Atria Park of Sierra Pointe - Scottsdale, AZ

The best!

Mom moved in and immediately felt "alive". This after deep depression of losing her husband some months before. She was welcomed by both staff and residents. Very friendly place!! The food -specially weekend brunch! Is amazing!! Always variety. And served the way you like it. It's sweet how they have a hostess to seat you - and they all know the residents' names and who you like to sit with. There really are lots of activities. Mom originally told me she just wanted to stay in her room and read. That quickly changed. Yes, there were days she kept to herself. But many more days had something to tempt her out to mingle. She really enjoyed the happy hours with entertainment. Everyone gets involved. Bingo is a hoot. Comfy theater seating and movies every day -oh and 24/7 popcorn. Well she didn't stay long as all family lives across country. So off she went to the East coast. She misses Atria I know. As do I -but I do go by and visit still!

I really like the service my mom receives. She does complain about the food, but that might just be what they have to complain about. She has met lots of friends.

Great Facility for Mom

My Mom lived at Atria (Sierra Pointe) for just over four years and recently passed away there. I can’t imagine a better place for her to live out her days. The people are caring, the facility is top notch (and I visited several in the area before we chose Atria), the food is quite reasonable and the services are great. She was in the independent living area when she first moved in and was able to make friends and participate in all types of activities. She loved living there. She was active and engaged…just what you would hope. As time went on, she had some medical issues and we needed to move her to the Assisted living space. The move was easy with the help of Atria management. The staff were great with my Mom, especially in her last days, they went out of their way to be there for her. When she was very sick in her last day or two, many stopped by to see her and comfort her. I don’t know how to thank them enough. My brother and I would certainly recommend Atria to others looking for this type of facility.

Gone Bad

A wonderful place gone bad Sierra Point was absolutely the place to be five years ago . About two years ago, Atria acquired Sierra Point and ever since it’s gone completely down hill. The food is not eatable, they are short staffed and overall the decore has gotten old and worn.

I would NOT recommend this home for anyone

This was a beautiful place. The food was great. The apartments were nice. Not the nicest appliances but adequate. We like this facility the best so far.

Rude employee

I called to get info on rates and availability, and [name removed] was rude, muttering under his breath. He actually hung up on me after a couple painful minutes trying to find out what their enhanced care wing is about. When I asked if they have studios, he annoyingly muttered "really?" as if it was a stupid and ridiculous question. He was totally vague, and not willing to even let me know what types of apartments they have. If that is the person they hired as the first point of contact with the company, I would not even dream of placing my family there! The guy was toxic!

Kate Vance

Hi Isabel, I'm sorry to hear about this experience and have shared your comments with regional leadership. If you're interested in learning more about the community, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [removed].

Nice place that has gone downhill.

This use to be one of the nicest senior home in Scottsdale but since new ownership of Atria (large corporation) it has gone downhill fast.

The major issues are:
1. The food is absolutely awful. New chef but worse than ever .
2. They increase prices by over 7% per year. Poor value.
3. Management makes promises to upgrade the home but don't deliver.
4. This use to be mostly independent living with a separate section for assisted living. Now they try to upgrade you to their "Legacy" program which cost $500 more per person and offers inadequate staff that just roam the hallways with 2-way radios.
5. the dining room is packed with wheelchairs and walkers and it is dangerous for residents to walk through because it was not designed for this purpose.
6. There is always a shortage of staff so the current workers are overworked. Turnover is high.

The only redeeming element is that they do a pretty good job with events for the residents.

It is very sad that such a prestigious property has gone down hill so quickly. I would definitively would not recommend it unless you have a very large budget and can put up with horrible food.

Very responsive and honest staff

I toured this facility and liked it very much. However, they segregate the assisted living from the independent living and I wanted my Mom to be able to interact with people that were still very cognitive. The staff was very responsive and more honest with us than I think is typical for clients. The cleanliness was good and I never saw anything that was out of place. They had a few activities available but no Catholic service, which is something that we really wanted for my Mom. Ultimately, we decided against moving her in.

