Brookdale North Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ

Brookdale North Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ has yet not published prices.

Very nice property, however not in our budget and the distance from the apartment to dining is far for my 100 year old mother. Must let it go.

Liked very much

A tour

This was a nice looking community when I visited. They do not offer individual apartments they have rooms with bathrooms. This community was also a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Going Good For Mom

I have my mom at Brookdale and she is telling me her experience is good with them. She hasn't had any problems yet and The staff send me emails with activities. Other than that they have not contacted me.

Tour for care

We were happy with the tour of this community for mom. The staff were nice and the community was clean with a nice environment. The menu was appealing and the activities would of been offered for her to participate. We needed additional care that they did not offer at the time. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Definitely Recommended!

I would definitely recommend Brookdale North Scottsdale. My husband stayed there for a two-week respite stay. And we will definitely come back for future needs. My husband could take his own medications and he only needed someone to check in on him now and again and they did. They did everything they said they would and the price was exactly what they said it would be. There was a little mix up with the billing but they fixed it immediately. No complaints at all. It is absolutely very clean, some places have that urine smell, this one smells so clean. The staff is so friendly and caring. The best part for my husband is there are a lot of male residents at Brookdale North Scottsdale. My husband has stayed at many nursing homes where there were mostly women. They also make a huge deal about veterans here, my husband being a vet himself this was definitely a plus. The food is excellent, wonderful food choices such as veal, shrimp (which is my husbands favorite!), and other diabetic options. They serve a sugar-free dessert with every meal, even if it's just vanilla ice cream, it's sugar-free! I have already recommended Brookdale North Scottsdale to several people.

A good stay!

My mother was at Brookdale North Scottsdale for a respite stay, and it was a good experience. She had a good time with the activities and the staff took good care of her.

no pool,I really need one. Will was very nice and helpful.

Nice facility!

This is a very nice facility! From what I saw, this location seemed to be very well suited for my loved one. The staff was very friendly and inviting, and the community seemed very nice. Though Brookdale did not cater to all of my loved one's medical or social needs, it is a very nice facility!

Very good communication with family.

I would say at this point we have not noticed a need for improvement.I think they do a very good job of making sure my mother is where she needs to be and keeping track of her. They do a good job of communicating with the family. I visit often and they answer any questions I have.

A Great Team of Staff

After having many tours, this community was the best fit for all of our needs and the care for my mom. The staff are very good, they're prompt at responses when the residents push the "call button". I hear the staff have been there for many years, between 2 to 5 years. The meals are adequate, not anything great. The meal service is slow but they tell me they will be working on that issue. Otherwise she is doing fine.

Healthy Meals !!

I am pleased with how things are going so far for my mother at this community. I am impressed with the quality of meals she receives during her dinning experience. They are nutritious and the chef gives plenty of variety to the residents to change things up. My mom has also been participating in many of the activities they have available for the residents like the morning trivia and exercise classes. I am happy to see she is enjoying herself in her new living environment.

Good care for mom

I like the care that is received at this community. The staff is very nice and caring. The community is clean and taken care of in every way. The offer nice activities. We would recommend this community for the great care and the value. The meals are excellent and the activities are offered.

The cost of my care

I do like living here. I really like the staff that is caring and very friendly. They have activities, but I hope that they get more for me to participate in. This community is very clean and I like seeing that in a place I call home. I would recommend this community for the nice care and value of living here.

I would say take a look for yourself

This community was quite large compared to some of the other ones we looked at. We were looking for a little smaller community. The people were friendly and the community was clean.

Will gives a very comprehensive thorough tour. This is a friendly caring place that is sparkling clean and active.

Good tour!

I took a tour of the community and it was great. The staff did a good job about answering me and my loved ones questions. I did like that they offered a list of activities. The staff seemed to be nice and well knowledgeable as well.

I can feel the Energy!

The community is super beautiful and clean. The staff was great about answering all of my questions that I had. I did not get to look into the activities that they offer, but all the residents were all doing something. There was a lot of energy in this place. I would recommend them.

My opinion!

I had a nice tour of Brookdale North Scottsdale. The staff seemed nice and the community is clean. They offer activities. It seemed like a wonderful environment. The cost at this community was just a little to high for us.

