Sunrise of Morris Plains - Morris Plains, NJ

Homey and Clean

Sunrise of Morris Plains was a very homey and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions.We were looking for a more bright and uplifting atmosphere and more updated in the memory care department.

They are well staffed

They offer a lot of activities including playing games and music. They offer a good variety of meal choices and mom seems to enjoy the food. The staff are phenomenal and one of the reasons we chose this community is they are also very caring. They take good care of the community and I would recommend it.

Was Our Second On Our List

This community was nice. When you walked in you were greeted in a friendly manner and made to feel welcome. The community appeared clean. We had an opportunity to eat a meal there and the food was good but the service in the dining area could have been a little faster. The staff looked professional. The community offered everything we were looking for.

Site is clean and well cared for grounds are attractive and nicely landscaped. Activities are adequate. Food/dining room are acceptable.

Everything here is for the greater good of the whale. Most old people are in wheelchair or have limited memory, and so things must be tailored for everyone. Food is good but bland. Activities are good. But people don’t attend. The place is as good as you make it.

Comfort for my grandmother!

My grandmother is doing great since she made the move to the Sunrise of Morris Plains. She is adjusting well and the staff has helped her a lot. I don't live close to her, but based on my conversations, everything is going great and we have no complaints so far.

We have no complaints about Sunrise of Morris Plains!!

There is good communication with the friendly staff at this community. They keep the community clean. My Mother in law likes to participate in many of the daily activities offered. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

My Aunt, who is 89 years old has only been there 3 weeks at this point in time but she seems more alert and is standing more erect. I call on a regular basis and she raves about the food and the activities.

We had a move in day fiasco and the staff was very accommodating even holding dinner for my family since we were so late.

Please note my aunt was totally against assisted living until we went to Sunrise of Morris Plains and she was impressed with the friendly atmosphere upon arrival and decided to look the place over completely and made her decision that day.

Thanks for the referral. I am referring a place for mom to everyone.

Good Fit For Us

My mother in law is still adjusting with the move into the community, and that is expected. We are giving her all the time she needs. Sunrise has been a good fit for us, it close to her old home so she gets visits from her old friends, and it is close to her doctors and that is convenient for us. The staff is friendly and kind. I do think the communication between us and the staff could be a little better. There are a lot of activities for her to partake in when she is ready. The food is great, and the residents have a wide variety to choose from. This community was a good fit for us. I would suggest that people take a look at it, but everyone's needs are different.

Looked nice, not a good fit for us

Sunrise of Morris Plains looked like a very nice place during the tour. However, it was also very expensive, and due to the way that they work with medicaid it wouldn't have been a permanent solution for my loved one.

They watch after the residents. It has been a good experience for my parents, they do not have much of a choice, but they are making the best of it and so is the staff in trying to make them comfortable.

Nice place, overall!

Overall we are pleased with our experience at Sunrise of Morris Plains! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff is friendly and professional. Really the only issue I've had is that their communication skills could use some work. Care instructions I give them don't get passed between shifts/caregivers so I end up having to repeat instructions fairly often.

Seems like a nice place!

Our experience with Sunrise of Morris Plains has not been a long one, but so far the staff I have interacted with have been very friendly and easy to work with, and the facility itself seems very clean and well kept.

Very nice place

They've done an excellent job at Sunrise of Morris Plains, I would give them 5s across the board. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been friendly and helpful throughout the whole process. My loved one has shown a lot of improvement since moving in. She has dementia, but they keep her busy with activities, which has really brought her out of her shell!

Excellent place. Father is in Memory Care Unit and the respect he receives from all who work there and the care and cameradery have made him very happy. Highly recommend Sunrise of Morris Plains!

Wonderful Place

My father stayed their for the thirty day process. It was absolutely wonderful. I couldnt have asked for a better place. The staff was really caring and great to him.

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Sunrise of Morris Plains seemed like a nice place, overall. The home was clean, and the residents seemed happy and healthy. The price also seemed comparable with the other communities in the area. All of the staff that we spoke to was friendly and responsive to our questions.

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience with Sunrise of Morris Plains has been a good one! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been friendly and helpful. I do think the communication with the physical therapy and medication distribution services could be a little better, however.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing; we have addressed your concerns with the community and should you have any more, please don't hesitate to email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thanks, Sunrise Team

Friendly, accommodating care staff

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very caring and attentive. They were friendly and very responsive to the needs of the residents.

Especially happy with the memory care unit

My parents lived here (one in the "regular" assisted living part and the other in the memory care unit) for about a year and a half, until August/September 2013. We were very happy with the care they got. The staff were friendly and helpful. With any facility like this you need to stay in touch, and some people communicated better than others, but overall we felt very good about the choice. We especially liked the memory care unit - I would pop in at different times of day and there was always some activity available for the people who could participate and wanted to, but plenty of space for the nappers as well. The memory care unit has a really, really nice garden area that got a lot of use in warmer weather. The staff always seemed to know where people were. They left to move closer to family. We are grateful for the time they spent there.

love this place but out of ...

love this place but out of our budget

Fantastic organization

We've been more than happy with the service that they provide here. They're a great organization, and they've done a fantastic job in every aspect, I'd give them 10 out 5 in every category, we really are pleased with them.