Belmont Village Encino - Sherman Oaks, CA

Rooms were decent size but dark but the closest to home. The facility was ok, outdoor space ok. The pricing was a little high and the do not allow outside companions for walks, etc.

Unless you are God...

My mom lived here and for a while it was good. Their Circle of Friends program is great but forget it once your loved one's disease progresses. My mom walked out of the facility and was missing for several hours and another time, they could not find her in the building as if that was her fault. Then, they gave me 4 hours to move her to Memory Care. I was called in the morning and better get there by noon. I did not have time to look for another home so I did what I was told. Most unprofessional place I've encountered plus they wanted to put her on medication our Neurologist did not want and then they wouldn't speak to or reply to Drs calls/faxed letter. Then, they insisted she have 24 hour caregivers in Memory Care. There, she was dressed in someone else's clothes more than once. Imagine that, considering she had 24 hour caregivers. Our fees for that month were 24K. Triple what we were originally paying. I moved her shortly thereafter. I hate this place, do not recommend it unless you are God and know for sure your loved one's disease will not progress. Everyone has a different experience but it was a nightmare for us.

Many options available for care. Cost may be an issue.

Wasn't The Right Place For Mom

This community was nice but I knew it wasn't going to be a good fit for a mom. The community was clean and very nice. It seemed older than some of the other ones we had toured. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I don't think that my mother is self sufficient enough for this facility. She requires too much care,she is really bed bound.

Belmont Encino Gave My Mom Her Zest for Life Back!

I brought my Mother to Belmont Village in Encino. After living at a Senior facility independently in Northridge for over 5 yrs, her cognitive functions declined rapidly. After hiring aides 24hrs a day, I moved her into the Assisted Living in the same complex, and her mental health declined further. Their AL was negligent. I had to move my Mom again not a month later. I looked at several homes before landing at the Belmont. If your loved one starts to decline cognitively, there is NOWHERE better than the Belmont. They have 5 levels of programming, depending on where they are on the cognitive continuum. Circle of Friends is a 7 day a week, from 9:00[removed] series of interactive activities all designed to increase cognition. Within just 4 days of arriving, I saw a MAJOR change in my Mom for the better! She began exercise everyday after giving it up entirely for 3 years. The staff (lead by the outstanding Executive Director Cynthia, to the head of Assisted Living, Elizabeth, to every aide, dining staff and the Circle of Friends) all work very hard to engage my Mom. They have played match maker for my Mom, who knew no one when she arrived! In the month she has now been there, she went from spending everyday of the week in front of the TV alone (with the exception of Bingo 2x a week for her only mental stimulation), having trouble finding words, and looking deshovelled at her old place, to being a vibrant 88 yr old excited about life again! I can't recommend them enough!!!

Parents are adjusting

We chose the Belmont because of the model of care and the way they presented it was exactly what we were looking for in the care of my parents. They offer assisted living, and then there is a middle ground with a transition stage into the memory care. They will be able to stay in the same community. We love the fact that the place is so well-kept and clean. Also, the staff is wonderful about communicating with us what is going on with my parents. Many of the staff members have been there for years. That means a lot to us that there is not a huge turnover all the time. My parents are adjusting to their new surrounds and the staff tries and encourage them to participate in the activities provided. We live a distance away but will be coming to visit them soon. My husband and I have both enjoyed dinner there with my parents and the meals are wonderful. I also want to say a big thank you to our senior advisor at A Place For Mom, [Removed]. did an incredible job at helping us to navigate and understand this whole process.

Very High End

After touring this community I must say this gives off a very high-end institution for seniors. The place is rather large too spread out. However well maintained beautifully inside. The staff appears to know the residents and the residents seem to know the staff quite well. I like the fact that they seem to know the residents by name and not just by the face or level of care.
For my mother, it just didn't seem like the right fit for her she was in need of something on the smaller size and was in need of that hands on one to one interaction.

A good visit

This looked like a very well taken care of community when we visited. The people we met were friendly. The seemed to offer a nice menu and a variety of activities. We found my friend needed a smaller place to be more comfortable. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Nice tour!!

I have no complaints about my tour that I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where all very friendly and made sure to give lots of great information on everything they had to offer. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Take a tour

This community was a little to big, noisy and farther away than what we were looking for. The welcoming staff were nice and the community was clean. The food was good, unfortunately they did not have the accommodations we were looking for available when we visited.

A nice property, nestled into a space on busy Ventura Blvd. Staff seemed positive.

Everything Has Went Good

It took a lot of work to get my husband settled in but he is doing pretty well now. He likes the meals and is happy with they way they make and season the meals. My husband is involved with everything for activities. The community is clean and his room is maintained by housekeeping. The staff are excellent with keeping him safe and providing the care.

Not bad!

Belmont was a little to far away for us. This community did seem clean and the people I met were nice. They offer complimentary transportation and allow pets.

Worth looking at!

I have good interactions with the staff at Belmont. The food is ok. The community is clean and well taken care of. They have quite a lot of activities. They offer different levels of care.

Looks Amazing

I took a brief tour of this community and found that it looks stunning for an assisted living community. The staff seemed good and I was offered a complimentary meal but declined. It was a great tour.

Quite Wonderful

I'm rating the community a 4.5 just for the simple fact that nothing is perfect although Belmont Village is pretty close to it. Mom is completely happy there and my experience with the community and the admin have been great. Mom has made lots of friends and is as busy as she wants to be with the many on site activities. Everything worked out beautifully and we are very happy with the decision to have Mom at Belmont.

