Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill, CA

Beautiful location among the trees! The apartments were smaller than I had imagined, particularly the studio, which was really just a bedroom. Access to the outside was very good on the ground floor units, which is important as my MIL has a small dog. There was a water fountain, but it was broken.

Just not a good fit

This was a nice tour we were shown around and the staff was able to answer all of our questions. The community appeared to be well maintained but it just did not fit with what I was looking for for my mother.

Informative Tour Guide!

My tour of the Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill went well. The place was well kept up. The staff all seemed friendly. The only reason I was not able to choose this community is because of location.

Friendly people, clean looking space but tiny 1 bedrooms. I was underwhelmed by the dining menu which seemed to feature casseroles a lot, mac and cheese, cafeteria type fare. The place has a pretty inner courtyard for as a share for my mother and aunt it didn't work out.

Getting Settled In!

The community is wonderful and beautiful. the staff has been awesome to my loved one. My loved one really enjoys the community and the people. The meals are really and there is a variety of options. I would definitely recommend this community to my friends. They also keep the community nice and neat.

The staff are accommodating!!

The staff at Carlton are nice and know you by name. This community seems to be a good fit for my dad as they are very social. They have happy hour twice a week and other daily activities. He likes the restaurant style eating area and the food. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

I was not impressed with Carleton!

This community seemed depressing when my mom lived here. The level of residents was less active. The residents seemed to be a little farther advanced in their aging. The staff tried hard to get the residents to participate in activities. They offer an exercise class & massages. The staff were nice and they kept the community clean.

The Best Place I've Been Too

My uncle is staying at this community and he loves it here and does not want to leave. The community is very maintained through out and the staff are great. My uncle gets all the assistance like bus rides out, nail cuts, haircuts, and activities. The atmosphere is very happy and my uncle is even allowed to ride his electric scooter around. The food is great too. A big weight has been lifted off my shoulders because he is getting the best care I would recommend this commuity.

I love it, my dad really likes it, now mom needs to see it.

A great place

Just what hubby needed

I needed a short term respite care facility for my husband. Finding one in my area as not as easy I thought. My stepmom visited her aunt in another Chateau facility & was extremely impressed. Chateau III had the care he needed. I am so grateful to find this facility. Hubby has asked to return for another "vacation" & has even mentioned he "could here". That is the best recommendation there is.

They are doing very well so far.

They are doing very well so far. I am pleased with them. I don't have any major concerns at this point. It's kept clean and the staff is friendly, and caring. It's the perfect fit for her.

GO ELSEWHERE...ANOTHER BAD FACILITY!!!

The transition was a negative one. Things did not fall into place by staff--lack of training perhaps!?
Medication managment was poor.
Things promised didn't come through.
I had to follow up alot!!!
Methods/procedures that were supposed to be in place not effective--staff fell asleep at the wheel and also overworked. Lots of staff shortages.
No calls or emails returned by any managers--once they hook you, you're on your own!!!

Executive director promised an action plan and to meet with tenant & trustees--both never happened!!!

You have to keep up with followup for any needs that are supposed to be automatic...escorts, med mgmt. etc.

Not good experience -- overall!!
Very unhappy!

Wonderful staff!

I think they do a great job at Chateau III! The staff are all very friendly and personable, and everyone knew her by name after only the first day! She moved in on a Thursday and her birth was on Saturday, and even though she'd only been there a few days they put up decorations and had a party for her, which I thought was very nice. She's really shown a lot of improvement since moving, both mentally and physically. She never had much of an appetite before, but she really likes the food here and has been eating much better. Her whole attitude in general seems much more positive. I'd highly recommend this place, they do a wonderful job!

Love it!

I love it very much. They provide transportation for shopping, doctor appointments, and church. The food is excellent. There are a couple of outside places for residents to enjoy. The staff is very friendly and I’d give the care services a six plus, if I could.

Excellent community

I think they do an excellent job. The cleanliness is excellent. I think they are very friendly. I’m very happy with how they’re taking care of my loved one. Every family has different needs – it’s very well run, very friendly, and willing to listen to whatever needs your loved one may have.

studio 3100-small 1 bedroom...

studio 3100-small 1 bedroom 4100 memory care available

chateau 3 pleasant hill

The staff here went out of their way to make us feel comfortable with the facility. Once we moved my dad in, they were very careful to give him the level of services he needed, and even reduced our bill for services that were not being used.

Unlike other places where the placement and payment of the community fee seemed paramount, Chateau 3 seemed to really care about both the mental and physical state of my dad.

Highly recommended

Alison was nice; bedrooms w...

Alison was nice; bedrooms were nice, 1 BRs had a 'pony wall' between LR and BR; studios were a good size too; open-plan layout with common space; younger-looking people; looked like a hotel

Pretty Good

My husband had been there for not quite three weeks. I haven't gotten him to participate much in the activites. We're working on that.

They made it very easy to make this decision. They can bend the rules because they're a privately owned company. So far it's pretty good. It's hard for me to figure out who to talk to about what but maybe I'm not asking the right questions.

Lots of light

Chateau Pleasant Hill is very light and bright, it has a lot of light and gives a feeling of openness. Compared to other places I saw that were dark and gloomy, I liked the feeling here best. There's a lot of energy, they have a young staff that feeds that energy. I would highly recommend Chateau Pleasant Hill. My mom likes it here and we are pleased as well.

Have toured with parents and is high ...

Have toured with parents and is high on my list.

Great grounds, nice residential locat...

Great grounds, nice residential location seemingly has higher level of care. Nurse on staff because of diabetic program. Seemed to have more staff interaction with residents than Sunrise.

Could provide for both parents, but t...

Could provide for both parents, but too much Assisted Care focus and environment for my mom right now.

Great follow up from the Director. Sh...

Great follow up from the Director. She emphasized the high level of care they can provide. This is a very nice facility, but I'm concerned about the size (two stories, lots of people). I think a smaller place would be better for Mom (maybe around 40 apartments). But, still thinking about this.

Very nice tour, good facility, but no...

Very nice tour, good facility, but no patios or decks, and residents felt "older". Dining room felt like a nursing home.

Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill is a lovely, recently constructed, independent, assisted living and Memory Care community located in the newly developed downtown Pleasant Hill area. Built with luxury and comfort perfectly balanced, Carlton is the best choice for many seniors and their families.

You will feel right at home in the resort style community with the vaulted ceilings, large spacious living room, and the beautifully appointed common areas. There are many locations for the abundant social activities. The gracious lifestyle supports independence, while offering health care services when needed.

Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant HilI was the first Assisted Living Community to receive the distinguished recognition as a “Backyard Wildlife Habitat”. Residents love watching the birds wing back to their natural homes every spring.

Flexible transportation options are helpful for every resident. There are multiple choices of transportation modes that fulfill each request. Simply notify the front desk 48 hours in advance and the arrangements are complete.

Whether you need assistance to recover from a temporary illness or you want ongoing help, we have the flexible services to assist you. Our trained and professional staff are available to meet your every need.

The process begins prior to move in. Our clinical department will meet with you and begin the discovery process to determine your specific needs. That way, we will have everything ready when you move in.

As your healthcare needs change, your care plan changes to precisely meet your needs. As your health improves, your health care services change. Should you require the services of a licensed nurse, we provide that as well.

We take your health care needs very seriously. Therefore, every three months we hold a Family Connection Conference with you and your loved ones to thoroughly discuss your health needs and adjust your services. Every thing you need is right here.