Sunrise of Studio City - Studio City, CA

I'm happy here

Happy, friendly residents, good food, lovely patios...traditional environment; lacks only an exercise room and swimming pool. A great choice!

The Good Ship Sunrise Studio City

Sunrise Studio City is the best choice for my Mom. She has increasing dementia yet remains active and functions fairly normally. She moved from a single care assisted apartment to the Reminiscence Program they offer at Sunrise Studio City where she receives excellent care from well trained nurses and caregivers who understand her needs.

We are very pleased and satisfied with our choice of Sunrise Studio City.

This was best facility as far as a good fit. The staff was attentive, facility was nice, outdoor space good and the cost would work well.

The vibe here is really good. The place seems a little older, almost like it may have been an apartment building at one time. Everyone was friendly, no one seemed unhappy, lots of airy light filled rooms. The usual amenities to keep everyone as busy as they would like to be.

Yes, it's pricey but it looks like they try to provide value for all that money.

Great social aspect

I would rate the experience with Sunrise at a 5. My mother would probably rate it lower because she wants to go home. She initially moved into the memory floor but has since moved to the assisted living section. She is very resistant to being there so she doesn't participate in activities often. I have shared a meal with her and they are very good. This community is one of the best in the Valley. I think it's a great opportunity to socialize if you're loved one would like to.

Care for mom

I toured this community. This was not was I was looking for. They did not socialize like my mom wanted. The staff was not giving me the information that I needed. I did not feel comfortable here. I suggest that families tour the community for the care needed for a loved one.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to speak with you further. Please email information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

My tour!

I liked this community, however there is a long waiting list and we were not able to get my husband into this community. This is a clean nice community closer to home. The staff I met during the tour were nice.

Problems encountered after deciding

My experience was very positive at the beginning, but once I made the commitment to move my parents into Sunrise some of the promises they had indicated to me failed to happen. It made me question if my parents care was also going to be different than described. Additionally, the amount of money they charged to do an assessment that involved very little was unacceptable. I'm a speech pathologist and can tell you that questions that should have been asked weren't with regards to cognition, memory, and swallowing. So while my first impressions were high I was left with a very low opinion.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Sunrise - A beautiful place that lacks the care you are looking for.

We moved Mom from a comfy but dull Board and Care to the Memory care floor of Sunrise because it offered so much more stimulation, great staff and many things to do. We soon found out that all that glitters is not gold.

The problem, at least on the Memory Care floor is that the staff to guest ratio is FAR too small. 5-6 care staff for 35 people with memory issues? No matter how great the staff were, they could not properly watch over and take care of the people that needed it.

People that couldn't feed themselves had their meals plopped down and then picked up without ever getting a chance to eat! The whole hustling mealtime reminded me of meal service in coach class. Mom was left wandering around alone the very first night she was there despite her being a high fall risk. Her clothes got lost in the laundry.

The phone system is a joke - I don't think we ever got to talk to anyone without being disconnected at least once or twice, and no one knows anything, you just keep getting transferred around.

The initial rate quoted to you is a come-on - you are then surcharged for every possible little thing and the monthly bill climbs quickly. I am surprised that you don't pay by the sheet of toilet paper.

Perhaps things are different in Assisted Living - but in Memory Care the residents really don't get what they need, despite the hard work of the staff. There should be at least 2x the number of staff there, and one person in charge that you can always speak to.

Mom was moved out after less than a month to another Board and Care that we found with more activities than the previous one, and 3-4 caregivers for 6 people.

If you are considering moving a loved one to Sunrise, please don't be swayed by the beautiful building and the nice people. Go to the different floors and watch how the residents are actually being cared for, and spend some time there.

Can't speak highly enough about the staff and facility. They really treat your loved one like family. It's true, you get what you pay of, not the cheapest place but I can't imagine any other place that serves your parent better. Nancy, Victoria and Regina are the rock stars who run the place, meet them and you will be sold!

Review of Sunrise of Studio City Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Studio City, CA

Spoke to Anne-- very nice. Assisted living- Coldwater south of 101 so easier for sister/brother in law to visit. 70% Jewish which is a plus for mom. Far more expensive-- studio starts at $3900/mo. Accept long term care

My Neighbor Loves It

My neighbor lives here and it's very nice too. That's expensive though. My neighbor needs help, she uses a walker and they do a lot for her. My father didn't need that kind of care so he could pay a little less at another place.

It's a little bit small. The place is not very spacious, not like where my father is. I visit my neighbor pretty often but I've never eaten there. The staff seems good. They're very very nice. I don't' deal with them that much but she seem to really like them. She loves it there.

Beautiful but Expensive

The Sunrise is luxurious and beautiful but very expensive. It pretty and new and the people there are very nice and friendly but I think that any place that wants a great deal of money from you is going to be nice to you. That part bugs me.

I toured so I can't remember what the activities were like and I don't have any experience with the care since my dad didn't stay there.

Very close, but a little older. Resid...

Very close, but a little older. Residents and rooms not as nice as others, but a nice feel about the staff.

Met with them and liked the facility....

Met with them and liked the facility. More research to do on locations.

homey feeling like a dorm; small room...

homey feeling like a dorm; small rooms; studio- denver style; good location;friendly people and staff; memory floor $7400/30 days

You immediately feel right at home when you step into our charming and cozy community. There are several intimate indoor areas for visiting, relaxing or just reading. And, if you prefer the outdoors, we have patios and gardens with lovely landscaping throughout the community. Our Sunrise Signatures are all around you. Smell the fresh flowers, the cookies baking and the popcorn popping. Come meet our adorable house dogs Ollie and Fluffy; you won't want to leave them. And, of course, there are our amazing Team Members that will take care of you and your loved ones as if you are family.