Belmont Encino is an unsafe place for the elderly

Beware! Belmont Encino is all smoke and mirrors. It is an unsafe place to put your loved one. My mother lived there and the nursing staff is highly incompetent. They made several medication errors requiring meetings with their staff and an ombudsman. As a result they reduced my mother's monthly bill several times. Worse yet, one of their nurses left my mother alone in her room when she was very sick. I showed up awhile later and she was confused and unsteady and could barely stand up This was not normal for my mother. She was usually clear thinking and able to navigate very well with a walker. I was scared to death and took her straight to the doctor; he called 911 and she was taken by ambulance and admitted to the ICU at Tarzana Hospital. The next day I was told she would die that day unless she was put on a ventilator. She did survive but she never returned to Belmont Encino. I requested a meeting with the staff and an ombudsman regarding the abysmal treatment my mother received from their nurse on that fateful day when she was so very sick. The ombudsman said their nurse "failed to exercise due diligence." Not surprisingly, the staff accepted no responsibility. In my opinion, Belmont Encino is a dangerous place for the elderly. My mother now lives in an assisted care home where she is cared for and watched over. Finally, I can sleep at night.

Bemont the perfect place for mom!

My mom came to Belmont from a board and care facility. She has done more in one week than she did in 2 years at the board and care. The classes keep her engaged, she loved the planned outings and nightly movies is her favorite not to mention the dining room is like a restaurant-lots of choices!
The staff have been instrumental in her transition and have been caring and lovely.

Will Not Refund Money On Time

They were suppose to refund us money. My dad was there only 3 or 4 weeks before he passed, and that was two months ago. My mom and I have called them several times and they have yet to pay us our money.

Lorena Grimes

Please accept our heartfelt sympathy for your loss. We appreciate having had the privilege of serving your father and family. We’re sorry it has taken longer than expected to process your refund. I have confirmed with our accounting department that a refund check was mailed on Friday, December 11. If you have any other questions, please contact your executive director.

great.

Belmont Village Encino is great. My mother and father got there and my mother fell and broke her hip. It was nobody's fault but she had to go to the hospital. My father has significant dementia and was left there alone since my mother went to the hospital and the staff really took good care of him there. The food was good. It met all their needs. They are now both in intensive rehab to get better and hopefully be able to come back to Belmont Village. They actually encourage my father to get out and do things at this facility. It has been a good experience.

love it

The physical therapy at Belmont Village Encino has been great. My father cannot walk so there are some limitations in terms of what he can do and get involved in, but he is doing well overall, and my mother is very involved and just loves it.

All in all, it's lovely.

All in all, it's lovely. It has been wonderful. The problem that we have is that the service is erratic. Most of the time it's good, but there is times when they seem slightly short staffed. Other than that, It has been really good. The facility is always really clean. Everyone is friendly. The staff and residents are welcoming. It has been a pretty good experience. The belmont village is a nice community.

My loved one is doing very good, it is a small community which is good. That means the staff have time to spend with each individual if needed and can give them some undivided attention. So far from what I have seen the facility is kept clean and maintained.

Nice but no gardens to walk in. Lots of convalescence and not enough care takers for the need.

Nice community overall

My loved one hasn't been here long, but so far they seem to be doing a good job. We haven't run into any particular issues. It's a clean and well kept facility, and the staff are friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed the tour and real...

I enjoyed the tour and really like how close it is to my house. All of the residents seemed very happy and the rooms looked very nice. I like all of the activities and the circle of friends program but I'm concerned that she will stay fixated on her dog and not participate for several weeks. She is used to a slower Oregon/ rural pace so I would hope the nearby busy freeways and busy Ventura Blvd wouldn't stress her out.

my mother is so happy at Belmont

My mother was isolated at home after the doctor told her she couldn't't drive any longer. I was overwhelmed by the number of options for senior living until I discovered A Place for Mom. Belinda asked a lot of questions and then sent us a very reasonable list of affordable options which we revised together after each visit. My mother knew Belmont was right for her as soon as she walked in the door. She is very happy, has made many new friends and most of all, I have peace of mind knowing she is well cared for.

An excellent place for Mom

The staff is courteous, kind and very friendly and helpful
The cuisine is remarkably good, fresh, and wholesome.
My mother loves it. It's her second home and far superior.

After meeting with The Director at Be...

After meeting with The Director at Belmont Westwood, I drove to Encino but just don't like it as much. Has a very different feel and not crazy about the location.

Clean, Gym, Nice areas of facility. O...

Clean, Gym, Nice areas of facility. Outdoor areas a bit sparse. Safe. Not the nicest location on Ventura Blvd and the busiest frewway interchange in the world.

Not the right place for mom. Units on...

Not the right place for mom. Units only have kitchenettes. Rooms are very small. Seems to be more for asst. living

Belmont Village of Encino, California is located in the tree-lined residential areas of Encino and Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley. This prime location is convenient for senior living with healthcare facilities and providers, places of worship, and excellent restaurants. And for shopping enthusiasts, The Sherman Oaks Galleria is a state-of-the-art, open-air lifestyle center that includes a 300,000-square-foot retail and entertainment complex.

Inside Belmont, residents enjoy the distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. Working closely with residents and families, our well-trained and responsive staff creates a personal life plan that respects each resident’s needs and abilities. Our primary goal is to keep everyone engaged and well cared for at Belmont Village of Encino.