We Love Brookdale

My dad was there for just a month and he was starting to adjust to his new home. Everybody was awesome and we got to know the residents, they even did a memorial service for my dad. The care was excellent and worked with my dad with Physical Therapy. It went good because he was able to use his walker again. Overall, we had a good experience and we would recommend them to anyone. They went over and beyond.

Great Services!!

Brookdale North Scottsdale is a good place. The staff provides good services and are attentive. The community is kept organized and clean. One of the things that we have not been very satisfied with are the meal services the meals are good the services are not. I feel that he is in a safe place and i would also recommend this community to family and friends.

Overall this is a good community!!

The management staff were accessible to my family, diligent about contacting the doctor’s office for information, and accommodating when my mom’s temporary stay needed to be extended. The caregivers were kind to my mom and generally patient working with her. The dining staff were respectful and friendly to residents, but the service was slow and follow through on our request to assist my mom by reading the menu and pre-cutting food was inconsistent. The building is clean and includes a variety of welcoming spaces both indoor and outdoor. It would be helpful to designate more of the spaces by the main entrance as handicap parking so residents and guests who need them have better availability.

An Enjoyable Respite For My Dad

The care was excellent for my dad while he stayed for a respite. He was able to join in many activities and meet a lot of people too. My dad was very happy with the meals that he ate. They did a good job keeping the community clean, it was satisfactory. They made my dad feel so comfortable that he wanted to stay permanently and I would recommend them.

Great Community!!

The staff at Brookdale North Scottsdale is wonderful. The community is kept clean and organized. I would recommend family and friends this community. The meals are good i have been enjoying them. I feel that i am in a safe place.

The Transition Is Getting Better

It was a tough beginning but my mom is doing better. The staff are excellent and fabulous people, some better than others. They are very kind and encouraging. I think the activities are misleading. It is posted to show but no one attends to one. The food is plain, not presentable, over cooked, dry, and not hot, it is warm though. They use young staff to serve in dining room but they often don't know ingredients to meals. I am not happy with the cleanliness, they don't do a very good job. A Place For Mom was wonderful help.

All Went Good

I met with the manager of this community and enjoyed what I saw. The residents are very nice upon meeting them. I did not get to try and complimentary meal. The staff noticeably did what they were suppose to do for the residents.

Nice place, going through some renovations now but looks pretty clean and sanitary. No odors. Just loved Cindy [removed], the sales manager. Very down to earth. Made me feel very comfortable. Good impression.

Excellent listening and communication, personal care, front office. Very clean, nice flow, terrific amenities.

Neutral

My mother is doing well at Brookdale North Scottsdale. The community looks amazing, no concerns regarding the cleanliness. They are very friendly and kind here and have been helpful with my mother and her needs. The staff is very good at what they do, I'm very pleased with them. The only downside about this community is the fact that there aren't a lot of activities to attend. They should make more of an effort to get the residents involved. I'm pretty neutral on recommending it.

Freindly Staff

The food is pretty good. The Staff is very friendly and that's their best asset.

satisfied with the choice I made

At Brookdale North Scottsdale the cleanliness is excellent. The staff is super. The place is very nice. Most of the people are very friendly. I am satisfied with the choice I made.

Very happy with the whole experience

They have done pretty much everything well. My mom first checked in to the general population, which surprised me a little bit, but she was under 24-hour care until she switched to Clare Bridge. I am very happy with the whole experience thus far, the only thing I think they can improve upon is that I've been asked to duplicate a lot of paperwork for Clare Bridge that I have already done for Brookdale.

Excellent Staff, Problem With Dining Service

First of all the staff was very friendly, but they were short on staff. My mom felt really safe there. The residents were very pleasant and it was a nice environment overall. However, the food was not good. They were always short-staffed in the dining room and a meal could take two hours and you would painfully wait for service. They would run out of food that was on the menu and it just seemed like they could never get it fixed. They also did not have enough caregivers, but they were excellent for the most part. I think they genuinely cared about my mom.

A good place but would like to see more inclusive's.