VERY small outdoor area...no walking paths.

Kate Vance

Thanks for your feedback! If you have any additional comments, please feel free to reach out to [removed]

So far so good

The staff have been helpful and great. My loved ones are very happy with the food. The community is clean, well maintained and within walking distance of a grocery store. The community offers transportation. They have daily trips out and other activities. I would recommend looking into this community to see if it would be the right choice for your loved one.

We fellin love with this facility immediately. Very spacious common areas with lots of patios, places to walk, fitness room, card room, craft room, etc. Extensive social/activities opportunities. Several floor plans offered. We ate lunch in lovely dining room which was delicious. Rooms have full kitchens with DW, Stack laundry unit, and generous private patio.

Staff are great!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going. The staff are great and I am comfortable with the quality of care she is provided. I like that she is enjoying her dinning experience and starting to participate in a few of the activities they have to offer. Overall it has been a good fit and we are very pleased with this place.

Staff Wasn't Forth Coming With Levels Of Care

When I first talked to the administration about my mothers care level needs and after they assured me that they will able to handle it during our next communication it turns out that they didn't provide what my mother was in of. I didn't really feel that either side supported each other as feeling like one community there was a noticeable difference in the atmosphere from the independent living side to the assisted living side. On the assisted living side it had more of a nursing home type feel to it and on the independent living side, there was more of an open free feeling nothing just seemed to match up. It was like visiting 2 separate places

The facility is nice, clean, and modern. Parking for those who are still driving is covered, carport-style. Lunch was good, & people seemed friendly.

It's a Wonderful Place to be

My mother's move to Atria Park of Sierra Pointe has been great, the whole staff is very sweet, a bit under staffed and they have recently been sold so there are some changes taking place right now. They are great at monitoring my mom's blood sugars on a regular schedule. My mom has a two bedroom with a nice sized kitchen a porch and a view of the mountain range. The food is very good and there is always one special a day. Activies are nice and she has taken a painting class, ceramic and there's transportation for the residents that want to go shopping or on the great field trips they offer. They serve a great brunch here with a Happy hour between 3 & 4, and a small movie theather.
We would definitly recommend Atria Park to our friends and family.

Nice Place

The property was nice very well maintained the landscaping was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful on our tour answered all of our questions. It offered everything that we had been looking for but it was not as affordable as other communities in the general area that we had looked at.

Enjoyable Environment!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The floor plan was open and the property was clean. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision.

A good community for care

We liked this community. The staff is caring and helpful to our needs. We liked the great menu well a lot of good variety of health. We liked a lot of nice activities that were available for us to participate. We would recommend this community to other families that are looking for a good community for a loved one.

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is adjusting well since her move into Atria Park. It has been a good experience for her and she likes it.

Improvements for care

I toured this community and found that it did not have a good atmosphere for the residents.This is a bigger community and they need to make some repairs and make it look newer and brighter community. The walk to the door is very far. The community needs new carpet and new appliances. We would not recommend this community to others, but they might want to tour the community for care for a loved one.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out - feedback helps us continue to improve and grow. If you'd like to tell me more about your experience, please feel free to email me directly at [removed]. I hope you and your family have found a community that suits your needs!

Great place!

Everything is going just fine for my mom at Atria! The facility is very clean and the staff are sure to cater to my mom's needs and requests. We have no complaints about this facility! My mom really likes it here!

Father's Care

The care here for my father is outstanding. The staff are nice very friendly and caring to his needs. The variety of the healthy meals is good. The community is offering a lot of nice activities that my father might enjoy in time. We would recommend this community for a lot of great positive care and the good value for other families.

Good respite stay

I stayed here for 30 days. They seemed to be having a lot of turnover during my stay. I didn't mind but a lot of residents were leaving beacuse of it.There were a lot of temp staff members they brought from other locations. It was a great place and they took good care of me.

