Belmont Village Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ

Would Not Accept Mom

After explaining what sort of care my mother was in need of this community told us they wouldn't accept her. The staff was worried that she would get out and take off. The community itself was smaller than others we had looked at. The staff at least was honest and upfront about what level of care they would provide but it was still shocking to be told they wouldn't accept your loved one.

Staff is Very Supportive

Mom has been through a lot in the past few months so to say moving here was easy and she has adjusted well wouldn't quite fit. She is doing better than before she is slowly starting to make friends the staff which has been wonderful and encouraging. She is still getting used to her new surroundings and has to settle into a new routine. The one things she absolutely loves is the food she looks forward to meal time. The community almost gives off the feeling like you are living in a hotel on a permanent basis. I would highly recommend this community.

To small

Belmont was a nice small community neat and clean and the staff did a great job with the tour answered our questions but it just was not the right fit for my mother as the rooms were too small. And she did not feel like she would fit in here.

For My Mom

My mom is trying to adjust to living in a community, this is a new experience for her. and the staff and people here have been so very nice to her. The director has been outstanding. He is very helpful and he was supportive.

Our Experience Here

This community has been very supportive of my loved ones. During a difficult time the staff were very good at accommodating my dad. My mom, she is trying to like the community, is an adjustment for her. The people here are so very nice to her and the director, he is very helpful, supportive, and outstanding.

Great stay so far!

My loved one's stay so far is going quite nicely. The facility looks very clean and the staff are great. There is a high nurse to patient ratio, which we appreciated. Overall, this is a significant improvement over the last facility that my loved one was in!

Had to Consider Traffic

I toured a very nice community but I didn't like their a/c unit in the room. They built a wooden box that took too much space and it had sharp edges. For a fall risk that concerned me. It was located in an area that can get congested with traffic. For us to visit, there would be a traffic issue.

Clean, friendly, smallest room too small liked next sized room up

Billing Needs Improvement

My father is doing pretty well here at this community. It has been a hard adjustment for the whole family. I have had some problems with the billing. I would say their billing system needs some improvement. Other than that issue everything else is working out well. It is a nice and clean community. The staff is very pleasant. The food is good. They are caring for him well. The billing has been our only problem so far. Other than that issue this would be a community I would recommend.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience. It’s our privilege to serve your father and we appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about the issues with our billing and encourage you to speak to your executive director about your specific concerns so he can help find a resolution.

He Loves The Food, Great Meals

Actually I would rate as 3.5 stars at this point. My husband is doing well here at this community. There are a few things they need to improve on. It is a nice looking community. They keep the community neat and clean. The staff is great, but some of the caregivers leave a little to be desired. They don’t pay attention to certain things and some don’t seem to have much common sense. There are great activities offered. He loves the food, which is a big plus. I'm comfortable with the care, and I would recommend this community.

Lorena Grimes

We’re happy to hear that your family is having an overall positive experience at Belmont Village and we appreciate your feedback. Input from residents and families is an integral part of our ongoing care and we encourage you to speak with your executive director about your specific concerns as they arise so he can address them quickly.

I would recommend Belmont Village!!!

This community was the best place we found within our parameters. The staff are nice, helpful and have coordinated with the family on my aunts medical care. The community is clean and she enjoys playing cards. Choosing this community was the right decision for us.

A Good Place For My Mom

I have had a good experience with this community. So far the staff are very nice, attentive, and welcoming. The community is clean for my mom to enjoy. There are lots of things to do around here and my mom likes the food too. This community is a very good place.

Wonderful Wide Variety Of Activities

My Husband is doing very well here at this community. They are taking good care of him and his needs. The community is well maintained and very clean. He is getting his physical therapy and occupational therapy right here at this community. They offer a wide variety of activities. The food is wonderful, we love the meals. He is receiving great care. This is a facility I would recommend.

Excellent care and facility

Staff have been very kind and attentive to Mom's needs. Nursing and management have responded promptly to my questions and suggestions.

Moving with short term momery loss and 90 years old.

My dad just moved in a few weeks ago. Being almost 90 with short term memory loss and legally deaf, it was a scary first week. He lost the last 40 + years of his memories, he didn't know why he was there, though he has lived and work in AZ for over 30 years and didn't remember a day of it. Everyday when I came to see him, he was packing to go home. (40 years ago house), Within the 1st week he went on a lunch outing and that seemed to help. I took to lunch at Olive Garden, which we ate there a lot. On the drive, he started talking about things that happened a couple months ago and then a couple years ago. It was great to see that the memories were coming back. I knew when you move it very stressful, in someone who has short term memory loss and the move, is even harder. I can say that the people at Belmont have been wonderful, since he is doing really well so far, but then I expected in a short amount of time.

The staff was very friendly and it was a cheerful atmosphere.

Wonderful, Friendly Staff

It is just a wonderful, friendly environment. The food is good. My loved one is there and I just feel very confident that he is well taken care of. There could be a better staff to resident ratio though. When I was asking the director about wheelchairs, he gave us one for free, and I thought that was amazingly generous.

