Sunrise of Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ

no communication

very poor communication with out of state family.

Liked a lot but no plans to walk to eat

Very Skilled care team

I have looked at many places while trying to find a place for my loved one. This facility’s staff team is just wonderful. Their care team has enough skill and it seems that they are using a system that’s efficient to where they can get you what you need. When I came in with my loved one, they sat her down and talked to her for an hour and a half. I thought that this was pretty cool because they made a conscious effort to try and connect with her, I find this very important. The executive director is always on the premises. Every time that I visit the entire staff would come up to me and tell me everything that is going on with my loved one. They are very communicative and I like how they always keep me in the know of what issues that may transpire. I would recommend this place because I myself feel safe knowing that my loved one is getting the care that she needs and she is happy as well.

Jazzercise!

The staff here really treats you like family. They try to do everything for you and if you have an issue they will do their best to resolve it as soon as the can. I always tell my husband that I want to be here. It’s just so wonderful that I already referred other people to this community. My best friend is there and she is very happy and comfortable. They staff is very communicative and keep you in the know of everything. This location is just two minutes away from my home so it made it very convenient for me to pick her up and take her to jazzercise, which she loves. They also offer yoga on site. My friend was not a fan of it because you mainly sit and do extended poses. The other activities that they offer would be posted on a sheet near the concierge desk so you can see what is happening on site. They also have transportation services that would take residents to Walmart, to restaurants, outings, and just different kinds of places. The food there is absolutely wonderful and I was so impressed by it. I am able to eat with my friend as well for a small price. I enjoy the menu, they change it daily. They have breakfast specials every morning and for lunch and supper it’s a sit down restaurant setting. It is very nice. Housekeeping keeps the facility very nice and clean. They do my friends laundry once a week on Mondays and they take out the trash every day. They make her bed every morning and they change her sheets once a week along with her laundry. My friend was also able to keep her dog. I’m sure that they have weight restrictions for certain animal, but the staff team came over and met the dog and said that it was fine.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for us.

Needs More Supervision Than What Was Provided

When we toured this community we thought that it was going to be a good fit for my mother but as it turned out it wasn't. My mom is in need of more supervisor than what they were providing for her. Mom is on the 3rd floor in the memory care and there is a mixture of residents with early stages of dementia and Alzheimers with residents that have late stage dementia and Alzheimers which was not good for my mom. She got very depressed seeing people that had the late stage knowing that was the way she would end up. There was no area outside that was secure that the residents could go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Very disappointed....

My friend is doing alright, but we will be moving her very soon because they are not able to take care of her anymore. They gave me 7 days to move her which was not good, but it was a great place and we loved it. My friend loved it and it was a nice location. We just feel that they were not truthful on the care. They assessed before she moved in and now say they can not take care of her.

Tour for care

We toured this community. We liked the community and the staff that we spoke too were very kind and able to answer the questions we had on the care that is offered here. The community appeared to be clean on the inside and out. They had a nice menu and a lot of activities. We would recommend other families to tour this community for care of a loved one.

Not my favorite!

Sunrise I was not impressed with the tour. The women who gave me the tour was very nice but some of her answers were kind of vague. The building seemed like there was not very much structure and Alzheimer was 3rd floor. It just felt claustrophobic. Becuase of that, they did not have nice outdoor space.

Sunrise highly recommended

We looked at a few places and decided to move my mom in here. It is very homey and cozy and easy to find your way around. The staff is so friendly and helpful. They are understanding and compassionate. My mom is gluten free and they are accommodating her dietary needs. The chef's assistant [removed] checks on my mom to make sure she likes what they are making. They have good activities and keep the residents busy. It is in the heart of Scottsdale yet on a quite street. One of things we wanted was for her to stay in the same room as her levels of care changes. They can accommodate this request.

In an That Will Be Too Far

It was a good tour and a really nice community to see. It is quite a bit more expensive when comparing to other facilities. I had to consider that it was not difficult to get to but it will not be close to where I will be moving to.

My tour

This community seemed clean when I visited. The staff seemed accommodating. This community did not seem as upbeat as some of the others we looked at.

We Are Very Satisfied

I'am very pleased with everything this community has done for us. My mother is doing very well here, she loves it. The community is great. Everybody has been kind and friendly. A place for mom was great with all the help they provided us. We are very satisfied and would recommend this community.

Not what I had planned on....