Gorgeous facility and interesting activities!

My loved one's stay at Atria is going great! We found that this facility was the best choice for my loved one because it catered to her individual needs and requests. The facility is clean and my loved one's apartment is gorgeous! There are also a wide range of interesting activities for my loved one to participate in, which was definitely a plus. My main concern is the fact that the staff do not respond to resident concerns in a timely manner and things aren't happening on time. I have also found that there were not enough follow ups with our family, as far as updates with my loved one.

Getting Better Little By Little

It was a hard adjustment but it has been getting better. The meals and cleanliness has been fine for us. It's working out well for my mom living in this community. The staff provide good care and they have good communication with me. I would recommend the community.

Limited assistance in assisted living

My Grandmother has lived in Sierra Pointe for about 5 years, transitioning from independent living to assisted living. Independent living and assisted living (called legacy by atria) use the same apartments, except assisted living (legacy) gets access to the health aides. There is also a separate enhanced care wing--generally occupied by residents who need more care than available on the independent/legacy side (as noted below, this happens a lot).

Grandma was generally happy when she was on the independent side, except she felt that the quality of the food had deteriorated markedly since atria purchased Sierra Pointe. Honestly i find the fool acceptable, but it does seems all the residents complain about the food--I think many are used to higher end food--and the food has transitioned to ordinary.

The main problem has been the very limited assistance available in assisted living. The caregivers are actually wonderful and caring--its just that there are not enough of them. For example, at night there is just one caregiver for the entire "legacy side"==thats just one caregiver for about 70 residents getting caregiving assistance. If one needs care at night, the wait is long! ! Grandma says that when she gets assistance, the caregiver is very nice, but her caregiver gets several beeps from other residents who need care while the caregiver is with her. So there is only time for very limited help.

Sierra Pointe encourages residents who need more care to move to the "enhanced care" side---but this side requires residents to move out of their nice apartments to the very tiny apartments on the other side of the facility--once there, grandma would essentially be isolated from the community she has engaged with the last 5 years. She would not be allowed to enter the independent/legacy side, could not eat in the dining room with her friends, and could not participate in any of the activities currently available to her. Many residents in legacy/assisted living seem to pay for private caregivers in order to stay in their current apartments--this makes up for the limited care available, but the cost is massive (i.e., 8 hours a day of a personal health aide costs $6000 a month or more).

I think Sierra Pointe could be a good choice for anyone who is independent. (As long as food is not a top priority). But I would be very cautious if your loved one needs assistance, as they are far too short on caregivers to provide sufficient assistance--especially at night. Even if your loved one just needs minimal assistance, keep in mind that your loved one's aging will not stop--and with time they will need more assistance--You will be faced with moving them to the tiny enhanced care apartments, or getting a very expensive private caregiver.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I encourage you to reach out to your Executive Director. He can be reached at [removed] and will be happy to discuss your concerns. He can also tell you about our monthly Food for Thought meeting, where residents and family members can discuss their dining preferences directly with our chef.

Kate Vance

A great community for short and long term living.

Being involved with older folks for years and having the opportunity to visit many communities and understanding the different levels of care as well as state guidelines for holding a license, Atria Park of Sierra Pointe would be my top pick for a community. Here is why--it is the only community in the East Valley which offers all three licensed levels of care which is not a buy in community. I also learned the team has been there for years which speaks volumes and I met several residents who have lived there since it opened almost 17 years ago. Yes, there were a few changes when Atria bought this property but all the changes were a plus for the community. Who wants to live in a community that doesn't do the upkeep making it a forever more wonderful place for folks to be engaged in over 200 activities. I was further impressed with the fact my mom could move into this community independent of care and not need to move again when and if she transitioned to needing care. What I saw was a dedicated staff and happy residents.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

The tour guide was very attentive with me during my tour. I thought the layout of the community was nice. The guide showed me around the bedrooms and the whole community. Everything was really nice and organized. They explained to me the meal plans and the activities that are offered. I would highly recommend a tour of the Atria Park of Sierra Pointe.

