Hillcrest Royale Retirement - Thousand Oaks, CA

Keep Looking

Checked out many places for my Dad, this one was a dump

Beautiful it out of our price range.

Hillcrest Royale

I toured Hillcrest Royale, and I knew right away that this was not the sort of place I wanted to be in. The place is family owned and almost 30 years old. I didn’t like it at all. It felt outdated and it looked like the sort of place where very dependent residents lived. I wanted to be in a place where I could be independent. I knew that wasn’t the place for me, so I honestly did not spend a lot of time there

Meals are great!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff have been attentive to her needs and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She is enjoying the dinning experience and I have had the chance to try a few of the meals myself that where very tasty. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and we are pleased with how things are going.

Not In a Good Location

I talked with them over the phone to see if I needed to take the next step. From what I gathered they were out of my area and not in a convenient location for family to visit and pick me up.

Great place

Mom just moved in. She loves the staff and food. Looked at a bunch of different places in the area, we felt Hillcrest Royale had the best feel. We love that its a family business and there always someone to help mom out.

Mom is happy with her new home and I'm glad i found this place.

[Removed]

Great tour!!

The Hillcrest Royale Retirement was a very nice place. It was clean and all of the people were very friendly but it was not the right fit for what I needed,

chapter 2 of my life is so great because i'm here at hillcrest royale

Without a doubt this is the best retirement home anyone could ever hope for. I have been here almost 3 months and every day when I wake up gratefull that I can enjoy this chapter of my life here. being that it is family owned they make sure that every detail and everyone here is taken care of. unfortunately it would take me the entire day to go into detail of all the good that they do and I wouldn't know where to start. I could say it's as perfect as it could be. I would be more than happy to talk to someone as i'm still getting used to my kindle computer and i'm more than challenged by it.

Like you're one of the family

Hillcrest Royale has been great with my mother who has some physical difficulties. The staff is kind and cheerful. They work hard at making sure your family member is taken care of like one of their own family.

Hillcrest Royale

Hillcrest Royale is clean, professional and has a friendly staff and atmosphere. You could not ask for anything better.

Mom Loves It

My mother loves it here at Hillcrest. Things have been great for her here, and I am very pleased with the community and everything they have done for us. It is a very clean and nice place, and the staff is very kind and helpful to her and that is wonderful to see. She enjoys going to the jewelry making class, and there are other activities offered as well. She loves the food, it is very good. I would suggest for anyone that books a tour that you have the lunch they offer you so you can experience the food.

Facility was well maintained. The residentsecond seemed happy. Michelle was great. She took time to answer all my questions. This facility was a little over the budget. If financially feasible, I would allow my parents to stay here.

wonderful experience

We had a really wonderful experience with Hillcrest Royale Retirement. They were very accommodating with us and our budget and they followed up with us proactively on how they can assist, and did an excellent job following through.

My only critique is with the activities. They have a few good ones, but they need more variety and a wider range of activities so that all the residents at all ages can enjoy them.

Other than that everything has really been great!

Happy with my decision

These people are amazing. Mom just moved in and she says they are wonderful. They accepted our paint and colored her walls as we asked. They installed a kitchenette. They treat their guests like royalty. Mom says she gets hugs all the time from the staff. She's delighted to be here. Thanks Hillcrest Royale!

A LIFESAVER!!!!

Hillcrest Royale was truly a lifesaver! I needed to find the right place for my Mother and this was recommended to me. Holly was an incredibly warm, welcoming, caring and knowledgeable source of help for me and she helped make the transition of assisted living a very easy one for both my Mother and our family. She couldn't have been any sweeter and accommodating to any and everything we needed. I can't speak highly enough about this gem and if you are needing assisted living for your loved one, you need to see and experience the love and enthusiasm the staff has here.
Great activities, great food in the dining room and the facility is clean, well run, organized and honestly, I am thanking my lucky stars that we found Hillcrest Royale. Thank you also to Michelle, Nancy, Chrystal and all the staff that have welcomed my Mother with open arms!!!

depressing ok facility.P's ...

depressing ok facility.P's Mom lives there seen it 2x

Hillcrest Royale Retirement Community

I want to thank the helpful advisors at "A place for Mom" for their follow through and for catering to my family's needs. Lin Hammer was right on top of getting places for me to look at and we did find a wonderful place in Thousand Oaks called Hillcrest Royale.

This place is well staffed, clean, good food and plenty of activities for seniors. I would totally recommend this place to anyone.

Thank you for all the help in obtaining a very suitable residence for my Father.
Kind regards,
Dawn

This was more affordable; h...

This was more affordable; however, the building was a lot older than the other properties. The elevator seemed that it was often unreliable and a man went out of his way to inform me that the lady who runs the front desk is 'dumb'. Several people did mention to me that they liked living there. There is a singing group, art classes and the larger two room apartment might is big. Most of the residents seemed a lot older and more infirm than you guys...

In providing a complete living environment, we enhance the lives of seniors in our community. Ours is a place where residents enjoy the care and support of loving staff and companionship of peers with similar backgrounds and interests. Included in our affordable monthly rate are three complete meals expertly prepared, along with variety of choices, all served restaurant style. A twenty-four hour snack bar is open with baked goods, fruit, drinks, etc. Full housekeeping services include fresh bath linen daily and complete weekly cleaning.

A complete activities program allows a selection of activities and residents are encouraged to participate. A monthly newsletter is published for our residents highlighting all events happening in our community. We provide assurance of supervised medication management, and offer courtesy transportation to errands, shopping, medical and non-medical appointments in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village. Our 16 seat passenger bus is also provided for many planned outings and pleasure trips.

These are just a few of the many services we provide. Our selection of elegant units or suites are available furnished or unfurnished. Please come in and see for yourself. Call in for an appointment to tour and be our guest for a complimentary lunch or dinner. Welcome Home!