Lorena Grimes

We’re happy to hear that your family is having such a positive experience at Belmont Village and we appreciate your feedback. Input from residents and families is essential in helping us to maintain a high standard of care. We staff in accordance to our licensure, but we will review your concern in our regular evaluation of programs and services.

Not what we needed

My Husband has since passed and all I am going to say at the time is that Belmont Village Scottsdale is not what we needed at the time. Thank you.

Lorena Grimes

Please accept our heartfelt sympathy for your loss. We appreciate having had the privilege of serving your husband and family. We’re sorry to hear that you did not feel our community was what you needed at the time. Our executive director is available to discuss your concerns directly and learn what we could have done to improve your family’s experience and possibly that of others.

Too Pricey

It is too pricey over at the Belmont Village Scottsdale. The price has gone up a few times from them and they need to not do that I think. I give them a four - star rating overall, but for the value category I give it a three.

Everybody seems really friendly

Everybody seems really friendly at Belmont Village Scottsdale. All the staff and the director of operations were really approachable. If we have ever had any issues the staff were very quick to get everything resolved. Overall it's been a great experience at this facility.

Really Good At What They Do and Helpful

Overall I really liked Belmont Village Scottsdale. We paid extra to get special care the last time dad was there and that was not worth it to me. It is a nice, clean, and modern facility. The staff is really good at what they do and helpful. I really love the facility. The food is great there and the dining experience is wonderful.

The front desk is not very friendly when you first come in. In the courtyard in the back there are some broken lights that would look better if they got fixed. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the place. I found it superior than other surrounding places.

Amy Self

Thank you for your feedback - we will look into these issues. Please don’t hesitate to share any concerns you may have with your executive director for speedy resolution - we rely on input from our residents and their families to help us maintain the highest possible standard of care and service. We’re glad to hear you’re having a good experience overall and we appreciate the opportunity to serve your family.

I moved my parents to Belmont Village in July 2013. They love the activities and adore the staff. The kindness and compassion of the staff made the adjustment as easy as possible. The staff could not be more kind and loving to the residents. They always have a friendly greeting or a kind touch for the residents. The celebrations at Belmont are ongoing....every holiday and many other events. Belmont is a truly wonderful place.

A nice community

This is a nice community. It is very clean. The staff is always willing to help residents. The food is excellent. There are activities available but there should be more for more people to participate in. Overall, I rate this community 5 stars. I rated the value 4 stars because it is a little expensive. Belmont village Scottsdale is a great place and My loved one and I are very satisfied that we made this selection.

They did okay when we were there.

They did okay when we were there. My loved one was in and out of the hospital and passed away shortly after the move, so we didn't spend a lot of time there. They seemed nice, and I never had any major concerns with the community.

A GREAT PLACE

My Mom is so happy here! She came out to Scottsdale to spend the Winter months from the Northeast and while here had a fall. We decided that staying here was the best option and my siblings agreed.
After visiting 3 other facilities, this made us feel the most comfortable and we were right. Like a lot of Seniors, Mom had old views about Assisted Living and now she is the biggest fan due to the care and treatment she gets here.
Two of my 4 siblings have come out to support Mom and they are as impressed as I am and can't believe how fast Mom has come to embrace this place.

So far it's going okay.

So far it's going okay. I don't have any concerns over how clean it's kept or with the staff. The communication with me about my loved one could be better. I would like to know what's going on, more than just when she has a fall.

Wonderful organization!

The move in experience was most traumatic for my mother. Belmont Village personnel were an enormous help to me in the worst day of my life.

I researched four senior living facilities for my dad to relocate to. Out of the four, Belmont Village met my father's needs best. The staff are all willing to help in the care of your loved one (s). If your requests have not been met, just let someone know and it will be remedied.
The grounds are maintained beautifully. The colors on the walls and the amount of light that comes through the windows were as important to me as the many seating areas inside and out of the facility.
I'm very satisfied with my choice.

amazing!

The people at Belmont Village Scottsdale have really just been absolutely amazing! The friendliness of the staff is way off the charts. They have been phenomenal in their special care and their willingness to go way out of their way to make what would otherwise be a very difficult situation a truly super experience. They are always very much on top of things, and always communicating with me.

If anyone is looking for a place for their loved ones in need of such care, I would very highly recommend Belmont Village Scottsdale. They really have this down to a science and do an excellent job. They definitely truly genuinely care and do a simply excellent job!

Outstanding!

Incredible! My father is at the Belmont Scottsdale and the care, commitment to his well being, and competence of the staff is outstanding. From the Director to the Nursing Supervisor to the Director of the Neighborhood and the nursing staff and aides this facility is a true example of how an assisted living residence should be run. We have complete confidence in their care and we are completely happy with his care. Every step of the way we have been impressed with their management of his care. If there was a higher rating than 5 stars I would give it!

Absolutely positively fantastic the best move ever.

Absolutely positively fantastic the best move ever. Everything has been perfect, better than I could ever imagine! Amazingly fantastic. The food is good, and the value is there. A Place for Mom and their site has been amazing in helping find this place too, I tell everyone about them.

The Belmont Village is a wonderful pl...