I love My Apartment!!

The apartment that i am in is very nice. I have a great amount of space and its very organized. The staff is outstanding they are very friendly. I like to participate in outdoor activities. One thing i wish was different was the food it could be a little better.

We couldn't be happier with our decision for my parents. I feel like they'll be in great hands. Everyone, top to bottom has been courteous and caring. We narrowed to decision down to three communities and this is the one my parents selected. We have been so impressed with the other seniors in the community. Everyone is exceptionally friendly.

The staff were knowledgeable!

I took a tour of this community and it looked nice. I did not get a chance to try the food. The people that I passed in the hallways seemed nice. The tour guides were knowledgeable. It was just a little to high price for what they offered.

Very Happy Customers

I moved my Mom and Dad here in May, 2016. I am happy with everything and so are my parents. It is a beautiful place with wonderful employees and delicious food!

lots of activities

Atria Sierra Pointe has lots of activities. Mom is overwhelmed with the move so she has not participated yet. But I look forward to her doing so in the future. The facilities are nice here. We just need some time for mom to get adjusted.

Incredibly happy!

My father lives there and we are overall more satisfied than I could have imagined; they've made it a great experience during a difficult time.

Not Recommended

Since Atria purchased this property it has gone way down hill. Food, service, housekeeping, etc. This company seems only to be concerned with making money. The first rent increase after they took over was 5.5 percent and they said we can expect more of the same each and every year.
Staff is wonderful but cannot make up for the decline in all other areas.

very good experience

I have had a very good experience with Atria Sierra Pointe. They are really wonderful! My mother fell once and pressed the life alert button, and they quickly came to her aid and called the ambulance. It really assured me that she is safe and being watched over and cared for. They are genuinely very concerned about her well being.

not appealing at all and ex...

not appealing at all and expensive.

Kate Vance

Thank you for coming in for a tour. I am sorry that we did not end up begin a perfect fit for you and would love to share information about one of our other great communities, Atria Chandler Villas, only 30 minutes away. If you would like more information or feel we can be of further service to you and your family, please do not hesitate to reach out via [removed]. We are here to help!

It's been wonderful.

It's been wonderful. We are very happy with it. My mom is as happy as she can be there. The food isn't great, but it's a for profit place. Everything else is wonderful. There really isn't anything that I would complain about.

A place for grandma

I live in a area that has a lot of senior centers, and this was one that was walking distance. They are very organized and help for with outsourcing care. My first impression was that the residents were very happy, and the staff was kind to them. This was why we chose Sierra Point. It is walking distance to restaurants and grocery shopping and lot of parks nearby.

The staff was very friendly

It was very expensive. The staff was very friendly. I thought the food was great, but my mom got a little tired of it, but institutionalized food can be like that.

This facility ranks extremely close b...

This facility ranks extremely close behind some other communities. It seemed, however, overly formal. It had an aire of being back in the nineteen-twenties?

near Mayo Clinic

near Mayo Clinic

Our luxurious, resort-style community is situated in a residential neighborhood in North Scottsdale with stunning mountain views and kaleidoscopic sunsets. We’re within walking distance of shopping, dining and banking less than 20 miles from downtown Phoenix.

At Atria Park of Sierra Pointe, older adults enjoy the freedom to live as they choose, in the area they know and love – without the burdens of maintaining a home. We also offer discreet assistance to accommodate the needs of our residents as they change.

With endless opportunities to travel, learn, experience and meet new people, each resident creates a lifestyle perfectly suited to their tastes, complete with comfortable amenities and outstanding service. Life at Atria Park of Sierra Pointe is always eventful. Through our signature Engage Life® program, residents enjoy a wealth of opportunities for enrichment, enlightenment and fun every day.