a critical factor in our choice of this facility.

Insurance/medication issues, but now we're over the hump

We're now getting the wrinkles ironed out but it's a very friendly, casual kind of place and that appealed to me. It seemed very friednly and the people there seemed happy, it was a very pleasant appearance and clean and neat. I must speak highly for two people, the rest of them I had to work hard with them to listen to me and keep me in the loop. Mainly the problem arose with medical insurance, she had gotten really ill but no one had called the doctor back and I was furious and wanted to know why she was being neglected and they said it was because they couldn't bill her insurance and all of those excuses but we got over that hurdle when the insurance took over. Then a medication problem arose, its pretty much straightened out right now but Sharon, who is an absolute doll, saw me in the lobby and told me to talk to the director who said he would take care of the problem and he did. Make it very clear when you go in there how they're going to handle medications and the insurance they have because it sounded like an easy transition but it certianly wasn't.

Good Community

It is a really good community that seems like would be a very good fit for our loved one. We have had previous experience with Sunrise communities and although each one is different they still operate under the same umbrella so you know what you are getting with them. They are a good company and am considering using them again.

I liked the facilities.

I liked the facilities.

Welcome to Sunrise Assisted Living of Westlake Village, located on Townsgate Road less than a mile from the 101 Freeway. We are central to all the happenings of the city of Westlake, which is part of Thousand Oaks, a family-oriented community with a population of 124,000. The area is filled with outstanding parks, civic arts theaters and a large variety of shopping opportunities. You can enjoy walking in a beautifully landscaped neighborhood or sitting in our rose garden and gazebo. Come be a part of the Westlake community which is surrounded by a small-town feel, full of family and friends.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.