Las Casitas Assisted Living - Burbank, CA

Clean, Caring and Communicative

Our family couldn’t be happier with this place and the care they provide for our loved one. We have been to a few and by far Las Casitas is the BEST we have encountered. The staff is always available and extremely caring. The activities are always fun and well planned out. The garden area is well maintained and lovely to sit in. Every time I have gone to visit, I am so pleased with everything I see. The facility is spotless and the meals are always rotating and look well prepared.
This place really listens to any concern and communicates well with me. The director is kind and communicative. She has been very accommodating with our needs and concerns and I am so grateful for that! If you are looking for a great and caring place for your loved one, look no further! Thank you Las Casitas for all that you do!

The Goldilocks of Assisted Living for our Family

This small setting is so much better than the larger “warehouses” for the elderly that we saw when we started looking. Everyone gets so much attention here and the food is fantastic. It’s surprising how important that is. We can reach the staff at all hours and know everyone on a first name basis. You just don’t see this level of service and accessibility anywhere else these days. They genuinely care about the residents and have kept our family in the loop on everything so far. We’re so lucky we heard about it through a friend because I can’t imagine any place better!

Great place for our mom.

Our relative [name removed] lived here for about seven years. We were extremely happy with the services and staff. We are so happy we chose Las Casitas!

DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE

DO NOT place your loved one in this facility. The caregivers are negligent to the residents and are very rude and abrupt. The residents have to wait up to 30-50 minutes to be taken to the bathroom or even attended to. They are ignored and left alone without any attendance on the daily. They tell the residents they are busy and they have to wait to go to the bathroom. They have staffing issues with only 2 caregivers for 15 residents a day. They don't have a cook on site which is why the caregivers are too busy preparing food, medication, bathing, feeding, etc. They have zero activities and basically leave the residents in bed all day. The rooms are filled with dust, dirty and smell so bad. The plants are dead and the place is not taken care of. There is poop on the grass and not picked up for days (resident old dog). This place needs to be shut down. It is run by an incompetent facility manager who shows no compassion or concern for the residents. She is never there and only cares about receiving the monthly rent. She does not properly screen the caregivers and out of desperation, hires them without background or prints. The place has no structure. The caregivers fight with each other and at times argue and threaten each other in front of the residents. This place a mess! The facility is currently under review and continues to be under investigation due to neglect. So please do not place your loved one in this facility, you will regret it very much, we did!

Not a good feeling. 15+ residents, didn't see any other residents while we were there. Dog poop all over the lawn. Not many activities. Always have to go outside to get to the dining room and larger living room area.

Neglecting duties

I am the neighbor who lives next building. I hear screaming " help " often that means that personnel [Removed] their duties and leave their patients alone without help.

Loving care for our mom

We moved my mom here from a larger assisted living residence as she needed a smaller place with a little more care. We wish we had found it sooner. It is a lovely setting and well kept home staffed with caring people who really took good care of our mom. We were able to keep her right there until she passed away and felt she was in good hands.

I am really happy

This place is awesome. I am really happy with how helpful they are, the value we get for our money and how they keep such a full and complete schedule (with interests for everyone).The dining room and kitchen staff are amazing

A place for Our Mom

Our mom has spent the past five years bedridden in her own home, with a 24 hour caregiver. It was time for us to sell the house before she ran out of money. She absolutely did not want to go into assisted living but it was now a necessity.

From the very first day that she moved into Las Casitas, she had a completely different outlook of what assisted living meant for her. She was welcomed by the entire the staff, served a delicious meal and they helped make her super comfortable in her new bed.

The staff has encouraged our mom to get out of bed, go to the dining room for some of her meals and socialize with the other residents. When she's not feeling up to going to the dining room, she's served meals in bed, but the support and encouragement is there for her when she is ready to venture out.

On a recent visit, she was excited to tell me that one of the nurses washed her hair and even gave her a scalp massage. She felt pretty...and cared for. She was smiling because the nurse even offered to color her hair! She's loving all the personal attention she's receiving at Las Casitas and I'm seeing a spark in her that I haven't seen in a while!
We are so grateful to
A Place For Mom for finding such a wonderful place for our Mom.

Cheryl & Don W

My Grandmother is Doing Well Here

I haven't had an issue yet. They seem to be really responsive when I have a request or a concern. They respond quickly to anything my grandmother needs. She seems to be doing much better here. She has dementia so she's not really responsive that ways but she's eating better and her overall health seems to be better here.