I think it's a good place. However, I think for the money you spend I would like to see more inclusive's. You pay the rent and then you have to pay extra for all of the add-on's. Other than that, everything else is pretty good. The inside of the Brookdale is very clean. It's a nice facility. Everyone is very friendly. The friendliness is excellent. I am really pleased with this place. It has been very good.

Very Friendly Community

The bedrooms are spacious. The rooms were always mopped and swept. The staff was friendly. The only issue I had was that it was hard to get information once my loved one was there. It was difficult to get an answer on the phone. Overall, I would recommend this community. It is a very friendly at the Brookdale North Scottsdale. I rated that category 5 stars. Everyone was nice and sweet. The residents as well.

It seems to be a good facility with all levels of care. No swimming pool is a factor.

Very friendly staff. Concerned about...

Very friendly staff. Concerned about finding the correct level of care for my mother and meeting her needs. Her room is spacious and bright. The AC unit is a bit loud. House keeping leaves a little to be desired. Parking is not good. It's very limited. Lots of activities to pick from during the week. The dining services has lots of issues. Over all, the staff has been so great with my mom and my family. It's a relief that my mom is living there.

Personal and Friendly

This has been a good fit so far for my Mom. Any concerns I had regarding her care were taken care of quickly by the staff. They are all very friendly with the exception of some of the servers in the dining room. They are very young and I think just need training on how to interact with the residents and guests. It is important to be upbeat, friendly, and able to have a short conversation with them.

The Inn has a newsletter with events, policies, and spotlights of the staff/ residents. They also send out a monthly calendar via email to anyone in the family that would like to know the daily activities for the month. It is great to stay informed and know what is available for Mom.

They have music and live entertainment often and are open to local musicians and performers. The activities director, Kelly Coleman, is upbeat and positive and great with everyone. They recently started a monthly family night which helps keep families involved.

We chose this place because it was a smaller community and close to our home. 2 floors and a nice number of residents. They just renovated, so there's new carpet, new furniture, curtains, etc. But what really sold us is the outdoor space. My loved one LOVES to sit outside, and the patios are the largest of the communities we looked at. She feels safe, secure, and still has her privacy which was important to my family. So far it has been the right choice.

What is most important is that my lov...

What is most important is that my loved one is happy here! The people are nice, and the place is just beautiful! We are very pleased! It is in a convenient location for us, but we were also very impressed when we toured. The sales people greeted every person we saw by their name, whether they were residents or staff members. They introduced us to everyone, which reassured us that this was a friendly and relational environment. My loved one is happy with the caretakers, which is great!

You Can Eat Anytime

I really didn't like that you could eat whenever you wanted. That's not what I wanted for my mother. I really wanted a more structured environment for her.

Activities seem much better

The place is very nice, very nice people, but we haven't moved in yet so we don't know how it will be. We've gone in and instead of getting promises of "these are the programs we'll have" we've actually gone in and seen the programs so we know that they have them. The memory care has 5 or 6 structured activities that happen every day so there is going to be something there and it seems like they have a better cross section of male and female residents, where he was before, there was only one other man. It also seems like the program is higher functioning.

Mom stayed here over July 4...

Mom stayed here over July 4th - large facility

nice

nice

Beautiful facility. A bit overpriced...

Beautiful facility. A bit overpriced and the rooms were smallish in comparison to what Mom has now. It is a possibility but not first choice for now.

Beautiful facility. Residents appeare...

Beautiful facility. Residents appeared happy and content. Liked that they have 2 physicians and a podiatrist who visit on site. Staff appear caring and nuturing. + restaurant style dining.

Very impressed with facility, attitud...

Very impressed with facility, attitude of staff, cleanliness, activities offered, calm atmosphere. The memory care unit was very nice.

Has had good feedback from families. ...

Has had good feedback from families. newer building...good impression. 3 nurses on the floor. 3 levels of care. 1 br is 500 square feet. 2 br is around 800 square feet. Integrate independent and asst living. Good vibe to the place, but limited group areas. 97% occupancy.

Brookdale North Scottsdale provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Freedom Inn at Scottsdale we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Brookdale North Scottsdale provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.