The Belmont Village is a wonderful place. I'm pleased with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, care they provide, and services they offer to the residents.

Very nice facility....this ...

Very nice facility....this is one of two that we will consider as we move forward with dad and his condition

Food is an issue

The caregivers are good. The activities are okay for the age group. The food is not good. For example, for lunch today, we had pizza and it was greasy all over. The soup is salty. With this age group there are probably a lot of people who have to watch what they eat. They don’t have a dietician.

They are excellent.

They do a great job. The food is good, and the activities are fine. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are attentive and provide good care. They are excellent.

It's going fantastic, they are just phenomenal!

It's going fantastic, they are just phenomenal! The programs, the transportation, just everything. The food is good. We are really happy with them. There isn't anything I would improve.

good care

What we liked about it was 24 hour nursing – my loved one is an Alzheimer’s Disease patient and I liked the idea that they had graduated levels care for her. They have assisted living, circle of friends, and then memory care. They have good food and the parking has always been okay.

I liked this one best, but ...

I liked this one best, but it is expensive. Great tour and enjoyed lunch with residents.

We like it a lot. Everything is going pretty good.

We like it a lot. Everything is going pretty good. The food is excellent there. We do the laundry, and the trash could be kept up on a little better. This has the circle of friends program, and everyone seems to be into what they are doing they remember the patients names and work hard at making everything run smoothly.

Once I saw this I cancelled all the other tours.

It's a great place. The food is excellent, it's like a nice restaurant, with a full choice of menu. They have really bent over backwards to help us out, they have been very accommodating, even letting us use their furniture until we could get ours moved in. I would highly recommend the place. Once I saw this I cancelled all the other tours. I can't see how anybody could be dissatisfied. It's very clean, with nice decor. It's very cool, and modern, and homey all at the same time. They don't leave any stone unturned. They are very attentive. My mother likes it and she is a tough customer to please.

The staff to patient ratio was not good.

They weren't able to care for my loved one. It's a beautiful facility, the food was fine, but the care was not. The staff to patient ratio was not good. If you are considering this community, think about how much help your loved one needs and how much staff is there. I didn't think that they had enough activities, they had a few, but not enough. I felt like my loved one was isolated a lot of the time.

Thank goodness for "A Place For Mom!"

If you are looking for a place for your parents, contact "A Place For Mom" first! They were so very helpful! If it wasn't for that phone call, we would still be searching! The Belmont Village is beautiful! For my mom, it felt like home from the second she walked in the door!

Great Staff!

As far as the cleanliness goes, there is a distinction between the common areas and the individual apartments. I would rate the cleanliness of the common areas as a 5, but the apartments as a 3. Overall, the value is great. The thing that makes me the most happy is that everyone has been specifically trained to deal with memory impairment. Memory impairment is more than a physical impairment, but a mental and emotional impairment that has it's own quirks. The staff have a high tolerance level and I appreciate their hard work! They are required a certain number of hours of training. Also, there is always a fully registered nurse on staff 24/7. I wouldn't say anything but good things about the staff!

Met w Christy. We (my broth...

Met w Christy. We (my brother and I) were impressed with staff and facility (it is 2 years old building) Looks like a week-run and good place for my mom when considering cost , available rooms (studio, 1-bdrm) and overall atmosphere of care. Will definitely be in final selection top 3 options our family is considering for mom in a few weeks time.

Accommodation small ...

Accommodation small and cramped. Apartments better, but inappropriate for A. New facilities

Awesome Circle of Friends Dementia Program

Mom's not happy but she's getting good care. It's very expensive but she's getting a lot of services. She's in the Circle of Friends, the dementia care program. The only thing is that the communication sometimes isn't great. My sister has to make numerous calls as far as reaching the nurses if something needs to be done with mom's medication. Otherwise we're very happy with Belmont Village.

In the Circle of Friends they're in class from 9-5. It's broken into 40 minute sections. In the morning they'll learn about something like the history of baseball for example. Then they'll have a snack, then an activity relating to baseball. After that they'll have lunch then they'll com back and have another activity like a craft relating to baseball so they have one theme set for each day. The program is set up 7 days a week. It's an awesome program! You have to test into it. Mom used to be in the lock down because her scores were too low but now that she's getting her proper medication she's doing better.

Dementia Care

They had a section there that they said was care for early dementia but the people in there were so much farther along that my mother would not fit in at all. She would go crazy. They had progressed far beyond the care that she needed.

Great Memory Care

We are very happy. The staff is great – everything about it has been great. Mother is in memory care and she still has activities morning and afternoon. They include all of those residents in the activities. They never just leave them alone. They are always out with other people and they eat with other people. The staff is very good at caring for them.

Mom stayed here at Christma...

Mom stayed here at Christmas - corporate guidelines do not allow assisting Mom with her urostomy appliance

Swimming Once a Week

Everyone here at Belmont Village tries really hard and it seems like they really like what they do. They could do more activities especially physical ones. They have a pool onsite but they only seem to use it once a week. It would be better if they tried to use it at least 3 times a week just to keep the residents a little more active. Overall it is a pretty good place, it is on the expensive side but most of these communities are.