Sunrise of New City - New City, NY

Went on a tour, what a beautiful place, very nice people work there. There was even a little therapy dog running around, brought me joy. They have a lot scheduled activities and trips, many options for mom I wish I could afford definitely would be contender.

Place was very clean. Great daily activity menu. Many people were involved in activities. Rooms were nice. Social areas were welcoming. Dinningroom was comfortable. Parking lot was full so we had to park down the street, which was a setback. Staff was friendly and very easy to talk to.

Sunrise is the only one we have visited so far. Were greatly impressed by it in generally & by the availability of so many activities that included those with community ties. Also having [Removed] is a very novel addition.

Toured facility with [Removed], a warm friendly & compassionate person. Beautiful, clean facility with a homey feel. This is for my mom that has to leave her current assisted living. Sunrise seems to be a good fit to accommodate my mom's needs without going to a nursing facility. We hope to move her in the near future.

Very Helpful Community, My Father Is Well Here

My father is doing great here at this community. They are taking good care of him and his needs. This is a lovely community, they do a good job with keeping the community well-kept. Everybody is very kind, and the staff is extremely helpful. There are activities available for the residents. He says the meals are very good. I know he is safe and being cared for well here. I would recommend this community, it is a great place.

We felt welcomed the moment we entered Sunrise of New City. Nicole was very informative, as were all the other professionals we met last night. The place was clean and homey. But the rooms were quite small. I can't see my mom in anything but the one bedroom (which aren't available right now). And after assessment, may not even be an option.

We have been trying to get her to move North and we first looked at New City and we loved it then. It took two years and a bad falling accident to get her to be okay with moving in to it, but her first day she was there I could tell that she was so relieved. She was so surprised. We were afraid she was going to come in and be a crab and you could tell she knew she was going to be okay there. The people are so friendly. She's very, very pleased to be there.

A new begining

I just moved my mother in law from another assisted living facility. They welcomed her and got her settled in quickly and efficiently. When i call or visit it is always a pleasure, the staff is helpful and friendly.

very warm, professional and comforting

The administration is very warm and professional and comforting.

One area where they could improve would be the nurses aids need to return in a more timely fashion. These are older people, and when they need something it could very well be an emergency.

Other than that it has been a really good experience. Any time there is an issue (for example, there was one bad apple in the staff) they have been really good at addressing the situation.

pretty good

Overall it has been a pretty good experience at Sunrise of New City. Mom has only been there for a very short time, but thus far it has met expectations.

Nice place, so far

Things have gone well with Sunrise of New City so far! They're a high quality place, I'd give them top marks across the board. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem very friendly. I don't have any complaints!