Make sure you insist on getting the emergency alert pendant that you signed up for the minute you get there. They didn't and a horrible incident occurred. Very unorganized care for the 1st two weeks even though roughly 30 pages of info. on each resident need to be filled out and physicians orders have to be in their hands before residents move in. Had to ask twice after it had been over 2 weeks for the suite to be cleaned. This suite was not on anyone's schedule to be cleaned. The contract says weekly. Now the suite is much cleaner. No dietician so if you have someone on a restricted diet good luck. You need to be on top of everything about the care or... Good thing is everyone is so friendly and caregivers try their best to do a good job. The facility is a very happy place for the residents. I will give them more time to get organized and hope to be happier about the care.

very good

The facility is very good. It meets the needs of elderly people who need a higher level of care than they can get at home, but not quite a nursing home. We have been very pleased with Sunrise of Scottsdale and would recommend them.

Very nice place, communicative staff

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone with Sunrise of Scottsdale! They're very communicative and informative, and always let me know the instant anything changes with my loved one. It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly!

Very Caring Community

Sunrise of Scottsdale is a very caring community. My loved one is a resident and is very happy there. The staff is caring and responsible. The community is very appropriate for someone of advanced age and it is a good comfortable fit. They pay attention to details such as decorating for the holidays and taking great care of the potted plants and foliage in the community. They could use some improvements in the activities available for their residents.

Very Good Community

The community is very good, though I would like to see more staff. The staff who are there are very friendly. They have activities and services my mother has not needed to use yet.

Nice place, very friendly and helpful staff

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place, and it is definitely somewhere we were considering as an option. The staff that I worked with here were very friendly, and helpful throughout the whole process. They provided me with a lot of valuable information that helped me during my search, even though we did not end up choosing their community in the end.

We toured this facility and found it to be a good experience over all. The staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgable. The facility it self looked older then it was and rooms small. The food we sampled for lunch was mediocre at best, which would be a turn off for our client. We did chose another facility, but this was our second choice.

Nice facility....a little p...

Nice facility....a little pricy with their pricing done on a daily basis...and then any add on that may be needed

Nice facility. I want to t...

Nice facility. I want to take another look here.

Exceptional, caring staff. ...

Exceptional, caring staff. Gardens not as nice as most places. Floor plan good

Our family loves Sunrise

I want to provide a different perspective from someone who has a loved one at Sunrise versus a review based on what seems to be a short tour of Sunrise Scottsdale. This was one of the most emotional decisions our family has ever had to make. My mother has lived in the Assisted Living section of Sunrise for almost a year. She is an 83 year old diabetic with memory, motivation, and depression issues that the doctor calls mild cognitive impairment. She lived with me for nine months after her husband passed and I could not provide the care for her that Sunrise does. The activities and outings are fun and engaging and they get her motivated to get up; the staff is tremendous! They sincerely care for each resident as if they were their own parent; I have experienced it first-hand. I couldn't be more pleased with the nursing staff and medical technicians. The facility is clean and decorated much like a Southern home. The activity room is constantly busy with planned activities for residents - and the Activity Director is attentive, vivacious and fun. (There is also a Bistro downstairs for card playing if desired.) Also, there are several activities that involve family members which allows all of us to "hang out" with her in her environment. We toured several facilities: some were beautiful but too large to feel like "home". Sunrise fit the bill perfectly. (Some facilities were quite depressing!) And face it, this level of care is not cheap! If you're looking for an intimate, "homelike" care facility where the staff treats the residents like family with open and accessible communication, the food is delicious, and the activities and outings are stimulating - then look no further! We are thrilled that our mom is comfortable and as happy as she can be.

Best for independent assisted living

It's pretty expensive. my mom is what you would call a high functioning dementia patient and I just don't think they're set up for that of caregiving. . They don't really remind people of activities and most activities are passive with limited variety e.g. Card games. If you want more engagement, review them carefully. I believe they are overpriced for the level of care they provide. It's probably ideal if you are very independent with no needed addional services as the location and facility are nice.

Really Impressed

We moved my mom there about a month and a half ago and it's been a rough transition for my mom. Sunrise has been really awesome in helping her with a really rough transition. I can't imaging that this kind of transition is easy for anyone but I can say that we're all - my two sisters and my brother and I - are all really impressed with Sunrise.

near Mayo Clinic

near Mayo Clinic

6-8 miles NNW of Casa brand-new; ups...

6-8 miles NNW of Casa brand-new; upscale; 78 residents weekly housekeeping; daily tidying Holiday Inn on campus Pets okay; no deposit Studio $115-125/day

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.