Discovery Commons at Wildewood - Granite Bay, CA

Personal Attention With Compassionate Staff

My mom is doing very well and I am pleased with the level of care that is provided. The staff are very caring and very personal with individualize care and attention. I was impressed with the way they talk to them and seeing them hold their hands was comforting. She has good meals to eat and activities to do, I wish they would include art too. Her health and cogitative has improved. I notice that she is stronger and more expressive. The community is always so clean and light. For Valentine's Day they had a sweetheart dance. There was decoration that was really cool. They got some prom dresses for the ladies and others got dressed up. Family were invited, there was a DJ, and a mirror ball hanging from the ceiling. It was great dancing with the family. It was a lovely event, the activities director is great with her activities and events.

Great community for our loved one!

The community at Spring Village @ Wildewood has offered a wonderful experience so far. Our loved one seems to really like Spring Village. The staff have been very helpful with everything. They are accommodating and even assist with dialing a phone when needed.

My Loved One Is Safe

My loved one has dementia and the care givers all keep her well entertained and distracted and they make sure that she is safe there at the Spring Village facility. The food they serve is really good too.

Under staffed and under skilled

In regards to the location in California Maryland, it is new, it is nice. The turnover of staff is ridiculous crazy. My family member has been there for a year and a half and we do not have any staff members that have been there longer than she has. Staff members leave because they are overworked and underpaid. I believe they hire young and train on the job. Leaving these young girls not knowing what they are in for. Once they learn what they are involved in and how very difficult the care can be, they seek jobs elsewhere where they get paid fair for the work they do. Under staffed and under skilled. Licensed nurse staff is currently non existent. Praying it gets better before anything drastic happens.

improvement on activities

The activities could use improvement. They did not my interest my mom when she was there.

Staffing Needs Improvement

The facility is absolutely gorgeous. It's a new building and I love the layout of the place and the privacy that my father has in his room. However, they have had a lot of turnover in the past 2 months. The people who work there are not happy because they are paid little and work a bunch of weird hours so they cannot get benefits. It has the potential to be a five, but if they can't get it together with their staffing.... honestly, I am trying to pull my father out because he isn't happy there.

Very impressed so far!

This facility only opened just recently, and my loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I am very impressed by all they have to offer! The facility itself is very nice looking, and always well kept and clean. It has a very open, airy feel, and seems more like a resort than a care facility. The staff here are very friendly, and they're great at working with my loved one. She is quiet and shy, but they do a great job getting her out and about to meals and activities. Since they opened so recently they are still working out a few things, so the activities are care services are somewhat limited, but when they get everything up and running it will be hard to beat this place!